Author Topic: My Ninnjjjs - anyone playing SIGMA?  (Read 4332 times)

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
My Ninnjjjs - anyone playing SIGMA?
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
So as you may know Sigma rolled out today for PS3.

+ GFX are still hot and so far the new areas I have played keep impressing...

+ Gameplay feels pretty much the same as NG Black...

+ Installs on PS3 HDD for faster loading - its a big install package too.

+ Online leaderboards....

So in the end its basically NG Black, with extra missions, graphic uplift, and online scoring....

STAY away from the collectors edition - its more money for a lame making of DVD where you get to see pox mark face and his crew tour around tokyo in their leather and spikes looking like the rolling stones....

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Re: My Ninnjjjs - anyone playing SIGMA?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »
Its out today? interesting. Maybe my gamelazy has it.
o_0

Himu

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »
It's weird getting used to the ps3 controls.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 05:11:14 PM »
I hate the sixaxis analog sticks, if they lowered them maybe a quarter inch they'd be comfortable. At the moment my thumbs slip off or my thumbs cramp
o_0

Himu

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »
The lack of triggers did a number on me.
IYKYK

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
uh, it might be a very high quality rehash at 60 FPS, but it's still a rehash nonetheless... not getting it unless it's 20 bucks CDN or lower...

MrAngryFace

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 05:42:18 PM »
I think you'd have more of a point if it had been on a Sony console before.
o_0

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 05:51:27 PM »
so u disagree with GameSpot's review that trashed Tenchu?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 05:54:16 PM »
Mondain: So you like avoiding the point?
o_0

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 07:00:22 PM »
Considering thast Ninja Gaiden Sigma has NO STEALTH...im not sure what to think about it an Tenchu as Ninja games...

I agree that both have really delivered on the Ninja themed goods....

Im a bit further into the game and really liking some of the new GFX, effects, etc... I am seeing.

Its like its 1993 or something when the home versions didnt touch the arcade version and we are finally playing the arcade Ninja Gaiden as opposed to the home console version (NG Black being more like a retro home version).

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
I ordered it from FamilyVideo.com ($46!), and it shipped today, but won't be here until Monday.

I loved the Xbox original, but never played Black, so this should be awesome.
野球

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
I was playing with Robby and Billy Rygar yesterday, that alone makes it best Tenchu ever :wub
fat

MrAngryFace

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 07:14:46 PM »
Got my copy of Sigma woo
o_0

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
So does anyone know if those "exclusive unlockable codes" that come with the LE work with the regular version?
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »
I wish theyd just GIVE me the old games goddamnitipaid60dollarforthiswellnoactually30withatradeinandpre-ordercredit
o_0

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 07:35:33 PM »
I never unlocked the old NES games, I didn't feel like jumping through all those hoops to get them.

And I hear the game saves for Sigma are copy-protected too, so I can't get it from someone else.
野球

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 07:50:21 PM »
So does anyone know if those "exclusive unlockable codes" that come with the LE work with the regular version?

I have the collectors edition but don't see any codes anywhere. Where are they- I will post them.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 07:56:20 PM »

I have the collectors edition but don't see any codes anywhere. Where are they- I will post them.

I have no idea, I just remember EB/GS saying the LE would have bonus mission codes.
野球

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »
i think i'll pick this up today... hey dm, i just checked familyvideo.com and the price is up to 49.99.  howd you get it for $46?
pyh

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 08:43:54 PM »
i think i'll pick this up today... hey dm, i just checked familyvideo.com and the price is up to 49.99.  howd you get it for $46?

There's a $5 off code for first time shoppers, let me see if I can find it for you.

edit: NEWMEM5F
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:45:39 PM by distantmantra »
野球

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »
Apparently, this is the "exclusive" mission code which works with the regular edition.

UP, DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, SQUARE at the "mission mode" screen. Mission mode is unlocked after you beat the game.
野球

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 09:10:11 PM »
So as you may know Sigma rolled out today for PS3.

+ GFX are still hot and so far the new areas I have played keep impressing...

+ Gameplay feels pretty much the same as NG Black...

+ Installs on PS3 HDD for faster loading - its a big install package too.

+ Online leaderboards....

So in the end its basically NG Black, with extra missions, graphic uplift, and online scoring....

STAY away from the collectors edition - its more money for a lame making of DVD where you get to see pox mark face and his crew tour around tokyo in their leather and spikes looking like the rolling stones....

what? That DVD sounds sweet, but Im an Itagaki fan. Id really like to play this game. Might have to invest is a PStriple lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »
IMO the game controls a lot better.
o_0

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 03:22:18 AM »
Is it just me, or did they tweak the difficulty?  The first boss barely touched me.  I have played this game to death, in both previous versions (one of the few games I played long enough to tackle the harder difficulty modes), but I walked over that first boss much more easily than I should have.  After my first ninja lapse, between OG and Black, he kicked my ass again the first time I met him.  In Sigma, he barely touched me.
serge

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 10:02:26 AM »
Im not sure what to think about it....perhaps yer rolling more and blocking properly?

MrAngryFace

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
TVC stated that he got to the harder difficulty modes, which means he had a firm grasp of rolling and blocking ;P
o_0

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
I haven't had time to try out my Japanese version of NGS yet.  I'm thinking of unloading it on Ebay though since it is supposedly censored and doesn't have decapitations on humans enemies. 

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »
TVC stated that he got to the harder difficulty modes, which means he had a firm grasp of rolling and blocking ;P

Well I can come away from a game for a while and come back to find im not as good as I was before....

Especially if im playing a high action game similar to the way this plays - i might keep pushing the wrong button out of getting use to playing a different game, etc...

TVC15

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »

Well I can come away from a game for a while and come back to find im not as good as I was before....

Especially if im playing a high action game similar to the way this plays - i might keep pushing the wrong button out of getting use to playing a different game, etc...

They definitely made that first boss easier.  I haven't played Black since it came out, and my skills would have rotted a bit, not gotten better, in the interim.  I am guessing TN had to make it easier for Sony fans.
serge

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 03:46:52 PM »
I'm playing. I think I'm definitely better now than I was when I first played. I'm much more reliant on the block.

And I think the game rocks. I'm on mission 8. The rachel content blows imo.
haw

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
They definitely made that first boss easier.  I haven't played Black since it came out, and my skills would have rotted a bit, not gotten better, in the interim.  I am guessing TN had to make it easier for Sony fans.

I hope the whole game is easier on the default settings.  I don't really have the time anymore to learn a game for a long time.  Nowadays, I usually put a game away if I can't advance after several tries. 

TVC15

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2007, 04:00:56 PM »

I hope the whole game is easier on the default settings.  I don't really have the time anymore to learn a game for a long time.  Nowadays, I usually put a game away if I can't advance after several tries. 

I didn't have as much trouble with the horse fight in level 2, either, but I think that's just because I finally just quit fucking with the bow.
serge

Himu

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2007, 11:48:23 PM »
Glad to see you guys having fun.
IYKYK

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 07:57:25 PM »
sigma secured.  shit was sold out @ fry's, so i'm settling for the "keep it" option from gamefly.  $45!
pyh

TVC15

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »
sigma secured.  shit was sold out @ fry's, so i'm settling for the "keep it" option from gamefly.  $45!

It seems like they didn't ship many copies.  My Gameplop only got 2 extra after covering preorders.  I am guessing they figure that PS3 games just take up shelf space that can be better served on stuff that actually sells.
serge

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »
isn't that a common lamestop practice --  cover preorders and carry 1 or 2 extra copies of the game?  i never get new games from them on release day unless i preorder.  they're always "sold out"
pyh