Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898196 times)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7740 on: December 30, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
They're also the same people who would swear anyone who didn't like Ghostbusters 2016 was an alt-right misogynist troll until people stopped caring about that "battle" and most of them also admit it did indeed suck.

Right, but this kind of goes both ways. That's sort of what I don't get. Like, it's not just progressives that are championing these films. There's also people that hate Ghostbusters 2016 that will spend an inordinate amount of time assuring you that their reasons for hating the movie are completely legitimate and grounded in appreciation for the craft of filmmaking when it seems like the correct play would just be to note "I thought the movie sucked" and then move on with your life and not get roped into the social proxy war in regards to a fucking Ghostbusters movie. The same thing happened with Joker where if ResetEra came across as insane for thinking the movie should be banned there were just as many people that seemed interested in it only to rile up the Era-types of the world. Championing a dumb comic book movie to own the libs, if you will.

manchild wars
these people are 30+ years old

Tasty

« Reply #7741 on: December 30, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »
Ghostbusters 2016 fucking sucked so hard. I can't believe I saw it opening week in theaters. :rkelly

You were there for Chris Hemsworth, admit it  :smug

Seriously though i have not watched that movie but i don't really care about Ghostbusters (the first 2 movies were alright)  :shh

You're missing nothing. You're better off catching the occasional run of 1 and 2 on TV.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7742 on: December 30, 2019, 06:27:35 PM »
I don't want to act like some of the other posters here, but is Cheebo ok? He hasn't logged in since TRoS and you'd think he'd at least comment on it considering he posts 100 times a day.
(Image removed from quote.)
 :doge
cheebo may have died of a broken heart  :-\

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7743 on: December 30, 2019, 06:29:07 PM »
I don't want to act like some of the other posters here, but is Cheebo ok? He hasn't logged in since TRoS and you'd think he'd at least comment on it considering he posts 100 times a day.
cheebo may have died of a broken heart  :-\

What does Cheebo live for?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7744 on: December 30, 2019, 06:29:58 PM »
Cory Barlog (the director of the new God of War game) called out that guy who cried over MLB going multiplatform

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1211766508092715008

The guy is deleting all of his tweets now :lol

« Reply #7745 on: December 30, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »

:insane

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #7746 on: December 30, 2019, 06:49:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-palpatines-return-in-rise-of-skywalker-was-apparently-kathleen-kennedys-idea.162123/

Kennedy had a "clear plan" for the ending, says Rise of Skywalker writer.

Quote from: Solo
Kathleen Kennedy has bungled Star Wars. And guess what? You can say that with all due respect to her resume and without being a sexist.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #7747 on: December 30, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »
They're also the same people who would swear anyone who didn't like Ghostbusters 2016 was an alt-right misogynist troll until people stopped caring about that "battle" and most of them also admit it did indeed suck.

Right, but this kind of goes both ways. That's sort of what I don't get. Like, it's not just progressives that are championing these films. There's also people that hate Ghostbusters 2016 that will spend an inordinate amount of time assuring you that their reasons for hating the movie are completely legitimate and grounded in appreciation for the craft of filmmaking when it seems like the correct play would just be to note "I thought the movie sucked" and then move on with your life and not get roped into the social proxy war in regards to a fucking Ghostbusters movie. The same thing happened with Joker where if ResetEra came across as insane for thinking the movie should be banned there were just as many people that seemed interested in it only to rile up the Era-types of the world. Championing a dumb comic book movie to own the libs, if you will.
What's not to get, though?
It's just tribalism.
You'll use anything to win one up over the other team, any form of abstraction over that, is just proxies.

Reminds me of the 4chan types who spend their days tormenting trans people online and then complain about "SJW cancel culture", when one kills themselves.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #7748 on: December 30, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »
Everyone posting in this thread, regardless of intent, should be sent to a forced labor camp, worked to death, and have their organs harvested at the end.
每天生气

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7749 on: December 30, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »
only in hillary's america and only if we were young, rapeable kids

Boredfrom

« Reply #7750 on: December 30, 2019, 07:10:52 PM »

Here is the thing: Who the fuck cares if a bunch of idiots hype a film to own their ideological enemy?

Most people just want to enjoy and discuss their entertainment without feeling they are walking to a minefield.

Tasty

« Reply #7751 on: December 30, 2019, 07:16:51 PM »
A younger me would have no problem making suicide jokes, but with what I know now I think twice about it, no matter how likely/unlikely.

Tasty

« Reply #7752 on: December 30, 2019, 07:18:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-palpatines-return-in-rise-of-skywalker-was-apparently-kathleen-kennedys-idea.162123/

Kennedy had a "clear plan" for the ending, says Rise of Skywalker writer.

Quote from: Solo
Kathleen Kennedy has bungled Star Wars. And guess what? You can say that with all due respect to her resume and without being a sexist.

The turn is finally happening :rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7753 on: December 30, 2019, 07:29:25 PM »

Here is the thing: Who the fuck cares if a bunch of idiots hype a film to own their ideological enemy?

Most people just want to enjoy and discuss their entertainment without feeling they are walking to a minefield.

its extra stupid because in 6 months time they'll have moved onto some other fucking thing like wanda vision being the greatest thing ever and anyone who says otherwise is a nazi, and people will be 'permitted' to say that TLJ really isn't all that, in the exact same way you're now 'permitted' to say that Captain Marvel really wasn't all that without getting dogpiled

Boredfrom

« Reply #7754 on: December 30, 2019, 07:34:48 PM »
I think another reason why people are specially touchy about the sequel trilogy is that they are competent films compared with the prequels, and yet seem to enjoy them way less (me included).

If I need to guess, when the prequels made stupid decisions or disservice to certain characters people could care less because only Yoda, Palpatine, ObiWan and Darth Vader mattered in the bigger picture. That Chewbacca was friends with Yoda, that Anakin hated sand or Yoda become a CG character didn’t mattered because in the end the OG trilogy will be intact in most people memories.

With the sequel trilogy, we have: HanSolo and Leila failed relationship and Edgelord son, Luke failing in rebuilding the Jedi Order and becoming a bitter hobo, nothing changed in the galaxy and everyone is even more miserable than when New Hope started. The new characters are even less developed overall than the prequel ones, the TLJ made clear that nobody had a plan on anything and Rise confirmed how much of hack is JJ Abrams. Nothing in the OG trilogy mattered because the Star Wars universe ended how it started but with different names to factions and characters. Is the devaluation of the franchise to a point of being a legendary one to “what the fuck we do with this?”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7755 on: December 30, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
Kathleen: "George I just fired Colin... I like Rian but I think he needs to do it his way with a new trilogy and we're running out of time. I don't know what to do George. We've been writing for 2 or 3 years and it doesn't make any sense.... help me"
George: "You got my notes Kathy or is this where you hit the panic button and call in the one favor I owe you?"
Kathleen: "Sorry George... but the Whills? I just can't get Disney to sign off on that... and yes PLEASE! JJ said he would do it as long as we have a good script and some of his friends get cast"
George: "Use the Force Kathy hehehehe, or do what I did and bring back Ian as the big baddy again. He's great and the internet loves him. Between you and me, people always thought Star Wars was about stories but it was really about families and relationships. The story can literally be anything you want it to be. Hell, I named a thing Yub Nub"
Kathleen: "That's Palpatine right?, but he's dead?"
George: "Ian is very much alive Kathy and jesus, you people really didn't read any of my notes did you? He has many abilities that some would consider to be 'unnatural', put that line in the movie and you can get away with anything. Palpatine lived on this crazy Sith Planet and he's threatening the Galaxy with new taxation laws. An army of Sith is waiting and ready to strike the Galaxy as well as enforce this new order... let's say THE FINAL ORDER"
Kathleen: "Thank you George!"
George: "You're welcome and now about this Maclunkey thing we discussed, everything has a price Kathy and I really want to win this bet I have with Harrison Ford"
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #7756 on: December 30, 2019, 07:42:54 PM »
Nintex, I hope you never get your hands on Collider's deepfake tech.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7757 on: December 30, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »

Cheebo is in Hawaii on a 2 week vacation.  Do you guys not read the dossier updates benji emails each day?

nudemacusers

« Reply #7758 on: December 30, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »

It’s much easier to understand when you realize there are people who built their identity around the media franchises they consume, so when those media franchises do not live up to your imagine standards, based on the identity and expectations you’ve imagined in your head, you have an emotional freak out.

Kind of like when the chick you like, but have never spoken to once, cuts her beautiful long blonde hair into a bob all of the sudden leaving you no choice but to kidnap a similar looking woman and decapitate her out of frustration.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 09:41:25 PM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7759 on: December 30, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
Cory Barlog (the director of the new God of War game)
YOU MEAN THE DIRECTOR OF GOD OF WAR II AND THE MAN WHO MADE A SANDWICH

spoiler (click to show/hide)

benjipwns

« Reply #7760 on: December 30, 2019, 09:46:15 PM »
Everyone posting in this thread, regardless of intent, should be sent to a forced labor camp, worked to death, and have their organs harvested at the end.
harvesting organs from corpses that were worked to death :girlaff

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7761 on: December 30, 2019, 09:47:02 PM »

It’s much easier to understand when you realize there are people who built their identity around the media franchises they consume, so when those media franchises do not live up to your imagine standards, based on the identity and expectations you’ve imagined in your head, you have an emotional freak out.

Kind of like when the chick you like, but have never spoken to once, cuts her beautiful long blonde hair into a bob all of the sudden leaving you no choice but to kidnap a similar looking woman and decapitate her out of frustration.

That was the thing with Ghostbusters 2016. Even fans who fell into that category went "Not my thing, have fun" got backlash.

benjipwns

« Reply #7762 on: December 30, 2019, 09:50:07 PM »
Even fans who fell into that category went "Not my thing, have fun" got backlash.
Not picking a side is siding with the status quo, centrist.

shosta

« Reply #7763 on: December 30, 2019, 10:20:30 PM »
The posters itt right now:

Nah.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 11:35:30 PM by pork »
每天生气

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #7764 on: December 30, 2019, 10:22:49 PM »
This thread:

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #7765 on: December 30, 2019, 10:25:11 PM »
The progtards will call it a bluff, "rednecks are too fat and lazy to really do anything". Now i agree with them up to a point, it takes alot nowadays with the relative comfort that modern life brings to scarifice your job, reputation, even life for a cause, but the soypackers got one thing wrong. You dont need a 100% of right wing gun owners to rebel. Really 1% will do. Law enforcement need at minimum, 10 officers to one well armed citizen, in any given town of 10000 people with a 1000 gun owners, there will easily be a group of 10 guys that trust and know each other and are radical enough in their beliefs to fight for it. Youd need at least 100 cops to stop that, and enforcement would tell the shitlibs in their local globohomopolis to shove it, after 2 or 3 shootouts at the ok corral. They dont get paid nearly enough to take bullets from formerly lawful citizens.

And the fkin national guard of all things, who do you think comprises the national guard shiteaters? The same people that are in said militias, thats who, you utter pinko wankers.
Fish<

thetylerrob

« Reply #7766 on: December 30, 2019, 10:31:42 PM »

:no1curr about this shit  that much but it becomes a problem when flawed group think starts invading your spaces (neogaf and resetera in general). Pour 1 out for the homies that used to enjoy games journalism until it got taken over by twitter hot takes and wagon circling.

Tasty

« Reply #7767 on: December 30, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »

Nah.

How long did you look for this?

Or was it already saved? :thinking
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 11:35:45 PM by pork »

shosta

« Reply #7768 on: December 30, 2019, 10:42:07 PM »
I won't be answering any further questions tonight
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #7769 on: December 30, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »

Nah.
If only
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 11:35:58 PM by pork »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

pgtl_10

« Reply #7770 on: December 30, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »

It's like for some reason you can't enjoy anything without choosing a side.

It's why I don't want to vote anymore.

pgtl_10

« Reply #7771 on: December 30, 2019, 10:50:19 PM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #7772 on: December 30, 2019, 10:51:52 PM »
I’m not happy about it either but you have to trust the process.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7773 on: December 30, 2019, 11:07:09 PM »

Cheebo is in Hawaii on a 2 week vacation.  Do you guys not read the dossier updates benji emails each day?

wow, didn't know hawaii doesn't have internet or movie theatres..

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7774 on: December 30, 2019, 11:31:48 PM »
The same thing happened with Joker where if ResetEra came across as insane for thinking the movie should be banned there were just as many people that seemed interested in it only to rile up the Era-types of the world. Championing a dumb comic book movie to own the libs, if you will.

"Only to rile up"?

People were trying to get the movie cancelled, while at the same time whipping up a fervor around the movie which could have potentially ended up inciting someone to commit a shooting at a screening. There is a reason why the media has guidelines on how they cover shootings. So yes, i'm sure there's gonna be some "I told you so" regarding the fact that no shooting occured, but i'm more interested in the "I told you so, and don't do this shit again". Now imagine if there had been a shooting. Do you have any idea how much resetera would have enjoyed that happening? It makes me sick to think about.

Honestly I miss the old days when the moral puritans who thought they had the authority to dictate what society could handle were firmly on the religious right.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 11:49:37 PM by Transhuman »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7775 on: December 30, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
And at the end of the day, it was a good movie that got standing ovations at festivals and that audiences loved. Can people not say they liked a fucking movie without it being some political hot potato?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 11:39:45 PM by Transhuman »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7776 on: December 30, 2019, 11:37:07 PM »
Critics hated it though, for some reason. Critics like this one:

shosta

« Reply #7777 on: December 30, 2019, 11:50:40 PM »
Shame on you pork for removing my content. If I wanted to support anti-gamer homophobia I'd be posting on Resetera dot com
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7778 on: December 30, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »
Shame on you pork for removing my content. If I wanted to support anti-gamer homophobia I'd be posting on Resetera dot com

Got reported by someone.  Blame them.  :brain
ど助平

shosta

« Reply #7779 on: December 30, 2019, 11:58:35 PM »
I demand to know who this cowardly whistleblower is
每天生气

nudemacusers

« Reply #7780 on: December 30, 2019, 11:59:29 PM »

Got reported by someone.  Blame them.  :brain
If that’s all it takes, can I report an entire account?  :brain
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

« Reply #7781 on: December 31, 2019, 12:05:27 AM »
I’ve never seen such despicable moderation in my entire life. pork should be ashamed. You never would have caught us deleting posts at Neogaf dot com.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7782 on: December 31, 2019, 12:10:28 AM »

what was it? slide into my pms :heart

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7783 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:25 AM »
anyway, somewhere on page fetish

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7784 on: December 31, 2019, 12:15:54 AM »
Kathleen: "George I just fired Colin... I like Rian but I think he needs to do it his way with a new trilogy and we're running out of time. I don't know what to do George. We've been writing for 2 or 3 years and it doesn't make any sense.... help me"
George: "You got my notes Kathy or is this where you hit the panic button and call in the one favor I owe you?"
Kathleen: "Sorry George... but the Whills? I just can't get Disney to sign off on that... and yes PLEASE! JJ said he would do it as long as we have a good script and some of his friends get cast"
George: "Use the Force Kathy hehehehe, or do what I did and bring back Ian as the big baddy again. He's great and the internet loves him. Between you and me, people always thought Star Wars was about stories but it was really about families and relationships. The story can literally be anything you want it to be. Hell, I named a thing Yub Nub"
Kathleen: "That's Palpatine right?, but he's dead?"
George: "Ian is very much alive Kathy and jesus, you people really didn't read any of my notes did you? He has many abilities that some would consider to be 'unnatural', put that line in the movie and you can get away with anything. Palpatine lived on this crazy Sith Planet and he's threatening the Galaxy with new taxation laws. An army of Sith is waiting and ready to strike the Galaxy as well as enforce this new order... let's say THE FINAL ORDER"
Kathleen: "Thank you George!"
George: "You're welcome and now about this Maclunkey thing we discussed, everything has a price Kathy and I really want to win this bet I have with Harrison Ford"

This is quality fan fiction :lawd
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7785 on: December 31, 2019, 12:19:43 AM »
 :pimp

nudemacusers

« Reply #7786 on: December 31, 2019, 12:39:06 AM »

Kinda like this but not quite

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Tasty

« Reply #7787 on: December 31, 2019, 12:49:48 AM »
The dude in the actual pic had a way hotter ass, for the record.

nudemacusers

« Reply #7788 on: December 31, 2019, 12:53:46 AM »
Hope nobody reports me!   :o
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7789 on: December 31, 2019, 12:54:15 AM »

They did.  :lol
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #7790 on: December 31, 2019, 12:55:03 AM »
Face me coward!  :snob
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #7791 on: December 31, 2019, 12:55:23 AM »

Kinda like this but not quite

:dead

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7792 on: December 31, 2019, 12:57:53 AM »

I will be reporting this stuff if it happens again. I also have mod contacts so if it becomes a repeated trend further actions might be taken.
Margs

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #7793 on: December 31, 2019, 01:33:18 AM »

I will be reporting this stuff if it happens again. I also have mod contacts so if it becomes a repeated trend further actions might be taken.

Quick, everyone hastily assemble to thebore discord, where a summit can be commenced on removal of material. Then, a hastily bought xenforo license can bring about resetbore llc

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7795 on: December 31, 2019, 04:56:14 AM »
Real talk, I'm awake thinking about how bad this movie was when I should be sleeping.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-terrio-on-kennedy%E2%80%99s-involvement-in-ros.162123/post-27829276
ὕβρις

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #7796 on: December 31, 2019, 05:13:35 AM »
Just here for a PM of the post dork edited out, thanks
hey

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7797 on: December 31, 2019, 05:55:30 AM »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7798 on: December 31, 2019, 06:01:30 AM »
It's TROS to the first Rocky's Last Jedi.
I purposely avoid Disney and Star Wars threads to avoid this shit. Do we have to put it everywhere else too?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-rocky-ii-a-worthy-sequel-to-rocky.162131/post-27821661
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7799 on: December 31, 2019, 06:06:01 AM »
If the next trilogy isn‘t about an openly fascist group that gets into power through semi-legitimate means and is functionally no different from the Sith but gets really mad if you call them Sith because a large part of the galaxy is complacent and would rather slowly drift to the dark side than risk outright conflict, Disney doesn‘t deserve this franchise.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/alright-so-the-skywalker-sagas-conclusion-was-not-great-where-does-the-franchise-go-now-story-wise.162177/post-27828939
ὕβρις