Author Topic: HDLoader, I SUMMON YOU! (Hot sex with no loading times ahoy)  (Read 1395 times)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
HDLoader, I SUMMON YOU! (Hot sex with no loading times ahoy)
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »
 :-*

I just put in an order to get HDLoader for my PS2. It should be in my hands in 1-4 days (fucken $12 for that shipping, $30 for 1 day shipping  :o ). Its shipping out of Canada, so I guess its understandable (its all Cloudwalkings fault and other Canadians).

I WAS going to get a $120GB HDD for like $60 BUT I had a 40GB HDD on hand. But like everything else, life needed to screw me in the butt and have it be the type of drive that does not fit on the Network Adapter. About to press order on a new HDD, I just said fuck it and opened up the Network Drive and muscled that son' bitch on to the Adapter. Its mounted (hot), though just a lil crooked. Now I need to wait for the Software.

I know the drive is on correctly (fortunately) since I can hear it spinning up, then spinning down when I turn the PS2 on. Yay!

This purchase is specifically for DQVIII, FFXII and VP2 (and other games in my PS2 backlog).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:59:42 PM by BlueTsunami »
:9

morphix

• Let's make a deal
Re: HDLoader, I SUMMON YOU! (Hot sex with no loading times ahoy)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 01:10:44 PM »
should have put the money towards a PS3  :P
BUN

Shuri

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 01:12:05 PM »
If you have an action replay or any way to transfer saved games to a ps2 memory card, you could have got an updated version that supports 90% of the games outside with unlimited hd space, for free. The one you bought is old, not updated and doesnt work with new games

YOU FOOL!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 01:20:12 PM »
If you have an action replay or any way to transfer saved games to a ps2 memory card, you could have got an updated version that supports 90% of the games outside with unlimited hd space, for free. The one you bought is old, not updated and doesnt work with new games

YOU FOOL!

:O

OH no! I think I can patch it though...hopefully...

:(

Shuri

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »
yeah well you'll be able to now, by using the hddoader to access your memory card, BUT STILL!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 09:23:07 PM »
yeah well you'll be able to now, by using the hddoader to access your memory card, BUT STILL!

Thats a relief, I spent $30 on this software!

I'm also thinking about Ripping my games from my PC (via Externel USB HDD Enclosure through use of the WinHIIP program) then reconnecting the Drive back on my PS2 when I'm done. I heard ripping from the PC allows for better compatibility and whatnot, for HDLoader.

Can't wait to get this shit set up.

BTW: I'm buying some torque wrenches for the PS2 Ethernet Device. So I can disconnect the IDE and Power Interface and make it fit better on the drive. It looks like the things going to break if I keep it the way it was.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »
Swap magic would have been the better choice, but you would ave to have a fliptop or something like it.

But yeah WinHiiP is awesome.

Also what shuri says is true, hdloader 0.8b is out and is much better. Plus its free. Put it on your memory card!
萌え~

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 09:36:03 PM »
Hmmmm, I just googled that version of HDLoader and now I'm wondering if I can cancel my order from www.ConsoleSource.com. I can actually use Swap Magic and that HDLoader instead...

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 09:45:38 PM »
Well you have to have a fliptop as well, which also costs money. Do what shuri suggested.
萌え~

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 09:49:36 PM »
So Action Replay should be the way to go? I'm going to try and get in contact and cancel my order and just get an Action Replay device with the Flash Drive.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 09:55:13 PM »
Never tried the action replay route, but the independence exploit works rather well. You also need a ps1 game, hopefully you have one lying around.
萌え~

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 10:00:31 PM »
Fortunately I do (have PS1 games with me).

Thanks for the help Shuri and Viz!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 11:24:44 AM »
Ok I bought a Action Replay Max Evo yesterday (with the thumbdrive) and finally got the Exploit on my PS2....

It was a pain because the first issue I ran into...

1) I did everything I was supposed to do to get the exploit on the Memory Card but it kept telling me that the file already existed (when trying to uncrunch the .max file)

Resolution: I had to delete the PS2's System Configuration File on the Memory Card. Apparently the Exploit replaces this file. If you don't delete it beforehand, you just keep getting an error. Delete it, uncrunch the exploit and it should transfer fine

2) My Hard Drive was a drive that didn't connect correctly (the Power and IDE interface didn't line up right)

Resolution: I took apart the Network Adapter and disconnected the Power and IDE from the casing (so they can move around freely). This allowed me to connect the non standard drive. I needed to buy a Torx screwdriver though from Home Depot

3) HDloader couldn't recognize that there was a HDD connected (I was pissed about this one)

Resolution: I was reading the HD Compatibility Site for the PS2/HDLoader and saw that alot of the Western Digital drives didn't work at all (even when Modified to fit on the Adapter). Shifting through it, I saw one comment saying that the drive isn't recognized when set as Master (which is what you do for the standard drives). It stated that it worked flawlessly when set for Cable Select. Awesome.

I did that and HDLoader recognized my HDD :D . I just Installed Dragon Quest VIII and woah...Load Times are awesomely minimal. Took about 20 Minutes to Install too. The HDD is kinda loud...but I can live with that.

Well...thats the end of BlueTsunami's Exploiting his PS2 Adventures... :>

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »
You have done your research I see. Well done.
萌え~

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 07:29:14 PM »
Yep. Really wanted it done so spent some time reading up on certain sites about it. Props to the Something Awful forums. Thats where I got the info about deleting the PS2s System Configuration file.

Though, I've got a question about Read Errors. If I get a read error when trying to rip a game to the PS2 locally (ripping the game with the PS2, not Computer) would I be able to circumvent the problem by ripping the game with a better quality Computer DVD drive?

The disk I'm trying to rip is kinda scratched up and my thinking is that the PS2 laser would probably be affected by imperfections of a scratched game disk more easily.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »
I go to ps2-scene.org, they have all the answers.

You can't rip games with a computer DVD drive, and your ps2 probably cant read it because of the scratches.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 07:34:58 PM by Viz »
萌え~

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 07:59:36 PM »
Oh, when I meant ripping games I meant installing the game straight to the HDD with HDLoader through use of WinHiiP.

But I'll check out PS2-Scene and see what comes up. Thanks Viz!