Author Topic: I give myself completely to the Dark Lord Nintendo  (Read 2784 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I give myself completely to the Dark Lord Nintendo
« on: November 18, 2006, 05:04:26 PM »
I give up on the PSP.

It's not that there are no good games--there are plenty of good games! But when I try to play those good games that've come out for it, the system's unwieldly size and weight, excessive fragility, poor battery life and awkward form factor all conspire against me. I give up on everything after just a few hours because I just can't get past the hardware itself. Nintendo was right--with the DS. For portable systems, more power is not always better.

I look to the horizon--Metal Gear: Portable Ops will be janky and unplayable, and Crisis Core will be a steaming pile of Nomura's shit. Lumines II is a downgrade total. And what else is there? Every Japanese developer has 250% moved over to the DS. The PSP has fought, and the PSP has lost.

I have no hope for the future of the system, and I want to sell my PSP and all of my games.

How did it come to this, EvilBore? How did something so beautiful go so terribly wrong?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 07:11:48 PM by Synthesizer Patel »
乱学者

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: I give myself completely to the Dark Lord Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:17:09 PM »
Owned
fat

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:42:51 PM »
Sony missed the boat on the PSP's design.

Function is the most important.  And sony knows this, but they misinterpreted the FUNCTION of a PORTABLE.  Sony thinks function is what the console/handheld can DO, but the actual function is HOW DOES IT DO IT,

So PSP takes a big shit on DS in terms of what it can do, but DS takes a huge shit on PSP in terms of how well it does it.

HOT

VALIS

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 07:04:03 PM »
I give up on the PSP.

It's not that there are no good games--there are plenty of good games! But when I try to play those good games comes out for it, the system's unwieldly size and weight, excessive fragility, poor battery life and awkward form factor all conspire against me. I give up on everything after just a few hours because I just can't get past the . Nintendo was right--with the DS. For portable systems, more power is not always better.

I look to the horizon--Metal Gear: Portable Ops will be janky and unplayable, and Crisis Core will be a steaming pile of Nomura's shit. Lumines II is a downgrade total. And what else is there? Every Japanese developer has 250% moved over to the DS. The PSP has fought, and the PSP has lost.

I have no hope for the future of the system, and I want to sell my PSP and all of my games.

How did it come to this, EvilBore? How did something so beautiful go so terribly wrong?

The other day I whipped out my PSP for the first time in months to play some games I had sitting around like Every Extend Extra and a few others. I go to play EEE... okay, I figured this, firmware update. I agree to the update, but oh, the battery isn't charged and must be charged first. So an hour and a half later I'm able to do the update, then I'm able to play the game I wanted to. Hurray? After sitting around with my thumb up my ass for an hour and a half, my anticipation is mostly shot, of course. Dumb.

edit: I should also mention the PSP was plugged into the wall, but still required a fully charged battery to do the update. Why the hell is this, anyway?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 07:20:02 PM by VALIS »
LIK

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »
Shoulda haxed it, would have saved time.
萌え~

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 07:35:15 PM »
edit: I should also mention the PSP was plugged into the wall, but still required a fully charged battery to do the update. Why the hell is this, anyway?

In case there's an impromptu power failure they want to make sure you have at least 4 hours of battery left to complete the firmware update...just-in-case.
乱学者

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:13:28 AM »
You have realized something that most of us have already realized long ago.
HLR

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss.

But, just think, in 5 years there will be nostalgia threads talking about how awesome the PSP was. Just like every other failed portable.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 12:45:40 PM »
Why give up? I have maybe 12 PSP games, which is even to my DS in games and that's more than my 360 right now and I support that one. Hell, my dreamcast is still hooked up. Does anything need to win?
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 01:52:38 PM »
Why give up? I have maybe 12 PSP games, which is even to my DS in games and that's more than my 360 right now and I support that one. Hell, my dreamcast is still hooked up. Does anything need to win?

Nothing really NEEDS to win, but it gives me a warm feeling inside when Nintendo loses.
yar

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 04:06:14 PM »

Nothing really NEEDS to win, but it gives me a warm feeling inside when Nintendo loses.

That's a bit sad.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 04:15:27 PM »
nah, I'd giggle like one of those GameLife fatties if the Wii bombed miserably
duc

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 04:19:35 PM »
I'd giggle if any of the new consoles bombed miserably.

You know what that brings us closer to Drinky...your forgotten dream...
AMC

Melissa

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 05:47:43 PM by Viz »

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 05:47:31 PM »

Owned

:lol :lol :lol

I'm glad to see we're encouraging Demi to go back to his less-is-much-less routine; Thomas makes the intarwebs fun!
dap

Melissa

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 05:49:27 PM »
I'm glad to see we're encouraging Demi to go back to his less-is-much-less routine
Yeah, not sure why I found that one funny...but I did! :D