Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1868162 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20161 on: October 22, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
i'm just sayin', there's a pretty close margin in those swing states... :teehee
duc

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20162 on: October 22, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »
kill the curmudgeon
püp

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #20163 on: October 22, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »
Former Israeli Spymaster: We Need To Talk to Iran
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2012/al-monitor/israelsecurityiran.html#ixzz2A2DySOjZ

Great interview with former Mossad head Efraim Halevy

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20164 on: October 22, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
former Mossad head Efraim Halevy

Obviously an anti-semite.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #20165 on: October 22, 2012, 05:14:23 PM »
flashback to 2000
duc

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20166 on: October 22, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
flashback to 2000

what's this in reference to, the link PD posted?
püp

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #20167 on: October 22, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »
oh, i expect there to be all sorts of vote count shenanigans and suppression efforts on a scale that will make 2000 pale. romney's wealthy benefactors clearly see a greater good (israel, neoconservative nation building, the general ideology of the rich that presumes anything good for them must be good for the little people) that necessitates a suspension of any/all immediate ethical credos. after all, obama is a CRIMINAL that MUST be stopped at any cost, for america...
duc

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20168 on: October 22, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
Gonna second PD recommending that interview.  Kept getting to parts that made me think "Yes! Thank you!"

Although the claim was, if you talk to them, you legitimize them But by not talking to them, you don't de-legitimate them.

But to understand it is not to justify

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20169 on: October 22, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
oh, i expect there to be all sorts of vote count shenanigans and suppression efforts on a scale that will make 2000 pale. romney's wealthy benefactors clearly see a greater good (israel, neoconservative nation building, the general ideology of the rich that presumes anything good for them must be good for the little people) that necessitates a suspension of any/all immediate ethical credos. after all, obama is a CRIMINAL that MUST be stopped at any cost, for america...

I'm doubtful of any of this actually gaining traction in the states that matter.  Ohio already said fuck you to Husted.  That sort of stuff might factor into NH's final results, and Florida is already most likely Romney's to begin with...I can't imagine that shit really happening in a dire way in IO or CO.
püp

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #20170 on: October 22, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
It's IA, not IO.

Obama only needs NV and OH to win, and those are his strongest swing states. He doesn't even need CO or VA or even IA unless he starts losing WI or NH. I don't think he will lose WI but even if he loses NH it doesn't matter if he has OH+NV.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20172 on: October 22, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
It's IA, not IO.

Obama only needs NV and OH to win, and those are his strongest swing states. He doesn't even need CO or VA or even IA unless he starts losing WI or NH. I don't think he will lose WI but even if he loses NH it doesn't matter if he has OH+NV.

ah my bad.  I've always sucked at state abbreviations
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20173 on: October 22, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »
The problem for Romney is that he almost has to run the table in the swing states to win.  The problem for Obama is that's the way shit is trending.  It will probably all come down to turnout vs. dirty tricks.  I'm starting to think betting on dirty tricks is the smart bet.

Honestly though, if America is this fucking dumb we deserve to be a banana republic ruled over by our Galtian 1% overlords.
yar

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #20174 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »

Considering the mass voter suppression Obama will carry out via the Black Panthers and ACORN, he is a criminal that does need to be stopped at any cost.

Also I agree with the rest of your post.  Ohio will be the new Florida as Romney slinks into his victory.
🍆🍆

Oblivion

« Reply #20175 on: October 22, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20176 on: October 22, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
ya'll are crazy.  Ohio and Nevada have been mostly consistent since the summer.

aka: Nate Silver is my god
püp

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20177 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
I really, really hope so.  Just have a bad feeling.
yar

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20178 on: October 22, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
resisting the urge to post chillthefuckoutigotthis.jpg
püp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #20179 on: October 22, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »
No way.

After Romney wins this debate, Colorado, Iowa, and Virginia almost instantly turn red.  Nevada and Ohio hold out for a little while longer, with both states falling into Romney's camp next week.  Then the "true battleground states" end up being New Hampshire and Wisconsin.  New Hampshire will lean Obama but after significant voter suppression, Diebold, ACORN, NBPP, etc., Wisconsin tips into a narrow Romney victory.
🍆🍆

Oblivion

« Reply #20180 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
Is there any merit to that voting machines being owned by Tagg Romney story floating around?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20181 on: October 22, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
I don't think its garnered any national attention, of fucking course.
püp

Oblivion

« Reply #20182 on: October 22, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
Quote from: Chuck Todd
The voting machine conspiracies belong in same category as the Trump birther garbage.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20183 on: October 22, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
I read something that called the Libya thing "the worst response to a an attack on America ever" or some such nonsense.  Did these people completely forget Iraq?  I'm guessing they did.
vin

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20184 on: October 22, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »
What exactly are they proposing Obama should have done about Libya? Start bombing? Send ground troops? Seriously, what response are they demanding for a terrorist attack that no government had a part in?

ohhh that's right, I remember how they responded to the last terrorist attack that no government had a part in

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20185 on: October 22, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
I'm going to go ahead say that they really want a condemnation of Islam as a whole.  This is just circling the bowl for them really.
vin

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #20186 on: October 22, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »
http://drezner.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/10/20/why_the_foreign_policy_debate_is_already_ruined

the fuck?  Two-thirds of the debate is going to be dedicated to the Middle East?  ffs....
MMA

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20187 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
Not really surprising.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20188 on: October 22, 2012, 08:50:20 PM »
http://drezner.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/10/20/why_the_foreign_policy_debate_is_already_ruined

the fuck?  Two-thirds of the debate is going to be dedicated to the Middle East?  ffs....

To make it even more hilarious, I bet there won't be much Pakistan talk

And I bet there won't be any arms control talk either

AdmiralViscen

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #20190 on: October 22, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »
"Obama's Middle East Policy: Threat or Menace?"
乱学者

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20191 on: October 22, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
"Who is our greatest threat, October Iran or November Iran?"

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20192 on: October 22, 2012, 09:00:31 PM »
"America's Greatest Threat: Obama or Iran?"
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20193 on: October 22, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »
Iran: Our Second Greatest Geopolitical Foe
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #20194 on: October 22, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
The first question was written by the Romney campaign

We have learned that we can't kill our way out of terrorism from a Republican, and that Osama doesn't matter

Oblivion

« Reply #20195 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
"We can't kill our way out of this mess." - A Republican

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20196 on: October 22, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
"We can't kill our way out of this mess." - A Republican

Incredible.
dog

MIMIC

« Reply #20197 on: October 22, 2012, 09:11:19 PM »
God damn, the CNN undecided voters are all over the fuckin place tonight.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20198 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »
Romney's looking upset already. :lol
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20199 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »
Guess I better switch over to this, the Cards are playing the choke card early tonight.
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #20200 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:24 PM »
Obama jumped the gun

MIMIC

« Reply #20201 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »
So WTF is Mitt gonna do? Send all of the Muslims to "don't hate America" camp?

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #20202 on: October 22, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
ROMNEY WITH THE SMACKDOWN
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #20203 on: October 22, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »
WHO DERE WHO DERE ITS ROMNEY MOTHERFUCKER
USA

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20204 on: October 22, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
Romney seems quite...reserved. I think Obama may be too aggressive but still, it's weird

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #20205 on: October 22, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
Romney seems quite...reserved. I think Obama may be too aggressive but still, it's weird

Fuck it, that won the first debate and nothing calls for more chest puffing than foreign policy.

The CNN bars seem Obama friendly to me so far

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20206 on: October 22, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
ROMNEY SMIRK
dog

MIMIC

« Reply #20207 on: October 22, 2012, 09:19:57 PM »
Did Mitt forget he's a Republican? His answer was almost identical to Obama's in terms of the anti-war stance.

Oblivion

« Reply #20208 on: October 22, 2012, 09:20:23 PM »
Romney's Syria response is horrible. He almost literally repeated everything Obama just said.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #20209 on: October 22, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »
Ya, this is snooze-worthy so far.

MMA

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20210 on: October 22, 2012, 09:21:54 PM »
can someone shit on holmes already
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20211 on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »
Mitt: No military involvement in Syria
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20212 on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »
Romney would do the same thing, but he would do it better.
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #20213 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »

"but we need a leadership role"

Whatever that means.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20214 on: October 22, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »

"but we need a leadership role"

Whatever that means.

And it means...nothing.
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20215 on: October 22, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
Not watching this, but I predict the general Romney line will be: Obama's doing horrible, things are falling apart, we need to do something different, and no don't worry I'm not going to invade anyone that would be crazy.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20216 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »
Not watching this, but I predict the general Romney line will be: Obama's doing horrible, things are falling apart, we need to do something different, and no don't worry I'm not going to invade anyone that would be crazy.

His line so far is "We should be doing exactly what Obama is doing, but better somehow."
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20217 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
Romney would do the same thing, but he would do it harder.

fixed
püp

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #20218 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:48 PM »

It's actually far milder than that

Trurl

« Reply #20219 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »

The United States is obsessed.