Author Topic: Philosophy class sucks.  (Read 7250 times)

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
Philosophy class sucks.
« on: October 05, 2006, 09:00:52 PM »
Yea, you heard me.

And that means by proxy any philosophy majors suck. You all suck, so you know.

Do you suck only because I imagine you suck? Is there some grand deciever filling my head with lies and telling me that you all suck, when in fact, you're all totally awesome?

No, you just fucking suck.

And so does this class. And so does Descartes. In fact, I saw him getting teabagged by Dracula once and loving it. And you thought Dracula sucked? Nah, Descartes is the suck king.

Fuck this class. I don't know anything for it, and the shitty test is tomorrow.
8=D

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
Re: Philosophy class sucks.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »
haha, malek sucks.
MMA

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:29:46 PM »
I loved my philosophy class. Our teacher was a actually in the process of getting his masters.

We watched The Matrix and Office Space to go over certain philosophy theories (like the idea of "nothing" in Office Space's case), and we also read this kickass book called the Tao of Pooh. It was probably the only text book I ever liked.

Great class!

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
and we also read this kickass book called the Tao of Pooh. It was probably the only text book I ever liked.

Great class!

Skip its followup.
serge

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »
I hate the people in my philosophy class more than my philosophy class. But my teacher's okay.

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:44:37 PM »
Philosophy is a hard ass class here...however, I saw a logic topic somewhere and the logic teacher in my school Mr. Beuchner is a total push over lol EVERYONE gets A's in his class, awesome pay for A class.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:46:53 PM »
philosophy was easy. y'all are dumb.

now diff eq 2, that sucked
duc

Himu

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 09:47:55 PM »
Still haven't taken philosophy but psychology was a fave of mine. Sociology is way better though because my teacher was a MILF.
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »
Still haven't taken philosophy but psychology was a fave of mine. Sociology is way better though because my teacher was a MILF.

Same here. I took her twice. :-*

I didn't need another sociology class, but I took another one just to be in her class again lol

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 09:58:47 PM »
Psych and Sociology are easy, bullshit classes.  I have no doubt Philosophy is too.  Not hard, just irrelevant.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:13:20 PM by Willco »
PSP

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 10:12:30 PM »
Physch and Sociology are easy, bullshit classes.  I have no doubt Philosophy is too.  Not hard, just irrelevant.

Tell that to my professor, who for a fundamentals of philosophy core class, is going all out.

Fuck the bald nazi bastard.

And I agree 100% about it being irrelevant. Why the fuck do I care anything about philosophy? Why did I just get boned into wasting a ton of money on shit like this?

Fuck college, too.
8=D

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 02:38:44 AM »
Hey guys, thought I'd give you an update!

FUCK YOU, PHILOSOPHERS.

Fucking twits.

More tomorrow after I bomb my test.
8=D

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 02:59:09 AM »
what, you didn't make yet another homework GAF thread so that it's also done in your place?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »
I bombed three tests today :lol

Well, I'm pretty sure I passed one of them, despite not studying. I know the basics of business dammit! Economics...damn I know that went bad. And Business Law...shit. All the questions were hypotheticals. At least that test was curved

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 03:23:56 AM »
what, you didn't make yet another homework GAF thread so that it's also done in your place?

What's that, is Super Tumor trying to get a rise out of me?

Listen buddy, and listen good. A bunch of people go to GAF with homework questions. You'll notice that when I actually resort to GAF, which is always used as a last resort after exhausting everything I know how to do, people there have no problem lending a hand. You'll also notice, if your eyes aren't twitching out at that moment in time from the pretty colors onscreen, that I always present homework threads with what I know and what I've tried, and I ask if anyone can try explaining to me what I'm doing wrong so I can actually LEARN what's going on. I don't post questions and go 'hurr hurr, what's the answer to this?'.

Rather than trying to trump me in some idiotic fashion, how about you use that lemon in your head for something useful? Harness your tumor power and learn to telepathically jack yourself off to the sight of the animated schoolgirls getting tenticle-fucked on that big screen you've got in your cave.

Anyway, I'm done with you. Back to studying I go, and thanks for that break from reality!
8=D

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 03:27:45 AM »
I bombed three tests today :lol

Well, I'm pretty sure I passed one of them, despite not studying. I know the basics of business dammit! Economics...damn I know that went bad. And Business Law...shit. All the questions were hypotheticals. At least that test was curved

Luckily I'm doing pretty well this semester. My classes are as follows:

Mathematical Modelling
Discrete Mathematics
Physics 1
Economics
Fundamentals of Philosophy

So far, I've gotten a perfect 100 on my Modelling test, a 96 on my Discrete test, a 90 on my Physics test, and two perfect quizzes in Economics (though I've got no idea how I pulled it off either time. I can't understand my foreign professor at all!).

Philosophy will be the end of me, though. I've got no idea whatsoever about this shit.
8=D

rodi

• Crotch Digger
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 04:00:17 AM »
Philosophy is just a bunch of questions that never get answered. Basically all the tests I've had so far are: State Descartes/Aquinas/Hume's theories/questions/process's of thought. I like the mental sweat the class forces on me, but I never get the satisfaction of actually learning in that class.

Mondain

• no bias
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 04:02:04 AM »
tsc tsc, cheaters never prosper, and neither do those always being dependent on others to understand anything instead of gathering it on their own... better send a thanks cheque to EviLore for GAF's hosting when graduating, to be fair :lol

Himu

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 12:10:28 PM »
idk I find philosophy and that other stuff more relevent than learning trig.
IYKYK

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 12:35:31 PM »
Deleted by user
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:13:42 PM by Malek: King of Kings »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 12:41:55 PM »
Yeah, we're pretty awesome.

If this is an intro phil class you better get a 94.
Fixed

It's easy as hell. Certainly not a good field to pursue if you love material possessions and the ability to pay your bills

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »
Deleted by user
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:13:49 PM by Malek: King of Kings »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »
Yeah, we're pretty awesome.

If this is an intro phil class you better get a 94.
Fixed

It's easy as hell. Certainly not a good field to pursue if you love material possessions and the ability to pay your bills
Fuck you were watching the Matrix in your philosophy class. Are you sure you didn't stumble into a film class  by mistake?

No. We were going over the idea of reality, and dreaming. Is this really reality, or are we actually "sleep" and don't know it. With Office Space we were discussing the meaning of "nothing", and wondering if it truly exists. Does "nothing" exist? I can't remember which great philosopher brooded over that question

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 01:09:52 PM »
While I think the Matrix movies deal with pretty basic philosophical and religious ideas, I do think the movies as a film study are worth it. I picked up the Ultimate collection for 40 dollars (One of the best movie values ever) and the various hour long specials packed in going over concept and production of the film, upon viewing, would make it really hard for a level-headed film critic to bash the movies outright as garbage.

A lot of work and thought went into the films, and while they probably arent something you wanna base a university term paper on, they are GOOD cinema.
o_0

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 02:40:23 PM »
Ended up staying up until about 5:45 before crashing for an hour (I get up at 7:00AM for 8:00 classes).

Luckily, the test didn't require me to write abotu that Descartes fuck at all. I did 2 questions about Whyte and moral rights, and another question about circular reasoning.

It's also incredibly lucky, as those were the only things I really remembered at all. So, here's hoping I do well.

Captain Clusterfuck is still trying to show how he's better than me somehow. I find it incredibly amusing, so please keep up the good work.
8=D