Author Topic: Saints' Row demo available on Xbox Live  (Read 1686 times)

Mondain

• no bias
Saints' Row demo available on Xbox Live
« on: August 01, 2006, 05:55:05 AM »
downloading as we speak, unabashed impressions coming soon

crap, my Internet connection is slow this morning :(

LunarAura

Re: Saints' Row demo available on Xbox Live
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:57:25 AM »
Your ISP detects bias and adjusts accordingly  :P

LunarAura

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:34:03 AM »
Mothrfuc... 18% complete I dl'ed this thing 90 minutes ago! That computes to 30kb/sec on my 1.5mbps

Asshole Microsoft. I swear LIVE's dl system is BitTorrent or something >:(

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:24:40 AM »
I don't really get what you mean. Others with _next-generation systems_ (per opposition to the Xbox 360) get dazzled by the graphics or risibly enthusiastic of their new system upon others -- I simply review games on the platform grounded in reason and just for what they are.

I don't think I'm overly cynical either, it's rather that I take the test of time into account instead of letting my mind getting consumed by the euphoria of the moment. :)

Your ISP detects bias and adjusts accordingly  :P

Anyhow, it goes fast now. 95% :P

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 07:33:12 AM by Mondain »

LunarAura

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:31:57 AM »
Sadly, it's the euphoria of the moment I play videogames for. Once I lost that, to me there's no reason to pursue the hobby anymore.

But on topic, it's now 29% complete after 2 hours. So much for playing this game before bed. They probably should've named this game Saint Srow hahahaha far east lisp joke ;D

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:27 AM »
Well, just done playing with the thing.

So far, it looks like it could be a relatively decent Grand Theft Auto clone, however nothing too memorable or particularly fascinating. Still I had fun, and the combat and upgrades available through money are interesting.

What disappointed me a lot though are the graphics -- this's game's plagued with atrocious screen tearing problems, especially in real-time cutscenes. That's just abominable. There's also a lot of pop-in when driving, and the framerate frequently takes some pretty embarassing hits when there's a lot of action on screen. I hope that these defaults are to be corrected, or at the very least, significantly improved before the game's launched.

It really looks like a high-rez Xbox game, was this game really made for the Xbox 360 originally?

Still, Volition are some pretty talented developpers and the game has some rather pleasing aspects. The gangsta ambiance, if cliched, is well-made and entertaining. Missions sound pretty engaging. As I said earlier, gun fights are fun, so I'm sure that missions are going to be cool. There's a lot of pretty mature humour through the game, and that's pretty funny and should add some flavor to this GTA clone. I think that Rockstar is definitely going to deliver something vastly superior, though. Still it should tide the fans of this genre over until next year.

I might play it again, but not until it hits the bargain bin, unless it gets some phenomenal reviews. :D

lastoftheTRU

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:51:32 PM »
Well, just done playing with the thing.

So far, it looks like it could be a relatively decent Grand Theft Auto clone, however nothing too memorable or particularly fascinating. Still I had fun, and the combat and upgrades available through money are interesting.

What disappointed me a lot though are the graphics -- this's game's plagued with atrocious screen tearing problems, especially in real-time cutscenes. That's just abominable. There's also a lot of pop-in when driving, and the framerate frequently takes some pretty embarassing hits when there's a lot of action on screen. I hope that these defaults are to be corrected, or at the very least, significantly improved before the game's launched.

It really looks like a high-rez Xbox game, was this game really made for the Xbox 360 originally?

Still, Volition are some pretty talented developpers and the game has some rather pleasing aspects. The gangsta ambiance, if cliched, is well-made and entertaining. Missions sound pretty engaging. As I said earlier, gun fights are fun, so I'm sure that missions are going to be cool. There's a lot of pretty mature humour through the game, and that's pretty funny and should add some flavor to this GTA clone. I think that Rockstar is definitely going to deliver something vastly superior, though. Still it should tide the fans of this genre over until next year.

I might play it again, but not until it hits the bargain bin, unless it gets some phenomenal reviews. :D

why are you copying and pasting your post?

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 01:10:23 PM »
Who cares, it'd be weirder if the post was copied from this thread and pasted into this thread OH WAIT! lolz omg snap
o_0