Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 813583 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: FitnessBore - 2013 edition
« Reply #5820 on: August 02, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »
ˇYou should try to LIVE MAS!

Hit it Taco Bell style, and start with a delicious taco, then wrap it in a delicious cake.

Then deep fry it.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5821 on: August 02, 2013, 09:44:13 AM »
 :lol  I'm just avoiding fast food even on this dirty bulk.  I'm trying to make the bad things I eat as good as possible.  No shitty oils and cheap flour and stuff like that.  Not to mention I enjoy cooking  and it's more cost efficient.  But I do tend to eat Taco Smell on Saturdays *drool*

Oblivion

« Reply #5822 on: August 04, 2013, 04:07:04 AM »
Okay, so I'm now a full month after being on my new diet, and the good news is, overall I've made a net gain of 8 lbs. :rock (though technically, that's more like what I've gotten out of two weeks, sine it took two weeks for me to lose a few pounds and then gain them back)

Here's the thing though. While I'm glad I seem to be making progress, my appearance hasn't changed noticeably. My wrists and forearms are still skinny looking as ever.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting much difference if I had gained a pound or two, but I figured once I got close to 10 lbs. I would see noticeable improvements. How much do I have to gain before I start seeing actual results?

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
« Reply #5823 on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
It looks like low-carb is going to be coming to my household to stay.  I just found out my girlfriend is a type II diabetic.
WTF

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5824 on: August 04, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »
Okay, so I'm now a full month after being on my new diet, and the good news is, overall I've made a net gain of 8 lbs. :rock (though technically, that's more like what I've gotten out of two weeks, sine it took two weeks for me to lose a few pounds and then gain them back)

Here's the thing though. While I'm glad I seem to be making progress, my appearance hasn't changed noticeably. My wrists and forearms are still skinny looking as ever.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting much difference if I had gained a pound or two, but I figured once I got close to 10 lbs. I would see noticeable improvements. How much do I have to gain before I start seeing actual results?
its because its not muscle. Ten lbs in a month is steroid territory. 1 or 2 lbs of that is muscle. The rest is fat, water and weight from the extra food. Keep on truckin buddy.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #5825 on: August 10, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »
Just jogged on an empty stomach for an hour outside and finished it off with a 200m sprint (six days in a row this week for close to 40k). I ain't even tired.

I'll bulk when I return to Toronto at the end of the month. Since I already IF, maybe I'll join the leangains club with Eschaton.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5826 on: August 12, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »
Decided to test my squat out again after 2 more cycles of 5/3/1 since my last 1RM test.  Hit 325 today.  I did my first 5/3/1 cycle in January and my max was 245.  80 lbs in 8 months or so is enough progress to make me happy.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5827 on: August 13, 2013, 07:17:38 AM »
Thanks brochacho.  I wish my bench progressed that well.  It only went up around 30 lbs in 8 months.  But I guess it's only about 10 lbs off from where it should be according to the program.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5828 on: August 13, 2013, 09:34:56 AM »
I think you should be okay.  Week 1 is always the hardest for me.  I can usually only get the 5 on my 85%, which isn't a problem since Wendler recommends not doing any extra during week 1 anyways.  But during weeks 2 and 3 I usually blow past the minimum reps.  Today being the exception... On my final set of bench press today I accidentally added 20 extra lbs and of course failed spectacularly.  Someone helped me lift and I noticed the problem and removed the extra weight.  Went for it again and got 2 reps.  But last cycle I got 3 reps on 5 lbs lighter and I remember that third rep being easy as shit.  4th set of dips I also got 2 less reps than I did last week (I go for 5 sets of 10 weighted).  But I did get 10 again on the 5th set.  I'm not sure if it was exhaustion from the failure, shaken nerves or both but today was a bad day.

Edit: I also received some bad news at work that may have shaken me a bit.  A trip I was looking forward to was postponed 3 months.  I also noticed I surprise myself and do better on my workouts when I get less sleep (6 hours or so) compared to a "normal" night for me (8 hours or so).  So I don't know.  But I was really disappointed in myself today.  Fuuuuuu
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:36:48 AM by Mupepe »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5829 on: August 13, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
Damn.  The 5k I could do, but the 12 mile mud runs would absolutely destroy me.  You and I have some similar stats but you absolutely destroy me in that regard.  I'm too focused on strength I think.

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
« Reply #5830 on: August 18, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »
breaking back into 67kg weight - down from a horrible balloon-y 74kg in Feb.

Gearing up for a half marathon in Nov - did first slow 18km yesterday morning in around 1hr 40.

wooot
O=X

Oblivion

« Reply #5831 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
For lifting, at what point do you go and increase the amount of weight?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5832 on: August 18, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
what routine are you doing? Its different based on the routine. But you are usually going for more reps or weights each session.

Oblivion

« Reply #5833 on: August 18, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »
what routine are you doing? Its different based on the routine. But you are usually going for more reps or weights each session.

Dumb bell curls, 10 reps at 3 sets. You're supposed to increase weight every session??

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5834 on: August 19, 2013, 09:56:44 AM »
That's not a routine really  :lol  A routine is based around the concept of steady progression.  Did you end up getting a barbell and weights?  Or are you dumbbell only?

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #5835 on: August 19, 2013, 04:30:08 PM »
I'm going to give Oblivion the nickname Bigorexia. (Yeah, I just saw the GAF thread--I was going to make a thread, but then I remembered that I don't even lift threads, brah.)

Oblivion

« Reply #5836 on: August 20, 2013, 04:04:59 AM »
That's not a routine really  :lol  A routine is based around the concept of steady progression.

...oh.

Did you end up getting a barbell and weights?  Or are you dumbbell only?

No barbells, but I did get dumb bells of increasing weights that should keep me busy for a while. 25, 30, 35 lbs.

I hate you, Oblivion.

:'(

Oblivion

« Reply #5837 on: August 20, 2013, 04:08:13 AM »
Actually, can someone just GIVE me a muscle building routine? Probably might be easier than just making things up as I go along.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5838 on: August 20, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »

Dumb bell curls, 10 reps at 3 sets. You're supposed to increase weight every session??

This can't be real life.
MMA

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5839 on: August 20, 2013, 07:26:59 AM »
Actually, can someone just GIVE me a muscle building routine? Probably might be easier than just making things up as I go along.

Sure thing champ:

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=32900.0
MMA

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5840 on: August 20, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
Oblivion, to be completely honest you're going to have very limited options with dumbbells only and that low of weight.  You'll be done with that weight after a week or two most likely.  Do you have a bench at least? 

Oblivion

« Reply #5841 on: August 20, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
Oblivion, to be completely honest you're going to have very limited options with dumbbells only and that low of weight.  You'll be done with that weight after a week or two most likely.  Do you have a bench at least?

Yeah, I do. But it's probably looking like I gotta sign up for a gym, right?

Oblivion, what is your goal? Why are you lifting weights?

I'm super skinny, and I just want to gain a little mass. At least enough to look like a normal human being, anyway.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5842 on: August 20, 2013, 01:17:52 PM »
Oblivion, I've seen this same conversation with you about 20 times now over the past 4-5 years on here and GAF.

Are you learning disabled or just trolling? I can't tell.

Oblivion

« Reply #5843 on: August 20, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »
Oblivion, I've seen this same conversation with you about 20 times now over the past 4-5 years on here and GAF.

Well...yes, but all those other times I was trying to work out, something would keep getting in the way, like work and school.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #5844 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
But the information you were given doesn't change.  You can print it out and keep it so you don't forget.

If you are serious about doing something in your life, things don't 'get in the way'. You make the proper sacrifices to keep it going. That's why they call fitness a lifestyle.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5845 on: August 20, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »

Yeah, I do. But it's probably looking like I gotta sign up for a gym, right?

Oblivion, what is your goal? Why are you lifting weights?

I'm super skinny, and I just want to gain a little mass. At least enough to look like a normal human being, anyway.
Either invest in more dumbbell weight or in a gym membership.  Dumbbell weight is pretty cheap and can go a long way, but it has limitations.  That would the minimal solution.  But yes, I would say join a gym and start Stronglifts or Starting Strength as your program.  If you're serious that is your best option.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5846 on: August 20, 2013, 03:10:36 PM »
That too.  My suggestion if you've got the money and time is to buy a basic rack and weight set and make a home gym.  Look for people moving on craigslist.  You can get whole sets for about 100 bucks.  Great investment.

nudemacusers

« Reply #5847 on: August 24, 2013, 08:49:01 PM »
yeah I'm not huge or anything but I was pretty thin (like 36" chest etc) all my life and found it really hard to gain anything, until I forced myself to drink a protein shake everyday, sometimes twice a day. Definitely did the trick.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Oblivion

« Reply #5848 on: August 24, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »
Ok jerkos, I signed up with a gym for two months.

NOW can someone suggest some workout routines?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5849 on: August 24, 2013, 11:06:10 PM »
I suggested two of them, bro!

Oblivion

« Reply #5850 on: August 24, 2013, 11:43:27 PM »
I suggested two of them, bro!

Oh...right! My bad.  :heartbeat: Mupepe

Also, I'm gonna post my strength progress here, cause I'm gangsta that way.

Day 1 (and yes, feel free to laugh) -

Dumb bells curls: 25 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
Barbell curls: 60 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
Bench press: 60 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
Leg press: 150 lbs. (15 reps 3 sets)
Squats: 60 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:04:13 AM by Oblivion »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5851 on: August 25, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
No squats or overhead press??

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5852 on: August 25, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »

No problem, buddy, got ya covered:

MMA

Oblivion

« Reply #5853 on: August 27, 2013, 12:13:04 AM »
Good job, spergo, you didn't post any reps.

There ya go, YER MAJESTY.

No squats or overhead press??

My mistake, I did squats, not a dead lifts or overhead presses. Will do those next time, hopefully.

No problem, buddy, got ya covered:

Oh, you.

Anyway, here's my progress from day too:

Dumb bells curls: 30 lbs. (5 reps 4 sets)
Bench press: 60 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
Leg press: couldn't find the machine since I went to a different gym, and plus I was on a limited schedule. :(
Squats: 70 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
Lunges: 70 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)

Thoughts and observations:

I'm somewhat happy to say that I managed to increase the amount of weights on the dumb bells curls, and squats, but for some reason the barbell curls and bench presses were giving me a shitload of trouble in that I could barely keep up with what I was doing last time. Maybe next time.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5854 on: August 27, 2013, 07:29:37 AM »
So I assume you're doing a lot of curls because you want some big guns (understandable).  If so, my suggestion is to do pullups instead.  They're a lot more beneficial and they work the shit out of your biceps.  My arms were little bitches until I started pullups.  I wish I would have gotten serious about them sooner.  They're already easier to progress on than curls (and better for your wrist too).

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5855 on: August 27, 2013, 09:19:31 AM »
So I mentioned before that my bench was progressing a lot slower than everything else and I failed miserably on what I thought was my 1RM before (I was thinking 270 easily and maxed out at 260).  Well today I decided to start my new 5/3/1 cycle with a wider grip.  Wow.  What a fucking difference.  Everything felt more stable.  On my 85% set it felt like I had found the missing piece of the puzzle. 

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #5856 on: August 27, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »
Just wanted to announce in here that I've decided to up my exercise levels, I finally bought a new bicycle in June (my old one got stolen a year and a half ago) and after some windup I've now set a target of 100km on the bike per week. Just done 115 or so this past week, and will try to keep this up until it gets too dark/cold/snowy here. I will be combining this with my regular capoeira classes which I do 2-3 days per week to see if I can lose some of my flab!

地平線

« Reply #5857 on: August 27, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »
Just wanted to announce in here that I've decided to up my exercise levels, I finally bought a new bicycle in June (my old one got stolen a year and a half ago) and after some windup I've now set a target of 100km on the bike per week. Just done 115 or so this past week, and will try to keep this up until it gets too dark/cold/snowy here. I will be combining this with my regular capoeira classes which I do 2-3 days per week to see if I can lose some of my flab!

I'm ~200bs at the moment, which is not far off the heaviest I've ever been - my weight has been coming down slowly the last few weeks, and I feel confident I can continue losing - I've just let things get a little out of control -- okay, a lot out of control.

I'm a little bit guttish and mooby, but I'm lucky really in that this weight doesn't show as badly on me as I've seen it show on others. I'm lucky I have the kind of build I have I guess. I don't really have a weight goal, but I'm looking to lose a few inches off the waist and gut (obviously) and maybe pad on some muscle.

I don't want to hulk out to be honest, I just want to achieve slightly more strength/stamina in the arms/core and slim down / tone up. Get a little bit closer to how I used to be. I've just joined a gym close to work so I can check in every other lunch hour, or after work, and I've been cycling too. I don't normally monitor what I'm doing on the bike but I know I've done about 65km in the last 4 days, and that's with two days not cycling at all. I'm finding I'm already at the point where I feel like I could just go and go, so I'm starting to take mental notes of the gears I'm using - in the hopes I can push myself to go a bit faster each time.

The reason I've joined the gym is because I know weight lifting is probably going to be more efficient for fat loss than cardio alone (more lasting effects on metabolic rate etc)... I do have basic dumb-bells at home, and access to my brothers barbell (no bench), but I'd rather have access to better equipment and advice. I honestly have no idea where to start though, hence me reading this thread. I know how to work some basic groups with the dumbbells but I'd probably do myself an injury trying to use the barbell..

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5858 on: August 27, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »
http://www.startingstrengthtraining.com/workouts/

This is a good place to start if you're new to lifting.  You'll make efficient advancements and it's not overkill for a beginner.  This will build you a solid base and get you strong in the main lifts.  As you advance you can start adding in assistance exercises to strengthen your weak points.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5859 on: August 27, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Can't deadlift or clean in the power racks?  Totally acceptable.  It's not like you're curling in there. *looking at Oblivion*

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #5860 on: August 27, 2013, 04:35:33 PM »
地平線

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5861 on: August 28, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »
I am back in Japan, going to the gym for the first time in over two weeks today. I feel like a sack of dough; I'm a-scared to get on the scale...! (But I can't wait to get back into my routine.)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5862 on: August 29, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »
I am back in Japan, going to the gym for the first time in over two weeks today. I feel like a sack of dough; I'm a-scared to get on the scale...! (But I can't wait to get back into my routine.)

According to my consistent measuring point, I gained 1.4 kg during my two week vacation in the USA. Much better than I'd feared.

OTOH, my standard workout was a lot harder than it had been two weeks ago. A break like that, it caused a surprising drop off in my stamina.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #5863 on: August 30, 2013, 07:47:58 PM »
Huh, yeah, that makes sense. I was dying on the treadmill, but I was able to keep up my weight routine with only minimal pain this morning.

Oh, crap. I forgot to do my post-workout stretch, which also might explain the soreness.

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5864 on: August 31, 2013, 10:38:39 AM »
because NASCAR?

and holy shit, they're charging $145 for a fucking plank of wood and some bean bags?!
MMA

nudemacusers

« Reply #5865 on: August 31, 2013, 12:05:55 PM »
brahs need to warm up before exercise too
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #5866 on: August 31, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
Paying money for a cornhole set :what
🍆🍆

Oblivion

« Reply #5867 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »
Can't deadlift or clean in the power racks?  Totally acceptable.  It's not like you're curling in there. *looking at Oblivion*

:-[

Okay, so day tres:

Squats: 80 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)
Lunges: 70 lbs. (10 reps 3 sets)

This was a pretty unfortunate day. Just was not the most optimal time to go to the gym.

Day fo:

Squats: three sets of 10 at 85 lbs.
pull ups: 3 sets of 8
barbell curls: 3 sets of 10 at 60 lbs. (for some reason this seems to be the hardest for me to advance on)
Leg press: 3 sets of 10 at 170 lbs.

This was yesterday and it felt a lot more productive than the previous day. As mentioned, can't explain why but the barbell curls are giving me the most difficulty. Was really happy about my leg press. Last time I did it, I could do 150, but when I tried 170, I couldn't even budge it more than an inch. But yesterday I somehow managed to do 3 sets of that, and oddly enough, the final set turned out to be the easiest.

So my current weight right now is 131 lbs., so I gained roughly 11 lbs. in ~2 months. It appears that most of those gains seemed to have gone to my stomach area (can't see my ribs anymore, which is awesome!), and my thighs. My arms are still as twig-like as ever, unfortunately (Mupepe, it's true I've been doing a lot of bicep workouts, but what I really want to do is make my forearms and wrists thicker. Fuck, if nothing else, if the only improvements my body would get would be those, I'd be pleased as punch).

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5868 on: August 31, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »
Your forearms will grow best with compound movements, not isolation. Stuff like pullups, deadlifts, overhead press and dips. And isolation exercises are harder to progress on than compound exercises. That's why curls are giving you the most trouble. Its more of an assistance exercise that you shouldnt worry about as much. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5869 on: August 31, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »
I do curls too so I'm not trying to be a dick by the way. Haha

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5870 on: August 31, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »
Just not in the squat rack

Oblivion

« Reply #5871 on: August 31, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
Your forearms will grow best with compound movements, not isolation. Stuff like pullups, deadlifts, overhead press and dips. And isolation exercises are harder to progress on than compound exercises. That's why curls are giving you the most trouble. Its more of an assistance exercise that you shouldnt worry about as much.

Ah, interesting. Well, I guess I'll stick to those workouts then!

I do curls too so I'm not trying to be a dick by the way. Haha

No worries, g. :heartbeat

Oblivion

« Reply #5872 on: September 02, 2013, 11:54:09 PM »
Day 5 -

Bench press: 3 sets of 10 at 65 lbs.
Pull ups: 3 sets of 8
Squats: 3 sets of 5 at 100 lbs.
Dead lifts: 1 set of 5 at 50 lbs.

The deadlifts I know I could have gone a good bit higher but I was trying to get my form right first. Probably the type of lift I'm scared of the most. The squats are about 10 lbs. higher than from last time, so that's good, I guess! (and good god, squats are a goddamned bitch, son!)

Also, I broke my record for most amount of days going to the gym after signing up. :rock

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5873 on: September 03, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »
Creatine is definitely more than a placebo.  I used to take it a lot, but I seem to get by without it now so what the hey.

Can you link me to your PWO?  I've been doing coffee as well but it doesn't seem to be doing much of anything anymore and I could definitely use a boos.  I assume sugar free?

Day 5 -

The deadlifts I know I could have gone a good bit higher but I was trying to get my form right first. Probably the type of lift I'm scared of the most. The squats are about 10 lbs. higher than from last time, so that's good, I guess! (and good god, squats are a goddamned bitch, son!)

Also, I broke my record for most amount of days going to the gym after signing up. :rock
Congrats man.  You should raise your lower body lifts by 10 lbs every session and upper body lifts by 5 lbs every session.

As for me, I failed trying to get 275x5 yesterday on squats.  I got 4, and got stuck at the bottom on the fifth.  I don't know what was up but it was just a bad day in general.  Blah.  It was still only my 3 rep week so I didn't fail 5/3/1.

Oblivion

« Reply #5874 on: September 05, 2013, 12:38:15 AM »
Creatine is definitely more than a placebo.  I used to take it a lot, but I seem to get by without it now so what the hey.

Can you link me to your PWO?  I've been doing coffee as well but it doesn't seem to be doing much of anything anymore and I could definitely use a boos.  I assume sugar free?

Day 5 -

Congrats man.  You should raise your lower body lifts by 10 lbs every session and upper body lifts by 5 lbs every session.

Thanks! So here's how day 6 went:

Squats: 110 lbs.
Overhead press: 60 lbs.
Dead lifts: 70 lbs.

Was totally thrilled on the squats. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it, but I managed to do so LIKE A BOSS. I feel invincible! 8)

Though, I do have to ask. Since all my exercises today dealt with the back muscles in some way, I suppose it's not surprising that it's kind of sore. However, as long as I'm not in any agonizing pain, I shouldn't have to worry about any serious damage, right?

nudemacusers

« Reply #5875 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:52 AM »
just starting hiit track running again after a number of years. lawd so slow and sluggy.  :'(
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5876 on: September 06, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »

Day 5 -

Was totally thrilled on the squats. I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it, but I managed to do so LIKE A BOSS. I feel invincible! 8)

Though, I do have to ask. Since all my exercises today dealt with the back muscles in some way, I suppose it's not surprising that it's kind of sore. However, as long as I'm not in any agonizing pain, I shouldn't have to worry about any serious damage, right?
What part of your back?  Is it sharp or dull?  Congrats brochacho

Oblivion

« Reply #5877 on: September 07, 2013, 12:58:09 AM »

Day 5 -

What part of your back?  Is it sharp or dull?  Congrats brochacho

It was dull, but seems to be all gone now.

Unfortunately...day 7 didn't go as well as I hoped. My legs didn't seem to fully heal from the last workout, and as a result, although I tried to increase my squat weight (120 lbs.), my form was a long ways off.

So how do I go from here? Do I try and continue increasing the weight next time around anyway, or do I keep doing it at 120 lbs. until I can do it perfectly?

On the plus side, I increased my bench press to 80 lbs. (I probably could have done 10 lbs. more, actually) and I did 3 sets of 10 chin ups without breaking a sweat.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5878 on: September 07, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »
Try 120 again (up to 2 more days) and if you still can't do it then drop the weight 10% and pick up from there. You might also think about dropping your assistance exercises for now. That will help your body recover from squats. Throw them back in after you have developed a good base from the compound lifts

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #5879 on: September 11, 2013, 07:20:37 AM »
So, for my own little update, I surprisingly didn't put on many pounds after my nearly three week vacation in August with all of its food indulging.

I'm solidly in the 191-192 lbs range, and have even hit 188lbs a few times first thing in the morning and postworkout.  I haven't seen the 180s on a scale since the end of 2009, I think.

Trying to get some running going, and my 3 mile times are still shitty, but dropping.

And last night I did two sets of 345x3 on deadlifts.  I never quite feel comfortable going all out to test my 1RM, so that's the most I've ever gone on DLs.
MMA