Author Topic: Reggie says F you to all hardcore gamers.  (Read 9163 times)

zeergoth

Reggie says F you to all hardcore gamers.
« on: December 05, 2007, 04:35:39 PM »
Stolen from GAF:

MSNBC: The Wii’s online features aren’t as well-integrated as Xbox Live and what Sony has planned for Home. I’m talking specifically of things like gamertags and friends' lists — it’s a lot more difficult to share that type of information on the Wii. What are your plans to change that?

Reggie: Our view is that the online experience needs to be something that adds value to the consumer experience and enables them to have a more in-depth experience – especially with the Wii remote. When you talk about gamertags, that really is a hardcore desire versus activity like creating Miis and other functionality that in our view, is much more what the mass market wants in their video-game console.

MSNBC: A lot of your long-term fans would also be characterized as hardcore gamers. Those same hardcore gamers have decried this move to the mainstream. What’s your answer to those fans?

Reggie: The answer to those fans is “Super Mario Galaxy,” which on every major gaming publication is receiving near-perfect scores. And “Super Smash Bros. Brawl,” when it launches on Feb. 10, it’s going to make every core gamer fall in love with “Smash Bros.” all over again.

We have games that satisfy the core, but in our view, that is but a small part of the total gaming market. There are more than twice as many consumers that used to game, but don’t game today. We need to make sure that we include them in the mix as well.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22104442/

Oh, and  :punch :punch :punch :punch :gun :gun :gun :gun

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Reggie says F you to all hardcore gamers.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 04:37:40 PM »
MSNBC: A lot of your long-term fans would also be characterized as hardcore gamers. Those same hardcore gamers have decried this move to the mainstream. What’s your answer to those fans?

Reggie: The answer to those fans is "Super Mario Galaxy."

He makes a good point.
©@©™

zeergoth

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »
Man, even though I was very skeptical of Nintendos new "strategy", I was willing to give them a chance, but they fuck everyone who loves them for grandma and grandpa joe.

Shitty graphics and sound.
Shitty storage options.
Shitty online.
Only half of all Wii games use waggle good.
Only 2 more games to look forward to in the near future.

Yet Sony lost to that?

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:53:13 PM »
Mario is probably good, but come on. Half of evilbore has already forgotten it for other games.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 05:01:06 PM »
One hardcore game worth owning a year. Mario/Zelda/Metroid for the next decade. Have fun guys!

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »
Mario is probably good, but come on. Half of evilbore has already forgotten it for other games.

To be fair, it and Portal seemed to be the only universally loved games this year on here.
AMC

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »

That's 'cause 1/2 of EB don't have WIIs.  Judging from the recent GOTY poll, most EBers w/WIIs love it.  I still haven't gotten past the 1st world but you know what a graphics whore I am. 

JOttoson

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 06:17:25 PM »
What is the hard core target? Multiplayer FPS games? Dudes in body armor? Kinda puzzling 'cause that seems to be mainstream more than a hard core audience. Then there's the "why is this shocking that Nintendo hasn't changed its market focus?" They've always aimed young, (which is typically a new market, at least until they become sullen and jaded and start demanding Barbie's Pony Adventure and other awesome license titles featuring Rugrats etc) and it usually bails them out of trouble sooner or later.

Seems to me that Nintendo's continued focus on the same market would make the hard core audience happy since the hard core audience typically just wants to keep on playing new iterations of whatever was hot when they really noticed gaming. For some people, it's SHUMPS, some are obsessed only with JRPG's exactly like FF6 or 7, 2d and/or 3d fighters or whatever.

Shuri

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
I havent turned on my wii since galaxy came out.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 06:43:17 PM »
hardcore gamers need more than one stupid game a console release thats worth shit
o_0

Smooth Groove

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »
Seems to me that Nintendo's continued focus on the same market would make the hard core audience happy since the hard core audience typically just wants to keep on playing new iterations of whatever was hot when they really noticed gaming. For some people, it's SHUMPS, some are obsessed only with JRPG's exactly like FF6 or 7, 2d and/or 3d fighters or whatever.

That's true.  It's one aspect of hardcore gaming that I could do without. 

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »
hardcore gamers need more than one stupid game a console release thats worth shit

yeah we need 2 Baten Kaitos games :bow

Himu

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »

Get the fuck out of here.
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 07:32:06 PM »

please stop presuming to know what all hardcore gamers need.

besides wouldn't hardcore gamers own all three consoles? or at least a 360 and a Wii.
dap

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »

but its MARIO  :o

And Zelda  :o
And Metroid  :o
And MARIO AGAIN  :o
And Zelda WITH A ZAPPER  :o
And Metroid ONCE AGAIN  :o

Himu

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 07:55:56 PM »

do we really need to post that n64 image again
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:21 PM »

besides wouldn't hardcore gamers own all three consoles? or at least a 360 and a Wii.

What's the point in even having a Wii if it has no games? 360 is more than justified, PS3...eh next year no doubt. Wii? Nope

Beezy

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 08:01:07 PM »
PS3...eh next year no doubt.
I heard this last year.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
PS3...eh next year no doubt.
I heard this last year.

Well I'm feeling in a festive mood. Today I feel the PSP has good games, the PS3 has a bright future, and the Wii is just a piece of god damn cripple shit.

zeergoth

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »
The replys in the GAF thread are  :lol DeaconKnowledge says he has 12 great Wii games  :lol

Himu

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 08:04:58 PM »
ps3 has more interesting games than wii does.

good thing wii has No More Heroes. I am going to rebuy a wii just for that game.
IYKYK

zeergoth

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 08:18:36 PM »

good thing wii has No More Heroes. I am going to rebuy a wii just for that game.
I disagree. The Wii has SMG, MP3, TC, TC2, SPM, RE4, RE:UC, and FE.

Himu

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 08:23:59 PM »

I'm talking about on the way. Next year, wii only has No More Heroes and...uhhhhhh. Smash.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:07 PM »
PS3 sux stop prtending himuro. If I didnt suddenly embrace bluray id have no clue what to do with mine
o_0

Himu

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:06 PM »
ps3 sucks but it still has more interesting games on the way than wii
IYKYK

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
Like what?

Himu

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 08:38:07 PM »
Wipeout HD
Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3)
White Knight Story
Echochrome
Valkyrie of the Battlefield
Infamous

some stuff I may be forgetting

On top of that, good stuff that's currently out:

Super Stardust HD
Everyday Shooter

It may not be a lot, but it's a hell of a lot better than the Mario box Wii is. Especially if you like 2d shooters.
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 08:40:04 PM »

"we"? think for yourself, not because MAF says something.
dap

Himu

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »

this is the equivalent of arguing who has won a dead heat in the 2 legged horse Derby.

Real gamers know both are the gaming equivalent of finding EXTRA BIG RAISINS in their xmas pud only to discover that those raisins are actually bits of rabbit shit.

PS3/Wii fanboys : "I paid for it... i HAVE to swallow it... *gulp* oh... yummy... did i ever say how much i love the taste of shit?"

PC/ X360 / PSP - your holy trinity. The father, son, and holy ghost. Repent this Xmas, and receive a free 30 day XBL trial.

ps3 sucks but it still has more interesting games on the way than wii

the mantra of last place! PS3 fans have been saying this since 2005! Killzone 2, inFamous etc... all lining up to be the latest batch of disappointments. PS3 fans are the EA of fanboys.

2005 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2005 - "We have nothing yet - But wait for 2006!"
2006 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2006 - "But wait for 2007!"
2007 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2007 - "But wait for 2008!"
2008 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2008 - "But wait for 2009!" ??

Oh put your mortgage on it, it's IN THE BANK that's what we are getting!

You're calling me a ps3 fanboy when I pimp 360 to death? I'm going into this generation like I have before: i'm going to get every console, and get whatever good games appear on the system. It just seems like you have more like a vendetta against Sony than anything else. I seriously doubt ps3 will ever get better than 360, hell, it doesn't have fucking achievements but it's still more appealing than Wii. If I saw a ps3 for 300 dollars I wouldn't pass it up.

"we"? think for yourself, not because MAF says something.

You mean like everyone else here that agrees wii sucks?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 08:46:54 PM »
What is wrong with Valkyrie of the Battlefield? I think it looks cool and refreshing for a japanese action rpg. I'm tired of swords in my action rpgs, and Mass Effect confirms that guns > swords.

I'm just saying that putting the PS3's turgid line up whilst pointing at more of the same coming next -over- a Wii line up which is equally as turgid lacks a clear picture of what is going down.

No it isn't. I already have the next gen console to own, so I'm basically picking and choosing what console I think may end up being second in terms of game quality. They're both average, there's no denying that. But I still prefer ps3's upcoming line up.

Wii still has No More Heroes though. Awww yeah.
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 08:49:11 PM »
I think I would get a Wii before I got a PS3, but not having an HDTV influences that decision.

And the resell value.
AMC

Smooth Groove

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 08:50:07 PM »

2005 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2005 - "We have nothing yet - But wait for 2006!"
2006 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2006 - "But wait for 2007!"
2007 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2007 - "But wait for 2008!"
2008 : EA Retorts : FUFA 2008 - "But wait for 2009!" ??

Oh put your mortgage on it, it's IN THE BANK that's what we are getting!

PS3 AAA exclusives: Resistance, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
You mean like everyone else here that agrees wii sucks?

Everyone agrees with that?

Sounds like most people are just asshurt because they spent $599 on a machine that has shit for games. Lovely Blu-Ray playback, though!
dap

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:18 PM »
man you guys get so worked up.

I bought a wii for specific franchises.  I have 5 games: wii sports (came with system and has great MP), Wii play (good MP and extra controller, and the 3 real games are RE4 (never played it before), mario galaxy, and Metroid Prime.  That's not bad for a FIRST YEAR.  I don't like it nearly as much as 360 but it's worth the cost.  The only big game I know I'm getting next year is No More Heroes but hopefully more good games will come.  What nintendo basically did is they took gaming back to the stone age (in terms of gameplay) and started it off with a slightly rounder wheel.  If a developer really tries, the games will turn out really good.  and maybe even unique.

In comparison, I have like 20 360 games but that's much more than I would honestly expect to have from the first two years of a console.  If you're a hardcore gamer who owns a wii, you most likely have enough games on it to justify it (considering it's only been a year).  I have no reason to buy a PS3 yet cause I hate MGS and I don't play many RPG's.

Himu

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »
I'm not butt hurt for spending 600 dollars, because I don't own a ps3.
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 08:55:47 PM »

I'll take all of the above, but right now, no consoles are focusing on those genres :(
^_^

Himu

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 08:57:15 PM »
Fact is, people need to stop using the word hardcore period.
man you guys get so worked up.

I bought a wii for specific franchises.  I have 5 games: wii sports (came with system and has great MP), Wii play (good MP and extra controller, and the 3 real games are RE4 (never played it before), mario galaxy, and Metroid Prime.  That's not bad for a FIRST YEAR.  I don't like it nearly as much as 360 but it's worth the cost.  The only big game I know I'm getting next year is No More Heroes but hopefully more good games will come.  What nintendo basically did is they took gaming back to the stone age (in terms of gameplay) and started it off with a slightly rounder wheel.  If a developer really tries, the games will turn out really good.  and maybe even unique.

In comparison, I have like 20 360 games but that's much more than I would honestly expect to have from the first two years of a console.  If you're a hardcore gamer who owns a wii, you most likely have enough games on it to justify it (considering it's only been a year).  I have no reason to buy a PS3 yet cause I hate MGS and I don't play many RPG's.

Wii has no games. It's got Super Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Trauma Center, and that's about it for the past year. That's enough for one year's worth of gaming for a hardcore gamer? Especially when you consider that all of those games are in established IP's and nothing new?
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:30 PM »

I'm talking about on the way. Next year, wii only has No More Heroes and...uhhhhhh. Smash.

King Story and Fragile both look like they could be interesting.
^_^

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »
Im still not sure what point Himuro is trying to make here. That hes going to buy a PS3, and the console isnt an overpriced turd? That he's still scarred from owning a Wii, becuase its really that much of a repulsive console? Wii already has 10 x more compelling exclusive titles regardless of what 'looks ok' that is to be released on PS3. becuase lets face it, every supposed PS3 'killer app' has been a shitstorm of fanboy damage control and meltdowns. bag the Wii all you want, theres enough good games on it already to make it worth owning, sure It cant be your only console, but its a nice supplement to my PS2 and 360.

Valkyrie of the Battlefield looks OK, but is graphically outshined by several Gamecube titles. The only PS3 game Im interested in is Yakuza 3, and thats for all the wrong reasons. Im not expecting the game to be good, just hopefully as funny as the 1st. Sega will release a superior 360 version with extra unlockable content and achievements anyways.

I recently was put off trying to romance a certain babe becuase she thought PS3 was superior to 360, no shit. Its honestly the most frustrating thing ever when your hear someone say that IRL

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 09:01:52 PM »
Wii has no games. It's got Super Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Trauma Center, and that's about it for the past year. That's enough for one year's worth of gaming for a hardcore gamer? Especially when you consider that all of those games are in established IP's and nothing new?
The only one of those I own are Mr. Gay.  The other two games are decent though, although one is just a remake but I don't have a huge problem with that considering I never played it before and I disliked the controls in the GC demo, but loved them with a wagglewand for some reason (plus the Wiimake comes with all the extra content).  And my friends and I get a kick out of the multiplayer.  It's a lot better social experience playing wagglewand party games than it is to sit around halo split screen or something.

Himu

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 09:02:35 PM »
All ps3 killer apps this year have sucked or been nothing new at all.
IYKYK

JOttoson

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 09:03:25 PM »

Get the fuck out of here.

The Power Pad says hi.

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
himuro's got one thing right.  the ps3 lineup next year is more appealing to me than the wii's. 
pyh

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 09:06:44 PM »

So then you're just asshurt because Nintendo is doing well? That's even worse, kid!  :lol
dap

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 09:07:29 PM »
I recently was put off trying to romance a certain babe becuase she thought PS3 was superior to 360, no shit. Its honestly the most frustrating thing ever when your hear someone say that IRL

:( i'm disappointed scenester.  i know how passionate you are about the 360, but dismissing ass because of a console preference is just... hey look, it's frank from dead rising!
pyh

Himu

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

So then you're just asshurt because Nintendo is doing well? That's even worse, kid!  :lol

It has nothing to do with doing well, it's more that Wii's games suck and I'm tired of people acting like waggle is superior to a gamepad.
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:46 PM »
himuro's got one thing right.  the ps3 lineup next year is more appealing to me than the wii's. 

I don't know.  Look at the PS3 titles that were supposed to be AAA so far: Resistance, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted

MGS4 will deliver fo sho but it's coming to the 360 too.  

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 09:09:02 PM »
waggle is trash and the only thing worth bragging about the wii is its sales figures.  no need to be insecure himumumumu
pyh

Himu

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »
Hahhaah Ratchet and Clank.

The hilarious thing about Ratchet and Clank is that many of the people saying it's goty or whatever hadn't previously played a Ratchet game. I'm like, where the fuck have you been.
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »
Sixaxis is more trash than waggling.  I've yet to play 1 PS3 game with motion controls that I didn't want to switch off.  

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »

:( i'm disappointed scenester.  i know how passionate you are about the 360, but dismissing ass because of a console preference is just... hey look, it's frank from dead rising!

hehe, I wasnt being 100% serious, she had some personal issues and I couldnt really tell if she was keen on me or not, I did quite like her though, and she was into some cool games. I might drop her a line again sometime in the future but Im not sure if it would really work anyways. Her console stance did annoy me but I could get over it. I exaggerated things a bit in my post for trolling purposes.

she doesnt like handlhelds either!  :'(

Himu

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2007, 09:11:53 PM »
Sixaxis L2 and R2 buttons suck shit through a straw. I've yet to meet any person who says they prefer the ps3 pad to the 360 pad who isn't a mother loving fanboy.
IYKYK

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:11 PM »
It has nothing to do with doing well, it's more that Wii's games suck and I'm tired of people acting like waggle is superior to a gamepad.

People act like that? Where?

Certainly not on EB, because nobody likes the Wii!

Your argument is certainly compelling, Himuro. By the way, Shenmue? It sucks.
dap

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:42 PM »

oh shit  :lol
dap

Himu

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:54 PM »
Don't act like you haven't read people say shit like that Corny.
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:01 PM »
The DS2's sticks and shoulder buttons were much better.  Don't know why Sony changed the stuff that didn't need changing.  

Saint Cornelius

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:49 PM »
Don't act like you haven't read people say shit like that Corny.

??? I haven't! People I know enjoy the Wii for what it is and enjoy the 360 for what it is.

BUT OH MY FUCKING GOD DID YOU SEE THAT "SCENE-IT" CONTROLLER? FUCKING RUINING GAMING!
dap

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2007, 09:13:54 PM »
I don't know.  Look at the PS3 titles that were supposed to be AAA so far: Resistance, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted

MGS4 will deliver fo sho but it's coming to the 360 too. 

true, and i don't have much faith in PS3 exclusives either, but i'd rather be playing B-rated, technically advanced hi-def titles than stare at 480p gamecube vomit for hours.  as much as i love mario, it looks like shit on my TV and makes my wiimote flaccid.  and fuck yea i'm superficial like that.
pyh

Himu

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2007, 09:14:09 PM »
The ps2 controller is ugh to me to now. The analog sticks don't have grooves in them so you can let your thumbs rest, it doesn't have triggers, ugh...

Only thing DS and Sixaxis have over 360 pad is the dpad
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2007, 09:16:45 PM »
and hyp we gotta get some of them undertow achievements bra. I'll msg u next I see ya on live