Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - We are as GODS  (Read 2618 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - We are as GODS
« on: August 02, 2006, 02:18:56 AM »
Does the game get harder after misson 15? Cause like, ive got two great knights that are almost as tough as seth, who cant be stopped. A swordsman that obliterates armies alone, and a falconknight that can take out mages like no ones business. Will there be a situation where all the idiot characters I ignored will come back to bite me in the ass when im forced to use em?

So far Fire Emblem : SS is pretty easy, just gotta grind at the right times and abuse arenas when you find em. How many missions are there?
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - We are as GODS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 02:44:21 AM »
I played the original for weeks.  Is the SS worth a pick up?
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »
I love it, put over 12 hours in so far and only on chapter 14, I heard 15 is kinda hard but nothing is coming close to stopping my core group
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »
Does the game get harder after misson 15? Cause like, ive got two great knights that are almost as tough as seth, who cant be stopped. A swordsman that obliterates armies alone, and a falconknight that can take out mages like no ones business. Will there be a situation where all the idiot characters I ignored will come back to bite me in the ass when im forced to use em?

So far Fire Emblem : SS is pretty easy, just gotta grind at the right times and abuse arenas when you find em. How many missions are there?

There are 21 missions. And if you have let important characters die, you're screwed.

Are your magic casters still alive? Like Moulder or Artur? If you let them die, you're screwed. Later in the game they become very powerful (ESPECIALLY Artur if you turn him into a Bishop) against the demon monsters you'll face.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:41:03 AM »
I have to get around to actually beating a Fire Emblem game sometime. My attention span for single-player games runs out so easily. I'm so very close to the end in the original on GBA, and I'm probably 3/4 done with PoR. And I love both games... I just stop playing. I want to at least beat FE on GBA before I go onto Sacred Stones, which is part of my backlog. Oh well.
AMC

MrAngryFace

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 12:24:03 PM »
I have a valkyrie, screw the bishop. Artur is still around but I didnt evolve him, I went for the valkyrie instead, who can also do light magic. Molder is still a straight up basic priest I think. I wanna get archer chick to sniper but I cant find the right emblem. Stupid princess pegasus knight died fast, lol. Screw here I got my falconknight.

Almost all of my casters have survived, im in the tower leveling up th ignored ones. Honestly with the valkyrie and the sage recruited earlier on, I dont really NEED more casters, and I have two good archers. The two great knights and seth = a freaking wall.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 12:29:03 PM »
I have a valkyrie, screw the bishop. Artur is still around but I didnt evolve him, I went for the valkyrie instead, who can also do light magic. Molder is still a straight up basic priest I think. I wanna get archer chick to sniper but I cant find the right emblem. Stupid princess pegasus knight died fast, lol. Screw here I got my falconknight.

Almost all of my casters have survived, im in the tower leveling up th ignored ones. Honestly with the valkyrie and the sage recruited earlier on, I dont really NEED more casters, and I have two good archers. The two great knights and seth = a freaking wall.

You'll need that Bishop in the end. If you get the emblem you can just use it on him, so no worries as long as you get him up to lv10.

Neimi is a very good character. Once she becomes a sniper she's very useful.

Did you say you let Garcia and his son die on GAF? Try to keep those characters alive or you'll be screwed in the last chapter. Have you started hearing about the twin weapons yet?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »
Aw, might as well post my review of the game:

What an amazing game. I had never been into SRPGs, but I have always been a big strategy guy. I like stuff like chess, RTS games, and things with military tactics. Fire Emblem mixes all of this together to make one amazing game.

IMHO, controls and gameplay are the most important factors for a game. Fire Emblem has this in spades. The controls are very simple, although I got the impression that a DS version that uses the touchscreen would be even better. The gameplay is simple in some ways, but very complex at the same time. This is a game you have to master.

Storywise the game is rather basic. It starts off extremely boring, but as it goes on and you become more connected to the characters, it gets better. Twins who must save the world...from the clutches of- EDITED FOR: spoilers.

The game features some cool characters though. Seth is an AWESOME character. I want to be a knight :(

The music, like the story, is also rather weak. It's far too repetitive. You basically hear the same two songs over and over again unless something important is happening.

Overall this is a great game. A truly ideal handheld title.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 12:43:55 PM »
Bad review. Seth is a PALADIN, not a knight lolz.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:46:41 PM »
Bad review. Seth is a PALADIN, not a knight lolz.

GOD DAMMIT TECHNICALITIES NO MARRIAGE FOR YOU

It was a quick review. Not for a site or anything lol.

Are you building up your support levels? That's something I didn't really understand. I did it about 6 times, but I never built it up past the C level. It's supposed to help you in battle or something o_O

MrAngryFace

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 12:47:43 PM »
Support actions are dumb touchy feely crap, I did it once and havent done it again.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 12:53:28 PM »
Support actions are dumb touchy feely crap, I did it once and havent done it again.

Yeah, I got that feeling. I don't need that shit when I'm trying to save the world!

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »
Support just automatiically boosts the rating of the guys around you if you have built up rapport with them or something. Like if you're built up the relationship between Titania and Sothe (PoR characters) if they're within a few spaces of each other, their stats are boosted. I think that's it works.
AMC

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 01:53:27 PM »
Ahhhhhhhh
o_0