Author Topic: Wal*Mart punks out fmr. Sen. John Edwards for trying to scam PS3 hookup  (Read 3779 times)

APF

Former Senator John Edwards Turns to Wal-Mart for PlayStation3

Even Presidential Candidates Agree: Wal-Mart is the Best Place to Shop for Hot Electronics Items this Christmas Season

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Just like the millions of Americans who turn to their neighborhood Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) for their holiday shopping needs, Wal-Mart announced today that former Sen. John Edwards is seeking to be one of the first to get a Sony PlayStation3, one of the most coveted holiday gift items this Christmas season.

Yesterday, a staff person for former Sen. Edwards contacted a Wal-Mart electronics manager in Raleigh, North Carolina to obtain a Sony PlayStation3 on behalf of the Senator's family. Later that night, Sen. Edwards reportedly re-told a homespun story to participants of a United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) union-sponsored call about how his son had chided a fellow student for purchasing shoes at Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart welcomes Sen. Edwards to visit his local Wal-Mart store and explore the extensive line of home electronics as well as the Metro7 line shoes for men and boys.

The Company noted the PlayStation3 is an extremely popular item this Christmas season, and while the rest of America's working families are waiting patiently in line, Senator Edwards wants to cut to the front. While, we cannot guarantee that Sen. Edwards will be among one of the first to obtain a PlayStation3, we are certain Sen. Edwards will be able to find great gifts for everyone on his Christmas list - many at Wal-Mart's "roll-back prices."

via

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
Re: Wal*Mart punks out fmr. Sen. John Edwards for trying to scam PS3 hookup
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:58:47 PM »
Wal-Mart won't be getting any favors from Mr. Edwards!
PSP

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:06:23 PM »
Edwards is cool I hope he gets nominated for 08. I get the feeling he will.

APF

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:23:03 AM »
Apparently there really *are* two Americas: one where Edwards self-righteously preaches against a institutionalized separation of "haves" and "have-nots," and one where Edwards attempts to use his waning influence as leverage against hordes of dedicated youths lining-up and camping-out just for the chance to buy a game console at launch.

Cheebs

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 10:01:28 AM »
Apparently there really *are* two Americas: one where Edwards self-righteously preaches against a institutionalized separation of "haves" and "have-nots," and one where Edwards attempts to use his waning influence as leverage against hordes of dedicated youths lining-up and camping-out just for the chance to buy a game console at launch.
waning? The guy is running for president for crying outloud and is one of the lead Dem' candidates for it currently. He is ahead in the all important Iowa polls.

APF

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 11:34:52 AM »
waning? The guy is running for president for crying outloud and is one of the lead Dem' candidates for it currently. He is ahead in the all important Iowa polls.

It's 2006, there are no important polls.

Cheebs

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 11:38:22 AM »
you dont think he will be a strong contender in the 08 primaries? He is raising A LOT of money and if obama decides to not get in edwards will be the main threat to hillary.

APF

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 12:06:51 PM »
I think he may be a contender, but I don't think he'll a) win, or if he does, b) win the Presidency.  I like Edwards, but I like a lot of people who aren't Presidential material.  I like Obama, but same thing goes for him.  We're always presented with such crap candidates that when someone comes around who is the least bit pretty and articulate, we fawn over them like they're the second coming.  At least Kerry actually distinguished himself in leadership positions; same thing with Clark, but he's a trainwreck.  The whole Dem landscape is depressing.

Cheebs

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 12:18:36 PM »
Both groups overall are weaker than normal it seems. The GOP seems to have more problems. Their top tier of McCain, Rudy, and Romeny are a mess.

McCain is a spineless hack who changes his mind on issues depending on who he is trying to appeal to. Flip-floping never wins someone a campaign. Conservatives still don't trust him and moderates are growing to despise him. He is burning any bridges he had in 2000. And he is pushing for INCREASED troop amount in Iraq. Something only 16% of the country approves of. Come on McCain. The most common thing I hear when I bring up McCain to people is "I would have voted for him....in 2000, not anymore."

Rudy..a pro-choice pro-gun control pro-gay marriage divorce hasn't got a shot in hell for the GOP

That leaves Mitt Romney! Oh boy! What an exciting candidate. Or maybe Newt!  :lol

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:24:08 PM by Cheebs »

Himu

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 12:19:40 PM »
At first it took me awhile to registre who John Edwards was lol

Kerry Edwards 04!!
IYKYK

Cheebs

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 12:20:15 PM »
At first it took me awhile to registre who John Edwards was lol

Kerry Edwards 04!!

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »
Well IM not voting for him if he's fool enough to throw away money on a launch unit of ANY console I cannot imagine what he'd do with the national budget lol.
o_0

Cheebs

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
Well IM not voting for him if he's fool enough to throw away money on a launch unit of ANY console I cannot imagine what he'd do with the national budget lol.
It smells of a PR stunt kiddo. I doubt he really cared about PS3.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »
I bet he's gonna make a public address about how awesome Genji is even tho its mediocre.
o_0

Cheebs

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 12:26:14 PM »
I don't see why Edwards would want one for his family. His kids are like 3 years old.

PR STUNT TOTAL

MrAngryFace

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »
Because GENJI IS THAT GOOD
o_0

APF

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »
I don't see why Edwards would want one for his family. His kids are like 3 years old.

PR STUNT TOTAL

~ Six and Eight now, but this is a good point; what games did he want to get his kids?  What "E" games are there at launch?  Madden?

Also, how is this a publicity stunt?

Cheebs

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 01:19:09 PM »

PR STUNT TOTAL
Get people to talk about him before he makes his run official(which will happen in a few weeks he hints at).

And it worked!

APF

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 03:03:17 PM »

PR STUNT TOTAL
Get people to talk about him before he makes his run official(which will happen in a few weeks he hints at).

And it worked!

Yeah, but it's making people talk about what a hypocrite he is!  It only worked because I'm an evil horrible troll!!

:-*

Cheebs

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »
He wants your vote APF. How can you say no to a face like this?

APF

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »
He already got my vote.  You do mean the, "politician you'd most likely go gay for" vote, right?

Cheebs

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 04:45:53 PM »
His wife lost a good deal of weight cause of cancer. She is a bit hotter now.  :-*

APF

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 06:26:57 PM »
Cancer fucking rocks.