Author Topic: Evilbore opinions: Metroid Prime  (Read 9902 times)

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Re: Evilbore opinions: Metroid Prime
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2007, 01:15:35 AM »
Normally I hate people who talk like luciverse but he likes MP, he is also defending it, and with any luck him and his gang will do a drive by on anyone how hate it!  so luciverse gets a pass from me. 

Not Sure

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2007, 01:26:11 AM »
Normally I hate people who talk like luciverse but he likes MP, he is also defending it, and with any luck him and his gang will do a drive by on anyone how hate it!  so luciverse gets a pass from me. 
Talk like me?  You can hear my lisp.... over the internet?

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2007, 02:21:58 AM »
im playing now

sequence breaking! :O
haw

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2007, 04:20:39 AM »
Oh great, another OA fiend with my dick in his mouth. Maybe I wouldn't be a virgin if I had bitches like you to drain my nuts irl like you do over the e-DMZ

Not Sure

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2007, 04:30:19 AM »
Oh great, another OA fiend with my dick in his mouth. Maybe I wouldn't be a virgin if I had bitches like you to drain my nuts irl like you do over the e-DMZ
Maybe you would not be a virgin if you stopped trying to shoot all the people you play with.   

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2007, 04:35:11 AM »
Maybe you would not be a virgin if you stopped trying to shoot all the people you play with.   

You're right, I have a inherit predisposition to pop glocks, do the laffy taffy, and eat cream n' wheat. At least I clean myself with a wash cloth

Not Sure

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2007, 05:22:08 AM »
You're right, I have a inherit predisposition to pop glocks, do the laffy taffy, and eat cream n' wheat. At least I clean myself with a wash cloth
I did not mention any of that.  Why are you under the impression that I have a problem with your race?

I merely stated you display nіggerish behaviour.  Why is everything about race?  If I said it you have a girlish swing, that does not make you a girl. 

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
I'm replaying MP right now in progressive scan and through my new speaker system.  :D

I've owned the game 3 time BTW. I could never decide if the game was great or simply good. I keep coming back to it every year, so that must say something.
}Ö{

y2kev

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2007, 08:37:20 AM »
BTW drinky, I can't tell if it's because I'm playing five years later or if I was always blind to it, but you are right about the texturing and poly count.

Still, I don't know what it is about the game, but it still just has better image quality and clarity on my HD TV than any existing Wii game. I mean, compare this to RE4 and it gets destroyed. MP looks pretty shiny and clean. I like what I see actually.
haw

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »
:lol

Horrible gunplay, boring environments, and fucking Samus. I like her as a character, but she's totally boring in FPS. I wish Retro would do an actual FPS

You were expecting a shooter.  It is not a shooter.  Not every game in FP has you shooting everything in sight.  I suggest you stick to EA games to satisfy your nіgger desires.

Fuck you dickhead, it's MULTIPLAYER.

Another wanna be gangster.  Any nig can shot people wi'f a gun.  Can you honestly say you rolled into a ball and raced someone across the room?  Play outside the box.

I'm white you taco  :lol

Are you even serious right now?

BTW drinky, I can't tell if it's because I'm playing five years later or if I was always blind to it, but you are right about the texturing and poly count.

Still, I don't know what it is about the game, but it still just has better image quality and clarity on my HD TV than any existing Wii game. I mean, compare this to RE4 and it gets destroyed. MP looks pretty shiny and clean. I like what I see actually.

Agreed
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:09:03 PM by AdmiralViscen »

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2007, 01:18:28 PM »

But if you compare it to 5 yr old console games, MP looks better than 99% of them.  PC games?  That's another issue. 

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2007, 01:22:02 PM »
I did not mention any of that.  Why are you under the impression that I have a problem with your race?

I merely stated you display nіggerish behaviour.  Why is everything about race?  If I said it you have a girlish swing, that does not make you a girl. 

:lol

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
I'm a little late on this thread, but a lot of my problems with MP have already been mentioned.

Pretty disappointing for me because I pretty much bought a Gamecube (although only for 99 dollars) just so I could play this game. Especially considering all the hype it got (some people putting it in their top 10 of all time).

The scanning was just ridiculous and clumsy how they handled it. It almost seemed like an artificial way to increase the playtime of the overall game. It was initially interesting because I wanted to scan everything in the space ship to figure out what happened .. but once you make it to the planet, I could give a fuck less.

The boss battles were equally unimpressive. Figure out the pattern/trick, die, try again and win. Although to be fair, I only fought the first three before I quit the game.

The slow movement is what really killed it for me. It wasn't noticeable on the first section because the ship has a lot of small rooms and corridors. But once you get to the planet and have huge expanses of nothingness you have to cross, it takes FOREVER. Especially if you know you have to backtrack to a certain location .. it just eats your soul.

I have picked up the game three times in attempts to play through it (just because so many people have raved about it). It's just a bad game, period. It's not because it is Metroid either .. it could have been called Amazon Warrior Princess on Planet X .. and it still would have sucked.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2007, 01:48:03 PM »
I'm a little late on this thread, but a lot of my problems with MP have already been mentioned.

Pretty disappointing for me because I pretty much bought a Gamecube (although only for 99 dollars) just so I could play this game. Especially considering all the hype it got (some people putting it in their top 10 of all time).

The scanning was just ridiculous and clumsy how they handled it. It almost seemed like an artificial way to increase the playtime of the overall game. It was initially interesting because I wanted to scan everything in the space ship to figure out what happened .. but once you make it to the planet, I could give a fuck less.

The boss battles were equally unimpressive. Figure out the pattern/trick, die, try again and win. Although to be fair, I only fought the first three before I quit the game.

The slow movement is what really killed it for me. It wasn't noticeable on the first section because the ship has a lot of small rooms and corridors. But once you get to the planet and have huge expanses of nothingness you have to cross, it takes FOREVER. Especially if you know you have to backtrack to a certain location .. it just eats your soul.

I have picked up the game three times in attempts to play through it (just because so many people have raved about it). It's just a bad game, period. It's not because it is Metroid either .. it could have been called Amazon Warrior Princess on Planet X .. and it still would have sucked.

I would agree with your assement of the gameplay although I could see how people with more patience might enjoy this kind of game.  I'm not a fan of how the game plays but I thought that it looked really nice for its time. 

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »
in case any mods were wondering, pd called luciverse a dirty white guy on OA and they dragged it over here.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »
Stepping a bit further, would the people who weren't i love with Prime or Echoes rather have had another 2D Metroid instead?  Honestly, I can't really see any other way to translate Metroid into 3d–a third-person game would probably be even worse.
püp

Himu

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2007, 04:32:53 PM »

:rofl That caught me off guard
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2007, 04:34:58 PM »
Stepping a bit further, would the people who weren't i love with Prime or Echoes rather have had another 2D Metroid instead?  Honestly, I can't really see any other way to translate Metroid into 3d–a third-person game would probably be even worse.

And why is it so hard to make a 3rd person metroid?
IYKYK

y2kev

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2007, 04:54:31 PM »
Something I'm kind of wondering about as I play it again is why the game was praised for being such a great platformer. Does it really do anything most FPS games don't? The only thing I could think of is that the Y axis is almost always locked....almost promoting claustrophobia at times.
haw

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2007, 05:03:19 PM »
jumping, using the morph ball, and dodging bosses was really well done.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2007, 05:05:56 PM »

I'm just basing this on my extremely limited gaming imagination.  I don't know how they'd do it.  How would you?
püp

y2kev

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »

I'm just basing this on my extremely limited gaming imagination.  I don't know how they'd do it.  How would you?

like tomb raider with less ledge grabbing :O

actually i don't know. there's no analogue in the third person perspective for what Retro managed to "sell" to gamers with FPS metroid. Would "her suit is heavy, so there's no free look unless you stop" really work from the third person? Probably not. And there's no way she could be as mobile as someone like Croft, even though I guess she is in smash bros.

I dunno.
haw

Smooth Groove

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2007, 05:10:51 PM »
MDK is kinda how Metroid Prime could be.  Lots of shooting and jumping around.