Author Topic: Desperate Living and Polyester and other older John Waters flix  (Read 574 times)

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
I hadnt seen these in years. My girlfriend had never seen them. Hairspray being on the TV recently has brought up discussion of what I like/dislike about John Waters movies.

So I got in the mood for some old skool John Waters and put these in the netflic qeue.

Desperate Living still held up for me in some ways...ya know, upscaled and on a bigger screen I can tell for the first time thats a fried rat in the credit scene. I always thought it was a lizard. Some shyt I forgot about had me cracking up like the lesbian sex scene between Mink Stole and that 390 lb black woman. My girlfriend of course thought the movie was disgusting and hated it.

My two favorite parts are;

- When the blonde bisexual amazonian cuts of spikes penis implant with a pair of sewing scissors

- When Queen Carlota makes Mink Stole and that black heffer eat the cockroaches. - "Eat those goddam cockroaches bitch!"

Polyester is not as good to me, but at least it wasnt so gross that my girlfriend didnt mind it. Divine is prsonally my least favorite out of John's actor clan. Still the movie has its great moments - like when the 390 lb black heffer bites the tire flat on Bobo's car so he cant get away and then beats his ass.

Warhols LSD movies like Flesh and Trash run laps around John Waters crap - IMO.

Anyone know the name of the John Waters movie where Mink Stole and some queer guy are kidnapping girls, chaining them up in their basement, impregnating them with a turkey baster and then selling the babies to lesbian couples who want to adopt? I wouldnt mind seeing this one again and cant remember the name.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
Re: Desperate Living and Polyester and other older John Waters flix
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:27:40 AM »
Pink Flamingos.

You have very interesting tastes in movies.
PS4

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:32:56 AM »
I dont really dig Pink Flamingos much - I think its more a concept - edith massey always cracks me up tho - "ohhh ohhhhh here comes the egg man"...

I love Mother Fishpaw in Polyester reffering to Edith Masseys character - "Francine you shouldnt let distinguished mentally-challenged people in your house"

edith's lines in desperate living are downright gut wrenching at times - especially when she commands her servants to have sex with her.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 06:57:32 AM »
I just watched A Dirty Shame, was pretty good I thought

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:06:18 AM »
I dont think iv seen that one