Author Topic: PS3 - Nucleus  (Read 1293 times)

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
PS3 - Nucleus
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:06:22 PM »
Hmm Im not sure what i think of this game - its odd and unique for sure as a 2 stick shooter - but is it fun?

I have only downloaded and played the starter pack - for id say "Im not buying"

The game has good music and a nice look tho...

What do )you( think?

Re: PS3 - Nucleus
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »
I'm not interested in Nucleus, Super Stardust HD is enough for me. However, Everyday is Another Shooter looks brilliant.
野球

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
I'm not interested in Nucleus, Super Stardust HD is enough for me. However, Everyday is Another Shooter looks brilliant.

At leat try the free Nucleus demo.

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »
gah another 2 stick shooter that is not geo wars or ssdhd?  don't know if i even want to try it.
pyh

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:06:57 AM »
OK - so my friend was over earlir so we played the demo 2 players....

We had a fukkin blast so I bought the game and we played thru many of the stages...

I think the game is the best 2 stick shooter yet - the stages are soo varied, and the tasks are increasingly difficult and complex....its not a mindless shooter...some stages are battle stages, some are travel stages, some are puzzle stages, and theres just so much variety in the full game. (lets see how many stages total - that I dont know but it looks like ALOT from how far iv gotten.)

The music is very good - its electronica with bleep beats.

The stage titles and theemes are intriguing....

At one point me and my friend had to transport cells from one organism to another in a blood stream flooded with bacteria swooping and piercing down on us.we would take turns where one player would transport and the other player would snipe...it was very fun...

You can move with the left stick - shoot with the right...L1 is "squirt" or dash L2 is plasma burst. R2 is tractor beam

you can absorb plasma and then fire devastating plasma bursts or plasma can collect in certain spots and form powerups that enhance you weapon.

You can use the tractor beam to drag cells around and use them as cover, or to move cells into or from organisms as needed.

The demo is free - I highly recommend trying co-op on the demo. Thats what sold me on this game.

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 01:07:42 AM »
Im a 2D shooter fan - so I have room for all of these gems in my collection.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:12 AM »
boring crap, but I bought it cause I need a game for my ps3
o_0

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12:02 AM »
boring crap, but I bought it cause I need a game for my ps3

Did you play 2player co-op?