Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188604 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sales Talk Thread of Sales Talk and Only Sales Talk
« Reply #1260 on: September 06, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »
Madden is next reporting period I believe.  It's already done like a million units.

August is apparently a slow month, outside of the annual Madden blitz.
dog

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1261 on: September 06, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
Your thoughts on Mario sales Oscar?

http://nintendoeverything.com/98208/august-2012-npd-nintendos-response-nsmb2-and-kh3d-sales/

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Emerges as the Best-Selling Video Game of August

Even with only five days of reported data, Nintendo 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bros. 2 still had major impacts on the August video game market. The new hardware, which features 90 percent larger screens than the original Nintendo 3DS, and the new side-scrolling Mario adventure both launched on Aug. 19 and helped Nintendo achieve the following:

•Nintendo 3DS software sales increased by more than 68 percent over sales in July.
 •Nintendo 3DS hardware sales increased by more than 36 percent over sales in July.
 •The No. 1 and No. 2 top-selling software SKUs for the month are both exclusive to Nintendo 3DS. New Super Mario Bros. 2 sold more than 240,000 units to finish No. 1, and KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] from Square Enix sold more than 180,000 copies to finish No. 2.

“Software sells hardware, and no one sells either quite like Mario,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “In addition to helping New Super Mario Bros. 2 get off to a great start, Nintendo 3DS XL is driving increased interest in titles such as Kid Icarus: Uprising, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7. These games have been on the market for more than six months but provide a completely new experience on the larger screens. Combine these titles with the upcoming Paper Mario: Sticker Star and a robust list of third-party games, and Nintendo 3DS is poised to be high on holiday wish lists this year.”

For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

edit:
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - 180k~ (2012/3DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 225k (2010/PSP)

Same amount of days for tracking. Yeash. Square Enix really needs to bring a new console iteration.

Ouch  :'(

Also apparently 3ds sold ~177k for the month and yes that includes the XL
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:24:03 PM by Purple Filth »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1262 on: September 06, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »
At least the Vita's still out there, making the 3DS look good by comparison.
©@©™

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #1263 on: September 06, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »
At least the Vita's still out there, making the 3DS look good by comparison.

i guess but the iOS guys dont give a shit.

vita might be around 50-60k (or less) which is :violin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:39:44 PM by Purple Filth »

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #1264 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
Who keeps buying Kingdom Hearts games

Takao

« Reply #1266 on: September 06, 2012, 09:31:01 PM »
Vita has had its' worse NPD yet. Not entirely shocking given there hasn't been a single retail release since June.

Purple Filth

« Reply #1267 on: September 06, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
Vita has had its' worse NPD yet. Not entirely shocking given there hasn't been a single retail release since June.

less than 40K apparently

plus KH did > 200k if you include the special edition version of the game.

Takao

« Reply #1268 on: September 06, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »
BBS still did better on PSP in 2010. Square Enix really does need a console iteration to revitalize that series.

Tasty

« Reply #1269 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
BBS still did better on PSP in 2010. Square Enix really does need a console iteration to revitalize that series.

What was the PSP's install base then?

Takao

« Reply #1270 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »

What was the PSP's install base then?

Large enough so that MGS: PW struggled to do 50k in its' first month in the US in that same year.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #1271 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:15 PM »
Apparently Darksiders II did only 247K, sooo.... not pretty all around.

Ouch.

shit, I was assuming it was gonna do 500k at least.

RIP videogames

Purple Filth

« Reply #1272 on: September 07, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »
Apparently Darksiders II did only 247K, sooo.... not pretty all around.

Ouch.

shit, I was assuming it was gonna do 500k at least.

RIP videogames

Well you can hope the PC version sold decent enough (digital distribution and all

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1273 on: September 07, 2012, 01:27:27 AM »
psp < vita < 40k < wii < ds < 100k < ps3 < 150k < 3ds < 360

Vitalol

3DSXLlol
cat

Damian79

« Reply #1274 on: September 07, 2012, 02:38:38 AM »
psp < vita < 40k < wii < ds < 100k < ps3 < 150k < 3ds < 360

Vitalol

3DSXLlol

Yeah the 3ds XL is selling abysmally.

Tasty

« Reply #1275 on: September 07, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »
The quality is kind of shoddy, mine creaks when playing sometimes. It's not coming apart at the seams like Demi's but it doesn't feel too solid.

Still I like how big the screen is. Just need better viewing angles for 3D. Pleasantly surprised with the battery life. Can leave it in sleep mode all day long and get 3-4 hours of straight play in before it goes red. Considering it's measuring my steps, checking StreetPass/SpotPass, etc., that's more than I thought.

A true redesign with nice aesthetics and a refreshed OS would go a long way IMO.

archnemesis

« Reply #1276 on: September 07, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »
I'm actually really pleased with the build quality of my 3DS XL. Nothing squeaky or creaky it and it's not falling apart like demi's. Unless Nintendo release a version with non-crappy 3D I'll stick with it until the end of times.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1277 on: September 07, 2012, 03:40:13 AM »
Holy sheeeet, Darksiders 2 was number 1 with 247k?  Thats horrible.

Feel bad for Sleepin Dogs too.

Then again, this is August, and this gen is in its 6th year.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #1278 on: September 07, 2012, 04:20:12 AM »
Can you try to explain why this happens? I mean the install base of the PS360 is humongous. What games are those people buying?

PS2 base is also humongous.People moved on(died) or realized that DD is a pretty good thing(and that will never show up in NPD charts).
Besides why buy something new when you know that in few weeks it will be half the price somewhere.It's not like there is a shortage of games these days.
cat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #1279 on: September 07, 2012, 05:04:39 AM »
We have trouble seeing it because we're balls deep in this addiction, but most of the people who own consoles really do only dust them off a couple times a year.

I can confirm that I do this.

Mainly because of based PC gaming :bow2
SRY

Purple Filth

« Reply #1280 on: September 07, 2012, 05:28:13 AM »
August is typically a slow month, Borys, so that's part of it. Part of it is also that people just aren't interested in those games for full retail price when there's a very rich library of older titles probably being sold at half or less the price.  Another part is that the generation is long in the tooth so a lot of those 40-50 million PS3/360 owners aren't really active gamers anymore.  If they got the console for Xmas when they were in Junior High School, they're in University now, haha.  If they got in University, they're probably married with kids now.

I also strongly think iOS (and to a lesser extent Android) are bleeding off a lot of gamers.  The games are so cheap and generally will fulfill the sparse gaming needs of the average owner, at least enough to hold them between tentpole releases.

Also, at the end of the day, don't forget that attach rates are like 10 games for each console right now.  That works out to less than 2 games per year for each owner.  We have trouble seeing it because we're balls deep in this addiction, but most of the people who own consoles really do only dust them off a couple times a year.

This is me tbh as i more likely wont buy those 2 games until the possible steam sale.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #1281 on: September 07, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
A 36% bump should be achievable just with a hot new game, not a hot new game AND a new hardware iteration.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1282 on: September 07, 2012, 09:16:08 AM »
Wow, there's actually decent games in this month's NPD.
^_^

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #1283 on: September 07, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
This gen is dead dead dead

From GAF

August home console HW total:
2002 = 710K
2003 = 540K
2004 = 538K
2005 = 440K
2006 = 516K
2007 = 1014K
2008 = 977K
2009 = 808K
2010 = 827K (+PS2)
2011 = 716K (+PS2)
2012 = 403K

Tasty

« Reply #1284 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »
Shame only Nintendo realizes it.

Tasty

« Reply #1285 on: September 07, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
The Last Story sold more than the Vita? :lol

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1286 on: September 07, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »

The Last Story sold more than 40k? That's actually somewhat impressive.
dog

Purple Filth

« Reply #1287 on: September 07, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »

The Last Story sold more than 40k? That's actually somewhat impressive.

less than 40k but more than Vita

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #1288 on: September 07, 2012, 02:31:57 PM »

I actually have a bad feeling about this november.  I'm sure there's still a demand for new hardware, but I'm not so sure people are going to put up with current software pricing and dlc schemes for much longer.
sad

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1289 on: September 07, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »

Then why is Nintendo releasing a current gen console?  ???
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #1290 on: September 07, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »

Then why is Nintendo releasing a current gen console?  ???

They aren't. :spin

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #1291 on: September 07, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
Wii U is X360+ in terms of graphics.

It's pretty much a disaster waiting to happen, IMO.

The wii was an xbox+ in terms of graphics....
sad

Tasty

« Reply #1292 on: September 07, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »
Seems like KH3D numbers didn't included the special "Mark of Mastery" edition, which sold more than the 3DS XL (~80k), so it seems like 3D has sold almost (or just as much) as BBS's first month (220k-225k), which isn't bad considering according to Oscar it would be the first time the game-to-game sales in the series leveled out instead of dropping between installments. And also that the 3DS has a lower install base than the PSP did at BBS's release, and considering it's also a younger system 3D will likely have better legs to boot.

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1293 on: September 07, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »
This gen is dead dead dead

From GAF

August home console HW total:
2002 = 710K
2003 = 540K
2004 = 538K
2005 = 440K
2006 = 516K
2007 = 1014K
2008 = 977K
2009 = 808K
2010 = 827K (+PS2)
2011 = 716K (+PS2)
2012 = 403K

Not hat far off from 2005, the end of last gen. I'm surprised

New Xbox plz

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1294 on: September 07, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
Wii U is X360+ in terms of graphics.

It's pretty much a disaster waiting to happen, IMO.

The wii was an xbox+ in terms of graphics....

We waited, and it happened

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #1295 on: September 07, 2012, 03:37:18 PM »
If it wasn't for the wii's performance this gen would not compare favorably to previous gens in terms of software andor hardware sales.  It did peter out in 2011, but prior to that it had a spectacular run for the first 3 years and did good if not great up until 2011.
sad

Tasty

« Reply #1296 on: September 07, 2012, 04:31:14 PM »
No one gives a fuck about hardware sales. It's about games.

And games the Wii did not get.

Wii got some of the best Nintendo games of the past couple gens, so eh. I wanted more, but it was not to be.

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #1297 on: September 07, 2012, 04:56:19 PM »
No one gives a fuck about hardware sales. It's about games.

And games the Wii did not get.

in your original post you stated wiiu was suchandsuch in terms of graphics and is therefore a disaster waiting to happen. Now you're saying that what is important is the games.  You're jumping around.  The wii in particular didn't have spectacular graphics yet had games that a lot of people wanted to play, and was therefore very successful before it petered out many years later.

What is your point.
sad

Tasty

« Reply #1298 on: September 07, 2012, 11:24:29 PM »
I think it would have gotten even less third party support that way, counter intuitively. If it was just Nintendo with their feet in next gen for the next 1-3 years, no way would they get support in that time, which is crucial for building the audience which will buy games for the rest of the console's life. Look at the Wii, early on, multiple million selling games across many different series and genres. But as they were just experimental games and never captalized on, it sort of metastasized to the point where the Wii wouldn't support third party games like those anymore.

If the Wii U got absolutely no third party games until the next PS and Xbox, it's software sales would be dead in the water, for its entire life. Nobody would want to triple their dev budgets just to make a Wii U game when the others aren't even out yet. At least this way, out of the gate Nintendo is going after the gamers who like Arkham City et al. So there's going to be a hunger for those kinds of games, which is good. Naturally, the downside is if third parties move past the Wii U in a year or two to support the next PS and Xbox.

But if these were the only two factors (they aren't, of course), I'd say Nintendo made the correct decision. It's not the one I, or indeed most sane gamers, wanted necessarily, but in terms of building an install base hungry for the types of games the Wii missed out on, Nintendo's on the right track.

Takao

« Reply #1299 on: September 07, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
but guys if nintendo pushed too high the budgets would've been insane and the entire video game industry would be dead nintendo is saving the industry by giving studios an affordable option

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1300 on: September 07, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »
When people find out they can finally use the utility belt in arkham city and can play darksiders with extra reflections they will be lining up for wii u. And Mario has donut plains again? This holiday is won

Himu

« Reply #1301 on: September 07, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »
If Nintendo had put out an actual next gen machine, I they'd make big bucks this holiday season. Very, very foolish to not take advantage of a year head start. Very, VERY dumb. Especially with Wii hw sale numbers.They could help turn around their image with gamers.
IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #1302 on: September 07, 2012, 11:37:35 PM »
There is one thing you're forgetting

It has Netflix

spoiler (click to show/hide)
In HD
[close]

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1303 on: September 07, 2012, 11:40:35 PM »
Ehn, I don't think so.  It might not have gotten as many ports as it's going to, but those ports aren't going to mean much.  I think the difference between Nintendo hardware with only Nintendo games and oddball experimental third party games and Nintendo hardware with only Nintendo games, oddball experimental third party games, and year-old ports with clunky crap added in would not be substantial, while having the extra hardware boost would ensure that in a year, it would actually be getting some multiplat stuff on time instead of landing right back in the same position the Wii found itself in.  Development for this generation's consoles is winding up now, so while there might be a short window the WiiU gets some timely multiplat action, it's going to be very, very short.

I just can't see anyone aside from the Nintendo faithful getting excited/interested by the WiiU.  People are clearly really, really tired of this generation, so tossing another (for all intents and purposes) current generation console out there with ports of games people can already buy now on cheaper consoles isn't going to cut it.  The Wii sold because they were able to frame the console as something new and exciting because of the motion controls.  The tablet controller just doesn't have the same gusto.  I'm not sure what the game plan is here, to be honest, and the last time I felt like that, we were talking about the Vita.

Nintendo's game plan is that they are hoping for another Wii Play or Wii Fit: something low tech that provides insane sales with long legs to carry them between yet another Zelda and yet another Mario.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #1304 on: September 07, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »
That's a really bad game plan. How are wii fit and its ilk still selling?
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1305 on: September 07, 2012, 11:48:18 PM »
According to the internet, Nintendo is still the most innovative game developers around.  I'm sure they will find something to generate those early-mid Wii and DS era profit margins again with the Wii U and 3DS respectively.
🍆🍆

Tasty

« Reply #1306 on: September 08, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
but guys if nintendo pushed too high the budgets would've been insane and the entire video game industry would be dead nintendo is saving the industry by giving studios an affordable option

Honestly, this is a valid point, but it's the escalator to nowhere the industry's been on for a very long time.  The industry created a model where the audience expects the envelope to be pushed every five years or so, but gave no thought to where that would eventually lead with regards to budget vs demand.  And now here we are.

It's like how people are like "wait, SEGA's saying they might not be able to do another Project Diva game on Vita because the sales weren't enough?  But it sold as well as the PSP ones!"  Well yes, but with the Vita, we've officially hit the point that consoles hit in the last transition - the budgets are getting stupid high and the audience isn't growing one iota.

Yeah, people lambasting Nintendo for that point of all things always leave me puzzled. I mean, the evidence is plain as day. If you're going to make fun of Nintendo, make fun of them for being greedy with conservative specs and always needing to make a profit from day one, not their well-founded desire to scale back dev costs and stem the bleeding of dying dev houses.

But nope, nothing's wrong, nobody's gone out of business this gen due to dev costs, it's all some other reason.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1307 on: September 08, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
They're all fucked anyway, iOS is a huge cause of the hemorrhaging and I don't think fresh consoles will be the saviors that people are pinning the industry's hopes on.

Next generation will be a barren wasteland of ultra high budget dudebro fare and 8 bit indie games.  People banking their hopes on Steam will realize that console ports were pretty important and there will be less non-indie Steam content also.  Which is good because now that I have actual income, I've been meaning to revisit the PS1 and PS2 classics.  Then maybe it will be time to hang up the controller and move onto other fruitful non-manchild activities.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #1308 on: September 08, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »
Considering how awesome the indie games are, awesome!
IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #1309 on: September 09, 2012, 11:02:35 PM »
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/09/08/the-ten-year-decline-of-sony/

Big article on the decline of Sony.

Some quotes.

Sony’s Market Cap Value on September 2000:  $100 billion   (Source: Bloomberg) Sony’s Market Cap Value on December 2007:  $54 billion  (Source: ycharts.com) Sony’s Market Cap Value on December 12, 2011:  $18 billion  (Source: Bloomberg) Now lets skip to the most recent day that the stock market opened on. Sony’s Market Cap Value on September 7th, 2012:  $11.69 billion  (Marketwatch/Wall Street Journal)Nintendo’s Market Cap Value on September 7th, 2012:  $15.9 billion  (Marketwatch/Wall Street Journal) (Please Note: Market Cap Values typically change every day/week so any numbers posted for September 6th, 2012 will slightly change the next day or week.) click this link for enlarged pic.

According to the Businessweek article (Via gizmodo.com):“Stringer also encountered a hardware-worshipping culture that mistrusted him because he wasn’t an engineer.  He was a ‘content guy’ who supposedly cared less about making devices than pushing movies and music. ‘Whenever I mentioned content,’ [Stringer] says, ‘people would roll their eyes because, ‘This is an electronics company, and content is secondary.”

Final Thoughts from teh article:
Is Hiroko Tabuci correct in her Wall Street Journal article about Sony’s engineers having too much power and control over Sony’s product lines? She is correct, but Sony’s executives should always take more accountability/responsibility for the company’s actions more than anyone else.  When Howard Stringer was in office, all he did was blame earthquakes and the fall of the yen/dollar/euro, instead of admitting that Sony released products that weren’t major hits.  The fact remains that Sony’s executives make a lot of excuses, they poorly communicate with their engineers, and this causes disorganization and confusion within the company.    A great example would be when Sony’s PlayStation network was hacked by Lulzsec.   Sony was more concerned about hiring lawyers and getting their insurance company to pay for the damage, than getting their engineers to fix the problem in a swift and efficient manner. Because there is a lack of communication between the branches of Sony,  Sony’s product line has no real identity right now.  Every division and branch is made up of people who are doing their own thing, and not caring about what the rest of Sony is doing.  That’s why the only thing that comes to a consumer’s mind about Sony products right now is, “Oh yeah.  That’s the company that makes stuff I can’t afford unless I get multiple jobs.  They put out $600 game consoles at launch, and $40,000 4K resolution televisions“.  Sony is stuck.  Everyone expects amazing quality and technological leaps from Sony products, but most people don’t have the money to buy them due to economical reasons.  If Sony changed their strategy and started manufacturing cheap products, it would go against everything that the Sony brand stands for. Sony is an example of a company that has become so large that they’ve lost focus of their main priorities.  This is also a company that thinks they can afford tons of failures as long as they have a few successes along the way.  But at what cost?   At what cost can you keep launching products that don’t make a profit until the third or fourth year that it is released?    At what cost can you keep launching failed proprietary formats like the UMD, or failed peripherals like PlayStation Move? Sony releases brilliant products time from time.  I am especially a big fan of their PlayStation brand.  But Sony is not the Sony of the 90′s.   Sony is not today’s Apple.  Sony is not today’s Samsung.  Sony is not today’s Microsoft. It won’t be easy for Sony to return to their glory days after ten years of negative trends.

Tasty

« Reply #1310 on: September 09, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
:japancry

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1311 on: September 09, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »
It's incredible to see how far their market cap has fallen since 2000.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #1312 on: September 09, 2012, 11:49:44 PM »
wii u should've been released last holiday season
sup

Damian79

« Reply #1313 on: September 09, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »

I think they were having too many problems with the controller last year.  :/

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1314 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:07 AM »
The Vita really seems to be emblematic of Sony's problems. Expensive price point + lots of bells and whistles + short on compelling software + "Oh well" attitude about it from Sony corporate.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #1315 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:12 AM »
I'd love to have a historical reference for Nintendo's market cap these past ten years. Probably been a REALLY wild ride.

Hm, nah. It would have been more expensive, less reliable, and would have launched with a weaker set of titles. At least this way it has Mario and Rayman exclusives and a smattering of PS360 ports.

(My frame of reference is the 3DS, which I believe Nintendo should have waited 9-10 months to release and made SM3DL a launch title, along with obviously having it at the reduced price and not $250. They may have even built a second circle pad in if they had waited.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:38:44 AM by Andrex »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #1316 on: September 10, 2012, 01:11:20 AM »
The Vita really seems to be emblematic of Sony's problems. Expensive price point + lots of bells and whistles + short on compelling software + "Oh well" attitude about it from Sony corporate.

Ever since the PS3 sony has been a clusterfuck. And that's just speaking from the gaming side. I still think people forget how dominant a position they had at the end of last generation and how everybody thought the dominance would continue. Then they screwed the pooch by making a system so expensive it never gained the momentum it needed and stopped all their momentum period. The vita at least in this country was such a laughably bad idea I'm still a bit surprised they launched it over here at all. I know no normal person who owns a vita. I doubt 99.9999 percent of people I know even know it exists.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:12:54 AM by Stoney Mason »

Himu

« Reply #1317 on: September 10, 2012, 01:15:46 AM »
I heard an ad on the local rap station on friday for playstation vita giveaway. Guess that's the only way to move that system. :teehee

IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1318 on: September 10, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »
I heard an ad on the local rap station on friday for playstation vita giveaway. Guess that's the only way to move that system. :teehee

I remember taking the bus home from school for Thanksgiving '99 and they were airing a local rap station (Hot 97), who were giving away "the hottest new thing of the year, the Sega Dreamcast!". I guess if a rap station is giving a system out as a gift it's not a good sign  :P
^_^

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #1319 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
Aside from that Taco Bell promotion, I don't think Sony did anything to let people know the Vita even existed in the US.  Hell, I'm surprised they sold the amount of units they did.  Sony seems pretty blase about it too so why should I want to own one while Sony is doing it's best to drown it in the bathtub?
🍆🍆