Author Topic: US Politics Thread |OT| SAD TRUMP  (Read 5486842 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: U.S. Politics Discussion Thread |OT| The Benji Memo
« Reply #14940 on: February 24, 2018, 06:22:01 AM »
I mean...all a hunter needs is a high powered bolt action.

Why the hell do they need m-16s?
Depends on what you're huntin'  :salute

https://twitter.com/twanhuijs/status/966990701526421504

And this is partly why I enjoy Trump's fuckery so much, because even here the mainstream media rides the Trump hate train every day with dumb shit like this
🤴

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14941 on: February 24, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »
I said nothing of armed teachers or students. That is YOUR assumption.

Also good on Trump for saying to get rid of gun free zones! It’s good he endorsed armed teachers as well. Let’s see if he sticks to his word.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14942 on: February 24, 2018, 07:32:24 AM »
Imagine thinking black people arming themselves en masse wouldn't result in widespread gun control again

Imagine being a liberal who claims to care about black people and uses arguments like this to actually win over black people. Never mind that very thing has been happening with black women being the largest buyer of guns. But no one on the right is pushing for gun control measures to stop “the blacks”. This mentality is exactly why I’ve left the party.

I'm not trying to win anyone over. It's just hilariously naive that you think black people could ever arm themselves against the state in any capacity without thinking the state will take action against black people, tacitly or otherwise

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14943 on: February 24, 2018, 07:38:09 AM »
black women being the largest buyer of guns

Pretty sure that's not true.

Might have a sharper relative increase than other groups, but that would be different.

kingv

« Reply #14944 on: February 24, 2018, 11:11:43 AM »
I just want Cindi to start dating a redneck in a Maga hat.

agrajag

« Reply #14945 on: February 24, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
I for one am flabbergasted that Cindi would be talking out of her ass on a subject she's recently into as if she's been an expert for 30 years. I don't think she's ever done that on a subject before.

Apparently she's a hunter now too. We got a real Jason Blaha on our hands.

El Babua

« Reply #14946 on: February 24, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
I for one am flabbergasted that Cindi would be talking out of her ass on a subject she's recently into as if she's been an expert for 30 years. I don't think she's ever done that on a subject before.

Cindi are you going to visit the Farm in Langley anytime soon?  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #14947 on: February 24, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
Quote from: Cindi
and who are you to say,”all a hunter needs is ____?”

To be fair, he is thehunter116

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #14948 on: February 24, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
Why does the left wanting assault style weapons banned = all guns.

Please show me that leap in logic.

Because many say things like they want all semi autos banned when all modern guns are semi auto besides revolvers. Because there’s literally no difference between an “assault” style and a regular hunting rifle with the same caliber. Because many actually want to ban all guns.

Brawn: I will never agree on gun control with someone from California. Five round magazines for a rifle is robbery. Rifle deaths make a blip in the amount of gun deaths. Yet you want to limit that to five while handguns - the weapon of choice of most murders including many mass shootings - stays at 10 its usual default capacity? Your idea not only is not based on reality but around fear and lack of knowledge in gun data. It also punishes law abiding citizens because of criminals.

From a liberal news source:

There have been at least 267 incidents involving assault-style rifles in 2016, including reported weapons thefts, crimes in which the guns were brandished, arrests for illegal possession and other legal interventions in which they weren't fired.

Those deaths account for about 2 percent of the 6,153 gun deaths and less than 1 percent of the 12,560 gun injuries the Gun Violence Archive has counted so far this year. This tally consists largely of homicides and assaults, but also includes suicides that were part of a murder-suicide. It also counts accidental deaths, the majority of which involve handguns, not rifles.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/assault-weapons-deaths_us_5763109de4b015db1bc8c123

Why the focus on “assault weapons” then Brawn? Let me remind you.

(Image removed from quote.)

If you ban “assault rifles” you might as well ban all hunting rifles. Oh, but lots of farmers and others use those for their livelihood like protecting their farm from wolves. But let’s give them only five cartridge magazines even though the amount of rifle deaths is very small (as awful as it is) because criminals used it for murder, right? Now you’ve run into a pickle. And that’s why you don’t listen to anyone from California on guns.

https://www.quora.com/Are-liberals-mistaken-by-claiming-hunting-rifles-are-different-from-assault-weapons-like-the-AR-15

Defending the cops for not going in is ridiculous. “Anyone not trained in the military?” You become a cop, you wear the uniform, you do your job. But...reminder. In America cops are not obligated to help you. Protect and serve is merely a motto. They are there to protect property and communities. So hey, maybe you’re right. Maybe we shouldn’t rely on cops. I completely agree.

More thorough background checks including mental health. More mental health funding. Boom.

Motherfucker I've owned a gun longer than you have. Not even the most half-assed hunter is ever going to need more than 5 rounds. The issue with rifles in mass shootings is that they cause much more devastating, untreatable wounds. Kinetic energy increases linearly with mass and exponentially with velocity. That's why a 5.56 round with half the weight of a 9mm still has 3X the amount of kinetic energy and tears up whoever it hits.

Not only did I say it in my post but for over 10 years, I've said on this forum that handguns are the real problem, not mass shootings. That's why I'm saying a shitload of training, permitting, and tracking needs to be added which isn't how it's done right now. The only reason for 10 rounds in a handgun is anybody using one in self-defense can probably expect to miss most of their shots even at close range. I'd even argue that no one needs more than 2-3 magazines compatible with any of their guns.

If you want to lower gun crime, the best thing is to track down the unstable individuals after the crime and to prevent people from having the means to carry an amount of firepower that's wildly disproportionate to what any regular citizen or police officer could have on them.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14949 on: February 24, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
If you don't crack down on automatic weapons, about 5/10 years from now you'll be arguing that rocket launchers should not be sold to high school kids.

But nope, let's arm the teachers and deans and janitors and coaches and ...
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #14950 on: February 24, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »

Cindi are you going to visit the Farm in Langley anytime soon?  :doge

Tfw when you thought you were Chris Kyle but you are Jason Blaha  :fbm

kingv

« Reply #14951 on: February 24, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
Those dumb pistol grip memes from conservatives ignore the point of pistol grips, that is, they are intended to allow you hold a rifle at a position that lessens the impact of recoil on your shot, so you can get more rounds on target faster.

This is really useful for a soldier or a mass shooter. Adding another second or two for the shooters to resteady their aim after each shot could very likely save lives.

Similarly 5 round clips would save lives, as would a more complex mechanism to change clips. Why not require it to be a two handed operation, that requires you to lay the gun flat on something?

Tasty

« Reply #14952 on: February 24, 2018, 02:05:00 PM »
Ban everything except bolt-action (for hunting) and non-automatic pistols (for self-defense.) These are the only two justifiable reasons for owning a gun in America today, and they should be as loud as possible and fire as few minute per second as possible. Human life is sacred.

Himu

« Reply #14953 on: February 24, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »
Imagine thinking black people arming themselves en masse wouldn't result in widespread gun control again

Imagine being a liberal who claims to care about black people and uses arguments like this to actually win over black people. Never mind that very thing has been happening with black women being the largest buyer of guns. But no one on the right is pushing for gun control measures to stop “the blacks”. This mentality is exactly why I’ve left the party.

I'm not trying to win anyone over. It's just hilariously naive that you think black people could ever arm themselves against the state in any capacity without thinking the state will take action against black people, tacitly or otherwise

Bullshit. I never said nor hinted at black people alone "against the state". I'm not humoring your post because it's another trap where you want me to talk about scenarios against the state and then you all laugh at me even though you're the ones who brought the damn subject up. It's another case of liberal weakness to try to "appease" black people. Similar to "you don't have the same gun rights to self defense". The goal is pacify black people, keep us disarmed, and not even bother because what you're saying is,"they'll always see you as a black person and not worthy of protection. You'll always go to jail for it." Liberals *and* conservatives like hand pick data to fit their needs. Much like Nola and shitty answer a few posts above. Mention you're a black trans woman? Here's some liberal telling you about how you'll always be a target to self defense because Cici was in prison! One example! There's no point in bothering to defend yourself because Phillandro Castille had a CCW and he was shot by police! Why bother?! You'll. Be. A. Victim. And the cherry on the top? You want us to rely on these people who you say are out to get us.

Quite a message. Definitely shows strength and resolve and not weakness on top of intellectual dishonesty. I don't respect weakness. It is the very thing that pushed me right ward actually.

Might have a sharper relative increase than other groups, but that would be different.

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/study-finds-african-american-women-in-texas-are-fastest-growing-gunowners-9678670
https://www.theroot.com/not-without-a-fight-black-women-are-taking-up-arms-to-1795583007

Let's laugh at them too why don't we? They're all just delusional. They're all crazy. They can't defend themselves. They'll be victims. You should dismiss their perspective too.

I'm really hoping that they, along with me, see the dissonance and will too shift rightward.

I never claimed to be an expert. I have shot handguns and rifles including AR-15's. But somehow that doesn't mean anything and that's literally all you have against me.

Fuck it.

I'm done.

IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #14954 on: February 24, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »
Let's laugh at them too why don't we? They're all just delusional. They're all crazy. They can't defend themselves. They'll be victims. You should dismiss their perspective too.

I don't think anyone ITT had argued against getting a gun for personal defense, for either you or anyone else.

However you're conflating that with some of us being pro comprehensive background checks, CDC data, assault weapon bans, etc. It's not like the second amendment is going to be repealed but we should at least try as much common sense gun regulation as possible.

Himu

« Reply #14955 on: February 24, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »

I don't think anyone ITT had argued against getting a gun for personal defense, for either you or anyone else.

However you're conflating that with some of us being pro comprehensive background checks, CDC data, assault weapon bans, etc. It's not like the second amendment is going to be repealed but we should at least try as much common sense gun regulation as possible.

You mention "common sense" but say only bolt action and revolvers should be legal. :lol Your "common sense" is not my "common sense".

I'm for thorough backgrounds. I'm for disarming gang members in the hood. I'm a federal law that allows people who are depressed or suicidal to send their guns in to a local gun store or the sherrif/chief. I'm for more gun studies. I'm for more mental health funding. But nope. The thing that drives your disdain is that I'm proudly anti-gun and fuck you.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14956 on: February 24, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/study-finds-african-american-women-in-texas-are-fastest-growing-gunowners-9678670
https://www.theroot.com/not-without-a-fight-black-women-are-taking-up-arms-to-1795583007

I'm really hoping that they, along with me, see the dissonance and will too shift rightward.

Did you even read what I wrote? Or you just logging on so you can get mad and yell at people?

Tasty

« Reply #14957 on: February 24, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »

You mention "common sense" but say only bolt action and revolvers should be legal. :lol Your "common sense" is not my "common sense".

I'm for thorough backgrounds. I'm for disarming gang members in the hood. I'm a federal law that allows people who are depressed or suicidal to send their guns in to a local gun store or the sherrif/chief. I'm for more gun studies. I'm for more mental health funding. But nope. The thing that drives your disdain is that I'm proudly anti-gun and fuck you.

My reply on banning most types of guns was flippant, but it represents my ideal even though it'll never happen. It's not common sense legislation at all and I never said it was.

The thing that drives your disdain is that I'm proudly anti-gun and fuck you.

What does this mean?? :confused

I don't respect weakness. It is the very thing that pushed me right ward actually.

This is literally what a fascist would say and that makes me real scared for you, gurl.

Nola

« Reply #14958 on: February 24, 2018, 02:32:28 PM »

But like Nola and Phoenix Dark said, i clearly don’t know anything about guns! Is this the part where you admit that you want a ban because of aesthetics rather than anything to do with reality? You don’t give a crap about gun crime. If you did, you would be targeting handguns.

I never said that, nor will you find the word "ban" in any sentence in that response. You said there is nothing materially different with AR-15's or similarly performing semi-auto rifles with that of the wider class of hunting rifles that fire similar caliber bullets, that is jut not the case, and both of those list out why.

Time and again you are given evidence, be it evidence based on the empirical solutions to gun violence, be it how AR-15's are notably different in ways from similar weapons in their broad class, and the only way you know how to argue is to illicit straw men, ad hominems, and reach for the hyper-irrational screeching.

You remind me of my younger self arguing similarly young libertarians(you know, the ones that were in every corner of the internet circa 2000's) that don't want to acknowledge the suffering that the logical endpoint of their economic and civil philosophy leads them. You can still be in favor of something without having to run out the door screaming "its all lies"  and deflecting every time the uncomfortable feeling that creeps in from some internal appeal to consequences crops up. People are just trying to have discussions about the validity of certain political philosophies and positions and this person is losing his/her shit because he/she can't yet come to grips with the negative aspects of their beliefs. You are that person Cindi.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:36:29 PM by Nola »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #14959 on: February 24, 2018, 03:02:34 PM »
I mean, she's clearly itching for it. Just look at the way she responded to me:
Ah. Because circumstances can’t change.

Just what I expect from a Reset staffer.
每天生气

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #14960 on: February 24, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Can we change the channel on the cindi show now?

I'll start. ff6> the rest are trash

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14961 on: February 24, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »

FFXV Mobile > TLJ
serge

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14962 on: February 24, 2018, 03:50:50 PM »

Bullshit. I never said nor hinted at black people alone "against the state". I'm not humoring your post because it's another trap where you want me to talk about scenarios against the state and then you all laugh at me even though you're the ones who brought the damn subject up. It's another case of liberal weakness to try to "appease" black people. Similar to "you don't have the same gun rights to self defense". The goal is pacify black people, keep us disarmed, and not even bother because what you're saying is,"they'll always see you as a black person and not worthy of protection. You'll always go to jail for it." Liberals *and* conservatives like hand pick data to fit their needs. Much like Nola and shitty answer a few posts above. Mention you're a black trans woman? Here's some liberal telling you about how you'll always be a target to self defense because Cici was in prison! One example! There's no point in bothering to defend yourself because Phillandro Castille had a CCW and he was shot by police! Why bother?! You'll. Be. A. Victim. And the cherry on the top? You want us to rely on these people who you say are out to get us.

Quite a message. Definitely shows strength and resolve and not weakness on top of intellectual dishonesty. I don't respect weakness. It is the very thing that pushed me right ward actually.

Lol wow chill with the projection. Someone's never heard of the Mulford act

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #14963 on: February 24, 2018, 04:20:12 PM »

FFXV Mobile > TLJ

i hate u
püp

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14964 on: February 24, 2018, 05:12:31 PM »
Can someone make a Cindi cycle like the Sonic cycle? But instead of a new game its a new belief or something she is really into that week only to tear it down next week, always on the lookout for that one thing that will "save" her and make things right.

Tasty

« Reply #14965 on: February 24, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »
Nah I think that's being too hard on her. We're all out here trying to figure out what's going to make things right, or better. In terms of how Cindi argues a point, I do think she's a lot better than when I first joined, but in this instance I think she's arguing three or four separate issues as the same one, and it's resulting in it seeming like a dogpile. One-on-one she's good for a discussion and despite some troll-y things said in the last couple days, it's clear her resolve comes from a genuine place.

In general, if people were more open to new views, the world would be a much better place. Just based on what's been posted here, Cindi's had a long, tough road and like everyone that's shaped her worldviews. I wish I could somehow stop her march down the conservative path, but on some level I appreciate that she did have the courage to say, "Hm, maybe my current outlook isn't working." If everyone did that every so often we'd be much better off and more empathetic.

Anyways, my two cents.

« Reply #14966 on: February 24, 2018, 05:33:11 PM »
I think your guys unprecedented hate for me is too strong.

I'll stop picking on some of you I guess.  :doge

« Reply #14967 on: February 24, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »
Quote from: Cindi
and who are you to say,”all a hunter needs is ____?”

To be fair, he is thehunter116

That's all that matters really.  :preach

« Reply #14968 on: February 24, 2018, 05:41:20 PM »

It’s about design and aesthetics? That’s why they should be banned? But I thought they didn’t fire the same type? Standard AR-15 shoots .223 caliber cartridges. .223 is actually a weak cartridge. You say people don’t need it to hunt. All you need is a bolt action rifle.

Normally I would just troll the shit out of someone clrealy arguing in bad faith but I will say this. Yes, the rate of fire, velocity of rounds, grains type/length/type of bullet and capacity of magazines all matter.

A bolt action is fine for hunting and defense; are you fucking fighting the mongol hordes off on a daily basis? You don't need a .223 (which is very similar to a 5.56mm by the way) semi auto m-16 knockoff.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:45:31 PM by thehunter116 »

etiolate

« Reply #14969 on: February 24, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
It was a dogpile on Cindi. I talk to her in messages and its a more focused conversation.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14970 on: February 24, 2018, 05:48:42 PM »
It was a dogpile on Cindi. I talk to her in messages and its a more focused conversation.
Godtiolate  :bow2 :bow :bow :bow2

Tasty

« Reply #14971 on: February 24, 2018, 05:54:20 PM »
Godtiolate  :bow2 :bow :bow :bow2

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14972 on: February 24, 2018, 06:23:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967526110249537542

So in other words, you've lost 7% of your supporters? :hitler
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14973 on: February 24, 2018, 07:29:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967526110249537542

So in other words, you've lost 7% of your supporters? :hitler
The crazy thing is, the conservatives never drank much Trump kool-aid. It was mostly the trolling Pepe folk and people who had given up on politics as well as independents who liked him.
The party base was pretty down on Trump as they feared he wouldn't be conservative enough because he had been a Democrat all his life, but somehow he has proven to them that he is in fact fighting for conservative values.

It's pretty insane, had you asked those people 4 years ago: "Would you consider voting for Donald Trump" they'd probably laughed at you and said: "Hell no, I don't even think Romney is a real conservative."
It took Manafort some effort to make sure the RNC went with Trump at the convention.

Trump essentially taking over the Republican party has been the most baffling thing about his career in politics.
🤴

« Reply #14974 on: February 24, 2018, 08:28:10 PM »
Don't let this shit distract you from the fact that Colonel Roy Mustang burned hundreds of civilians alive during the Ishvalan Civil War.

Alchemy is the real issue.

We need to build a wall!

shosta

« Reply #14976 on: February 24, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
每天生气

deepest throat

« Reply #14977 on: February 25, 2018, 01:51:18 AM »
what hte fuck happened itt

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14979 on: February 25, 2018, 02:10:09 PM »
Saw a commentator pointing out that because Trump wouldn't declassify any of the information in this memo, unlike the Nunes one, they just had the FBI redact parts so there was no need. Not sure how firmly that's established, though.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14980 on: February 25, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »
he has me blocked on twitter (for some reason) so I can directly link, but:

@KimDotcom
CIA needs the Russia conflict to remain relevant and funded. CIA knows the DNC wasn’t hacked by Russia. CIA knows it was Seth Rich who enabled the leak. CIA doesn’t want Mueller to find non-Russia evidence. It wasn’t a botched robbery at all. CIA likely killed Seth Rich. Wake up.

11:06 PM - Feb 24, 2018

:dead

agrajag

« Reply #14981 on: February 25, 2018, 02:25:09 PM »
Yes. The CIA wants to do all this despite having a Trump appointed loyalist CIA director  :thinking :derp

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14982 on: February 25, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »
maybe you've heard of a guy named... sy hersh

checkmate

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #14983 on: February 25, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »
he has me blocked on twitter (for some reason) so I can directly link, but:

@KimDotcom
CIA needs the Russia conflict to remain relevant and funded. CIA knows the DNC wasn’t hacked by Russia. CIA knows it was Seth Rich who enabled the leak. CIA doesn’t want Mueller to find non-Russia evidence. It wasn’t a botched robbery at all. CIA likely killed Seth Rich. Wake up.

11:06 PM - Feb 24, 2018

:dead
Who could doubt the veracity of this guys claims? If it's good enough for Galaxy Brained L Vendor Etoilet it should be good enough for all of us

kingv

« Reply #14984 on: February 25, 2018, 04:49:14 PM »
Remember that dude that used to dress up like the riddler and do infomercials about getting free money from the government?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/free-money-guy-matthew-lesko-says-crypto-are-gamble-scam

Edit: wrong thread.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #14985 on: February 25, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »
Idk feels like it could be related to us politics

shosta

« Reply #14986 on: February 25, 2018, 05:25:34 PM »
more stuff about Papadopoulos getting promised thousands of "Hillary's emails"
Page's first warrant was approved months after he left the campaign
they let Carter Page GIVE A UNIVERSITY COMMENCEMENT ADDRESS LOL. Was that what Carter Page made the Kremlin promise him he would get?

Rebuttal memo pretty much tears up Nunes memo in all the ways that were predicted. my favorite now corroborated analysis is that multiple renewals for a FISA warrant is direct evidence that the warrant was providing useful intelligence :lol
每天生气

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14987 on: February 25, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »
Rebuttal memo pretty much tears up Nunes memo in all the ways that were predicted. my favorite now corroborated analysis is that multiple renewals for a FISA warrant is direct evidence that the warrant was providing useful intelligence :lol

Besides all the other moving parts in this, Nunes just doesn't seem too bright.

Also all the #releasethememo people have moved on to the "Flynn is going to withdraw his plea deal" thing, which is maybe even sillier.

shosta

« Reply #14988 on: February 25, 2018, 05:39:46 PM »
He's never seemed too bright, like running to the white house instead of calling them and then lying about being in the white house after.
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #14989 on: February 25, 2018, 05:44:41 PM »
Nunes is Inspector Clouseau.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14990 on: February 25, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »
Manafort, Gates, Flynn these guys ran all sorts of scams which begs the question.
Why would they risk getting back into the public.

1. None of these characters thought Donald could win, so they probably joined up for some free publicity.
Not to mention Donald was left with the bottom of the barrel as Clinton, Cruz, Bush and others took all the top men.

2. They thought Trump would win and in time pardon them for past transgressions.

3. They were over their eyeballs in debt and were forced by their debtors to work for the Russian government or whoever to support Trump.

4. They thought hiding behind the dumpster fire was the smartest move they could play and no one would bother to look.

Not to mention, what would've happened had Clinton won. Would she have sanctioned Trump's buffoonery of taking potshots at her from the sidelines and beginning a new media empire based on Clinton hate as the GOP imploded.
Or would Clinton and the Democrats have pushed for investigations into Manafort, Flynn and perhaps Trump himself.
🤴

Nola

« Reply #14991 on: February 25, 2018, 06:44:49 PM »
Manafort's entire shtick has been running scams and shady operations within the shadows of public life.

Let's not forget the guy got his start basically creating the swamp that Trump rails against with Black, Manafort, Stone, and Kelly. Guys that lobbied and took money to represent the interests of the scum of the scum. Often using borderline tactics to do so. The guy never shied away from the risks of this sort of stuff, I don't see why they would've started with Trump's long shot campaign? The question I have is why was Manafort doing it for free? You are the Kremlin's man in the Ukraine and now you are heading to the most Putin friendly campaign for free, what exactly were you attempting to wrangle out of this thing? The motives are a bit weird. You are right.

I definitely think the rumblings from the campaign at the time were Trump was all but positioning himself with Bannon and Aisles to create a media platform of some sort. I definitely think many, if not most of those guys were using their titles to curry favors and find paydays. I mean Flynn was plotting a fucking kidnapping plot in July of 2016 for 15 million dollars. Trump's lawyer is sending heartfelt letters to Putin's assistant to openly try and use their position with the campaign to advance some sort of quid-pro-quo to establish that Trump Tower in Moscow Trump's always wanted.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:54:05 PM by Nola »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14992 on: February 25, 2018, 07:09:59 PM »
Manafort's entire shtick has been running scams and shady operations within the shadows of public life.

Let's not forget the guy got his start basically creating the swamp that Trump rails against with Black, Manafort, Stone, and Kelly. Guys that lobbied and took money to represent the interests of the scum of the scum. Often using borderline tactics to do so. The guy never shied away from the risks of this sort of stuff, I don't see why they would've started with Trump's long shot campaign? The question I have is why was Manafort doing it for free? You are the Kremlin's man in the Ukraine and now you are heading to the most Putin friendly campaign for free, what exactly were you attempting to wrangle out of this thing? The motives are a bit weird. You are right.

I definitely think the rumblings from the campaign at the time were Trump was all but positioning himself with Bannon and Aisles to create a media platform of some sort. I definitely think many, if not most of those guys were using their titles to curry favors and find paydays. I mean Flynn was plotting a fucking kidnapping plot in July of 2016 for 15 million dollars. Trump's lawyer is sending heartfelt letters to Putin's assistant to openly try and use their position with the campaign to advance some sort of quid-pro-quo to establish that Trump Tower in Moscow Trump's always wanted.

Flynn was basically Trump's fluffer at some of the rallies. Started yelling Lock her up to rile up the crowds.

Maybe they just all banded together out of hate for Hillary Clinton. Manafort was phoning it in for sure, but Flynn tried really hard to be a true to heart Trumper.
🤴

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #14993 on: February 25, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I've always felt that there was never a point to the CIA unless there was Russia.
That's always been the case since the CIA's inception :doge
que

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #14994 on: February 25, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
After 9/11, I can't imagine a CIA director feeling like they needed to whip up a vast Russian conspiracy to get leverage for funding. How bad would you have to be at submitting budget requests?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14995 on: February 25, 2018, 09:21:11 PM »
After 9/11, I can't imagine a CIA director feeling like they needed to whip up a vast Russian conspiracy to get leverage for funding. How bad would you have to be at submitting budget requests?

Seth Rich was closing in on him, he had to make a move.

©@©™

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #14996 on: February 25, 2018, 09:55:49 PM »
I agree, I don't think Manafort or any major player thought Trump would win. The media stuff is an angle I can buy. Wikileaks was talking to Don Jr shortly before election day, basically begging him to contest the election results if Trump lost. The plan seemed to be to ill-legitimize Clinton's win (Russian bots were ready to go with a "rigged election" push on twitter, apparently). Then at some point in 2017 launch a media channel and kinda go from there I guess.

Post-win, the thing that amazes me is how sloppy all these dudes have been. I get why Don Jr, Kushner, etc are stupid: they've literally never had consequences in their life, they're elite rich, etc. But if you're Gates or Flynn or even Manafort, you're just a dude fucking up. Yea I'm sure they figured Trump could pardon them, but even still...

« Reply #14997 on: February 25, 2018, 11:51:50 PM »
So this whole gun thing isn't going away.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #14998 on: February 25, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »

Nah, give it another week. Unless you mean the gun thing with Cindi. That will likely take a couple of months to pass.
serge

agrajag

« Reply #14999 on: February 25, 2018, 11:55:53 PM »

Not for nothing one of the girls from the Florida school that is doing all the activism stuff now has more twitter followers than the NRA