Author Topic: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics  (Read 1866167 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20520 on: October 25, 2012, 02:16:34 AM »
This is like the first time I've seen Leno in ages. Is he always this much of a cheerleader? He's like the white Funkmaster Flex  :-\

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: "A black sheriff?!": The Official Topic of Obama and New Era American Politics
« Reply #20521 on: October 25, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
Cincinnati Enquirer: "A new Ohio program intended to make voting easier could keep the presidential election in doubt until late November if the national outcome hinges on the state's 18 electoral votes."
"Under Secretary of State Jon Husted's initiative to send absentee ballot applications to nearly 7 million registered voters across Ohio, more than 800,000 people so far have asked for but not yet completed an absentee ballot for the Nov. 6 election. Anyone who does not return an absentee ballot, deciding instead to vote at the polls, will be required to cast a provisional ballot. That's so officials may verify that they did not vote absentee and also show up at the polls."

"By state law, provisional ballots may not be counted until at least Nov. 17. That means if Ohio's electoral votes would be decisive in the race between President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the state could keep the nation in suspense for several weeks after the election."

I know what scenario I am rooting for.

Himu

IYKYK

Trurl

« Reply #20523 on: October 25, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »
Perhaps it's because I live in a rural area, but I don't get why so many people are voting by mail.  If you want to vote early why not go directly to your board of elections if you are able?  It just seems potentially troublesome to have unprecedented numbers of people send in a request for an absentee ballot, wait for it to be to be delivered, fill it out and then mail it back in time to be counted.  I'm expecting to see more and more nervous people on the internet who haven't received their ballot.

Himu

« Reply #20524 on: October 25, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
People are doing absentee ballots because of Romney voting fraud corruption.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20525 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
That moment when you find out your entire family is voting for a different presidential candidate than you.  :-\

why the fuck are you voting for romney?
fat

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #20526 on: October 25, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »
Cincinnati Enquirer: "A new Ohio program intended to make voting easier could keep the presidential election in doubt until late November if the national outcome hinges on the state's 18 electoral votes."
"Under Secretary of State Jon Husted's initiative to send absentee ballot applications to nearly 7 million registered voters across Ohio, more than 800,000 people so far have asked for but not yet completed an absentee ballot for the Nov. 6 election. Anyone who does not return an absentee ballot, deciding instead to vote at the polls, will be required to cast a provisional ballot. That's so officials may verify that they did not vote absentee and also show up at the polls."

"By state law, provisional ballots may not be counted until at least Nov. 17. That means if Ohio's electoral votes would be decisive in the race between President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the state could keep the nation in suspense for several weeks after the election."

I know what scenario I am rooting for.

Brooks Brothers Riot II: Electric Bugaloo
yar

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #20529 on: October 25, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »
What do you all think of Gary Johnston? Was reading his policies after my date last nite (yes the bioware fangirl from the TV show) mentioned she was a supporter. Seems like he's got most of Paul's good ideas with a lot less of the craziness inherent... though I can't really vote for anyone who wants to axe military R&D so much...
^_^

Himu

« Reply #20530 on: October 25, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »
Gary Johnson wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve and the Department of Education.

All you need to know.
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #20531 on: October 25, 2012, 01:47:33 PM »
Most libertarian domestic policies seem toxic and only possible in imaginary, idealized worlds.

She sounds fun.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #20532 on: October 25, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20533 on: October 25, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20534 on: October 25, 2012, 02:54:41 PM »
Bams up quite a bit in Wisconsin, holds a steady lead in Iowa as well according to PPP.

Oh, and also according to them, NC is TIED now.

püp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20536 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »
Bams up quite a bit in Wisconsin, holds a steady lead in Iowa as well according to PPP.

(Image removed from quote.)

ppp leans democratic... they're kind of the yin to rasmussen's yang.  I would discount NC going to Obama this cycle, probably not going to happen.  The other stuff is good news, though.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20537 on: October 25, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »
Hasn't Nate Silver said PPP had a slight republican lean in 08, whereas Ras has a 1-2% lean

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #20538 on: October 25, 2012, 04:39:27 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

ppp leans democratic... they're kind of the yin to rasmussen's yang.  I would discount NC going to Obama this cycle, probably not going to happen.  The other stuff is good news, though.

erm not really.  as per silver they have a .5 lean dem.

Also from PPP today: 51-47 Obama in Colorade.  hnnnnnnnng
püp

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #20539 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
the Ohio provisional ballot stuff is pretty annoying.  Hopefully the amount of people asking for a provisional ballet is negligible.

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #20540 on: October 25, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »
the Ohio provisional ballot stuff is pretty annoying.  Hopefully the amount of people asking for a provisional ballet is negligible.

Hopefully Obama wins NH, VA, NV and no one gives a fuck about Ohio

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #20541 on: October 25, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
___

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20542 on: October 25, 2012, 06:03:18 PM »
I'd definitely vote for a man who understands the value of a good corn dog.
dog

Oblivion

« Reply #20543 on: October 25, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »
So one of my pro-choice, uber feminist co-workers says she's worried that Romney may reverse Roe v. Wade if he becomes president, but is thinking about voting for him anyway cause she thinks he'll be better with the economy on account of him being a businessman.

We all got our priorities, I guess.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #20544 on: October 25, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
she aint much of a feminist if she's voting repub, thats for sure
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20545 on: October 25, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »
So one of my pro-choice, uber feminist co-workers says she's worried that Romney may reverse Roe v. Wade if he becomes president, but is thinking about voting for him anyway cause she thinks he'll be better with the economy on account of him being a businessman.

adklglkasdghsdiohgosuidhohdlkjklsdjklghlkahjhudfhjkvnjniuohbrwuibgabugibkabg

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH, I'M OUT
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #20546 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »

adklglkasdghsdiohgosuidhohdlkjklsdjklghlkahjhudfhjkvnjniuohbrwuibgabugibkabg

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH, I'M OUT

"when the economy improves, it will be easier than ever to afford a trip to Mexico!"
乱学者

Himu

« Reply #20547 on: October 25, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
When the economy improves she'll be able to afford a move to Saudi Arabia where they'll have a far more progressive women's rights movement (in comparison to America) after the presidency of Mitt Romney!
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #20548 on: October 25, 2012, 10:50:54 PM »
When the economy improves she'll be able to afford a move to Saudi Arabia where they'll have a far more progressive women's rights movement (in comparison to America) after the presidency of Mitt Romney!

But only if a male relative drives her to the airport to board the plane to Saudi Arabia.
©@©™

Barry Egan

« Reply #20549 on: October 25, 2012, 11:53:33 PM »

Don't put me in the position of having to defend Mitt Romney Himu, jeez.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20550 on: October 26, 2012, 01:02:37 AM »

Rolling Stone: Have you ever read Ayn Rand?

Obama: Sure.

RS: What do you think Paul Ryan's obsession with her work would mean if he were vice president?

O: Well, you'd have to ask Paul Ryan what that means to him. Ayn Rand is one of those things that a lot of us, when we were 17 or 18 and feeling misunderstood, we'd pick up. Then, as we get older, we realize that a world in which we're only thinking about ourselves and not thinking about anybody else, in which we're considering the entire project of developing ourselves as more important than our relationships to other people and making sure that everybody else has opportunity – that that's a pretty narrow vision.

It's not one that, I think, describes what's best in America. Unfortunately, it does seem as if sometimes that vision of a "you're on your own" society has consumed a big chunk of the Republican Party.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obama-and-the-road-ahead-the-rolling-stone-interview-20121025?print=true

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #20551 on: October 26, 2012, 04:35:32 AM »
One really encouraging thing from the past couple of weeks has been Elizabeth Warren pretty much (hopefully) locking up her election.  It's just really weird and borderline offensive to have a Republican himbo in Teddy's seat.
yar

Himu

« Reply #20552 on: October 26, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
um.

lol.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:51:33 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20553 on: October 26, 2012, 07:27:43 AM »
Michigan ramblings: I can't figure out Proposal 6 because of the definition of "international bridges and tunnels" though I'm leaning towards it just because of any clusterfuck potential. But I hate the people for it and against it. (Not that I need to vote for it but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out if that provision actually is an issue or was just No folks FUD.)

Gary is a viable write-in because they got the signatures. I know nobody here wants to, but just in case it's mark the bubble and then Gary Johnson above James P. Gray like the on-ballot candidates. Still sucks that Boman is the ballot status candidate. Maybe I'll vote for Rocky to help keep Natural Law on the ballot, he was solid in the "debate" and everyone wants the party off the ballot.

Just because I looked into it and we have some Michigan folks, here are the actual parties of the Supreme Court candidates:
Democrat: Connie Marie Kelley*, Bridget Mary McCormack*
Republican: Stephen Markman*, Colleen O'Brien
Libertarian: Kerry Morgan, Bob Roddis (I think, he might be Cons/Taxpayers but he's a Ron Paulite in either case, his website is barely about being a judge/justice and just a rant about fiat money)
Natural Law: Doug Dern

Democrat: Sheila Johnson
Republican: Brian Zahra*
Taxpayers: Mindy Barry (Constitution Party in every other state)

*=supported by the police union

Oh, and if you aren't aware, you can go to http://michigan.gov/vote and type in your info and it'll give you a sample ballot with links to websites/fundraising info and all your local millage, candidates and crap. Can print it out and such. Michigan is one of the better states at this.

Speaking of that third party "debate", I went back to see if you guys had mentioned it since I haven't been around for a while and in case anyone wants to see it:

Actual "debate" starts like an hour and five minutes in. Larry King forgot they were supposed to make opening statements, so those happen after the first question.

If anyone figures out why he has two mugs and a glass of water...

This is the Libertarian candidate for Senate in Maine:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:32:21 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #20554 on: October 26, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
This is also a good site if anyone hasn't seen it, especially on ballot proposals/measures/etc.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I have some friends whose states didn't have good info or hid it behind shit, but you can get basic info and often links from this.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20555 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:51 AM »
Bloomberg: "It would take about 80 days of nonstop viewing to see all 58,235 of the typically 30-second Ohio presidential advertisements that have aired in the last month."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-26/ohio-sees-enough-campaign-ads-to-air-nonstop-for-80-days.html

Its .. almost .. over.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:33:44 AM by ToxicAdam »

benjipwns

« Reply #20556 on: October 26, 2012, 08:35:44 AM »
I've only seen two or three Presidential ads, all Obama, all at 3AM during Red Eye on Faux.

But the proposal ads, dear god. I almost want to vote for whoever the GOP dope is just because Wigglesworth keeps showing up.

ToxicAdam

« Reply #20557 on: October 26, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »
Current TV, the ratings-challenged cable network started by former Vice President Al Gore, has put itself up for sale, the New York Post reports

King of All Media :bow

Poor Al, another transaction that won't end with a happy ending.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:56:33 PM by ToxicAdam »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20558 on: October 26, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »
Al Gore is too busy being Emperor of the Moon to deal with petty earth TV.
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20559 on: October 26, 2012, 04:10:35 PM »
I wonder how Current TV would have done under a prolonged republican administration. It would have been funny watching them go crazy over President McCain's drone strikes and kill lists, lamenting if only Obama had won he could have dismantled the secret wars

« Reply #20560 on: October 26, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
I like a lot of the documentary programming Current shows.
野球

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20561 on: October 26, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »

Oblivion

« Reply #20562 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:40 PM »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
乱学者

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Barry Egan

« Reply #20565 on: October 26, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »
As a left-leaning voter I know fox news guys are supposed to be disturbing, but I find wolf blitzer the most awful newscaster.  Everything he says and does comes across as brain dead.  Like, I can understand working for an organization like CNN and slanting everything towards the center because that's what the people with the money told you to do, but at least have some self-awareness about it. 

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #20566 on: October 26, 2012, 07:43:51 PM »
I have a statistician friend who dies a little every time margin of error shows a tie when they have weeks of corroborating data showing that the margin of error isn't actually there.
vin

Oblivion

« Reply #20567 on: October 26, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #20568 on: October 26, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »
Obama has been ahead in EV at every point during the election - but it's possible all those votes are wrong. In the same direction. Forever.
乱学者

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #20569 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
Early voting starts in Florida tomorrow. I'll either drag my ass down there tomorrow or Monday.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Oblivion

« Reply #20572 on: October 26, 2012, 08:58:27 PM »
My favorite part was the scene with John McCain. :rofl

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20573 on: October 26, 2012, 09:17:33 PM »
What the fuck happened to Conan? Why is he so orange?

He made a promise to fans last week during the Night of Too Many Stars telethon to don dreads in return for donations to autism research. So it was a win-win deal.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20574 on: October 26, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
Would you rather have your country back or some baby back?
©@©™

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20575 on: October 26, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
Obama has been ahead in EV at every point during the election - but it's possible all those votes are wrong. In the same direction. Forever.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #20576 on: October 26, 2012, 09:40:07 PM »
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-far-left-turns-to-nate-silver-for-wisdom-on-the-polls?cid=db_articles

Nate Silver is a man of very small stature, a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice that sounds almost exactly like the “Mr. New Castrati” voice used by Rush Limbaugh on his program. In fact, Silver could easily be the poster child for the New Castrati in both image and sound.

Haha, I can't believe it took almost four paragraphs to get to "Well, he's a total fag, so his predictions must be wrong."
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20577 on: October 26, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
Just look at this smarmy poof:

What a total fairy. Now, get a big, honking look at a REAL man:

Oh my, I think I'm getting the vapors!
dog

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #20578 on: October 26, 2012, 09:52:18 PM »
Oh God, scroll down and read Chambers' reply to the beating he's taking in FB comments.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20579 on: October 26, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »
After looking at Mr. Chambers' facebook I'm starting to wonder if he's the ultimate troll. His favorite books are the Bible and Green Eggs & Ham. His interests also include working out, cooking, and "health and wellness." This can't be real :rofl