Author Topic: DVD Tuesday - 11/7/06  (Read 1306 times)

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
DVD Tuesday - 11/7/06
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »

Solo

Re: DVD Tuesday - 11/7/06
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 10:24:02 AM »
Im sticking with the non-screwed up 2003 Bond sets, so nothing this week for me.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »
2nd week with NOTHING lol
o_0

morphix

• Let's make a deal
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 11:43:24 AM »

Midnight Sleezy Train Complete Collection

Finally all of Midnight Sleezy Train in one convenient package.
BUN

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »

I'm there.
duc

G The Resurrected

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »
Im sticking with the non-screwed up 2003 Bond sets, so nothing this week for me.

Tell me whats wrong with the new sets. I cant stand the discoloration on the 2003 dvd's i got a good 2 inches around my screen thats brighter than the rest of the film. Most notable on all the  movies before Goldeneye.

Wonder if i'll dip for Transformers i love that freaking movie.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 12:20:34 PM »
MOrphix: What happened to GIVING Up HENTAI
o_0

Solo

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 01:12:48 PM »

Tell me whats wrong with the new sets. I cant stand the discoloration on the 2003 dvd's i got a good 2 inches around my screen thats brighter than the rest of the film. Most notable on all the  movies before Goldeneye.

They screwed around with the framing/aspect ratios and coloring of most of the films. So now youve got a crystal clear image, but a screwy one. I dont understand why they cant restore something and not fuck something else up :(

VALIS

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 03:53:25 PM »

They screwed around with the framing/aspect ratios and coloring of most of the films. So now youve got a crystal clear image, but a screwy one. I dont understand why they cant restore something and not fuck something else up :(

I dunno man, based on comparison shots I still think the new dvds look quite a bit better than the old ones, though. The nicer tvs and monitors I get, the more that grain or dirt on the film stock bugs me. Last night I was watching the Poltergeist dvd and the film it looks like it was coated in mud first before transferring.  :(
LIK

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 04:56:35 PM »
This week is full of fail  :-\
haa

Solo

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 07:48:12 AM »

I dunno man, based on comparison shots I still think the new dvds look quite a bit better than the old ones, though. The nicer tvs and monitors I get, the more that grain or dirt on the film stock bugs me. Last night I was watching the Poltergeist dvd and the film it looks like it was coated in mud first before transferring.  :(

Well, it's obviously a personal, subjective decision. Do you want somewhat mediocre transfers, yet with the correct OARs and color timing, or pristine, restored transfers, yet with wacky framing and color issues?

I would hardly tell someone not to get the new Bond sets, especially if they dont already own them. What I am saying is that as someone who already owns the 2003 sets, and is a stickler for OARs and not tampering with films, I will personally not be getting the sets.

shedt

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »
Full Listing
(Image removed from quote.)

i watched this the other night with my wife it was really funny.