Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898209 times)

pgtl_10

Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7200 on: December 24, 2019, 02:36:31 AM »
Can anyone explain why Resetera is obsessed with TLJ? Do they actually like the movie or just defend it?

blame space

« Reply #7201 on: December 24, 2019, 02:49:28 AM »
Exactly 100% of Transhuman posts start with "I mean," and he is exactly 100% a dickface for it.

No bully pls

i mean what's wrong with being a dickface

God you are painfully unfunny

thanks, lonewulfeus! i hope you have a Merry Christmas i was just trying to defend my friend from being called a dickface for no reason 😆

you, unlike me, are freakin' hilarious! 😂

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7202 on: December 24, 2019, 03:42:43 AM »
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone struggle to assimilate more than blame space on the bore

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7203 on: December 24, 2019, 03:49:06 AM »
Can anyone explain why Resetera is obsessed with TLJ? Do they actually like the movie or just defend it?
They like it because they have to defend it.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7204 on: December 24, 2019, 03:53:16 AM »
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone struggle to assimilate more than blame space on the bore

I feel like that is more of a compliment than you realise

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #7205 on: December 24, 2019, 03:56:59 AM »
lmao imagine fitting in here, it would end in, he then turned the gun on himself.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #7206 on: December 24, 2019, 04:25:23 AM »

The hardcore gaming enthusiasts are currently throwing a massive temper tantrum because Henry Cavill said he likes playing on pc

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nme-%E2%80%9Cwhich-do-you-prefer-xbox-or-playstation-%E2%80%9D-henry-cavill-%E2%80%9Cpc-%E2%80%9D.160908/

"not surprising that a millionaire likes to game on pc where you cant get in for under 3k

probably has someone hired full time to mess with game settings and drivers."

"lol he's an actor, he should stay within his domain"

"Wealthy individual prefers platform that gets exponentially better depending on how much money you throw at it, what a shocker."

"honestly don't care what that creep thinks. not surprised he's primarily a pc gamer given his MeToo remarks. Also, The Witcher 3 came out in 2015, it's time to move on"

"Not that he would have changed his answer, but they couldn't have asked about the Switch, too?"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7208 on: December 24, 2019, 04:30:25 AM »

Not that he would have changed his answer, but they couldn't have asked about the Switch, too?"
nintenyearolds always trying to justify their self induced infancy

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7209 on: December 24, 2019, 05:12:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-starting-to-realize-that-the-last-jedi-is-a-modern-blair-witch-project-paranormal-activity-situation.161058/

It's effectively a reverse cult classic.

:science
TLJ has an audience score of A on CinemaScore

What is it with cinemascore suddenly being so important. Every shit gets As and Bs

NekoFever

« Reply #7210 on: December 24, 2019, 05:37:29 AM »

Plenty of people like it, but with a few of them it’s like Ghostbusters 2016, where they felt compelled to defend it against a (genuine) alt-right backlash and, now that the dust has settled and people can admit to not liking it without having their motives questioned, they’re struggling to come down off a war footing.

Basically, they’re the Japanese soldiers on Pacific islands who don’t know the war has ended.

wsippel

« Reply #7211 on: December 24, 2019, 05:40:01 AM »

The hardcore gaming enthusiasts are currently throwing a massive temper tantrum because Henry Cavill said he likes playing on pc

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nme-%E2%80%9Cwhich-do-you-prefer-xbox-or-playstation-%E2%80%9D-henry-cavill-%E2%80%9Cpc-%E2%80%9D.160908/
Cavill is/ was a very active Eve Online player, too. Rumor has it that he was in Confederation of Pizza back in the day. Similar to how Goonswarm was based on Something Awful and TEST was based on Reddit, Pizza was based on 4chan, and they were considered the most toxic edgelords in the game. Absolutely a bunch of people Era would love.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7212 on: December 24, 2019, 05:40:39 AM »
Henry is no doubt a gamergater  8)
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #7213 on: December 24, 2019, 05:45:02 AM »

"not surprising that a millionaire likes to game on pc where you cant get in for under 3k

"Wealthy individual prefers platform that gets exponentially better depending on how much money you throw at it, what a shocker."

"honestly don't care what that creep thinks. not surprised he's primarily a pc gamer given his MeToo remarks. Also, The Witcher 3 came out in 2015, it's time to move on"

"Not that he would have changed his answer, but they couldn't have asked about the Switch, too?"

only a 2080ti can render cavill's jawline
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

BisMarckie

« Reply #7214 on: December 24, 2019, 05:48:12 AM »
If you heard it from this clown "quantum tv" then just forget what you heard.

User Warned: Ableist language

Clown apparently  is an ableist slur :heh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7215 on: December 24, 2019, 06:02:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ot-revenge-of-a-sith-spoilers-now-open.158254/page-243#post-27670295

John Boyega opinion doesn’t count.

this is particularly good because some of the truly obnoxious TLJ cheerleaders on era use kelly tran as some kind of magic shield to deflect any accusations about how fucking toxic they are in any discussion.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7216 on: December 24, 2019, 06:02:57 AM »

many of eras staff and prominent posters were born clowns, and have to live with being clowned by life on a daily basis :wag

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7217 on: December 24, 2019, 06:04:08 AM »
its a constant struggle to maintain your basic human dignity when you're constantly doing or saying dumb shit and people are laughing at you and its everyones fault but yours  :'(

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7218 on: December 24, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »
The best part is his disgusted face when he's asked about the consoles

Not to mention the Cavill thread is a perfect summary of all ResetEra.
Part swooning over Cavill as a sex object, part REEEEEING communists and/or console fanboys.
Even their hate for Elon Musk makes an appearance  :heart

If I recall correctly the PC Master Race meme started with a Zero Punctuation review of The Witcher 2 :lol
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #7219 on: December 24, 2019, 06:14:08 AM »
Lmao the way he says PC. :dead

Non-pc gamers cucked into oblivion

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does Mac gaming count as PC  :doge
What about iOS  :doge :doge
[close]
[close]
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #7220 on: December 24, 2019, 06:16:23 AM »

This is amazing. Reads like all the miserable people in Yahoo comments, who no matter what the story, just want to be angry to feel better about themselves.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7221 on: December 24, 2019, 06:25:06 AM »
its a constant struggle to maintain your basic human dignity when you're constantly doing or saying dumb shit and people are laughing at you and its everyones fault but yours  :'(

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #7222 on: December 24, 2019, 07:12:18 AM »
RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7223 on: December 24, 2019, 07:16:42 AM »
I watched the 182 minutes Ultimate Edition of Batman vs. Superman yesterday.

Zack da goat  :preach
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #7224 on: December 24, 2019, 07:20:23 AM »
Blame space, time to pick the biggest guy in the yard and start a fight. It's the only way to earn some respect.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7225 on: December 24, 2019, 07:34:10 AM »
Had trouble sleeping last night and spent a small portion trying to imagine the kind of person who watches ROS and thinks that is the kind of star wars they want more of. Baffling.

:neogaf

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7226 on: December 24, 2019, 07:49:53 AM »
*me having shower thoughts about why Attack of the Clones wasn't more about Count Dooku who has a more interesting backstory than most of the shit Disney wrote and was arguably the best performing actor of the prequel trilogy*

:ohhh
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7227 on: December 24, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »
I watched the 182 minutes Ultimate Edition of Batman vs. Superman yesterday.

Zack da goat  :preach

Reseal the Nintex cut !
ὕβρις

PogiJones

« Reply #7229 on: December 24, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »
Exactly 100% of Transhuman posts start with "I mean," and he is exactly 100% a dickface for it.

You're mean.

:'(

:heartbeat

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #7230 on: December 24, 2019, 09:38:43 AM »

Imma tell my kids this was Bea Arthur.
Oi Oi

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7231 on: December 24, 2019, 09:40:56 AM »
it's kind of remarkable considering how many bad posters have been here

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #7232 on: December 24, 2019, 09:49:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-disney-cuts-star-wars-same-sex-kiss-in-singapore.161076/

This is basically what happens to every movie in China, no? I'm not sure what the surprise is.

kirblar of all people ok with china censorship

:rofl

:delicious

PogiJones

« Reply #7233 on: December 24, 2019, 09:54:43 AM »
The Bore's brash humor got me into trouble with someone in my guild in a game. She worded something funny, which I twisted into her saying she had an incestuous relationship with her son, and kept harping on that joke for a while. Turns out that she had been a victim of a weird incest-lite cheating situation, and she got hurt by my jokes.

Thanks a lot, Bire.  ::)

For all I know, Transhuman might really have a dick on his face and I just hurt him reminding him of it.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #7234 on: December 24, 2019, 09:56:02 AM »
blame space misses when his glib out there one liners made him feel special and not like the entire rest of the internet.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7235 on: December 24, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »
For all I know, Transhuman might really have a dick on his face and I just hurt him reminding him of it.
no just in his mouth

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7237 on: December 24, 2019, 10:08:54 AM »
Pretty great how many people in that DiSneY ArEN't YoUr ALLy IdIOts thread are namechecking the RLM review and saying how good it is
:rejoice

Cheebo right now
 :trigger :rage :ltg

nudemacusers

« Reply #7238 on: December 24, 2019, 10:18:18 AM »
Wow it’s almost like they correctly identified corporate presence in, and “support” of, marginalized groups for what it really was.  :brain

RLM is of course the same evil entity that praised Annihilation for proper female representation in film, those monsters!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:22:26 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7239 on: December 24, 2019, 10:40:23 AM »
Blame Space trying his shtick on the bire

🤴

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7240 on: December 24, 2019, 10:54:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-disney-cuts-star-wars-same-sex-kiss-in-singapore.161076/

This is basically what happens to every movie in China, no? I'm not sure what the surprise is.

kirblar of all people ok with china censorship

:rofl

(Image removed from quote.)

:delicious

Also is he saying that Singapore is part of China?

:iface

pgtl_10

« Reply #7241 on: December 24, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-review-thread-the-sheev-saga-comes-to-a-close-no-spoilers-rottenwatch-58-8-away-from-order-66-see-staff-post.160025/page-127#post-27621580

Quote from: zoltek, post: 27621580, member: 3917
Repost from the OT thread to at least bring a little bit of positivity to world. Lord knows I am prone to fall into overt negativity lately.

-------------

Saw the movie this morning.

As far as analyzing a film within the backdrop of all others films created since the invention of the motion picture, all the critiques are correct. The plot, full of holes. The pacing, incredibly too schizophrenic. Carrie Fisher, much too forced. The fan-service, in your face.

But for someone who has grown up with Star Wars since the beginning, this is not just "a film". For someone who has consumed virtually every piece of EU material since Splinter in the Mind's Eye, this is not just "a film". For someone whose very way of life -- the hobbies they chose, their approach to popular media, the lens through which they view the world, their notion of good versus evil -- has been influenced by Star Wars to a greater degree than any other artistic creation, this is not just "a film".

The Rise of Skywalker is an incredibly flawed movie, perhaps even objectively mediocre, but having waited 40 wonderful years for the story to end, I find myself asking for nothing more at its conclusion. I have an indelible smile on my face. I am a Star Wars fanboy now and for ever more. I am content.

Thank you Mr. Lucas.

:kobeyuck

Imagine having Star Wars as a guide to good and evil.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7242 on: December 24, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »

He's a British guy in his mid 30s, I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up on the Zed(sic)X Spectrum, Amiga, and other gaming-focused PC platforms that were so popular in the UK back in the day.
^_^

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7243 on: December 24, 2019, 11:20:13 AM »

:birb

pgtl_10

« Reply #7244 on: December 24, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »
Looking back, I wasted good years in the stupid console/PC wars. Resetera makes me laugh.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7245 on: December 24, 2019, 11:30:10 AM »
wii60 the god, trolling ps3 fans was glorious :jeb

nintendo #1 for life :expert
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7246 on: December 24, 2019, 11:51:19 AM »
From the desperate days of the GameCube trenches to the Wii and Xbox 360 victory marches.
It was so easy to bait PlayStation fans into bans  8)

Good times, good times.
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #7247 on: December 24, 2019, 12:04:11 PM »
the neogaf platform piss war taught me the most valuable lesson for arguing about anything pointless on the internet, you win by being the one who enjoys it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 07:50:28 PM by headwalk »

skullstorm

« Reply #7248 on: December 24, 2019, 12:54:44 PM »

Now now, don't get excited. It was edited and originally read:

If you heard it from this distinguished mentally-challenged clown "quantum tv" then just forget what you heard.

They could have given him a ban for kinkshaming though, clown sex is a perfectly valid fetish!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7249 on: December 24, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »
Backseat clowning  :hmph
🤴

pizzashit

Leadbelly

« Reply #7251 on: December 24, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-rise-of-skywalker-review-thread-the-sheev-saga-comes-to-a-close-no-spoilers-rottenwatch-58-8-away-from-order-66-see-staff-post.160025/page-127#post-27621580

Quote from: zoltek, post: 27621580, member: 3917
Repost from the OT thread to at least bring a little bit of positivity to world. Lord knows I am prone to fall into overt negativity lately.

-------------

Saw the movie this morning.

As far as analyzing a film within the backdrop of all others films created since the invention of the motion picture, all the critiques are correct. The plot, full of holes. The pacing, incredibly too schizophrenic. Carrie Fisher, much too forced. The fan-service, in your face.

But for someone who has grown up with Star Wars since the beginning, this is not just "a film". For someone who has consumed virtually every piece of EU material since Splinter in the Mind's Eye, this is not just "a film". For someone whose very way of life -- the hobbies they chose, their approach to popular media, the lens through which they view the world, their notion of good versus evil -- has been influenced by Star Wars to a greater degree than any other artistic creation, this is not just "a film".

The Rise of Skywalker is an incredibly flawed movie, perhaps even objectively mediocre, but having waited 40 wonderful years for the story to end, I find myself asking for nothing more at its conclusion. I have an indelible smile on my face. I am a Star Wars fanboy now and for ever more. I am content.

Thank you Mr. Lucas.

:kobeyuck

Imagine having Star Wars as a guide to good and evil.

And believing that in reality the boundary between good and evil is that straightforward.

For some reason I am wondering why he was waiting for the saga to end for 40 years. Return of the Jedi doesn't end with a cliffhanger. What the hell did he think needed tying up?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7252 on: December 24, 2019, 02:43:09 PM »
can we seriously make this an emote minus the pc hair for longevity?
(Image removed from quote.)

:birb

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7253 on: December 24, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7254 on: December 24, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
On my cellphone, fuck off hecklers

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #7255 on: December 24, 2019, 02:52:49 PM »
On my cellphone, fuck off hecklers

no

Snoopycat_

« Reply #7256 on: December 24, 2019, 02:56:50 PM »
More Christmas cheer from the happy people on Resetera

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-almost-never-attend-family-gatherings.161121/

"Hate taking to most of my family."

"I tolerate my family at the very least"

" I get nothing out of them."

ShutUp

« Reply #7257 on: December 24, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
And their families are glad they don’t attend the gatherings. Nobody wants to be around these miserable people, especially during the holidays.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

pizzashit

« Reply #7259 on: December 24, 2019, 03:48:09 PM »