Author Topic: XBL Vision Camera  (Read 976 times)

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
XBL Vision Camera
« on: October 08, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »
People leave things behind in their apartments when they move out, and sometimes when I go inside to paint them I find some pretty cool stuff.  Today I found a XBL Vision camera, unused, still had the twist-tie around the cord.  Plugged it in and tried it out.

My question:

What the hell is this thing good for, other than displaying your testicles or your anus to your friends?  It's a really crappy camera, quality-wise.  I'd want to kick my own ass if I actually paid money for it.
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: XBL Vision Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:32:43 PM »
* You can use it as a PC camera / webcam / recording tool for YouTube (dont ask me how)

* You can make a custom gamerpic for your friends to see

* You can use it in Uno, Hardwood Spades/Hearts/Backgammon, and Bankshot Billiards, and other XBLA games (Totemball was designed around the camera - free download)

* You can use it in Rainbow Six Vegas to plaster your asshole face on your character for multiplayer (this is also an achievement)

* You can use it in Rayman Raving Rabbids instead of traditional control, but fuck that noise (also an achievement)
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 06:33:45 PM »
fat

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
It's not the greatest thing in the world, true. But my friends on the east coast and I have fun with it.
dap

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 06:36:56 PM »
Are they planning any more stuff for it?  I mean, it was free, and they only give $12 according to the CAGwiki for EB trade-in prices, so I might keep it if interesting things are on the horizon.

Oh, demi, there was also a brand-new strategy guide for Zelda Twilight Princess in the same drawer the camera was in, so if you want that when you buy the Wii I'll throw it in the box.
sup

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 06:39:07 PM »
i use it for the custom gamerpic feature solely.  don't think i'd ever use it in an online game though.
pyh

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 06:40:12 PM »
Okay, you can use it for a PC cam.  I'll get my partner to buy a cheap webcam for when we record our freakStomp podcasts, that might help some with syncing and put us more at ease in front of a mic if we can see each other.
sup

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
Oh, demi, there was also a brand-new strategy guide for Zelda Twilight Princess in the same drawer the camera was in, so if you want that when you buy the Wii I'll throw it in the box.

Free stuff rules, hook me up

This week I'll finally initiate the transaction
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 06:44:00 PM by demi »
fat