Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 898272 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW
« Reply #7800 on: December 31, 2019, 06:11:50 AM »
The answer to Disney's woes is staring them right in the face.

They brought back Hamill, Fisher(RIP), Ford, Mcdiarmid, Daniels, Williams and the lot. It all didn't work.
And their future plan to bring back Mcgregor? Sorry Bob, Not going to work. 
Return to the man and the legend #ReleaseTheLucasCut  :lucas

Bring back George Lucas you cowards. It's your only way to salvage this thing. He doesn't want to write or direct the entire film? That's fine.
Just his presence on set alone and allowing him to make all the big decisions will make your next production a million times better.

That's the secret behind The Mandalorian. Just look at how everyone was depressed and worried until George showed up and started making the decisions.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7801 on: December 31, 2019, 06:35:17 AM »
What things are really popular in your country that you just don’t get?

I really don’t get the whole invest thing. Like everyone wants to fuck their relatives. Well I’m not like that. On the contrary, I want to have sex with people I’m actually not related to.

It's free real estate ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27830749

Peru - Shitty super extra shitty tv shows and movies. It's like they don't even try to make something other than a bunch of people going through life experiencies and finding love at the end of the series.

:noooo
Couldn't we have the Shining Path of Skywalker instead ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27821230

Belgium/Flanders

Pro-cycling: in season this shit is on tv all day. Hours upon hours on end of people on bikes. It's so exciting our most famous live commenter (who makes changing gears sound like a heroic feat) is known for doling out Wikipedia-esque info about towns and castles they pass. I hate it with all my guts.

:hhh
That's half the template.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27829288

Poutine.

Canadian or Comrade ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27818988
ὕβρις

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #7803 on: December 31, 2019, 07:11:45 AM »
What things are really popular in your country that you just don’t get?

I really don’t get the whole invest thing. Like everyone wants to fuck their relatives. Well I’m not like that. On the contrary, I want to have sex with people I’m actually not related to.

It's free real estate ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27830749

Peru - Shitty super extra shitty tv shows and movies. It's like they don't even try to make something other than a bunch of people going through life experiencies and finding love at the end of the series.

:noooo
Couldn't we have the Shining Path of Skywalker instead ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27821230

Belgium/Flanders

Pro-cycling: in season this shit is on tv all day. Hours upon hours on end of people on bikes. It's so exciting our most famous live commenter (who makes changing gears sound like a heroic feat) is known for doling out Wikipedia-esque info about towns and castles they pass. I hate it with all my guts.

:hhh
That's half the template.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27829288

Poutine.

Canadian or Comrade ?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-things-are-really-popular-in-your-country-that-you-just-don%E2%80%99t-get.162098/post-27818988

Someone should say “rap music” and watch them have a meltdown.
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7804 on: December 31, 2019, 08:59:07 AM »
Game of Thrones crashing into a wall at full speed in a completely avoidable fireball absolutely wrecked me for weeks.

I slowly stopped caring about Star Wars over the course of the past five years thanks to crap like JJ Abrams and Rogue One, but GoT really stuck to me and it hurt so much to watch it die that way.

:point

https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-biggest-media-disappointment-of-the-decade.162063/post-27811355
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7805 on: December 31, 2019, 09:01:41 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #7806 on: December 31, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »
Game of Thrones crashing into a wall at full speed in a completely avoidable fireball absolutely wrecked me for weeks.

I slowly stopped caring about Star Wars over the course of the past five years thanks to crap like JJ Abrams and Rogue One, but GoT really stuck to me and it hurt so much to watch it die that way.

:point

https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-biggest-media-disappointment-of-the-decade.162063/post-27811355

:larry

If you were really into GoT, and even I kinda was for s1-4, I can see it. Lamenting for weeks is a bit much but I imagine the poster in question wasn't like, secluding themselves in their room for weeks on end because of GoT. (I guess this is RE and I shouldn't take that for granted...)

I do think overall that popular entertainment has too much of a strangehold on the mentality of the age, but I also empathize with those seeing something they like, uh, turn to ash in their mouth.

*cough*

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7807 on: December 31, 2019, 09:32:27 AM »
The bore editing out posts about sucking ones own dick? Only the inmates have the bore now. :'(

dog

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7808 on: December 31, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »
For me, Final Fantasy XV was probably the biggest disappointment of my life and it’ll probably stay that way (like, I never want to have expectations for anything ever again).

:existential

https://www.resetera.com/threads/your-biggest-media-disappointment-of-the-decade.162063/post-27833612
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #7809 on: December 31, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/american-embassy-in-iraq-attacked.162206/

The geopolitical braintrust of poliera strikes again  :brain
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #7810 on: December 31, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »

Why the fuck is there an American embassy in Iraq?
:dead

Tasty

« Reply #7812 on: December 31, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »

Why the fuck is there an American embassy in Iraq?
:dead

Lol this can't be real. :dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7813 on: December 31, 2019, 10:45:20 AM »

Quote from: Saint-14, post: 27831319, member: 29852
Just want to clarify these protesters aren’t the same as the ones that have been going against the government for over 2 months now, they are a bunch of militia under the order of a bunch of criminals.
Quote from: TheHunter, post: 27831251, member: 1941
Really wish we would just stop bombing people but hey.
You realize the bombing was in response to the recent attack that killed 1 American and injured a few more in Iraq right?
Quote from: Sorel, post: 27831351, member: 16304
Get the fuck out and stop shifting the blame.
Quote from: Saint-14, post: 27831375, member: 29852
The fuck are you talking about? I’m an Iraqi and know exactly who those people are.
Quote from: spineduke, post: 27831413, member: 1483
Maybe understand the situation before attacking other posters. This is a response by militia supporters, not general civilians. Read the fuck up.
Quote from: Unknownhero, post: 27831479, member: 14258
So, are you gonna apologize or...?
Quote from: Sorel, post: 27831549, member: 16304
My apologies then, you're indeed better suited to know about this.

:brain
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #7814 on: December 31, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »

Quote from: Saint-14, post: 27831319, member: 29852
Just want to clarify these protesters aren’t the same as the ones that have been going against the government for over 2 months now, they are a bunch of militia under the order of a bunch of criminals.
Quote from: TheHunter, post: 27831251, member: 1941
Really wish we would just stop bombing people but hey.
You realize the bombing was in response to the recent attack that killed 1 American and injured a few more in Iraq right?
Quote from: Saint-14, post: 27831375, member: 29852
The fuck are you talking about? I’m an Iraqi and know exactly who those people are.
Quote from: spineduke, post: 27831413, member: 1483
Maybe understand the situation before attacking other posters. This is a response by militia supporters, not general civilians. Read the fuck up.
Quote from: Unknownhero, post: 27831479, member: 14258
So, are you gonna apologize or...?
Quote from: Sorel, post: 27831549, member: 16304
My apologies then, you're indeed better suited to know about this.

:brain

And this is the problem with Era and a lot of online discourse... everyone jumps to 10 from "Go."

Maybe just... chill.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7815 on: December 31, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »
or maybe fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf

« Reply #7816 on: December 31, 2019, 11:39:51 AM »
And this is the problem with Era and a lot of online discourse... everyone jumps to 10 from "Go."

Maybe just... chill.

FUCK. OFF.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7817 on: December 31, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »
FUCK ON!!!
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7818 on: December 31, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
When I was a kid, my neighbor's house was burned down from a falling firework that another neighbor had shot off.

r/thathappened

Tasty

« Reply #7819 on: December 31, 2019, 11:48:07 AM »
FUCK ON!!!

:phil

:tauntaun
[close]

« Reply #7820 on: December 31, 2019, 11:49:00 AM »
When I was a kid, my neighbor's house was burned down from a falling firework that another neighbor had shot off.

r/thathappened

I know you're reacting to the poster there but just in general that's completely plausible.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7821 on: December 31, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »
my old neighbor lit his front and back yard and the neighbors yard on fire from setting off fireworks on his lawn that was 90% dried pine needles, so it's not too difficult to believe :lol

nudemacusers

« Reply #7822 on: December 31, 2019, 12:17:45 PM »
FUCK ON!!!

:phil

:tauntaun
[close]
Curious why that gif is allowed but a man loving his own body is not 🤔
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Hermit

« Reply #7823 on: December 31, 2019, 12:32:55 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7824 on: December 31, 2019, 12:42:06 PM »
Can't believe the hate for chillsessuals that the Bore admins and mods are letting run wild.

My presence is essential to the watches thread and I demand a summit !
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 12:47:25 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7825 on: December 31, 2019, 12:51:43 PM »
I don't get why everyone shits on Indiana 4. In Indy 1, it's revealed that magic stemming from a Judeo-Christian god exists. In Indy 2, magic stemming from the Hindu god Kali exists. I find that way weirder than motherfuckin' aliens.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #7826 on: December 31, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »
I don't get why everyone shits on Indiana 4. In Indy 1, it's revealed that magic stemming from a Judeo-Christian god exists. In Indy 2, magic stemming from the Hindu god Kali exists. I find that way weirder than motherfuckin' aliens.

But not as implausible as surviving a nuclear bomb by hiding in a refrigerator.
Oi Oi

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7827 on: December 31, 2019, 01:10:50 PM »

But not as implausible as surviving a nuclear bomb by hiding in a refrigerator.

I always thought that was fun dumb, not "dumb" dumb.

Look at all you scientists :brain

Tasty

« Reply #7828 on: December 31, 2019, 01:15:06 PM »

Maybe just... chill.

FUCK. OFF.

You must be stewing there, completely powerless to ban me on this here The Bore. You fuck off, bitch. :playa

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7829 on: December 31, 2019, 01:15:35 PM »
i always figured the indy 4 hate was a mix of issues. ford being old as shit, it being a years late sequel, shia not being liked, and that dumb swinging on vines with a monkey sequence.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7830 on: December 31, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »
i always figured the indy 4 hate was a mix of issues. ford being old as shit, it being a years late sequel, shia not being liked, and that dumb swinging on vines with a monkey sequence.

Ok yeah I just remembered I fucking do hate Indy 4

Sorry guys

Tasty

« Reply #7831 on: December 31, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »

The worst for me was the latter-Spielberg "gloss/sheen" that looks so fucking fake and phoney.

The originals especially Doom were fucking gritty. And you can do gritty digitally, but he swung the entire opposite way.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7832 on: December 31, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »

The aliens are a bit weird and there's some problems with tone because of it but that's really not the major issue with it. It's ugly, often a CGI mess, the photography doesn't fit, it's pretty soulless, on rails and no one gives that much of a fuck really. The intro up to Ford's appearance and the bit with Shia in the dinner are the only parts that lives up to the standard of an Indy film.

Last Crusade... was already a big step down in my opinion. Slocombe was severely ill up that point and photography sometimes get iffy. It's mostly a rehash of Raiders with a bunch of tacky pandering to fans that actually robs a lot of mystery and agency for the main character. Crystal Skull is the same but a lot, lot worse.
ὕβρις

Hermit

« Reply #7833 on: December 31, 2019, 01:38:44 PM »
Man I can't wait for Indy 5: Hospice Care

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #7834 on: December 31, 2019, 01:42:06 PM »

r/thathappened
Didn’t Bob Mortimer burn part of his house down with fireworks when he was like 5?

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7835 on: December 31, 2019, 02:09:52 PM »

You must be stewing there, completely powerless to ban me on this here The Bore. You fuck off, bitch. :playa

You must not know about all the compromising photos Steve has of Bork.

Never underestimate the devious web of power and corruption that he has set up.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7837 on: December 31, 2019, 02:24:16 PM »

r/thathappened
Didn’t Bob Mortimer burn part of his house down with fireworks when he was like 5?

Plus I used to light things on fire when I was a kid. Fires are a very real thing that do happen

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #7838 on: December 31, 2019, 02:24:47 PM »

Maybe just... chill.

Some of us jump to F you hexaphobe.

if base 10 is considered maxed out at 10 and not 9, then base 16 would also max out at 10 and not F  :doge
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #7839 on: December 31, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »

r/thathappened

Plus I used to light things on fire when I was a kid. Fires are a very real thing that do happen

I can’t believe you would admit that, today of all days.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #7840 on: December 31, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »

Tasty

« Reply #7841 on: December 31, 2019, 03:09:40 PM »

You must not know about all the compromising photos Steve has of Bork.

Never underestimate the devious web of power and corruption that he has set up.

:existential

Tasty

« Reply #7842 on: December 31, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »
Damn that Twitter account surpassed the official RE followers count.

Wait really? :lol :lol :lol :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #7845 on: December 31, 2019, 03:41:45 PM »
Oh non, not Star Citizen ! :brazilcry
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7847 on: December 31, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »

r/thathappened

This was way back in the 90's before fire was a big deal

Boredfrom

« Reply #7848 on: December 31, 2019, 03:57:05 PM »
   We can all make constant jokes about Sheev clapping cheeks and Relyo fucking but Boyega makes a joke about Finn and Rey and suddenly he's freaking Trump.

locker rook talk......

Nah fuck that, some of y'all really trying to tear the man down.

Quote from: Lunar_Wolf
I mean Boyega plays Finn and Daisy plays Rey.

None of us are public figures and role models either. It's just a completely different context.

:kermit

Hermit

« Reply #7849 on: December 31, 2019, 04:00:13 PM »
Ree hates black people

:ufup

My headcanon is still that Rey, Finn, and Poe are in a poly relationship.
this dude jerks off to his personal SW fanfiction
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:04:26 PM by Hermit »

Boredfrom

« Reply #7850 on: December 31, 2019, 04:12:04 PM »

Hermit

« Reply #7851 on: December 31, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »
people like this actually exist????

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boyega-hamill-jj-and-isaac-on-star-wars-romance-and-a-gross-comment-by-boyega-open-spoilers.162286/page-5#post-27842968

𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚒𝚎. 𝚛𝚎𝚢𝚕𝚘. 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚙𝚘𝚎. 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎'𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍. 𝚞𝚗𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚔.
:kobeyuck

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #7852 on: December 31, 2019, 04:15:07 PM »

r/thathappened

This was way back in the 90's before fire was a big deal
https://twitter.com/seanpowerAU/status/1211829082905665536

this your handiwork, ya poof  :ryker

Boredfrom

« Reply #7854 on: December 31, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
Oh my god, BDS is going to seriously defend shipping. :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #7855 on: December 31, 2019, 04:21:57 PM »
boyega would get banned on era tbf

at this point, who fucking wouldn't unless they're hanging out in a discord-clique with the mods in the first place?

Boredfrom

« Reply #7856 on: December 31, 2019, 04:22:44 PM »
Quote from: JiggleBunny
You’re seriously going to call me racist over not liking a guy? Fuck outta here. You don’t know shit about me and I’m not about to take that label. 

Quote from: TheAdder
Outed yourself way too early in the conversation to try feigning indignation now.

:money

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #7857 on: December 31, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »

Hermit

« Reply #7858 on: December 31, 2019, 04:24:06 PM »
HRRAHAHAAHA I love it

The infighting and jumping to these crazy conclusions about others with different opinions is pure gold

Averon

« Reply #7859 on: December 31, 2019, 04:24:19 PM »
That Boyega thread is great. You got two sides throwing the racist and sexist cards against each other with abandon. Which side will the mods back?