Author Topic: This week in Bronyism - anime talk RUINED our point and laugh brony thread :(  (Read 30578 times)

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Re: This week in Bronyism
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
yeah, I'd put it under that.  Seen it many times.  The full 30 minute episodes are so weird and good, though the VA can be pretty off at times.
Heresy! Remind me to punch you in the dick if I'm ever within an arms reach of it. :maf

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2013, 09:14:04 PM »
yeah, I'd put it under that.  Seen it many times.  The full 30 minute episodes are so weird and good, though the VA can be pretty off at times.
Heresy! Remind me to punch you in the dick if I'm ever within an arms reach of it. :maf

I was mostly thinking of the chick who has Trevor put those things in her spine after she gets shot trying to escape.  She's pretty annoying. 

Trevor, Aeon, people with main roles are all usually great. 

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2013, 05:16:23 AM »
I'm usually looking for good cyberpunk, cheesy 80s/90s action, and darker/understated/experimental stuff.   I still couldn't tell someone flat out "I like anime" irl, since that's associated with uguu~  have to qualify the fuck out of it, like i just did. 

Cyber City Oedo [and make sure you watch the awesome English dub]. Also, Goku: Midnight Eye.

Watched cyber city.  I'll check out the other one!

I've never laughed so hard at anime before:

These older shows are chock full of that 80s retro synth vibe that people sweat so hard. 

That's why Nero used it for a vid I guess. Anyway if people have more recs of 80s/90s anime I'm all ears. I love that shit.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2013, 09:23:48 AM »
I'm usually looking for good cyberpunk, cheesy 80s/90s action, and darker/understated/experimental stuff.   I still couldn't tell someone flat out "I like anime" irl, since that's associated with uguu~  have to qualify the fuck out of it, like i just did. 

Cyber City Oedo [and make sure you watch the awesome English dub]. Also, Goku: Midnight Eye.

These older shows are chock full of that 80s retro synth vibe that people sweat so hard. 

That's why Nero used it for a vid I guess. Anyway if people have more recs of 80s/90s anime I'm all ears. I love that shit.

It didn't get a lot of love when it originally was released [despite airing on Cartoon Network], but Outlaw Star is a pretty solid scifi series.

Then there's quintessential shoujo/mecha anime Escaflowne, although I think most everybody's seen that at least once.

Can't have a recommendation post without Patlabor, especially the movies.

For superior mid-90's mecha, you can't go wrong with Martian Successor Nadesico.

For a series that perfectly captures the mood of Japan at its economic height, there's You're Under Arrest, the four-episode OVA and the movie are the best of the bunch.
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2013, 09:29:19 AM »

©@©™

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
I think this is everything I've watched over the past few years and enjoyed on some level, whether it's genuinely good or just fun.

action, dystopic, sci-fi, cyberpunk, love letters to Blade Runner etc. etc.

Angel Cop
Bubblegum Crisis (and all the spin-offs like A.D. Police and especially Parasite Dolls, which isn't 80s/90s but captures that feel perfectly.)
Cyber City Oedo
Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) movie
Megazone 23
Violence Jack
Wicked City
Grey: Digital Target
Ai City
Neo Tokyo
Ninja Resurrection
Ninja gaiden
Serial Experiments Lain

weird artsy stuff--
Cat Soup 
Angel Egg

not 80s/90s exception:
Ergo Proxy

Some of this falls under "so good it's bad"

So basically, i go to the other extreme from cutesy kiddy-fiddling to violent/grimdark/techno-babble anime. 

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »
Another thread ruined by anime.

but allow me to remind you there's a guy fucking a stuffed animal on the previous page. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:48:19 AM by Don Flamenco »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »
Well, this is something I can stop.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Nope.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Goddammit joe, have some decency
yar

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
i can carry the anime discussion to the anime thread, no prob. 

but i thought when we hated on anime, we were talking about the modern uguu shit.    :'(

AW MAN ANGEL COP LOOKS SO DOPE

IM WATCHING THAT RIGHT NOW

good choice, it's a fun show.  gotta get the dub (but I think everyone knows this and the dub is the most widespread version)

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Goddammit joe, have some decency

The fall of western civilization is happening in real-time, and we've got a front row seat. :paul
©@©™

Himu

I feel so weird as an anime fan. Like, I know I'm not the the textbook example of an anime fan as I like all forms of animation. I dunno. I've never liked nor watched the moe stuff and when there's something that caters to me (like a space opera, or a drama, or something) I watch it. What devolution described is just so foreign a concept to me as I never watched anime to 'escape sexuality or life' or whatever. I just watch it for cool stories.

But whatever brehs. I don't see really see any difference between Pixar and anime. Maybe it's because of the stuff I watch. I just don't know.
IYKYK

Himu

I have no opinion on MLP. I watched like one episode, clearly for children. Bronies are weird, although harmless.
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
you guys are acting like a bunch of gossipy girls,basicaly this pic

<----

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT MY CHINESE CARTOONS  :'(
Boo

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
leper joe, mod triumph

BobFromPikeCreek

CAN'T STOP THE CLOP
zzzzz

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
aw man this anime is the shit shooting bitches in the tittys and shit its like Golgo 13 but with cops YEAAAAAHHHH

Angel Cop rules, but you miss out on this by watching the dub:

The original Japanese language version of Angel Cop is controversial for its anti-Semitic plot points. In the original Japanese, it is revealed that the Jews are the main threat to Japan's standard of living, and are trying to sabotage the country's economy and turn it into a dumping ground for radioactive material.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT MY CHINESE CARTOONS  :'(

©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
aw man this anime is the shit shooting bitches in the tittys and shit its like Golgo 13 but with cops YEAAAAAHHHH

Angel Cop rules, but you miss out on this by watching the dub:

The original Japanese language version of Angel Cop is controversial for its anti-Semitic plot points. In the original Japanese, it is revealed that the Jews are the main threat to Japan's standard of living, and are trying to sabotage the country's economy and turn it into a dumping ground for radioactive material.

OMG, now I gotta find the sub version :lol

dude wow

Vit-Symty

Patlabor 1 & 2 is just pure quality.

Other than those two... Cat Soup (released in 2001 yeah yeah). Honestly, fuck anything released beyond the 90s. Just trash.

Eli Gulgin

Sooo, how about them bronies, eh?

Vit-Symty

I would love to be given an opportunity to beat each and every brony to death with their own prized My Little Pony merchandise.

That or dump them all in Detroit and then barricade that shit up into a dome like that one in the Truman Show.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Didn't the anime bubble last up until 2005~ish? There are several shows and films released after 2000 that are worthwhile. quit the hate pls.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
i'm watching this currently, any talk of a bubble is wrong!

Himu

Yup. 2012 and 2013 revived anime. Guys you gotta catch up. Best year in anime since 2004.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Didn't the anime bubble last up until 2005~ish? There are several shows and films released after 2000 that are worthwhile. quit the hate pls.

The first half of the 00's were still great for anime, yeah, but we're all living in a post K-On world right now.
dog

Himu

Shouldn't that be post-Haruhi?
IYKYK

Himu

Also, anime FILM hasn't decreased in quality. It's anime TV. Quite a distinction.
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
Planetes :bow2

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
*hahaha look at all those LOSERS*
*talks about anime for two hours*
pcp

Himu

I don't talk to anyone about anime except online and I don't make fun of Bronies.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I talk about anime online AND make fun of Bronies. Why? BECAUSE I JUST DON'T CARE.
dog

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
im just teasing you CRYBABIES
pcp

Phoenix Dark

Couldn't get into Berzerk but I've been enjoying Idolmaster.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
this thread was shockingly better when it was about bronies
püp

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
subarashi kawaii po-chan w-waifus

BobFromPikeCreek

this thread was shockingly better when it was about bronies

Yeah. I ended up being way wrong.
zzzzz

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Let's start posting the sickest, most twisted brony shit we can find in the anime thread as retaliation.  c'mon bros.
yar

Vit-Symty

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Himu

IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Well that escalated quickly
yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

BobFromPikeCreek

somewhere in japan there's a thread about weird losers who love creepy moe anime being derailed by japanese bronies (po-niisans?)

Jabronies.
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

[close]
Let the record show that this would not have happened if Triumph didn't request it :fbm

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
i don't know all this shit about eras and fan drama i just show animated sh--

[close]

:shaq2

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Ok, now I'm locking this.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
you guys are acting like a bunch of gossipy girls,basicaly this pic

(Image removed from quote.)

This fits the thread better, magus.

ど助平