Author Topic: Gambit is in Wolverine movie - yay or nay?  (Read 6011 times)

Junpei the Tracer!

• I started with Nightbright and ended with Comics
Re: Gambit is in Wolverine movie - yay or nay?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 10:36:08 PM »
Gavin Hood won an oscar? for what?

He won an Oscar for a foriegn language film, which is a fake Oscar.  Like Best Sound. 

:/
Boo

cool breeze

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »
trailer was pretty cool.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2008, 10:40:46 PM »
I bet most of the Academy voters don't even watch all the Best Foriegn Language Film nominees.

Gavin Hood probably won because Tsotsi sounds kind of like Tootsie, and the Academy went with their gut.
PSP

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 01:31:43 AM »
Willco - check out Brube's Daredevil and Iron Fist (although Brubaker just left that one). Both are awesome. 'Devil in Cell Block D' is one of the best DD stories I've read (and I started reading DD during Frank Miller's original run...).

his Uncanny X-men however...I wouldn't touch it were it not for scans. Apart from that, I think I like basically everything he's written, with Sleeper probably being my fave.
vjj

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 01:35:52 AM »
I'll wait for an official trailer

wolverine is my favorite comic book character but...i know the movie will suck. i'll rent it just to see the awesome Hugh Jackman, who's fucking awesome and IS Wolverine

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 01:36:11 AM »
Forgive me for having the good sense to not follow X-Men at all during the past decade and a half, but has Gambit been retconned into Wolverine's origine in the comics, or is this movie shit?
serge

Tristam

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 01:43:30 AM »
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? They sure picked a good-looking guy to play a deformed killer.  ;)

I just remember that trivia bit from the back of a Skybox card. I never did read any of the X-men comics, but when I was a kid I collected pretty much every Marvel '92 and Skybox '93 X-men card. I always thought Deadpool, Omega Red, and Shatterstar looked cooler than everyone else.

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 07:22:09 AM »
Willco - check out Brube's Daredevil and Iron Fist (although Brubaker just left that one). Both are awesome. 'Devil in Cell Block D' is one of the best DD stories I've read (and I started reading DD during Frank Miller's original run...).

If he's written it, I've bought it or he gave it to me.  I don't know if I'd call it the best since Miller's heyday.
PSP

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 07:26:25 AM »
i havent' read any of his daredevil, but i haven't read all of the bendis run either.

i may just man up and buy the Omnibus edition since I haven't a hope in hell of getting the oversized hardcovers anymore

the thing which makes me hesitant about buy the omnibus editions is that they seem really unwieldy and hard to read and there's also a degree of fear that they won't ever put out a volume 2.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:39:37 AM by Eric P »
Tonya

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 07:35:21 AM »
But they're so big.
PSP

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »

If he's written it, I've bought it or he gave it to me.  I don't know if I'd call it the best since Miller's heyday.

That's fine, since I didn't call it that either. The killer flaw was

spoiler (click to show/hide)
not actually killing Foggy
[close]

Still, Miller, Bendis and Brubaker are really the only DD writers I like I think. Anyway, I don't see how you could like Cap and not like this or Immortal Iron Fist (especially the issues with David Aja art :drool)
vjj

Bacon

• MEMBER #37
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
Liev seems like pretty terrible casting for Sabretooth.

I wonder if Deadpool will be anything like the comics.