Author Topic: Toy Home - I like it  (Read 512 times)

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
Toy Home - I like it
« on: December 21, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
So I liked the concepts and simple control in the demo - the demo leaves you feeling like the game could be great or just ok - considering it was Game Republic - I decided to give the full 10$ retail version a go. You basically control a toy car the same way you drive the taxi in the Wario Ware Smoothe Moves videogame - you hold the DualShock3 up in front of you like a steering wheel and twist it left or right to steer. R2 is the gas pedal, L2 is the break, triangle is the boost. very easy for a casual to play.

The demo features a time based race on the floor of a room filled with some clutter of funny objects but not nearly as close to being as busy as what you will find in an every-day Katamari Damacy stage. The promise of the full game having more of these and perhaps more interesting stages has been fulfilled and exceeded. This feels more like a next gen Katamari Damacy from a stage design standpoint (not a style and art direction standpoint as KD is WAY more far out - but for creating complex 3D environments with good physics and hundreds of objects, Game Republic completely delivers) - thats where the comparisons end tho as the gameplay gives you a single player mode to use to explore and race thru the courses as well as an online multiplayer battle mode with voice-chat etc

I am loving it so far especially for $10. crashing thru toy castles, plastic soldiers, balls, stuffed animals and stacks of blocks was never so fun.

I am hungry to Team Katamari's new game.

And like LAIR :) there is no optional analog control. So if you not feelin the SIXAXIS tilt games - dont bother with this.

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
Re: Toy Home - I like it
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 09:51:21 PM »
had no idea this was out - i might give it a whirl.

Did you like the demo?

If so I recommend - its way better then the demo.....if you didnt like the demo - AVOID