Author Topic: Xbox Live Question  (Read 534 times)

Rman

Xbox Live Question
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:20:58 AM »
I've been wanting to finish up WTM in Rock Band with my cousin for a while.  Since you can't play WTM online, I usually lug my ass to his apartment.  However, even though my gamer profile is saved on his 360, I always have to recover my profile.  When I later go to log into my 360 at home, I then have to recover my gamer profile as well.  Why isn't they game profile cached in both systems permanently? It's really annoying to have recover my profile all the time when moving between two different systems?  Does anyone know what's up with this?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
Re: Xbox Live Question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »
gamer profiles are "cut only" not copy.

does that help? lol

Rman

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
Huh?

You mean they can't reside in two 360s without having to recover the profile?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:13:43 PM by Rman »

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
if your profile is Xbox Live enabled, you can only keep it on one console... it makes sense since someone could potentially use your account locally on their box and enjoy all the XBLA stuff you purchased -- you'd be able to do the same thing at home.  which is a no no in microsoft's evil empire.
pyh

Rman

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 02:16:44 PM »
Oh, Microsoft.

I wish their was an option to keep your account in multiple 360s, and only authorize your own 360 to keep all your arcades games and dlc.  I just want these damn achievements. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »
yeah, but then people would bitch about them getting tied to one console.  microsoft is screwed either way as far as DRM the way I see it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 05:55:49 AM »
I've been wanting to finish up WTM in Rock Band with my cousin for a while.  Since you can't play WTM online, I usually lug my ass to his apartment.  However, even though my gamer profile is saved on his 360, I always have to recover my profile.  When I later go to log into my 360 at home, I then have to recover my gamer profile as well.  Why isn't they game profile cached in both systems permanently? It's really annoying to have recover my profile all the time when moving between two different systems?  Does anyone know what's up with this?

Get a Memory Card, problem solved

Also, every time you recover your profile, it negates your saves... like it doesnt identify them anymore for some reason. That may have been fixed, but people have been reporting tons of issues with saves.
fat

Rman

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »
So, I'd use a memory card for my machine like Groo and hyp mentioned?  And keep my profile on the other xbox?

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 01:13:12 PM »
No, keep the profile on the memory card and leave it in your machine, or take it with you.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 05:21:04 PM »
did anybody else have a bunch of connection problems with halo 3 over the weekend?  or just really bad lag?

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »
Yeah, XBL is having fits.
PSP

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »
yeah, but I've never seen it so bad...it felt like there was more lag then when I was playing the COD4 beta 20 minutes after the servers were cut off and it was randomly kicking people off.  it really sucked going back to 2-player split screen.