Author Topic: Could the GBA have lived up to the original GB?  (Read 662 times)

zeergoth

Could the GBA have lived up to the original GB?
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »
I've recently been looking over some of my GBA games and see just how much fun it is. Even though I have and  :heartbeat my DS I find it sad that the GBA is on its last leg. But I'm curious if you think the DS was a necessity or if you think the GBA could've lasted as long as the original? I guess if nothing else we can turn this into a GBA appreciation thread.

I really love FFTA and having FFVI on the go:)

Synbios459

• Ebola Carrier
Re: Could the GBA have lived up to the original GB?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
GBA rox
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 08:03:01 PM by Synbios459 »

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:41:40 PM »
I think it did.  GB may have had a longer shelf life, but there are more GBA games that I think are worthwhile.  GB may have the sales numbers, but for how long it was on the market, there really aren't that many great games for it.
serge

cubicle47b

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 07:59:48 PM »
The GBA couldn't have lasted that much longer because of the PSP.  The Gameboy had a lot of competitors but none of them that really committed like Sony did.

edit: I agree with TVC that the GBA surpassed the GB.  It had a much better library.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:14:06 PM »
I think it did.  GB may have had a longer shelf life, but there are more GBA games that I think are worthwhile.  GB may have the sales numbers, but for how long it was on the market, there really aren't that many great games for it.

spot on.