Author Topic: Ok, Fuck FF12  (Read 10960 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: Ok, Fuck FF12
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »
be sure to work in how sexy animu androids and space lolis figure into it all
duc

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2006, 02:05:24 AM »
Wave-E has got to be a fucking joke character lol.

Fuckin Xenosaga distinguished mentally-challenged fellows are annoying. You'd think they've never read a book.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2006, 02:28:14 AM »
FFXII is definitely not a deep game but I enjoyed the time I spent with it and will probably play through it again at some point in the future.  Despite making it all the way through VIII and getting 30 hours into IX this is the first Final Fantasy game since Tactics that I've actually liked.  Part of it is the story/characters, part of it is the battle system that allowed me to explore maps with little to no fuss.  I was in god mode most of the time so it actually felt a lot like playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance where I didn't have to mash the attack button.

My gambit setup was fairly simple even at the end.  I never used offensive magic, quickenings (why bother?), or espers.

Vaan was my party lead and gambits were 1. attack closest enemy 2. cast cura if a party member's health was lower than 70% (after battle is over, heal everyone up to conserve primary magic user's MP) 3. cast shell on Basch 4. self buff with haste/shell

Basch played the part of God (deserving of capitalization).  He was my offense.  1. was attack party leader's target which he never followed because after the 20th hour there were only 3 minutes where he wasn't berserk.  2. cast cura if a party member's health is lower than 70% (never used) 3. Cast Libra on self after berserk wears off and before Ashe can recast it

Ashe was my primary magic user although she only used offensive magic a handful of times.  1. cast curaja if a party member's health was under 30% 2. cast cura if party member's health under 50% (70% on bosses)  3. Berserk/Haste buff Basch 4. attack party leader's target

I controlled Vaan.  Most of the time I just explored and watched Basch 1 or 2 shot everything on the map.  For boss battles I cast dispel on the boss whenever necessary to keep haste/faith/bravery/shell off of them, secondary healed, took status effects off, and attacked.  Most boss battles were 30 second affairs, though.  I had trouble with the first demon wall, the dragon in the woods that is a status effect nightmare, and the bomb boss on the way to Archadia and that's it.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 02:30:26 AM by cubicle47b »

MrAngryFace

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2006, 02:33:42 AM »
Offensive Magic does seem almost completely useless.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 02:43:56 AM »
Apparently the end game AoE spells are great but since I destroyed things so quickly with physical attacks why bother?

I'm going to try to check out VP2 sometime soon.  I have a lot of things to play in the next few weeks but maybe after FFV/Twilight Princess and before I start FF3?  I should pick up Okami as well.  And Guitar Hero 2, of course.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2006, 02:45:23 AM »
Okami is okawesome
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2006, 02:51:03 AM »
Is the unarmed license thing worth it? I noticed there is something that boosts unarmed attacks.

I've got a scary queue myself :(
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2006, 03:05:13 AM »
I don't ever remember being disarmed.

My queue isn't that long.  I'm usually picky with the occasional splurge now and then.  This fall has been a pretty big exception but it won't last.  Especially after Burning Crusade comes out.

Himu

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2006, 08:56:26 AM »
Is the unarmed license thing worth it? I noticed there is something that boosts unarmed attacks.

make a monk.

IYKYK

Error2k4

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »
I'm surprised more media outlets didn't bring this up in their previews and reviews. This would be the easiest way to describe FFXII's battle system.

Good thing you're banned from GAF, cause I have a feeling that Ami would ban you as soon as hit the official FFXII thread.  ;)
nah. Amir0x doesn't work like that, first he tries to make you look like a fool and then if you overreact and start calling everyone shithead or whatever then he'll proceed to ban you.

he does like abusing the 'thread title change' option mods have.

AAA

Himu

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006, 01:43:25 PM »
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4836465&postcount=151

:lol

I don't hate FFXII at all! Just because I think the battle system is shit doesn't mean I hate it. For a game taht I waited a good 4 years for, FFXII is a massive FAILURE and disappointment.
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »
Haha, I've put 20 goddamned hours into FFXII and I still dont like it. But god damn production values and story.
o_0

Diablos

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »
My gambits so far are

IF ALLY < 60% HP USE CURE

ELSE ATTACK

END IF

by the end of final fantasy xii you are ready to program in QBASIC

:lol

Bumping this not to troll, as that would have meant making another FFXII hate thread when there already is one.

Megafoo

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2006, 05:29:47 PM »
as a long time FF player it feels good playing a Final Fantasy I enjoy, but holy fuck is this game EASY. you don't even really have to play it. Is it weird that i feel it's a good game but it should have never been made? The way the areas are divided also sucks off something. Nobody wants to wait that 3 seconds to enter and exit the weapon dealer, such a drag.
Rag

Himu

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »
I still say FFXII is the weakest 3d FF.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »
Yeah, the game IS incredibly easy for the most part.  Bosses aren't even really tough if you just chain together mist quickenings and keep two simple gambits in place.  You can kind of just walk through the game and watch your party wreck ass.
yar

MrAngryFace

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2006, 06:27:30 PM »
You just walk to cutscenes, thats the whole game. Im 32 hours in and questioning my resolve.
o_0

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »
I kicked both walls' asses. I need to start playing again now that I finished Zelda. Walking to cutscenes rules.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2006, 06:46:49 PM »
yeah I guess...
o_0

Diablos

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2006, 08:41:03 PM »

That's my boy.

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2006, 09:43:14 PM »

3D FFs are the weakest in the series.  You all know its true. :o
HOT

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2006, 01:48:23 PM »
I just beat Cid. How far am I in the game. This game is easy as shit so far. Glad I grinded early. I think I am going to make a run for the Zodiac spear.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:23 PM »
I traded in FF12 and got R6 VEGAS OMG OMG
o_0

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2006, 03:13:36 PM »
Got the Zodiac spear. Was kind of a bitch to get but now Basch is a one hit killing machine. And I thought the game was easier before... :lol

FF12 rules.

Diablos

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2006, 06:35:12 PM »
I can't wait to sell my CE next year for a couple hundred bucks (hopefully). I should just put it in a bubble mailer right now to keep it protected.