Author Topic: Sales Bore | Media Create And Other Sale Numbers |OT|  (Read 1188707 times)

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Re: Next-Gen Sales Thread |OT| We already sold all the sales. Sorry.
« Reply #7800 on: November 28, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »
I haven't played a vidya this year that wasn't on my phone #partoftheproblem

Although I did buy a couple PC games that I won't ever play
dur

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7801 on: November 28, 2016, 12:17:17 AM »
I picked up Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided this week for $25. Keep sending your multi-million dollar AAA titles to die, publishers. :rejoice
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7802 on: November 28, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »
https://t.co/ymfImtz7Q4

Shadow of Mordor GOTY ( steam key but have 2 buy through uplay ) 1$.70 cents
What

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7803 on: December 03, 2016, 07:57:26 PM »
Outside of usually one, maybe two games per year I only buy when they're at least 50% off.  This is the first time I didn't buy a Forza game at launch.  Most of my friends are the same way.  $10 - $20 is usually the sweet spot for me to pick up a game as sad as it sounds.

Bebpo

« Reply #7804 on: December 07, 2016, 02:08:07 PM »
Ok, so FFXV tanked in Japan as expected.  650-700k opening sales down down from like 1.3-1.5 million FFXIII opening down from like 2-3 million opening at FF primes.  For reference, 650k opening is FFXIII-2 level.  If you count FFXIII-2 as a real FF game like X-2 (I sorta do), then this is just sorta par for course decline. 

Reasons are a million and gaf has a whole fight on what's behind it.  XV's still the highest selling PS4 game in Japan fwiw, but if the series declines any further it's in trouble. 

My personal thoughts on things that contributed towards FF's decline in Japan:

-No steady flow of mainline titles to keep brand awareness of the last decade.
-LR & XV both being non-traditional jrpgs.  While the west is over turn-based dungeon/town/cutscenes rpgs, Japan is still resistant to change.  Pokemon, Persona, DQ still sell well in Japan and all 3 follow traditional jrpg structure.
-Japanese tastes have changed over the years, Japan likes cute girls and social links
-open world rpgs are still fairly niche in Japan.  Xenoblade X also did abysmal sales and suffered from a lot of the same flaws as FFXV it seems showing Japanese developers are having trouble working a traditional jrpg heavy narrative into an open world structure.
-XIII/XIII-2/LR all being less than amazing probably didn't help (although I thought XIII-2 was a lot of fun personally; haven't played LR)
-PS4 sales are still not super strong.  Persona 5 did 550k opening which was great, but a bunch of that was PS3 sales.  PS4 only titles aren't struggling but are definitely down.  A PS3 version of XV would've helped some.
-Also XIII wasn't released digitally and digital sales have been growing in Japan.  My guess out of nowhere for Japanese digital sales ratio on mainstream titles is probably around 10-20%, so maybe add another 100k which doesn't really change anything.
-XV demos probably didn't leave a great impression
-Games are too fucking expensive.  I hardly see anyone talk about this, but when your games are $90+ it effects a lot of people.  This is one reason imo why F2P mobile stuff is booming in Japan.  The economy still is weak over there, people can't find jobs and live with their parents, and you're asking people to spend $90 on a game that might be crap?  I think this also has some effect on the stronger handheld market in Japan since handheld games are typically about 2/3rds the price of console games.  I really think there needs to be some discussion at some point about full price games in the industry and F2P isn't the alternative.  Ratchet & Clank PS4 did well at $40, The Last Guardian would've probably done well at $40, at $60 I have a feeling TLG is going to tank.

Probably missed some stuff, but those are all my thoughts on what happened.  I haven't played XV yet, and since they're still making the game apparently, I might hold off for 6 months until they finish it, but yeah FF is a strong selling series (It's still top10 selling franchises after Pokemon, DQ, Yokai Watch, Monster Hunter and maybe one or two other series) and I can't see SE just abandoning big mainline FF titles because that'd be like Atlus abandoning P5 when it's selling its highest right now, BUT I think SE is going to buckle down on budgets.  FFXV's lack of CG and other budget conscious decisions is a step in that direction.  I think we're gonna see tight 3 year dev cycles, hardly any CG, smaller scope for FF mainlines.  I also think they're not going to go back to traditional structure jrpgs because they'd rather double down and focus more on the much larger worldwide market than try to become a big seller in Japan again to the detriment of western sales.

But yeah, right now the problem is SE has no staff free.  KH team is doing KH3, FFXIV team is still working FFXIV or spinoffs like DQB2, a smaller team is working with CC2 on FFVII Remake and FFXV team is still working on finishing FFXV & DLC.  As much as it'd be nice for FFXV to be "fixed" into a better game, it might make more sense for SE to just cut FFXV off as is, let it be a mess and then start fresh on FFXVI ASAP with full production to be out in 3 years.  2017 could be KH3, 2018 FFVII-1, and 2019 for FFXVI would be a better solution imo than 3 years of FFXV stuff and FFXVI being 5-6 years off.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7805 on: December 07, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »
Here's my personal thoughts on things that contributed towards FF's decline in Japan:

-Everyone is on mobile now and doesn't give a shit about consoles.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #7806 on: December 08, 2016, 02:07:51 AM »
Everyone is on mobile but persona 5 grew while FF declined. It's more than mobile.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7807 on: December 08, 2016, 02:25:43 AM »
I feel like that actually proves it's mobile among other things.

A niche otaku favorite grew on a otaku system, while a casual friendly series had a decline.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:31:35 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #7808 on: December 08, 2016, 02:43:30 AM »
MGSV maintained too.  It's not just mobile.  That's a part of it, but you don't drop from 1.5 million to almost half that because mobile is bigger now.  Then again, like I said, I count FFXIII-2 as sorta mainline entry and FF had already dropped to this level so maybe FFXV is maintaining and the huge FF drop was between FFXIII and FFXIII-2 which in that case probably would be a reaction to FFXIII.

If DQXI didn't have the 3DS version coming out beforehand and was just a console PS4 game, I bet it'd do pretty alright and nothing like these FFXV numbers.  It's FF or FFXV or a combo of both.

Bebpo

« Reply #7809 on: December 08, 2016, 02:49:33 AM »
It's also interesting that someone on gaf posted that all the Japanese friends they had who didn't buy FFXV said "FF is too hard to play these days"; we bitch and complain about the dumbing down of difficult games (hell even Persona and SMT are easy mainstream now) and making games easy to steamroll (I hear FFXV is a joke if you do the side content), but if you want those mainstream dollars, people just want to press a button to win now :|

Another observation I have is I wonder if the reason why Japanese gamer tastes prefer turn-based is that when you're used to gaming on a train or out and about, it's much easier to play a game where you have no time pressure and you can sit, choose your next move and then watch it play out.  Whereas arpg/action requires constant attention and so it seems "hard" to keep track and less relaxing.  Then again Monster Hunter sells huge and is an action game and portable so I dunno.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7810 on: December 08, 2016, 07:43:17 AM »
You guys are making it seem like Persona 5 had massive sales.

It sold 337,767 copies, on both PS3 and PS4 combined, in its first week.  Up from Persona 4's 192,812, sure, but nothing spectacular.

I'd say the mobile market being much bigger than the dying console market in japan definitely is the bigger take away here.

It's all drying up.  Game stores are closing down or getting smaller.   I meant it when I said that it was almost depressing going to stores and arcades the last couple of times I went over there in the past year.  :-\

Maybe the Switch being a portable will help...but frankly I doubt it.  You just can't compete with phones.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:48:23 AM by bork pls »
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #7811 on: December 08, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »

It sold 337,767 copies, on both PS3 and PS4 combined, in its first week.  Up from Persona 4's 192,812, sure, but nothing spectacular.

That's actually pretty good for a niche series in Japan.

I mean that's not to say that you're not right about Japan being mobile country now a days. It is. But I mean in perspective, Persona growing while still being "niche" is an amazing/good thing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:45:26 AM by thisismyusername »

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #7812 on: December 08, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »

I'd say the mobile market being much bigger than the dying console market in japan definitely is the bigger take away here.

It's all drying up.  Game stores are closing down or getting smaller.   I meant it when I said that it was almost depressing going to stores and arcades the last couple of times I went over there in the past year.  :-\

Maybe the Switch being a portable will help...but frankly I doubt it.  You just can't compete with phones.

Wonder if Nintendo will allow a big app ecosystem in with all the major communication/social media apps and mobile games while also doing a 4G version for Japan. Stuff like 4G and Skype intergration is probably one of the only things that kept Vita (barely) alive over there and might broaden its appeal since part of the reason phone gaming is so popular over there is that people live by their phones and the games you only have to invest as much as you want into them since they are F2P. Offering a device that offers both your mobile games and the big AAA's along with the apps you need for life (Outside of calls, natch) might be enough to start getting people into Switch in Japan.

Meanwhile, Square is probably going to look for a way to hammer Luminous into Switch Hardware and eagerly awaiting the "Deploy to Switch" menu in Unreal 4. Dragon Quest XI would be straight money if they had it ready in time for Switch launch. 

thisismyusername

« Reply #7813 on: December 08, 2016, 08:59:44 AM »
Wasn't it 3G and that option was dropped pretty quickly? I can't recall any Japanese games supporting that option post-launch. If I remember right, most of that support was for async. gameplay. You'd do a turn, send it via 3G to another person and they'd do a turn and send it back.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7814 on: December 08, 2016, 09:00:29 AM »

Is Persona really a "niche series" with all the marketing, games, toys, TV show, etc.?
ど助平

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #7815 on: December 08, 2016, 09:01:14 AM »
Wasn't it 3G and that option was dropped pretty quickly? I can't recall any Japanese games supporting that option post-launch. If I remember right, most of that support was for async. gameplay. You'd do a turn, send it via 3G to another person and they'd do a turn and send it back.

True. I forgot it was 3G.

4G is probably way more viable an option that I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't have that option available.

Tasty

« Reply #7816 on: December 08, 2016, 01:03:55 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #7818 on: December 08, 2016, 06:05:41 PM »

Is Persona really a "niche series" with all the marketing, games, toys, TV show, etc.?

I dunno about specifically in Japan, but in the west it totally is. SMT in general has been second fiddle with Final Fantasy from what I remember about how the series is received in Japan.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7819 on: December 08, 2016, 06:26:27 PM »
Persona 5 is going to do well here. Not CoD or even FF numbers but good. We have pre-order cards for it at Target for some reason.

Himu

« Reply #7820 on: December 08, 2016, 06:40:50 PM »
Persona 5 not doing niche 250k traditional jrpg numbers will be something to see
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #7822 on: December 10, 2016, 02:51:15 AM »
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #7823 on: December 10, 2016, 04:01:02 AM »
u cared enough to post :lol

here a gif for u

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 04:14:18 AM by Premium Lager »

Trent Dole

Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7825 on: December 10, 2016, 07:01:26 AM »
Go cry moar about Let it Die being a PS exclusive

Seems jap devs currr

maybe u can play halo 12 instead or some other game people outside the states dont care about

:umad

Trent Dole

« Reply #7826 on: December 10, 2016, 03:48:34 PM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:16:59 PM by Trent Dole »
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7827 on: December 10, 2016, 04:27:21 PM »
Just go play mario on your phone

oh wait you have gettodroid another loser platform with no support

do you even play games?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7828 on: December 11, 2016, 01:34:32 AM »
Why even edit your post if I quoted it. Are you distinguished mentally-challenged?

Himu

« Reply #7829 on: December 11, 2016, 02:44:27 AM »
 :dunno

:crazy
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7830 on: December 11, 2016, 03:04:46 AM »
I don't even know why there's still an xbox.  The One is even more useless than the Wii U.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:31:54 AM by Rahxephon91 »

thisismyusername

« Reply #7831 on: December 11, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »
oh wait you have gettodroid another loser platform with no support

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nostalgiaemulators.neslite&hl=en

:umad

Even if it wasn't included in the app store, since Android is Linux, he could root it and set up an emulator that way. You have to bend over backwards on iPhone to "jailbreak" it to do similar.

Mobile Platform stannery is just as bad as console stannery.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #7832 on: December 11, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
I don't even know why there's still an xbox.  The One is even more useless than the Wii U.

I'm more shocked there's a Scorpio. I was thinking after the failure and redundancy of the One, and the push for Win 10, that MS would focus primarily on the PC market.

The first few years of the 360 were probably the pinnacle of MS in the console race, but then once they started focusing on Kinect and nothing but Halo/Gears/Forza, they lost a lot of what made those years special.
^_^

Himu

« Reply #7833 on: December 11, 2016, 12:58:32 PM »
doesn't x1 have a lot of niche stuff like sunset overdrive and d3? xbox one has better exclusives to me than ps4. If you're not looking for a pc, x1 would be a good system if you find those exclusives more enticing. not that i agree with it, but i can understand it. this idea that there's no reason to own an x1 is confirmation bias. People say, why buy an x1 when you can buy its games on pc? You can say the same thing about ps4. i got a ps4 for shenmue III and that's coming out on pc as well. A lot of ps4 "exclusives" are like that. but some reason, that's only a problem if the x1 does it?

complaining about ms and game variety makes no sense in light of the xbox one. You know, the system with the phantom dust remaster, d3, sunset overdrive, killer instict;etc on it.

Not supporting MS' console just stating some facts. It appears a lot of people agree too since Scorpio is selling more than the PS4 Pro.
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7834 on: December 11, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »
Not supporting MS' console just stating some facts. It appears a lot of people agree too since Scorpio is selling more than the PS4 Pro.

what?

I assume you mean xbox s since Scorpio is next year, and Xbox is getting wrecked by PS4 hard.

Its 2:1 worldwide and gap is getting bigger every day

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #7835 on: December 11, 2016, 01:06:34 PM »
is the one a failure? Anecdotally I know one person with a PS4 and everyone else has Xbox

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7836 on: December 11, 2016, 01:07:37 PM »
Well One is at 25 million PS4 at 50.

Himu

« Reply #7837 on: December 11, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »

what?

I assume you mean xbox s since Scorpio is next year, and Xbox is getting wrecked by PS4 hard.

Its 2:1 worldwide and gap is getting bigger every day

i wasn't talking about ltd, but in recent months it is better selling than the ps4.

i thought xbox one s was the scorpio. shows how much i pay attention to games these days.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7838 on: December 11, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »
doesn't x1 have a lot of niche stuff
Not at all..Nothing compared to the PS4.

like sunset overdrive and d3? xbox one has better exclusives to me than ps4.
Sunset Overdrive is not niche or wasn't meant to be. It's also not a very good game. D3 is about the only thing you have. The Phantom Dust Remaster is'nt happening. And really the Xbox One has better exclusives?

Upcoming PS4 Console Exclusives:
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Atlus)
Ace Combat 7 (Bandai Namco)
Akiba’s Beat (XSEED Games)
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey (Koei Tecmo)
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (Koei Tecmo)
Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions (Gust)
City Shrouded in Shadow (Bandai Namco)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision)
Danganronpa 1•2 Reload (NIS America)
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (NIS America)
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NIS America)
Dark Rose Valkyrie (Idea Factory International)
Days Gone (SIE)
Death Stranding (SIE)
Detroit: Become Human (SIE)
Digimon World: Next Order (Bandai Namco)
Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories (Granzella)
DJMAX Respect (Neowiz Games)
Dragon Quest Heroes II (Square Enix)
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time [Console Ver.] (Square Enix)
Dreams (SIE)
Earth Defense Force 5 (D3 Publisher)
Farpoint (SIE)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (XSEED Games)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix)
God of War (SIE)
Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link (Cygames)
Gran Turismo Sport (SIE)
Gravity Rush 2 (SIE)
Gundam Versus (Bandai Namco)
Horizon: Zero Dawn (SIE)
Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (Square Enix)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix (Square Enix)
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue (Square Enix)
Knack 2 (SIE)
The Last of Us Part II (SIE)
MLB: The Show 17 (SIE)
Musou Stars (Koei Tecmo)
New Hot Shots Golf (SIE)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Koei Tecmo)
NieR: Automata (Square Enix)
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (Bandai Namco)
Nioh (SIE)
Persona 5 (Atlus)
Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo)
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (XSEED Games)
 SG/ZH School Girl/Zombie Hunter (D3 Publisher)
Shenmue III (Ys Net)
The Silver Case (NIS America)
Spider-Man (SIE)
Sudden Strike 4 (Kalypso Media)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (Gaijinworks)
Super Robot Wars V (Bandai Namco)
Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco)
Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (Falcom)
Touhou Genso Wanderer (NIS America)
Toukiden 2 (Koei Tecmo)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (SIE)
Valkyria: Azure Revolution (Sega)
WipEout Omega Collection (SIE)
Yakuza 0 (Sega)
Yakuza: Kiwami (Sega)
Yakuza 6 (Sega)
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom)
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Aksys Games)

Current:
Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed (XSEED Games)
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Koei Tecmo)
Blade Arcus from Shining EX (Sega)
BlazBlue: Central Fiction (Aksys Games)
Bloodborne (SIE)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (Koei Tecmo)
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess (Koei Tecmo)
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition (Sega)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (Bandai Namco)
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (NIS America)
Dragon Quest Builders (Square Enix)
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below (Square Enix)
Driveclub (SIE)
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (Koei Tecmo)
Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (XSEED Games)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (Aksys Games)
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (Idea Factory)
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (Square Enix)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix)
God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco)
God of War III Remastered (SIE)
Grand Kingdom (NIS America)
Gravity Rush Remastered (SIE)
Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Aksys Games)
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (Aksys Games)
Gundam Breaker 3 (Bandai Namco)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (Sega)
Helldivers Super-Earth Ultimate Edition (SIE)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (SIE)
Journey: Collector’s Edition (SIE)
J-Stars Victory VS+ (Bandai Namco)
Killing Floor 2 (Deep Silver)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (SIE)
The King of Fighters XIV (Atlus)
Knack (SIE)
The Last Guardian (SIE)
The Last of Us Remastered (SIE)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (SIE)
MLB: The Show 14 (SIE)
MLB: The Show 15 (SIE)
MLB: The Show 16 (SIE)
MotoGP 14 (Bandai Namco)
MXGP 14 (Bandai Namco)
Nights of Azure (Koei Tecmo)
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel (XSEED GAmes
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence (Koei Tecmo)
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence – Ascension (Koei Tecmo)
No Man’s Sky (Hello Games)
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (Atlus)
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (XSEED Games)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco)
The Order: 1886 (SIE)
Ratchet & Clank (SIE)
Republique (GungHo Online Entertainment)
Robinson: The Journey (Crytek)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (Koei Tecmo)
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League (SIE)
Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo)
Samurai Warriors 4-II (Koei Tecmo)
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires (Koei Tecmo)
Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi (Capcom)
Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den (Capcom)
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (XSEED Games)
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (Square Enix)
Street Fighter V (Capcom)
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers (Bandai Namco)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Bandai Namco)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Bandai Namco)
Tales of Zestiria (Bandai Namco)
Tearaway Unfolded (SIE)
Toukiden: Kiwami (Koei Tecmo)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (SIE)
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (SIE)
Until Dawn (SIE)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE)
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (Sega)
The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition (NIS America)
World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
Yakuza: Ishin (Sega)

Xbox:
Upcoming:
Crackdown 3 (Microsoft)
Halo Wars 2 (Microsoft)
Sea of Thieves (Microsoft)
State of Decay 2 (Microsoft)
Scalebound (Microsoft)

Current:
Dead Rising 3 (Microsoft)
Dead Rising 4 (Microsoft)
Fantasia: Music Evolved (Disney Interactive)
Fighter Within (Ubisoft)
Forza Horizon 2 (Microsoft)
Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Microsoft)
Gears of War 4 (Microsoft)
Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Microsoft)
Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft)
Kinect Sports Rivals (Microsoft)
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)
Powerstar Golf (Microsoft)
Project Spark (Microsoft)
Quantum Break (Microsoft)
Rare Replay (Microsoft)
ReCore (Microsoft)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
ScreamRide (Microsoft)
Shape Up (Ubisoft)
State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition (Microsoft)
Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft)
Titanfall (EA)
Zoo Tycoon (Microsoft)
D3

Yeah don't see how you could say Xbox has more exclusives. Especially more niche exclusives. You really have to like Halo, Gears, and Forza to find the xbox worthwhile.

complaining about ms and game variety makes no sense in light of the xbox one. You know, the system with the phantom dust remaster, d3, sunset overdrive, killer instict;etc on it.
Um no, as someone who actually has an xbox it makes complete sense. Most of the big xbox games are the same games that have been the big xbox games since the 360. A few small efforts don't change the argument and at the end of the day the only real argument you have for is D3. One game.

Scorpio is'nt out.

Tasty

« Reply #7839 on: December 11, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »

:dead

Rahx's Redemption :rejoice

Tasty

« Reply #7840 on: December 11, 2016, 07:28:26 PM »
Am I dummy for wanting a One S or PS4 Slim instead of the big bad beefy Scorpio/Pro?

As a Nintard graphics don't really do it for me and I'd rather have a smaller, cheaper, quieter system with lower power intake.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #7841 on: December 11, 2016, 10:19:56 PM »
The Bone is totally worthless, that I can agree with.  However the PS4 is still doing pretty shitty for a supposed market leader console.

:bow low expectations :bow2
🍆🍆

Trent Dole

« Reply #7842 on: December 11, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
Am I dummy for wanting a One S or PS4 Slim instead of the big bad beefy Scorpio/Pro?

As a Nintard graphics don't really do it for me and I'd rather have a smaller, cheaper, quieter system with lower power intake.
In one of these threads somewhere somebody posted a video where they put a bunch of people in front of two tvs with one running a regular ps4 and the other a pro and asked them to figure out which is which, most didn't see that much of a difference and felt for the difference in price the improvements aren't really worth it. :doge
Hi

Tasty

« Reply #7843 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »

In one of these threads somewhere somebody posted a video where they put a bunch of people in front of two tvs with one running a regular ps4 and the other a pro and asked them to figure out which is which, most didn't see that much of a difference and felt for the difference in price the improvements aren't really worth it. :doge

Yeah, that Cinemassacre vid really rustled some jimmies. :lol

I can see the argument for, like, performance (TLG is apparently a mess if you're not on a Pro on the lowest settings) but otherwise it doesn't really matter to me.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #7844 on: December 11, 2016, 11:03:15 PM »
Depends on how the Scorpio truly turns out I think. One S is really tempting, especially for those of us who don't have non-Nintendo consoles in a while and want to also use the 360 back compat on cheapo used games.

That said, I just got a 1060, and there will be a Scorpio S...

And you've got your Switch coming, and there will be a Scorpio S...

I just hope Microsoft realizes how much better then One S just in general looks compared to that garbage that originally trotted out for both the Bone and 360.

And that's even realizing that getting any kind of Xbox is dumb with a modern PC considering the Sony exclusives + console exclusives situation. BUT SHUT UP.

Nintendo and Microsoft have offset analogs. Sony continues 20 years of being discredited.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #7845 on: December 12, 2016, 02:19:39 AM »

Yeah, that Cinemassacre vid really rustled some jimmies. :lol

I can see the argument for, like, performance (TLG is apparently a mess if you're not on a Pro on the lowest settings) but otherwise it doesn't really matter to me.

I really don't think it's worth it TBH, especially considering the price difference. There isn't that much of a difference, and not every game will be significantly improved anyway.

Trent Dole

« Reply #7846 on: December 12, 2016, 05:55:49 AM »
Regular PS4 can be had for $250, that ain't bad at all.
Hi

thisismyusername

« Reply #7847 on: December 12, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324303

Dead Rising 4 outsold The Last Guardian (in the UK).

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7848 on: December 12, 2016, 08:26:56 AM »
shocking! never suspected a million selling franchise about zombies from 2006 to outsell a 10 year delayed quasi sequel feautering a hairy rodent

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #7849 on: December 12, 2016, 08:27:39 AM »
All of this Xbox hate and angst in this thread, past two pages feel like stealth Sony Gaf posts
 :dayum

At least Microsoft has put energy into backwards compatibility. Have fun rebuying PS2 ports on the PS4 Slim and then PS3 ports on the PS4 Super Pro.  :lol

OH!

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7850 on: December 12, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
sure they put in energy cause its the only exclusives its getting

sure they dont release games from january to september but you can play alan wake one more time

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #7851 on: December 12, 2016, 08:32:15 AM »
This is my new favorite image:

thisismyusername

« Reply #7852 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:36 AM »
shocking! never suspected a million selling franchise about zombies from 2006 to outsell a 10 year delayed quasi sequel feautering a hairy rodent

What I'm laughing at is Sony investing so much money into said niche hairy rodent game. That game should've been shitbinned as soon as the PS4 launched. Meanwhile, a company that doesn't understand what fans want makes a sequel more casual and sells (and probably has made their money back) while being a timed-exclusive.

In the words of Trump: Sad!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #7853 on: December 12, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

At least Microsoft has put energy into backwards compatibility. Have fun rebuying PS2 ports on the PS4 Slim and then PS3 ports on the PS4 Super Pro.  :lol
If they are quality remasters like Modern Warfare, FFXHD, and so on then gladly..

and I don't know what is funny about The Last Guardian. Sony partially said they don't expect it to be a big seller, but its about taking a loss to diversify the lineup. Which is something that Microsoft does not do at all and it makes their platform unattractive.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7854 on: December 12, 2016, 01:11:32 PM »

What I'm laughing at is Sony investing so much money into said niche hairy rodent game. That game should've been shitbinned as soon as the PS4 launched. Meanwhile, a company that doesn't understand what fans want makes a sequel more casual and sells (and probably has made their money back) while being a timed-exclusive.

TLG is one of the reasons why SCEJ got an American to reorganize them.

Watch that Kojima game be a disaster too.

That said its a money pit but having these games is why Sony is number 1,  4 gens straitght and MS is still missing any kind of impact in Japan and Europe

Take My Breh Away

« Reply #7855 on: December 12, 2016, 02:00:19 PM »

That said its a money pit but having these games is why Sony is number 1,  4 gens straitght and MS is still missing any kind of impact in Japan and Europe

That money pit just got ten foot higher.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/11/sony-considers-merging-gaming-and-film-divisions/

Call Sony games "Movies" for years and suddenly Sony wants to merge divisions. 2016 Meme magic, brehs :doge

Tasty

« Reply #7856 on: December 12, 2016, 02:50:33 PM »

That money pit just got ten foot higher.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/11/sony-considers-merging-gaming-and-film-divisions/

Call Sony games "Movies" for years and suddenly Sony wants to merge divisions. 2016 Meme magic, brehs :doge

I blame David Cage. :goty :goty2

thisismyusername

« Reply #7857 on: December 12, 2016, 09:45:50 PM »

I'm dubious on that claim, but we'll see. If it's 2020 and Death Stranding has no release date and the PS5 is launching? Yeah, we'll be in TLG 2.0 territory.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7858 on: December 13, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »

There is something to be said for "future proofing" with a Pro or Scorpio (can we get a real name already?  I don't even think of astrology...that's a Nick Fury villain) and least in the Pro's case, it's only a difference of $100 or less...but it's not like there's anything out right now that makes the Pro a must-have system over the Slim.
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7859 on: December 13, 2016, 06:44:48 PM »
My PC is two years old and is better than the pro or scorpio. I might get a slim or one s at some point if enough console exclusive shit is out there that I feel I need to play, but as for now, not feeling it.
yar