Author Topic: Xbox Quality LOL  (Read 1370 times)

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Xbox Quality LOL
« on: September 14, 2007, 05:33:57 PM »
A friend of mine was nice enough to buy my 360 for $50 below retail so that I can get a new 360 w/HDMI.  While setting up my new 360 and putting in my old HD, I heard a rattling sound.  After shaking it for awhile, a screw rolled out of the 360 from an unknown position.  LOL WTF

I'm glad that they have a 3 year warranty. 

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
Re: Xbox Quality LOL
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 05:38:11 PM »
why would you shake it?
zzz

Smooth Groove

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »
I heard something rolling around.  It was rattling already when I removed it from the box. 

Fox In The Snow

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:45:51 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of worried about mine too, I just got mine last month. It has froze on me several times, and turned off once by itself outright. I bought it with a 2 year best buy PRD warrenty, but still... I know I got a dud.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 05:46:21 PM »
I dunno if shaking a 360 is the best way to remove an errant screw

Fox: Unfortunately a good bit of that can be attributed to the games.
o_0

Smooth Groove

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 05:56:10 PM »
I dunno if shaking a 360 is the best way to remove an errant screw

It's working fine though.  Anyone who's built a PC knows that 1 screw is not a big deal.  It was just funny because I've never had that happen with a console before.  I think I'll just keep it.  It's too much of a bother to go back to the store for another one. 

It was definitely a worthwhile upgrade, espcially for $50.  I was already getting 1080P w/VGA cables on my old 360 but HDMI's picture is OMG beautiful.  Colors are more solid and everything is so much crisper.  Now that the 360 has HDMI too, the PS3 has lost its one major advantage in terms of visuals.  It's even more obvious to me now that the 360 is the next-gen system with the best graphics. 

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »
Ah, the 360.....

The best games on the least dependable system... ever. I'd put it as worse than the large PS2s at launch.
HLR

bud

• a smudge of excrement on a tissue surging out to sea with a million tons of raw sewage
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »
i'd twist and turn my 360 around a bit, but shaking it isn't smart--especially with it being a 360 and all lol.
zzz

Robo

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 06:15:50 PM »
You know, I believe the 3 year warranty only applies to RROD issues.  If yo shit falls apart and it's past the standard warranty, they may decline.
obo

Smooth Groove

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
It's 1 year for all issues though, right.  I doubt a little shaking will cause it to fall apart.  If it's going to die anyway, I'll rather have it die quicker. 

MrAngryFace

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »
Ah, the 360.....

The best games on the least dependable system... ever. I'd put it as worse than the large PS2s at launch.

I dunno....

The ps1 could only play my games without skipping while it was upside down and a few of my PS2's stopped reading either CDs or DVDs before crapping out.
o_0

Smooth Groove

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 06:51:07 PM »
I had one of those GT3 bundle PS2s so it had to be one of the newer revisions and I still got disc-read errors in less than a year.  The upside down trick is hilarious.  I thought it was just a myth until I saw my cousin doing it too.  How does that trick work anyway? 

MrAngryFace

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 06:52:52 PM »
Not sure what it does, probably some lense alignment issue
o_0

bud

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »
i remember this one time we wanted to play some ps1 in mp, but the console wouldn't read the disc and so it wouldn't spin. one of the guys opened the tray and gave the disc a spin--you know, like dj's do--and then he closed it and thought it would run. :lol
zzz

Smooth Groove

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 06:58:20 PM »
i remember this one time we wanted to play some ps1 in mp, but the console wouldn't read the disc and so it wouldn't spin. one of the guys opened the tray and gave the disc a spin--you know, like dj's do--and then he closed it and thought it would run. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 06:58:49 PM »

Like a WWI plane lol
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 04:10:37 AM »
A friend of mine was nice enough to buy my 360 for $50 below retail so that I can get a new 360 w/HDMI.  While setting up my new 360 and putting in my old HD, I heard a rattling sound.  After shaking it for awhile, a screw rolled out of the 360 from an unknown position.  LOL WTF

I'm glad that they have a 3 year warranty. 

wtf do you think it is, an infant? Don't shake 360s

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2007, 04:24:06 AM »

Like a WWI plane lol

:lol :lol :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 08:59:19 AM »
The PS2 lens issue came from the laser losing strength or something. You would have to realign the diode (which is simple if your comfortable with taking electronics apart). I did this for my aunt once. She got consistent DREs and I did the realignment. The PS2 was able to read all the different style disks afterwerds.
:9

MrAngryFace

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 01:25:26 PM »
I shouldnt have to know electronics to own a console ;P
o_0