Author Topic: (Coded Arms Contagion) If the b-game original didnt convince me.........  (Read 1743 times)

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
3 months ago, I was very hyped for Coded Arms PS3. The first game on the PSP was brill once you customized the controls, and I was looking forward to playing the games big brother online with dual sticks, etc...

Lastnight I played Coded Arms: Contagion for the PSP, and I am saddened and confused on how they managed to let the game turn out worse....they basically should have built on the first few elements from the first game that worked well, but instead they ripped all of the good stuff out, and replaced with with shyt, and some other shyt.

- adding cut-scenes and pseudo story FTL
- not using the best possible controller config, that everyone used in the first game as the default controls FTL (first thing you need to do once making a profile is set the controls up to where the stick looks and the buttons control movement and set the stick sensativity to the maximum possible setting)
- The new "hack the door lock code" minigame fukking sucks and doesnt make sense....I havent even finished the tutorial stage because I cannot get past the 2nd locked door. Evey time I fail it activates an alarm which summons enemies I must fight....then I get to go back to the same non-sense door lock hacking minigame to only fail again and have my CO radio me saying "You neeed to pick the matching number" which doesnt even make sense given the context of the minigame....
- The music is not nearly as good and not dynamic like the music in the first game

Konami should abort any future Coded Arms games NOW - especially if the russian team that worked on contagion is working on the PS3 game - mamma mia@!

If Devil May Cry was a mediocre game instead of a great game, this would be like DEvil May Cry 2.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:05:07 PM by abrader »

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
Re: If the b-game origonal didnt convince me, the sequel sure has....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
THE ONLY thing the sequel has is online internet deathmatch play.....

But since the game engine isnt as good even that is ruined.

T234

• Canadian Legal Expert and Hillballer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:12:20 PM »
Coded arms PS3 was canceled forever ago.
UK

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 01:14:48 PM »
Coded arms PS3 was canceled forever ago.

Coded Arms assualt actually has not beeen cancelled....I feel like it should be tho...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
Oregano?

Origami?
fat

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 01:17:34 PM »
Orgasmo bitch

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
Re: If the b-game original didnt convince me, the sequel sure has....
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 02:04:24 PM »
Played this more online lastnight....

The online game definately sux in comparison to the first game...

Coded Arms physics engine made the game as fun and as good as a Halo lan party - The new games new engine feels like you are playing a Doom1 deathmatch online. The characters are decent looking 3D models, but they move and have the physics of a 2D sprite.....gone are the headshots, etc.. of the first game. So yeah it sucks bad. I couldnt tell if voicechat worked or not online as nobody else was talking. Pleanty of people online with this considering how unpopular it is.

Having played the single player game more I will say its not as bad as i origonally thought, but still not as good as the origonal Coded Arms. I did finally figure out the hacking minigame....its better than Bioshocks hacking minigame, but still feels out of place in a game like this and IS NOT needed... when you are hacking the enemies can detect and shoot you which inturrupts your hack attempt....you hack doors to unlock them, and security terminals to take control of security turrets.

- the enemies are not as good as the enemies in coded arms (dont loook as good, nor do they fight as good)
- the new games physics engine is not nearly as tight as the origonal coded arms (origonal coded arms was AS GOOD as Quake II)
- They got rid of the random level generator for what the consider to be better static designed levels.....frankly their level designs are nothing special and the random generator should have been left in.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: (Coded Arms Contagion) If the b-game original didnt convince me.........
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 11:22:45 PM »
Oh yeah, sorry, I never did comment on the game a few weeks ago.  I tried it, played through a level, and deleted it...forgot all about it.

A good FPS is possible on PSP.  It's just not going to be a Coded Arms title.
ど助平

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 01:05:27 AM »
Its a bad game for sure. If this team is on the PS3 game - run for cover :(

Did you ever try the first game?

1.) they need to take the best control scheme - make it the default, and tweak the hell out of it - and the best is not that default stick move lockon bullshit....the lockon is useless.

2.) Take the games development out of Russia and put it back in Japan. This outsourced shit is killing them. I use to be able to support may of their b-efforts, but this is too shyt.

Konami is fucked. Pressure is on Kojima.

I think you gotta play a bad game to actually know a 'bad' game. Since you played this game, im sure you find it to be a fine example of what is bad. This is >almost< as bad as Hexen PSX.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 01:06:27 AM »
Told you it was a crappy game, not even worth pirating
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 01:25:34 AM »
I would think an eastern-European or Russian developer stands a better chance of making a decent FPS than a Japanese developer does, quite frankly.
ど助平

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 01:29:27 AM »
I would think an eastern-European or Russian developer stands a better chance of making a decent FPS than a Japanese developer does, quite frankly.

Breakdown for the Xbox was pretty decent. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 01:30:25 AM »

Breakdown for the Xbox was pretty decent. 

That's not really a first person "shooter" though.
ど助平

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 02:19:22 PM »
I'd like to see a modern FPS on a platform with one analog nub on the same side as the d-pad lol.
o_0

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 03:20:54 PM »
This game uses the PSP control layout to manage FPS games like they did on the N64 controller....the 4 face buttons on the right are used to move forward/back and strafe...the stick is used to look....control pad is used to change weapons/sniper zoom/reload and triggers are jump/shoot.