Author Topic: What American Accent Do You Have?  (Read 2294 times)

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
What American Accent Do You Have?
« on: November 03, 2006, 01:59:04 AM »
http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

:pimp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: What American Accent Do You Have?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 02:00:14 AM »
This is bullshit.  You sound like the mom from Bobby's World, but you've got that Canadian thing going on.  You have probably the funniest accent of anyone I know.
PSP

cloudwalking

• I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND I LIVE IN SWITZERLAND
  • Forum Princess
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 02:01:30 AM »
This is bullshit.  You sound like the mom from Bobby's World, but you've got that Canadian thing going on.  You have probably the funniest accent of anyone I know.

The quiz doesn't lie, Willco. :pimp

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 02:03:11 AM »
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

----

I'm from Pennsylvania.
8=D

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:04:32 AM »
The Inland North.

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

But Philly and The Northeast were right behind it in the scale.

I'm from Long Island.

I call it soda.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:06:11 AM by CajoleJuice »
AMC

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 02:04:44 AM »
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I call it Pepsi.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 02:06:39 AM »
This quiz fucking fails.
AMC

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 02:07:31 AM »
"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

That's bullshit.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 02:13:41 AM »
According to this, the Midland.

I used to have a bit of a London accent.  Americans thought I was British, but Brits knew I was American.  Now I have this awful, nasal suburban white guy mid-Atlantic thing going on.

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »
The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

2.The Inland North   
3. The Northeast

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
http://www.gotoquiz.com/do_you_deserve_your_high_school_diploma
You paid attention during 97% of high school!
85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Pfft I never received a high school diploma. I dropped out in grade nine and many years later received a GED.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:27:18 AM by malek4980 »

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 02:29:53 AM »
How Popular Are You?

You Are 3% Popular!

Sorry to say this, but you just aren't popular. Hopefully you are the kind of person who doesn't care about that. But if you do, try to be a little more friendly and see where it takes you.

:'(

How Canadian Are You?
You are 80% Canuck!
Now that's what I'm talking about! You did good, you really, really did. I can call you my friend and not have to feel ashamed, and I thank you for that, really I do. Thank you, that is just really great!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:34:26 AM by malek4980 »

cloudwalking

• Forum Princess
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 02:32:51 AM »
http://www.gotoquiz.com/do_you_want_the_terrorists_to_win

Your 'Do You Want the Terrorists to Win' Score: 98%

You are a terrorist-loving, Bush-bashing, "blame America first"-crowd traitor. You are in league with evil-doers who hate our freedoms. By all counts you are a liberal, and as such cleary desire the terrorists to succeed and impose their harsh theocratic restrictions on us all. You are fit to be hung for treason! Luckily George Bush is tapping your internet connection and is now aware of your thought-crime. Have a nice day.... in Guantanamo!

cloudwalking

• Forum Princess
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 02:36:48 AM »
You Are 25% Popular!

You aren't so popular. Well, you could have done worse. But you definitely fall near the bottom end of popularity. Sorry about that. Maybe you can try to be more friendly and outgoing or reinvent your style and see what happens.

---

You are 89% Canadian

You are the ULTIMATE Canadian! Pass the beer and turn on the hockey game, eh! Take comfort in the fact that the rest of the world loves you, even if you are freezing your ass off in your igloo!

:pimp

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 02:37:44 AM »
Your 'Do You Want the Terrorists to Win' Score: 66%

Damn it you're more popular, more Canadian (HEY I'M STILL HERE) and you like the terrorists more.
At least I have the better accent. CBS Evening News Here I come!

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 02:38:02 AM »
You are 100% nerd, cloudwalking.
PSP

cloudwalking

• Forum Princess
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 02:38:55 AM »
I'm still more Canadian than you and I've lived in the USA for 7 years :hyper

You can take the girl out of Canada, but you can't take the Canada out of the girl :-[

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 02:41:18 AM »
74% for the terrorists.
AMC

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 02:45:49 AM »
How Old Do You Act?

How Old You Act: 86
You're a bit of an oddball, but I can't say that that's a bad thing. You think clearly, and you may be a little more involved in life that takes place in an age group older that yourself, and have friends from an older generation as well.

Well at least I'll be dead soon.

How Stupid Are You???
You are 0% STUPID!

Can't argue.

Should you have kids?
''You are 100% Ready for a child"!
"Start The baby machine" You would be a #1 Mom or Dad, go ahead and start making babys!The stork awaits you!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:51:10 AM by malek4980 »

cloudwalking

• Forum Princess
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 02:49:40 AM »
Which celebrity are you most likely to have sex with?
Your Result: The Rock

You like your men to be attractive but you also want them to be able to kick some ass. You like the big, strong, athletic types with that chisled look.

:S

---

How Ghetto Are You
Congratualtions! You are 0% ghetto

It looks like you keep yourself out of the ghetto and are living ghetto free. Also, you may be white.

:rofl Best quiz result ever.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:52:32 AM by cloudwalking »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 02:52:39 AM »
What mental disorder do you have?

ADD - bar filled
Manic Depressive - halfway filled

Celebrity you are most likely to have sex with:

Nick Lachey

WTF

AMC

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 02:52:57 AM »
I got Nick Lachey

Juice let's fuck.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:56:08 AM by malek4980 »

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 02:54:39 AM »
We are too much alike.

:-*

I got 86% on the high school quiz too.

How Emo Are You?
You are 22% Emo. Ha Ha!

Normal. You may have some hard stuff goin on, but it doesn't bother you too much. That's okay. Good work and thanks for playing...
AMC

Flannel Boy

• Icon
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 02:57:44 AM »
You are 19% Emo. Ha Ha!

Normal. You may have some hard stuff goin on, but it doesn't bother you too much. That's okay. Good work and thanks for playing..

etiolate

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 02:58:35 AM »
I just saw this thing on livejournal.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:25 AM »

cloudwalking

• Forum Princess
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »
Quizzes are fun when you're really bored.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_kind_of_holiday_retail_clerk_are_you

What Kind of Holiday Retail Clerk are You?
Your Result: The Grinch

Merry F*%#ING Christmas! Bitter, cynical and overworked, you are fed up with the holiday, the rude shoppers who use baby strollers as shopping carts, and the fact that you have had to listen to the same lame loop tape of 8 holiday classic songs being butchered by the latest American Pop Talent since labor day. If one more person asks you where your Christmas spirit is, you are going to hang them by the chimmeny with care with a string of festive lights and tinsel.

Ahahaha that is spot on :pimp :rofl

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 03:02:22 AM »
You are 19% Emo. Ha Ha!

Normal. You may have some hard stuff goin on, but it doesn't bother you too much. That's okay. Good work and thanks for playing..
Malek, I think we're soulmates.
AMC

etiolate

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 03:04:39 AM »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 03:05:38 AM »
Your Result: Mrs. Claus

You have been there longer than everyone else. You are a Permanent Employee, and not seasonal help at all. You are in charge and you know it, but you let the manager think he's the boss. Everyone looks to you to for inspiration, and you keep those holiday cookies coming to keep your co-workers motivated. you don't really want authority, but like the status and special treatment that you receive as a "vet." For you it is a winter wonderland indeed.

Decently accurate, but why are all my results getting gendered the wrong way???

Ecrofirt

• Heavy Metal Jesus
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 03:59:50 AM »

You have been there longer than everyone else. You are a Permanent Employee, and not seasonal help at all. You are in charge and you know it, but you let the manager think he's the boss. Everyone looks to you to for inspiration, and you keep those holiday cookies coming to keep your co-workers motivated. you don't really want authority, but like the status and special treatment that you receive as a "vet." For you it is a winter wonderland indeed.

Decently accurate, but why are all my results getting gendered the wrong way???
Probably because you like playing the rusty trombone.
8=D

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 04:12:17 AM »

but i'm not american..
P90

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2006, 04:57:41 AM »
Which celebrity would you have sex with?
Your Result: Keira Knightley

You like your women to be sexy and adventurous with a little bit of the girl next door thrown in. You want the good girl with the proper manners one min and the swashbuckling pirate lover the next.

How is saying that having things clean "doesn't matter" make you switch from Tommy Lee to Kiera Knightly?

How emo are you?
You are 20% Emo. Ha Ha!

Normal. You may have some hard stuff goin on, but it doesn't bother you too much. That's okay. Good work and thanks for playing...

How ghetto are you?

It looks like you keep yourself out of the ghetto and are living ghetto free. Also, you may be white.

What stereotype do you belong to?
Your Result: Emo

writes poetry, cries a lot, single, wears a lot of black, dyed hair black, wears hair in front of their face, would rather be alone than with people, has a myspace to meet other emo people

Worst test ever.

Do you deserve your High School Diploma?
You paid attention during 74% of high school!

68-84% Pretty good, you know that there are libraries and newspapers, and you remember what you've read. You were a child that wasn't left behind!
Woo.

CrystalGemini

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 05:02:12 AM »
Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

Most like to Least like:
The West   
The Midland   
North Central   
Philadelphia   
The Northeast   
The Inland North   
The South

What Kind of Holiday Retail Clerk are You?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:14:12 AM by CrystalGemini »
O_O

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2006, 05:28:40 AM »
You Are 31% Strange!

You are very slightly strange. This means you are quite normal. You don't exactly freak out old grandmas or anything. You most likely fit in well with the crowd. Hey, it's okay, being normal ain't so bad.
P90

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2006, 05:31:08 AM »

P90

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2006, 09:27:15 PM »

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »
What accent do I have guys?  Do I actually have the "jersey" accent?

fuck I gotta get ready

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 10:33:59 PM »

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 11:30:34 PM »
Its says midland, but I was born in california, and raised in Alaska.

PEN AND PIN ARE DIFFERENT.
萌え~

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 12:41:31 PM »
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.
boo

Prost

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2006, 08:44:01 PM »
What American accent do you have?

The West   
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 08:45:42 PM by Prost »
:-þ