Author Topic: I'm actually more excited about Superman Returns the game than  (Read 1426 times)

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
I'm actually more excited about Superman Returns the game than
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »
anything else hitting this month.   :-[

I mean, I expected it to totally suck, what with the movie being kinda gay and it coming from EA and the big delay.

But the demo is a lot of fun.  I dunno, flying around and breaking the sound barrier never gets old, and the physics engine makes this a bit more replayable than the Spider-Man games. 

I can only play the same three little encounters over and over because of the demo, but each time I play, I find new ways to improve my performance -I went from just beating the robots to learning how to throw them onto roof tops or into the beach to avoid civilian casualties...eventually I just learned to super breath them. 

I find I can pick up a car or a sign and toss it a few miles away...and super speed myself past the object and catch it in mid air.

Yeah, it's another Superhero sandbox and it's not for everybody...but damn if I'm not completely digging it. 

It would be perfect if:

I could fly into space
I could smash buildings
I could hurt civilians
I could pick up enemies and fly while holding them
I could use a fourth power (X-ray vision maybe?)
The soundtrack was from the movies (but that's an easy fix)

Am I the only one digging it?
HOT

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
Re: I'm actually more excited about Superman Returns the game than
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 12:43:35 AM »
well I haven't seen more on it, got some screens to post up in herrr

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 01:33:13 AM »
Go download the demo

In screens its not much to look at.  But the demo has a good frame rate and lots of stuff going on, and so far no v-sync issues!

HOT

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 07:42:56 AM »
I tried to download it but I have silver. Stupid gold exclusive demos.

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 08:04:38 PM »
Worth checking out when it's released to silver members.

Or you can sign up another account, you'll get a month free of gold (only works three times though).

Anyway, today I was experimenting with the combat system and there are air combos!

Fighting Metallo, I did a three hit combo ending in an uppercut, which knocked him a few feet in the air, then I switched to super-breath, blew him over a sky scraper, launched myself into the air (still targetting him) super-speeded past him, did a hammer punch knocking him towards the ground, super speeded past him again, re-launched him into the sky, then used super breath to keep him air borne to another part of the city away from civilians, knocked him back down to the ground, then followed with a super ground pound.

Just awesome stuff...and it's not canned.  I don't know if they intended to make the system so robust or if it is just a side effect of the physics engine and interactivity.

HOT

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 08:52:14 PM »
you made the demo sound cool.  i'm going to try it out.  are there any destructible environments?

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 08:53:46 PM »
you made the demo sound cool.  i'm going to try it out.  are there any destructible environments?

Unfortunately no.  Just a series of damage textures to buildings and the ground.

HOT