Author Topic: This week in Bronyism - anime talk RUINED our point and laugh brony thread :(  (Read 30683 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: This week in Bronyism
« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2013, 12:48:04 AM »
 :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul :paul
yar

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:06 AM »
 :holeup This thread is a perpetual cringe machine.
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2013, 01:52:08 AM »
:rofl

that's it, I'm never clicking this thread again

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2013, 07:10:48 AM »
Why.

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2013, 07:34:11 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/equestria-girls-a-my-little-pony-offshoot-in-its-movie-debut.html?_r=1&

Hasbro, the toy company that brought its Transformers and G.I. Joe properties to movie theaters, has set its sights on its next summer blockbuster: My Little Pony.

The ponies, a Hasbro staple for 30 years, have experienced a resurgence of popularity lately, thanks in part to the TV series “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.” Hoping to build on that interest, Hasbro recently revealed plans for brand extension called Equestria Girls.

The new property will get the red-carpet treatment when it premieres as a full-length animated feature at the Los Angeles Film Festival in June. The movie, created by Hasbro Studios, the company’s production division, will then be released in more than 200 theaters nationwide; its trailer will start appearing in theaters on Wednesday.

so now the mlp will be actual girls

will this cause a brony schism?

Tonya

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2013, 07:57:09 AM »

Everypony hooves their own opinion about it.
©@©™

Eli Gulgin

« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2013, 08:02:31 AM »
I... I... I don't even... What? Why would they do that?! I have no words. Maybe they thought that it was their moral duty to shift the bronies' attentions back to human females so they can't be blamed when bronies start getting caught having sex with horses. That movie has to be because of the bronies somehow.

Anyway I'm posting this pic I already posted in the GAF bitching thread, will someone please tell me what the fuck that is? Is it a trans person? If it is, try harder. If it's a girl..... No words. Again.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »
I don't really care about gender as much as the blatant disregard for every societal norm I can think of. I feel I should be impressed they haven't had their teeth removed just for the fuck of it.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2013, 08:23:33 AM »
Ah shit... There's no possible good outcome here. Every reaction I image is potentially another case for this thread.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
Hasbro knows how to make money and are smart business people

BUT

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »
I could have prevented this.  I could have locked this thread and stopped this terribleness from continuing.

yar

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »
the pony anal blood is on your hands

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/equestria-girls-a-my-little-pony-offshoot-in-its-movie-debut.html?_r=1&

(Image removed from quote.)

Hasbro, the toy company that brought its Transformers and G.I. Joe properties to movie theaters, has set its sights on its next summer blockbuster: My Little Pony.

The ponies, a Hasbro staple for 30 years, have experienced a resurgence of popularity lately, thanks in part to the TV series “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.” Hoping to build on that interest, Hasbro recently revealed plans for brand extension called Equestria Girls.

The new property will get the red-carpet treatment when it premieres as a full-length animated feature at the Los Angeles Film Festival in June. The movie, created by Hasbro Studios, the company’s production division, will then be released in more than 200 theaters nationwide; its trailer will start appearing in theaters on Wednesday.

"Some of our fans like fucking horses, some are pedos.  This movie allows everyone to be themselves"
vin

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2013, 06:30:43 PM »
I... I... I don't even... What? Why would they do that?! I have no words. Maybe they thought that it was their moral duty to shift the bronies' attentions back to human females so they can't be blamed when bronies start getting caught having sex with horses. That movie has to be because of the bronies somehow.

Anyway I'm posting this pic I already posted in the GAF bitching thread, will someone please tell me what the fuck that is? Is it a trans person? If it is, try harder. If it's a girl..... No words. Again.

So, apparently John De Lancie is the voice of a character on that MLP show, he didn't even know what the show was until he was being approached by Bronies, which in turn interested him, and he participated in making a documentary about them -- effectively equating Bronies with Trekkies, as a form of life. Did I get that right?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:08 PM »
dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
naturally, the gaf thread on this is pretty great. 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57604466&postcount=206

???

Eli Gulgin

« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »
Well come on, the face is all wrong in the promotional pic, everypony can see that. Duh!

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
oh, i thought it was because the Box Tops For Education points were covering it's ass

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2013, 10:51:24 PM »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Unzip

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: May 13, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »
dog

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »

Et tu Faust? The end is neigh.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:22:49 PM by Brobzoid »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #204 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »
:rofl

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2013, 01:42:18 AM »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2013, 01:49:46 AM »
No no no no, that youtube video can't be real.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2013, 02:30:21 AM »

duc

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2013, 03:12:01 AM »
That cat is freakin the fuck out.  :lol :(
Hi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »
omg that cat :lol
©@©™

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57626874&postcount=262

:smug

Quote from: SmokyDave
Pause the trailer at 35 seconds and it looks like the chick on the left is holding a cock (clipboard) and tickling the balls (pumpkins). Subliminally, of course.

:lol
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:07:21 AM by Don Flamenco »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2013, 11:09:43 AM »
mods help
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »
:what
dog

« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
So are they canceling the other show in place of this one? Will it be dead by the time my daughter would be interested?
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
So are they canceling the other show in place of this one? Will it be dead by the time my daughter would be interested?

It's so popular I doubt it'll be cancelled anytime soon. Don't fail us, Gundam.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
Bronies still not getting that THIS SHOW IS NOT MARKETED FOR THEM.
zzzzz

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »

« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »

It's so popular I doubt it'll be cancelled anytime soon. Don't fail us, Gundam.

I really don't care if she watches it, I just don't want her to ever have to discover the other part of the fanbase.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Oh I'm fine with the MLP original, it's a fun cartoon that my little cousins love and I enjoy (it's better than most of the cartoons they like...). But this new show seems like fan service to arguably the weirdest fans in existence today.

« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »
Oh I'm fine with the MLP original, it's a fun cartoon that my little cousins love and I enjoy (it's better than most of the cartoons they like...). But this new show seems like fan service to arguably the weirdest fans in existence today.

I've never seen the new MLP, just pictures online. Totally cool with my daughter watching it if she shows an interest and it's still around.

Not like I'm gonna make her watch Gundam cartoons or anything... nope...
野球

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »

Nah, the bronies hate it. They like the horses because they're horses, and they're mad that Hasbro hasn't been marketing the show toward its true audience, not realizing that no amount of money is worth Hasbro ruining its credibility as a children's toy manufacturer by catering to a horde of austistic, adult sexual deviants.
zzzzz

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
Haha for real? I saw a couple bronies on my Facebook (don't ask) who were excited for it, I assumed this is what they've been waiting for.

I don't know whether to be proud of bronies for rejecting this shit, or laugh at them for thinking they are the target demographic.

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »
I always assumed a large appeal for many bronies was the absolute lack of sexuality and other real world affairs. it's basically the softest, lovey dovey escapism pillow for these socially scared and broken lads to sink their heads into and block out all that stress of finding a girlfriend, getting an education, holding a job, having a social life, and so on and so forth.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
I always assumed a large appeal for many bronies was the absolute lack of sexuality and other real world affairs. it's basically the softest, lovey dovey escapism pillow for these socially scared and broken lads to sink their heads into and block out all that stress of finding a girlfriend, getting an education, holding a job, having a social life, and so on and so forth.

To be honest I think this way about certain animes. I'm sorry guys.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »

« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »

I was thinking the same thing as I read the post. And I like some anime. :lol
野球

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »
I was thinking the same thing as I read the post. And I like some anime. :lol

I do as well but I see anime fans and take a peak at some of the shit they watch and I just can't. The little girl cutesy shit really just puts me off. Then I wonder what the appeal is for grown ass people.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »

You're definitely not wrong there, a large portion of anime currently being produced is aimed squarely at basement dwelling trogs with no social life, no girlfriend, and no job.

If I'm being honest, I watch and enjoy some of these shows, as well, but I view them only as disposable, low-investment snack food that I can enjoy and then toss away when I'm finished.
dog

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2013, 05:30:47 PM »

I feel that way about all anime.
🍆🍆

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »
yeah, I was gonna reference K-On specifically, but I didn't feel like throwing myself under the bus like that.

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2013, 05:40:08 PM »

There are some I've genuinely enjoyed like Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star. Been watching Berserk lately too. I really like a certain era of anime when they got creepy just right.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2013, 05:43:12 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »
yeah, I was gonna reference K-On specifically, but I didn't feel like throwing myself under the bus like that.

We're all living in a post K-On world.
dog

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

There are some I've genuinely enjoyed like Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D, Fist of the North Star. Been watching Berserk lately too. I really like a certain era of anime when they got creepy just right.

they do that pretty well today too :teehee

I like a fair amount of anime, but i like animated stuff in general.  As another token "cowboy bebop, Vampire Hunter D, etc." guy, I really have to dig for stuff that I like in that vein...but I'm a sucker for searching for hidden gems and there is a metric fuckton of anime produced in the past 30 years to dig through.  I'm usually looking for good cyberpunk, cheesy 80s/90s action, and darker/understated/experimental stuff.   I still couldn't tell someone flat out "I like anime" irl, since that's associated with uguu~  have to qualify the fuck out of it, like i just did. 

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »
I'm usually looking for good cyberpunk, cheesy 80s/90s action, and darker/understated/experimental stuff.   I still couldn't tell someone flat out "I like anime" irl, since that's associated with uguu~  have to qualify the fuck out of it, like i just did. 

Cyber City Oedo [and make sure you watch the awesome English dub]. Also, Goku: Midnight Eye.
dog

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »
Æon Flux counts as cyber-punk, right? go watch Æon Flux.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »
I'm usually looking for good cyberpunk, cheesy 80s/90s action, and darker/understated/experimental stuff.   I still couldn't tell someone flat out "I like anime" irl, since that's associated with uguu~  have to qualify the fuck out of it, like i just did. 

Cyber City Oedo [and make sure you watch the awesome English dub]. Also, Goku: Midnight Eye.

Watched cyber city.  I'll check out the other one!

I've never laughed so hard at anime before:

These older shows are chock full of that 80s retro synth vibe that people sweat so hard. 

Æon Flux counts as cyber-punk, right? go watch Æon Flux.

yeah, I'd put it under that.  Seen it many times.  The full 30 minute episodes are so weird and good, though the VA can be pretty off at times.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
For the first time in history, anime has made a thread better.
zzzzz

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:58 PM »

To be honest I think this way about all animes. I'm not sorry guys.

fixt trolololololol
yar

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
The plot thickens
spoiler (click to show/hide)
my penis.
[close]