Author Topic: Will you be depressed when a new despot is in control of Iraq?  (Read 1846 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Will you be depressed when a new despot is in control of Iraq?
« on: October 25, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »

It looks like we will be pulling out of Iraq by 2008, with no real signs that things will be better or more stable. It almost seems a foregone conclusion that some military guy (similar to Hussein) will take over that country again. It's just the way that part of the world operates.

I just hate the idea of turning the news on one day, and seeing some dictator shooting his rifle in the air, celebrating the overthrow of "America's puppet government".

All those billions of dollars wasted ... all those lives wasted ... all of it.

:-\

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Re: Will you be depressed when a new despot is in control of Iraq?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 12:52:51 PM »
Too late

Good news though a single despot will not be able to control all of Iraq because of the many civil wars that will take place.  :P

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:56:21 PM »
i'll be happy because our troops won't be getting shot at for bogus reasons and they can actually defend us from real, tangible threads

we sure did a good job completely fucking up iraq's infrastructure. hooray for first-world hubris! hopefully we'll shy away from letting college republicans sacrifice lives for their nation-building games in the near future

:flag
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 12:57:56 PM by Drinky Crow »
duc

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 12:56:24 PM »
It'll just throw the country into full blown civil war, which I don't know if it's better or worse.  I am hoping against hope that some form of democratic government will take hold, but who knows.

I concur - what a waste.
PSP

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »
I am hoping against hope that some form of democratic government will take hold, but who knows.

You'd have a better chance at bringing enlightenment to the Deep South or musical taste to the North West than creating a united liberal democracy in Iraq.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »
hey, at least all y'all republican types got to play the vicarious superhero and see an EVIL SUPERVILLAIN OVERTHROWN!!! wooo TEAM AMERICA!!!!!!
duc

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 01:04:04 PM »

I just hope you're not going to somehow pin this on the Clinton administration, Democrats, or libruls.
dap

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 01:20:07 PM »
lol vietnam. seriously i dont have cable or watch the news it makes my life pretty simple :)
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 01:20:57 PM »
I hope BATTLEFIELD BAGHDAD is alot more fun that BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM
PSP

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 01:27:41 PM »
I'll be sad if Iraq turns into a theocracy with a Muslim government.

Saddam was a much better alternative.  Bush really should have just mended fences with Saddam and used him to destroy Iran instead.

HOT

ToxicAdam

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 01:28:30 PM »

I just hope you're not going to somehow pin this on the Clinton administration, Democrats, or libruls.

No, it's definitely Bush's war. I am angrier at the assholes that let Bush win the 2000 nomination. The Rush Limbaugh's and the Ralph Reed assholes of the Republican party. I haven't voted since that primary.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 01:29:43 PM »
no reason to vote for pres if the losing party pulls magical votes out their ass to win.
o_0

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »
no reason to vote for pres if the losing party pulls magical votes out their ass to win.
Vote for congress this fall if you aren't in Diebold country.  :-*

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »
No, it's definitely Bush's war. I am angrier at the assholes that let Bush win the 2000 nomination. The Rush Limbaugh's and the Ralph Reed assholes of the Republican party. I haven't voted since that primary.

I was more conservative back then and I was quite bewildered by the choice of Bush. It seemed like he was anointed by the powers that be and I have never understood why.

Cheebs

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 01:34:12 PM »
Michigan picked McCain over him back in the primaries so don't blame me. McCain was sane back then at least. Too bad the man is a mental case these days.

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:04 PM »
Michigan picked McCain over him back in the primaries so don't blame me. McCain was sane back at least. Too bad the man is a mental case these days.
I'd like to see how you would survive torture and brainwashing at the hands of authoritarian monsters.

And lets not forget what happened to him in Vietnam.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:20 PM »
I will be torn. On won hand I'll rejoice that our brave soldiers are home with their families and out of warm's way. yet on the other hand I'll be a bit upset that the world will be less safe. The last thing we want is a military/terrorist friendly government in Iraq, but that's going to happen once we leave. :(

MrAngryFace

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:49 PM »
wa always votes dem. and its not like republicans wouldnt pull some national security shit outta their asses if demc were against em in congress. i have almost zero confidence in the process anymore.

People just fuckin doin what they want these days.
o_0

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »
I was totally supportive of the war initially, not due to 9/11 x 1,000, but the purported national security threat of Saddam attaining WMDs and selling them to enemies of the state.  Just like I do with Kim Jong Crazy Pants.  But if you're going to make a case for war, you better be damn sure it's rock solid and not this song and dance.

If you asked me three months ago if we should start phasing out troops, I would've completely and passionately disagreed.  I mean, US troops are the only thing that is keeping that country from a full blown civil war.  Now I think it's too far gone, and we can do nothing to help and can only add fuel to the fire.  The country will collapse, so it's best to get out now.  There's no feasible way for America to repair this situation for the time being.  We can only hope when the dust settles that the President in charge will help clean it up.
PSP

MrAngryFace

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:09 PM »
I think we should like, fix some america shit, fuck other countries for a little while huh
o_0

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 01:43:52 PM »

Fair enough.
dap

Cheebs

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »
Michigan picked McCain over him back in the primaries so don't blame me. McCain was sane back at least. Too bad the man is a mental case these days.
I'd like to see how you would survive torture and brainwashing at the hands of authoritarian monsters.

And lets not forget what happened to him in Vietnam.
McCain was soooo brainwashed by Bush after 2000. Look at him now!

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 01:56:50 PM »
He wasn't brainwashed. If anything he realized his jig and dance was futile against the Rove warmachine, so he joined it. But by "joined" I mean he stopped fucking with them, instead playing along. They still can't stand him lol, and he's not considered to be "one of the boys".

He sold out like Liz Phair

Cheebs

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 02:11:54 PM »
He's a flip-flopper  :shh

ToxicAdam

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:35 PM »
McCain has a soldier's mentality. If he isn't picked to be the leader, he will follow whatever the leader says. It's a guy you want on your team .. but probably not to lead a team.

With our current two party system, you are almost forced to become a team player if you want to remain in politics. Trying to be a "loose cannon" is not a smart long term strategy in politics.

At some point, you are going to need help from the National Party. If you are out of favor, you are out of luck.

--- ---

I really thought he was going to stand his ground on that "torture" bill ... but he caved, as usual.