Author Topic: Netflix - fuckin up  (Read 717 times)

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
Netflix - fuckin up
« on: June 19, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
Important News Regarding Netflix Profiles   

Dear John,

We wanted to let you know we will be eliminating Profiles, the feature that allowed you to set up separate DVD Queues under one account, effective September 1, 2008.

Each additional Profile Queue will be unavailable after September 1, 2008. Before then, we recommend you consolidate any of your Profile Queues to your main account Queue or print them out.

While it may be disappointing to see Profiles go away, this change will help us continue to improve the Netflix website for all our customers.

If you have any questions, please go to http://www.netflix.com/Help?p_faqid=3962 or call us anytime at 1 (888) 638-3549. We apologize for any inconvenience.

- The Netflix Team

Just got this message.

Huge mistake on Netflixx behalf and their shitty message doesn't convince me that there is any upside.

Does this effect anyone else with multiple users in a single household?

patrickula

:piss Netflix :piss2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:26 PM »
:piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2 :piss Netflix :piss2
Anyone use the profiles feature on Netflix?  I do as I share an account with the two people I'm living with. SO WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT:piss2
I am very unhappy about this, removing features, nuking profiles along with their much vaunted personalized recommendations, this fuckin' SUCKS!
Digg this shit bitches.
:maf  :maf  :maf

They even have the gall to recommend you print out the extra profiles' queues :rofl

edit: threads merged, me = pwned
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:01:18 PM by patrickula »

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
Re: :piss Netflix :piss2
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
Re: :piss Netflix :piss2
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »
http://www.evilbore.com/forum/index.php?topic=22079.0

edit: lol, as soon as i post its merged.
XDF

patrickula

Re: Netflix - fuckin up
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »
 :lol
You made yours while I was working on mine.  I guess that shows me that I might as well continue not making threads  :-\
BUT SRSLY FUCK NETFLIX IN DA BUTT

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »
total faggory

So I guess instead of paying a single monthly fee for a 6 dvd plan and splitting it with my girlfriend - I need to pay double the price for two 3 DVD plans !

yay!

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »
You made yours while I was working on mine.  I guess that shows me that I might as well continue not making threads  :-\

hey dood - I want you to post more.

Consider this thread yours!

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 01:04:43 PM »
So whats the upside to this?

In the email NEtflix says - "dont worry, this allows for us to make other improvements"!

patrickula

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »
You won teh race, thread is yours.  Thanks for the encouragement though  :-*

On their blog they say that it was too confusing for some users, so they might as well get rid of it!
http://blog.netflix.com/2008/06/profiles-feature-going-away.html :piss2

This sucks most for parents who give their kids filtered accounts, but I'm not a parent myself, so whatever.  Seems like bad business for NF.

abrader

• Bomb-A-Daeus
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 01:23:23 PM »
I guess now instead of letting your kids pick their own movies - they gotta tell you so you can add them to your own qeue.....

Im gonna love having my girlfriend nag me over what movies to add - like im not fucking busy enough.

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »

You'll learn one day noob.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or maybe not, my threads still suck balls.  I'm just not "with it" (aka intarnerded out) enough to make decent ones.  That's why I pretty much stick to going into other people's threads and sexing them up.  I'm like that dude that shows up to a party and as soon as I walk in the door everyone orgasms big time and then they start to dry-gasm when I snort cocaine off my own crack.  :-*
[close]
:)