Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1867284 times)

Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19380 on: October 04, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »
Oh, the alcohol thing.  Yeah, that's probably BS.  But altitude sickness is a very real thing.

Oh, yeah. However, I would argue that -- and I could be off -- but isn't altitude sickness mainly applicable for periods during and shortly after quick ascents and descents? It's highly doubtful that a guy who flies as often as Obama does was really suffering from debilitating altitude sickness at Denver's 5,000 ft. altitude hours after arrival.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #19381 on: October 04, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »
maybe bams has a sickle cell trait.  that's why ryan clark can't play at bronco games because the high elevation and stress could kill him  :o

rofl
püp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19382 on: October 04, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
Mitt Romney: Easy on Wall Street, Tough on Sesame Street
dog

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #19383 on: October 04, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »

funny, the real obama didn't show up either

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #19384 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
pretty much
püp

Himu

« Reply #19385 on: October 04, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »

funny, the real obama didn't show up either

Craven politics, non-aggressive stance, "things will be different, promise!" rhetoric dressed up in pretty words? Naw, the real Obama was there.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #19386 on: October 04, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »
Jesus Christ himu, these people are fucking politicians.  You want a role model?  Go find somebody who volunteers at a fucking soup kitchen.  Oh, you'll probably discover they're a human being full of faults and contradictions too.

Seriously, I'm either gonna need you to a) come back to reality land or b) stfu about politics for the next month so I don't have to fucking goddamn murder you in the face.
yar

Trurl

« Reply #19387 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »
I wish I could deliver comebacks the day after an argument.  When I do it I get responses like "I must have really gotten to you last night.  :smug"

Oblivion

« Reply #19388 on: October 04, 2012, 10:17:56 PM »
Ma boy, Steve Benen has the best summary of the debate and Romney's "win":

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/10/04/14219336-the-triumph-of-style-over-substance?lite

Oblivion

« Reply #19389 on: October 05, 2012, 03:53:52 AM »
Holy shit:

:rofl :rofl

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19390 on: October 05, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »
Obama: "Sorry I didn't do so well in the debates, I was too busy saving the country." :smug

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news/economy/september-jobs-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
©@©™

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #19391 on: October 05, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
game set match

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19392 on: October 05, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
Job truthers are all already out en masse, saying Nobama and his Chicago gangsters are cooking the numbers. :lol
dog

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19393 on: October 05, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
Dudes I've been waiting for this day for years. I told a friend that if unemployment dropped under 8% republicans would either call it a conspiracy or start focusing on the u6 unemployment rate like LaRouche fans do. I can't wait for Drudge's afternoon spin

Imagine how they'd react if Romney won and this was say...December's bls report. They'd hail it as the beginning of the Romney recovery

« Reply #19394 on: October 05, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
Everything bad is Obama's fault.

Everything good is either falsified by Obama or he had nothing to do with it.
野球

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19395 on: October 05, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
This also came from the BLS report:

August was revised up from 96,000 to 142,000 and July was revised up to 181,000.
dog

« Reply #19396 on: October 05, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
This also came from the BLS report:

August was revised up from 96,000 to 142,000 and July was revised up to 181,000.

Lies. Obama should be impeached because of his treachery.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19397 on: October 05, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »
Right on cue, republicans are now arguing the "real" unemployment rate is actually 14% (U6 number).

Also, gotta love teh librul media. It's amazing how easily non-political stories like this can quickly be made "controversial" by the unsubstantiated complaints of a few people on the far right. Obama speaking to school children before the start of the semester? Controversy! White House acknowledgement of a Muslim or Indian holiday? Unprecedented! US Census run by the administration? Communism!

Sure the economy is political, but the fucking BLS is not. How hard is it to say "administrations do not influence the BLS, and it is a completely separate entity from the White House. Instead we get shit like this:
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/allen-west-president-obama-is-absolutely-hiding-real

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19398 on: October 05, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
©@©™

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #19399 on: October 05, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »
when I see those tweets about "Chicago style" I always think they mean University of Chicago and I get all  ???
QED

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19400 on: October 05, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Following Chicago-style numbers with dumbass-style reporting.
©ZH

« Reply #19401 on: October 05, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
Right on cue, republicans are now arguing the "real" unemployment rate is actually 14% (U6 number).

I just had a buddy go on about this in our little email circle. Right on cue.
野球

Oblivion

« Reply #19402 on: October 05, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
Businesses are gearing up in anticipation of a Romney presidency, as expected.

Why's everyone so shocked?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19403 on: October 05, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
when I see those tweets about "Chicago style" I always think they mean University of Chicago and I get all  ???

They really mean deep dish, you see.

Also, anyone remember back in 2004 when the household survey numbers looked better than (less volatile) employer survey numbers that are used for the headline jobs numbers?  And how Arnold Kling and a bunch of other conservatives said we should use those ones instead?  Any of them saying the same thing now that the household survey's showing an 800k+ gain? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #19404 on: October 05, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
I'm glad the right followed their surprisingly strong debate performance with an orgasm of conspiracy mongering.  Things feel ok in the world.
vin

Himu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19406 on: October 05, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
Family across the street put up a sign for Romney/Ryan. Mind you this is Texas, and also mind you, they have a severely autistic child who needs constant supervision, is 17 years old and is now in the 7th grade, and cannot talk. This could have been the very family with an autistic child that Obama brought up in the debates.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19407 on: October 05, 2012, 07:57:47 PM »
One of the most strident anti-Obama people I know (she told my friends and I to "vote for McCain because I don't want Obama taking all my money for the government") is a public school bus driver.  Shows no signs of awareness that there's any conflict.

Then again, there are a couple people who I'm pretty sure are flabbergasted that I, as a Jew, can support Obama and his abandonment of Israel.

Himu

« Reply #19408 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
I say the more Jews who support abandoning Israel the better. Keep on keepin' on, Mandy-san.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19409 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
A black family we're friends with are hardcore republicans. They've been working poor and living in the same housing project for more than 20 years; they've basically the real life Weasleys. Now, I wouldn't say all poor or working poor people should be democrats/liberals; you can be poor and support basic social, economic, etc tenets of any party you want. But this family has relied on government assistance in the past, and used various programs for the poor to gain health insurance. Yet not only are they hardcore GOPers, I've heard the parents constantly belittle black people as being "lazy" or dependent on government. I can't respect that shit.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19410 on: October 05, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
Unless your income level is Prole/DCharlie and up, I'm not sure why anyone would be a Republican. 
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #19411 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
oh my god

:rofl
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19412 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
Already posted, and on this very page!
dog

Himu

« Reply #19413 on: October 05, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »
Forgive me, Rumbler-san

IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #19414 on: October 05, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »
I-It's not like I'm voting Romney or anything, uguu~!
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19415 on: October 06, 2012, 12:37:06 AM »
another thing: can we tear down the Jack Welsh monuments for good, finally? This is a guy who made tons of money flubbing his own company's financial report numbers and advocating a fast paced sloppy form of financial transactions. He's the poster boy for Wall Street's biggest sins

So who better than him to be trotted out to disparage today's economic numbers. It has nothing to do with him "sullying" his image. This is who Jack Welsh has always been.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19416 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
🍆🍆

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #19417 on: October 06, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/presidential-debate-aftermath-mitt-romney-wins-all-important-bs-contest-20121005

Analysts like this were, however, right in a way. Romney did come across as the more confident and aggressive candidate, and Obama did come across as "wonky" and "lacking punch." Just visually and dramatically, Romney met the spectacle on its terms better than Obama did, much the way John F. Kennedy did in his celebrated debate with Richard Nixon. In that legendary meeting, radio viewers thought Nixon won, but TV viewers, blown away by Kennedy's smile and tan, thought was a landslide for the Democrat.

Journalists who cite that Nixon-Kennedy debate always forget that the lesson of that night is that the new broadcast media technology made superficiality and nonsense more important – that thanks to the press, it was now possible to get someone elected to the most powerful office on earth because he had a superior tan. Reporters love this story because it reminds everyone that the medium they work in has the power to overcome substance and decide elections all by itself. What's amazing is that they don't have the good sense to be ashamed of this.
AMC

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19418 on: October 06, 2012, 12:26:53 PM »
I watched Miami Vice on Netflix instead of the debate.  I'm glad I made the right decision.
🍆🍆

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #19419 on: October 06, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »
Hey man, Miami Wice is #1 new show

Himu

« Reply #19420 on: October 06, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »
I watched Miami Vice on Netflix instead of the debate.  I'm glad I made the right decision.

omg the tv show or the crappy movie?!
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19421 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »
The TV show.

I already voted, I knew Romney was going to be full of shit, and I know Obama has this election in the bag.  Combine that with the fact I don't watch TV and don't want to watch a stream on my laptop when there was a TV show I wanted to watch on my 60" TV after a long day of work.

I saw some clips and I don't think Romney really won, he just exceeded the extremely low expectations people had of him.  Considering his campaign has been one giant clusterfuck, a brief moment of competency threw everyone off.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #19422 on: October 06, 2012, 07:13:11 PM »
MIAMI VICE IS ON NETFLIX??!?!?!?!
IYKYK

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #19423 on: October 06, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
MIAMI VICE IS ON NETFLIX??!?!?!?!

Yes, on instant watch
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19425 on: October 06, 2012, 11:43:41 PM »
Snoop Dogg offers some political commentary:

dog

Beezy

« Reply #19426 on: October 07, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Someone on black twitter wrote that. # 8 in the left column is the best.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19427 on: October 08, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
From my FB feed:

A nation without borders is no nation at all. After decades of misguided policies America has now become a free-for-all. Our leaders betrayed the middle class which is forced to compete with welfare-receiving illegal immigrants who will work for almost anything, just because the standards in their home countries are even lower.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #19428 on: October 08, 2012, 11:51:31 AM »
One of the most strident anti-Obama people I know (she told my friends and I to "vote for McCain because I don't want Obama taking all my money for the government") is a public school bus driver.  Shows no signs of awareness that there's any conflict.

Then again, there are a couple people who I'm pretty sure are flabbergasted that I, as a Jew, can support Obama and his abandonment of Israel.

I think I remember reading that the second-largest voting block for Obama (behind black people of course) were Jews...
^_^

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19429 on: October 08, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
From my FB feed:

A nation without borders is no nation at all. After decades of misguided policies America has now become a free-for-all. Our leaders betrayed the middle class which is forced to compete with welfare-receiving illegal immigrants who will work for almost anything, just because the standards in their home countries are even lower.

If you think that's bad, just wait until they realize they don't have to work for welfare

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19430 on: October 08, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
From my FB feed:

Workers competing over increasingly lower-paying jobs, huh? Sounds like a capitalists wet-dream!
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #19431 on: October 08, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
tiesto: Yeah, us Jews vote overwhelmingly Democratic.  There have been reports about Obama having a problem with the Jewish vote, based on the reasoning that Jews only care about Israel, and caring about Israel means wanting to bomb Iran.  But it's all a bunch of nothing and Obama's still crushing Romney in that demo.

PD: And unlike most conservative chain emails/social media posts, this one has a clear origin! http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/border-security/  To be fair, it's a fan site.

GR: If only there were some way for workers to regain some bargaining leverage...

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19432 on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »
GR: If only there were some way for workers to regain some bargaining leverage...

We can start by lowering the taxes of their employers

« Reply #19433 on: October 08, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »
Mitt's performance in the debate reminds me of a high school student body speech. It's the jock guy who promises free pizza for everyone at lunch and more vending machines.

I've encountered a ton of classified school staff (ie. secretaries, bus drivers, etc.) who are hardcore conservatives that dislike the government. I stay quiet and don't got involved in their discussions outside my office, but it's interesting.
野球

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #19434 on: October 08, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
I have an uncle NYPD cop who just retired at like 45 who's a hardcore libertarian. And his wife is also a cop who will retire in a year or so.
AMC

Himu

« Reply #19435 on: October 08, 2012, 04:03:13 PM »
from my facebook friends feed:

Original poster (a girl): Won't vote for President. I am not interesting in Politics because they always lie! Where is the truth? What is the goal for USA? Why did people lose jobs?

a reply: rommey is not bad mike huckbee who is chritian he say better to vote rommey that way obama will loose this time no more obama , pray ask god ok our pastor ron in our church he say vote rep not dem that is all i know

another reply:  Hey sis, only praying and asking God that to vote for the next President. If you do not vote then could be mess up in the world. Please pray.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:11:08 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #19436 on: October 08, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »
from the "my pastor ron" person's wall:

Always though these people were just a joke. Never thought they actually existed. Aside from that fucktard college intellectual on my fb, I guess I just make friends with open-minded people.
IYKYK

« Reply #19437 on: October 08, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
That church could lose their tax-exempt status for shit like that.

Also, it's really painful to read those FB comments from a purely grammatical standpoint.
野球

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #19438 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »
That church could lose their tax-exempt status for shit like that.

Also, it's really painful to read those FB comments from a purely grammatical standpoint.

Doubtful. There was a story about like 1200 churches planning on officially endorsing candidates in the coming weeks, unafraid of the IRS doing anything.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/pulpit-freedom-sunday-pastors-defy-tax-rules-back-political-candidates_n_1948284.html?utm_hp_ref=religion

It's win win. If they get away with it, they'll continue doing it. If the IRS does anything, even to one church, guess who gets proclaimed an enemy of the Christian religion?

« Reply #19439 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
Emphasis on could. Nothing is going to happen, but I really wish they would.
野球