Author Topic: Official 360 E3 Live Stream of HUDSON: GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER  (Read 64058 times)

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
Re: Official 360 E3 Live Stream of HUDSON: GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER
« Reply #480 on: July 14, 2008, 03:53:13 PM »
It sucks that you have to have the disc in the tray in order to play from the HDD though.

... then what's the point?

I am gonna guess better performance and lower noise. But yeah, that really hurts the potential benefit of such a feature if you have to have the disc in to play it.
jon

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #481 on: July 14, 2008, 03:53:30 PM »
It sucks that you have to have the disc in the tray in order to play from the HDD though.

that will be cracked within a month, is my guess

I have a feeling the whole "Install to the HDD" will be very exploitable. It sounds like a reaction to the PS3 installs and god knows software additions like this are going to be full of holes.
:9

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #482 on: July 14, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »
Nintendo: "Wait, no xaggle? Well uh... forget what we just showed then. Never mind."
wtc

duckman2000

• A lot of shit pisses me off
« Reply #483 on: July 14, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »

... then what's the point?

faster loading

So, sort of like how some games have taken advantage of cache installs on the PS3 to cut down on load times then? Which has been generally shat on here, and elsewhere?

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #484 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »
I'm gonna go get a job just so I can purchase an Xbox 360. MS deserves my money after this coup :bow

Himu

« Reply #485 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:28 PM »
i seriously cannot believe that ff13 is appearing on 360.

i am still in shock even after an hour
IYKYK

drohne

« Reply #486 on: July 14, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
i've always been for ps3 installs, but yeah, we're going to see a ton of backpedaling on that front

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #488 on: July 14, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »

that will be cracked within a month, is my guess

I have a feeling the whole "Install to the HDD" will be very exploitable. It sounds like a reaction to the PS3 installs and god knows software additions like this are going to be full of holes.

if they crack it to where you can have any game disc, or a "dummy" disc in the drive, i'll bite just so i never have to swap discs to change games again

i'll still buy the games, of course

i'm all about game installs on any system
sup

cool breeze

« Reply #489 on: July 14, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »
In all seriousness, as someone who likes Sony and the PS3, they done fucked up big time and there is no change of them overtaking Microsoft or even Nintendo from now on.

Himu

« Reply #490 on: July 14, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A FF13 TOPIC FOR ME

KEV

DO IT
IYKYK

duckman2000

« Reply #491 on: July 14, 2008, 03:57:32 PM »
In all seriousness, as someone who likes Sony and the PS3, they done fucked up big time and there is no change of them overtaking Microsoft or even Nintendo from now on.

Depends on how big of a splash Killzone 2 makes. And yes, I'm completely serious.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #492 on: July 14, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
sup

Crushed

« Reply #493 on: July 14, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »

Depends on how big of a splash Killzone 2 makes. And yes, I'm completely serious.

HOME
wtc

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #494 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:03 PM »

The 360 has been doing pretty much nothing recently. FF13 is no where near ready to launch, I mean they didn't announce a launch window. To say that this is going to ruin Sony's chance of catching up is still a little hasty.
nat

Kestastrophe

« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:15 PM »
i've always been for ps3 installs, but yeah, we're going to see a ton of backpedaling on that front
In all fairness, there is a distinction between mandatory installs that are can be lengthy and/or frequent, and optional installs. 
jon

drohne

« Reply #496 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:36 PM »

One is optional...

have that argument with somebody who cares. the point is that installations are a trifling inconvenience, and shorter loading times are more than worth it

meanwhile 20gig owners have got to 'clean out the fridge' if they want to take advantage. i guess it's a good thing most of my xbla games are shit?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:02:09 PM by drohne »

Enl

« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »
You know Sony is in trouble when Final Fantasy jumps ship. It's like the Nintendo 64 all over again only it's still staying on the PS3. Watch it sell better on the 360 in the West.

Galaga 2 and Geo Wars 2 are my two favorite announcements but they only spent 2 minutes on them at the show. Whereas they spent 30 on the silly singing and B-movie game.
mmm

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #498 on: July 14, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
drohne is going insane... calm down, haha
fat

Kestastrophe

« Reply #499 on: July 14, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »
Depends on how big of a splash Killzone 2 makes.

I plan to purchase a PS3 for KZ2 as I very much liked the first game and I like what I have seen from the game so far, but I am skeptical as to whether it has mass market appeal.
jon

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #500 on: July 14, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
You know Sony is in trouble when Final Fantasy jumps ship. It's like the Nintendo 64 all over again only it's still staying on the PS3. Watch it sell better on the 360 in the West.

Galaga 2 and Geo Wars 2 are my two favorite announcements but they only spent 2 minutes on them at the show. Whereas they spent 30 on the silly singing and B-movie game.

I was cumming when Geo Wars and Galaga were shown. DO WANT, very much so
fat

duckman2000

« Reply #501 on: July 14, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »

One is optional...

So if you have it installed, and whoever you're going to play awesome XBL co-op with doesn't have it installed, you and your other XBL buddies would have to wait for him to load his slow ass loading game. Sounds like a hassle worthy of a PS3 game.

Phoenix Dark

cool breeze

« Reply #503 on: July 14, 2008, 04:03:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 and a number of other Sony games, but that stuff won't sell.  There is nothing the PS3 can have that will move consoles anymore.  Microsoft won.  It is over.

Only thing, and I mean the only thing that could save Sony here is if they show Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS3 locked down as an exclusive.  And by save I mean throw them a floating tube and hope they can swim back to shore before dying.

The 360 has been doing pretty much nothing recently. FF13 is no where near ready to launch, I mean they didn't announce a launch window. To say that this is going to ruin Sony's chance of catching up is still a little hasty.

I don't think so.  PS3 wasn't winning, but there was always a reasonable idea that it could have matched up or at least shown some competition to the 360.  That is all gone now.

patrickula

« Reply #504 on: July 14, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
Wow, these new dash features kick ass  :o

2.4(1) :rofl

duckman2000

« Reply #505 on: July 14, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
Depends on how big of a splash Killzone 2 makes.

I plan to purchase a PS3 for KZ2 as I very much liked the first game and I like what I have seen from the game so far, but I am skeptical as to whether it has mass market appeal.

I think it has plenty of mass market appeal. War theme with both sci-fi and traditional warfare influences, big old story of good vs evil, grit, blood, bombastic music, and a unique visual style and eye-catching, explosive presentation with great production values at least at a glance. It's going to be big, although it remains to be seen how big.

I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 and a number of other Sony games, but that stuff won't sell.  There is nothing the PS3 can have that will move consoles anymore.  Microsoft won.  It is over.

Nonsense.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #506 on: July 14, 2008, 04:04:41 PM »

I was always pro-install myself until this year.  There's been next to no performance benefit of these PS3 installs from what I've seen.  It's just compensating for the slow blu-ray drive.
Tacos

duckman2000

« Reply #507 on: July 14, 2008, 04:05:35 PM »

One is optional...

So if you have it installed, and whoever you're going to play awesome XBL co-op with doesn't have it installed, you and your other XBL buddies would have to wait for him to load his slow ass loading game. Sounds like a hassle worthy of a PS3 game.

WHAT IF YOUR CAT OPENS THE TRAY WHILE YOU'RE PLAYING?

Seriously, you're reaching.

Dude, I'm reposting arguments made by Xbots against installs.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #508 on: July 14, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
haha, what a bomb to wake up to. But still, does FFXIII even exist? We havent seen shit all about it except for the 'real time' fighting  ::)

Kestastrophe

« Reply #509 on: July 14, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »

I still think that LBP could be a system seller. Even though I am not hugely excited for it, the concept of the game seems accessible and appealing to a huge demographic, imo.
jon

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »

Only thing, and I mean the only thing that could save Sony here is if they show Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS3 locked down as an exclusive.  And by save I mean throw them a floating tube and hope they can swim back to shore before dying.

watch KH3 be on the Wii

KZ2 isn't going to do anything. I'm sure it'll sell well - like Resistance - but it won't be a huge Gears like hit. Gears 2 is going to sell 2-3 million copies before the end of the year at least. The Killzone franchise isn't on that level, and I don't see any hype outside of GAF

ananus

« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
this is like warner going bluray exclusive or whatever else it was that killed hddvd. despite knowing ff13 will suck, i'm just glad this is over because now everyone can buy the same system and we might have all the important games in one like the previous 2 gens.

mgs4 next please. :elephant

drohne

« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:22 PM »
It's just compensating for the slow blu-ray drive.

that would still be a performance benefit, unless you're exclusively taking a system wars perspective

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
haha, what a bomb to wake up to. But still, does FFXIII even exist? We havent seen shit all about it except for the 'real time' fighting  ::)

the ps3 version might, but the 360 version doesn't
nat

duckman2000

« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2008, 04:08:22 PM »

watch KH3 be on the Wii

KZ2 isn't going to do anything. I'm sure it'll sell well - like Resistance - but it won't be a huge Gears like hit. Gears 2 is going to sell 2-3 million copies before the end of the year at least. The Killzone franchise isn't on that level, and I don't see any hype outside of GAF

Do you seriously think that the "Killzone franchise" has jack shit to do with anything? This game is going to be massive, on a standalone basis. In terms of general appeal, it has everything Resistance doesn't, sad to say.

duckman2000

« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
Yep. The trailers have so far been right on point, which would be the first defining difference between this and something like Resistance 2. It doesn't hurt that it borrows heavily from very well known symbolism, and that it has an iconic enemy. It will be big. Insomniac seems primarily interested in making fun little combat games, whereas Killzone 2 here seems to be a calculated mass appeal push.

cool breeze

« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:24 PM »
Lol, once GOW3 gets announced, you'll change your tune.

That game will be MASSIVE.

...I totally forgot about God of War 3.  I was wrong!

:punch STILL IN THE FIGHT! PUNCH THAT SHIT, SONY! YOU'RE A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER TOO! DEAL WITH IT, MOTHERFUCKER!  :gun

More interesting shit to come!

And if KH3 is on the Wii, I will stick my Wii remote up my ass.  I'm serious.  Maybe.

duckman2000

« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2008, 04:13:25 PM »
Resistance 2 just doesn't have the presentation to be a blind purchase, which is what I think Killzone 2 wil be. I have nearly zero hope of KZ2 being an overall great or even good game, but that's hardly the most important thing these days.

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2008, 04:20:40 PM »
meh who cares

in this gen of ridiculous prices and assrapage

i feel bad i even bought one

AND I bought one for my best friend

so we could play final fantasy xiii together

i hope sony catches on fire
haw

Kestastrophe

« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »
This thread needs more meltdowns.

And by that I mean GAF meltdowns.
jon

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2008, 04:22:42 PM »

watch KH3 be on the Wii

Do you seriously think that the "Killzone franchise" has jack shit to do with anything? This game is going to be massive, on a standalone basis. In terms of general appeal, it has everything Resistance doesn't, sad to say.

How so? I'd argue Resistance is more appealing. KZ2 wins in terms of atmosphere and look (Resistance always struck me as generic looking) but in terms of gameplay Resistance sounds like The Big PS3 Game. KZ2 sounds like nothing more than a show of graphical ability.

I'll predict right now that KZ2 won't do much of anything in 2009 outside of expected numbers (high first month sales, nothing particularly impressive after that) while Resistance 2 will be a pretty big title, well...by PS3 standards

Crushed

« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
people all over the world

join hands

start a lulz train

lulz train
wtc

Grecco

« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »
People on Gaf claiming they were more hyped on 13 Versus than 13 now. SOOOOOOOOOOO fucking Hilarious.

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »
It's just compensating for the slow blu-ray drive.

that would still be a performance benefit, unless you're exclusively taking a system wars perspective

I'm taking it from a perspective of someone that owns both machines.  I'd rather have these installs give me a noticable difference that way choosing the PS3 version would be a no brainer.  As it stands now, all they're doing is eating up huge chunks of my HD.
Tacos

duckman2000

« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »
How so? I'd argue Resistance is more appealing. KZ2 wins in terms of atmosphere and look (Resistance always struck me as generic looking) but in terms of gameplay Resistance sounds like The Big PS3 Game. KZ2 sounds like nothing more than a show of graphical ability.

And you think that mass appeal is somehow measured in gameplay or even game quality more so than striking presentation? You have a lot to learn.  :lol

duckman2000

« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »

Do we have any unstable ex-GAFers with a Sony bent here?

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »
I hope duckman doesn't pull anything, he's really stretching shit here.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #527 on: July 14, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »

And you think that mass appeal is somehow measured in gameplay or even game quality more so than striking presentation? You have a lot to learn.  :lol

I'll buy you a drink if KZ2 becomes a massive hit. It won't. Write it down.

duckman2000

« Reply #528 on: July 14, 2008, 04:27:55 PM »
I hope duckman doesn't pull anything, he's really stretching shit here.

Stretching what? That Killzone 2 has plenty of mass appeal? You'd have to be a bit daft to argue otherwise.

I'll buy you a drink if KZ2 becomes a massive hit. It won't. Write it down.

We'll see. I'm usually right, some times. But I do know marketing, and presentation.

« Reply #529 on: July 14, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
Fallout 3 wheeeeeeeeeeeere?
orl

Kestastrophe

« Reply #530 on: July 14, 2008, 04:31:51 PM »
Not a meltdown, but still funny:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11954446&postcount=3577

Quote from: LiquidMetal
I think it's still a times Sony exclusive.
jon

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #531 on: July 14, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
[youtube=425,350]8IV3lD98paA[/youtube]

i really don't think that's new
it's a joke video i made like...a year ago or something.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #532 on: July 14, 2008, 04:35:15 PM »
500 Internal Server Error might as well be the neogaf homepage, you would think they care enough to use some ad revenue to fix that shit
萌え~

duckman2000

« Reply #533 on: July 14, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »
You'd think they'd go for a server provider that charges by uptime.

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2008, 04:36:21 PM »
500 Internal Server Error might as well be the neogaf homepage, you would think they care enough to use some ad revenue to fix that shit

I thought they were doing some updating/upgrades to get ready for E3 since they took search down for a while for that IIRC...

XDF

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #535 on: July 14, 2008, 04:37:30 PM »
Amir0x is owning that thread :bow  :lol

but just watch some other mod comb through it later and ban everyone that high fived Ami's meltdown

Tieno

• Iconz
« Reply #536 on: July 14, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »
It'd be funny if Nintendo also nabs 3rd party playstation exclusive. What's left?
i

Ganhyun

• Used to worship Muckhole. Now worships Robo.
« Reply #537 on: July 14, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »

but just watch some other mod comb through it later and ban everyone that high fived Ami's meltdown

Havent been able to read it for all the 500 server errors...
XDF

Crushed

« Reply #538 on: July 14, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »

I do admire his commitment.

The Sfags going insane over his posts. :rofl
wtc

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #539 on: July 14, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »

Do we have any unstable ex-GAFers with a Sony bent here?

Mondain?
^_^