Author Topic: OMG C2D MacBook Pro is here I have some questions for you filthy Apple fegs  (Read 712 times)

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
1. I noticed they bumped the 7200 RPM drive on the 15inch model. Will I notice a performance difference with the 5400 drive?

2. Is the $350 Apple Care package worth it?

3. Matte is better right? I think I'm gonna get matte.  :-*

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
this thread is worthless without pics
duc

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
It looks like the last revision of the Macbook Pro.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
1. on large files and frequent file access, yes. it'll hurt game performance a bit.

2. I'll let TVC answer that, but given the fragility of laptops, I'd say go with it if you can afford it.

3. Yes. Shiny is for yucks.
duc

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
1. I noticed they bumped the 7200 RPM drive on the 15inch model. Will I notice a performance difference with the 5400 drive?

2. Is the $350 Apple Care package worth it?

3. Matte is better right? I think I'm gonna get matte.  :-*

1.  On the original MBPs, hard drive related tasks were about 10% faster on 7200 rpm drives v 5200 (or was it 5400, I forget).  The decision to remove 7200rpm drives from the 15" models is GAY.

2.  Get it if you can afford it.  Remember all the defects with original MBPs?  I also have a general policy of buying extra protection on portables anyway.

3.  I prefer matte, some people prefer glossy.  Glossy sucks if you like using your laptop in different places because they're glare prone.
serge

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
FUCCCCCCCCCKKKKK I really don't want a 17inch laptop but I also don't want to be stuck with a slower HDD.