Author Topic: Drinky Crow and TVC-15 Star In: Stupid Sunday Featuring the Wii!  (Read 15541 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Re: Drinky Crow and TVC-15 Star In: Stupid Sunday Featuring the Wii!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2006, 02:14:15 AM »
I got up at 6:30 every morning to watch DBZ on Saturdays. Watched that shit before it on CN lol

I would watch Dragon Ball; I still remember seeing the first episode and being like "why the fuck is everyone's eyes so big, and that bitch gotta tail?" :lol

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2006, 02:15:02 AM »
I remember watching DBZ on Univision because I loved it so much.  Holy shit, that's pathetic.

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2006, 02:15:45 AM »
I watched Pokemon in the mornings... :S

wait phoenix did you get up to watch Sailor Moon on purpose?? lol

Himu

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2006, 02:15:59 AM »
 :-\

But you knew spanish and we had spanish class
IYKYK

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2006, 02:17:24 AM »
Am I the only one who has never spent a minute on anything Pokemon related?
AMC

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2006, 02:18:07 AM »

Trick ass bitch!

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2006, 02:23:52 AM »
Have you seen the cartoons kids watch today? Horrendous.

Id rather buy them fucking blood filled anime and make them watch that crap.

it totally sucks that when i have kids, they won't get to experience the joy of getting up at 6 in the morn to watch cartoons.

That's something I wanted to do with my kids  :-\
:-\ qft

I remember getting up every Sat. morning around 6am to see Sailor Moon. First mother fucker who laughs gets a tooth stuck up their cock

I laughed, out loud.

So thats where it all began eh? Explains a lot.
萌え~

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2006, 02:27:26 AM »
Have you seen the cartoons kids watch today? Horrendous.

Id rather buy them fucking blood filled anime and make them watch that crap.

it totally sucks that when i have kids, they won't get to experience the joy of getting up at 6 in the morn to watch cartoons.

That's something I wanted to do with my kids  :-\
:-\ qft

I remember getting up every Sat. morning around 6am to see Sailor Moon. First mother fucker who laughs gets a tooth stuck up their cock

I laughed, out loud.

So thats where it all began eh? Explains a lot.

Trick ass bitch!

:(

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2006, 02:30:01 AM »
distinguished black fellow go watch Akira to redeem yourself, otherwise get out of my sight.
萌え~

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2006, 02:30:59 AM »
:-\

But you knew spanish and we had spanish class
:shh

I played the gameboy games for a year before I knew there was a cartoon and card game about them.  I never cared for either.  But goddamn, those games are addicting.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2006, 02:33:27 AM »
Trick ass distinguished black fellow face spic-ittie-do mother fucker, oh no you didn't call me a distinguished black fellow on a Sunday morning. I'm going to fuck a white woman and stick a chicken bone up her ass before sgiving her a semen facial skiddle'd with watermelon seeds

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2006, 02:35:23 AM »
What the fuck dude.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2006, 02:35:43 AM »
Viz started it :lol :lol :lol

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2006, 02:37:45 AM »
LOL YOU WATCHED SAILOR MOON.
萌え~

rocketman

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2006, 02:37:58 AM »
PD is fucking mad insane. I'm going to call him up and try to talk him away from suicide.

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2006, 02:39:05 AM »
I'm going to call him up and try to talk him away from suicide.

Don't do it man. Let the fucker jump.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2006, 02:39:14 AM »
CALL ME you dirty ass rocket ass stinky hoe

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2006, 03:05:06 AM »
Damn, I should have told Drinky and TVC to take The Crying Game, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN LOL
yar

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2006, 03:07:55 AM »
Mission aborted.

Chain of events:

1.  We hit up a Fred Meyer.  They had 50some units but they handed out tickets earlier in the day.  No Wiis left.

2.  Target - This would've been overnight camping.  It was also a guaranteed unit.  The store was getting ~70-90 units and there were 10 people in line.  We were ready to rough it out until we got to the line and saw that there were 2 adults and approximately 6-8 children.  CHILDREN children, as in under 10 years old.  Never let it be said that Nintendo isn't kiddie.  The kids were mostly asleep, although several of them stared at us with horrible, half-dead eyes and pale, miserable faces.  They had obviously been there a while.  We were freaked the fuck out, we couldn't be rowdy there, watch vulgar movies, or curse or be loud.  Fucking rotten Nintendo fans.

3.  TRU - Bellevue - The store was getting a lot of units, but the line wrapped around the block.  In addition to many, many children, there were lots of digipen fegs and other Ninthings.  Once we got out of the vehicle and scoped the line, we knew we wouldn't be scoring a unit, but if I had to choose to be in one line for 8 hours, it would be this one over the Target line, if only for all the embarrassing fodder we would've had for forums.  ALl kinds of nerds were talking about watching reviews on Gamespot!  Or how excited they were for zelda!  One guy was wearing a fucking homemade Wii controller costume.  My god do Ninthings make gaming a shameful hobby.

4.  The Gameplop by my apartment.  It's a small Gamestop and it still had 30+ people in line.
serge

MrAngryFace

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2006, 03:12:27 AM »
lol
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2006, 03:14:24 AM »
Dammit you bastards, you OWE IT TO ALL OF US to go back to that Target and watch Blue Velvet and drink in front of those kids. 

Seriously.
yar

cubicle47b

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2006, 03:35:56 AM »
Some of my friends are currently in the Target line freezing their asses off until 8 AM.  I don't envy them.  I snagged an Amazon pre-order while they were available.  Mine should get here while I'm at work on Monday.

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2006, 03:40:41 AM »
King 5 (Seattle NBC affiliate, for those outside of the area) had a story on the Wii launch and was live at the Redmond, WA Gamecrazy... I kid you not, they showed some prepubescent boy in line who was repeatedly jumping up and down, pounding his chest and clapping his hands and squealing like a little girl... this, and some pasty unshaven 30-40 year old dude with long scraggly hair who'd been camping out for 41 hours were the focus of their story.

I know, I know, I'm making fun of my geek brethren... yeah yeah yeah. But when you want people to take gaming seriously, these are not the people you want on camera.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:47:43 AM by distantmantra »
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2006, 03:42:47 AM »
Well, fuck.

TVC's account is right on the money.

First, we rolled by the ghetto Bellevue Fred Meyer only to find out Mexicans had claimed all the tickets. A pimply clerk sneered at me because I was white, so we left in a huff.

We drove up to the Woodinville Target, where there were only like 10 children in line. It looked fuckin' Dickensian, with them all bundled up and slumbering on camp couches or staring at us with these dead Children of the Corn eyes. There were a few parents. No one was talking, playing games, or watching David Lynch movies. It was unearthly silent. We coulda gotten Wiis had we waited with these creepy little Victorian child-ghosts until 8AM when Target opened, but we woulda wound up killing ourselves in a really dorky take on Henry James. We decided to spare our own lives and PASS.

So TVC mentions that GAF's own oxygen said the Bellevue TRU was opening at midnight to sell Wiis and we head on down there to scope the situation out. On the ride down we discussed how the reality of the launch was so much fuckin' creepier than our notions of what it entailed -- the deathly silent children staring with grey eyes into the hollows of our souls was far, far worse than a bunch of Starfox fans furpiling a morbidly obese Samus Aran. When we saw the line at TRU we rejoiced at first, because it meant we were back in the land of the living.

We were fucking DIPSHITS. Give me the wraiths of children over REAL LIVE NINTHINGS ANY FUCKING DAY.

It was like a 200+ line of GAFFERS. They were ALL japing around shrieking about Gamespot and Jeff Gerstmann, or how they'd met someone from a FAMOUS VIDEOGAMING WEBSITE, or wearing Naruto bandanas, or how NINTENDO WAS GONNA WIN, or how awesome they imagined RED STEEL would be. They were all fat; they were all pimply; they were all male; and I suspect they all really DID have Starfox fursuits in their closets. One dude was dressed as a giant felt wagglewand get-up and he yelled "GOOD LUCK HUAHUAHUHAUHAUHAUAHUHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUA" in a really effeminate voice at us as we scoped out the line. As we passed each person, it felt as though we were being treated to a vocal recitation of the dumbest posts from GAF and Gamefaqs, from squealed aspersions on Sony to mumbled but heartfelt proclamations of love for Princess Peach.

drohne once chided me for mocking earnest fanfolk, saying geeks shouldn't cannibalize their own. I thought he made a good point at the time, but after this experience? FUCK THAT. To quote Dreamcast fanboy Ice Cube: "I'll mix these niggaz in a pot like gumbo." There's enthusiasm, and then there's pinning dignity to the bathroom floor and pissing straight into its mouth; and that whole line-up just REEKED of urine.

We checked Gamestop half-heartedly, but they had a line-up too. Anyway, fuck the Wii. I kinda wanted to play Zelda early, but my pride ain't worth sleeping in a parking lot next to undead children or squaring off with greasy overweight college kids dressed like anime ninjas.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:47:17 AM by Drinky Crow »
duc

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2006, 03:46:17 AM »
Come home from Federal Way tonight, I mentioned to my wife that we should drive by the Ballard Fred Meyer to see how big the line was for the Wii... she looked at me as if I were on drugs and kept on driving. I'm somewhat tempted to cruise by for entertainment...
野球

MrAngryFace

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2006, 03:47:28 AM »
Wii: Mexicans can afford it.

That's horrible, Nintendo!
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2006, 03:47:56 AM »
The Fred Meyer's are doin' tickets, so no lines.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2006, 03:49:14 AM »
Oh, I bought a copy of PKD's VALIS and the latest issue of The Economist in the hopes that I'd get filmed on TV, but no dice. Well, at least I got a really good novel out of all of it.
duc

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2006, 03:51:12 AM »
The Fred Meyer's are doin' tickets, so no lines.

Well, that settles that!

I wonder if anyone is camping outside the Game Town (independent store) down on 99/Aurora... that is not an area I'd want to be in all night outside with all the hookers and drug dealers and gang members. THAT might make for an interesting drive.
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2006, 03:52:28 AM »
better drug dealers and guttersluts than the damned souls of Woodinville children or whatever the fuck that was in the wagglewand outfit!
duc

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2006, 03:53:04 AM »
WAS IT THIS WIIMOTE GUY?

萌え~

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2006, 03:54:11 AM »
no, this waggleteer was MUCH MUCH GAYER. MUCH GAYER. Like PhoenixDark-on-Himuro gay, only white -- which makes it even GAYER STILL.
duc

TVC15

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2006, 03:54:59 AM »
I said in IRC, Ninfags do more damage to gaming's reputation than a dozen GTA games.
serge

Christopher

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2006, 03:55:42 AM »
No pictures of the lines/these people?  :(

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2006, 03:57:00 AM »
TVC had his camera, but we never stayed in one place long. Seriously, I don't think we had the fortitude to spend ANY length of time with the sort of folks who hang out waiting for Wii.
duc

TVC15

« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2006, 03:57:53 AM »
No pictures of the lines/these people?  :(

No, I had cameras, but during the Target line, we were so shocked at the fucking children that we immediately retreated.  Before I could get my telephoto out, we decided to get the fuck out of dodge.

We made a similar horrified retreat from TRU.
serge

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2006, 03:59:40 AM »
We pretty much RAN from TRU, dude. No way was I gonna get furry cock in my ass if I wasn't gonna get new console hardware in the bargain.
duc

TVC15

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2006, 04:02:44 AM »
We pretty much RAN from TRU, dude. No way was I gonna get furry cock in my ass if I wasn't gonna get new console hardware in the bargain.

It was pretty much as shameful and embarrassing as I find gay pride parades.  I hate being a gamer :(  Fucking Ninthings.
serge

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2006, 04:04:12 AM »
So, apparently no one told the poor bastards outside the Greenwood (Seattle) Fred Meyer that they had already passed out tickets earlier in the day. I would've rolled my window down to ask, but the guy swinging around his Zelda sword prevented me from doing so.
野球

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05:52 AM »
At least the PS3 lines were all Russian mafia stooges or hypermasculine rich teenboys in FUBU gear.
duc

Christopher

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2006, 04:07:08 AM »
So, apparently no one told the poor bastards outside the Greenwood (Seattle) Fred Meyer that they had already passed out tickets earlier in the day. I would've rolled my window down to ask, but the guy swinging around his Zelda sword prevented me from doing so.

Jesus I've never seen videogame fans as bad as this...it remidns me off all those people who get dressed up for Star Wars movies according to you guys haha.  I'm getting a mental picture of all the people who defend Nintendo endlessly on GAF now.

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2006, 04:08:17 AM »
I actually caught a few of my students skipping school and camping outside the Auburn Wal-Mart on Thursday for PS3s...
野球

TVC15

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2006, 04:10:50 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Jesus I've never seen videogame fans as bad as this...it remidns me off all those people who get dressed up for Star Wars movies according to you guys haha.  I'm getting a mental picture of all the people who defend Nintendo endlessly on GAF now.

I think the Seattle area is a magnet for the most awful gaming fanboys on earth.  There's like this fat homeless kid that wanders around Capitol Hill dressed as Link, all year.  Can you back me up on that one, distantmantra?
serge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2006, 04:11:51 AM »
When I was driving to my friend's b-day party earlier tonight (where I totally got shithammered on JW Red in a measuring cup and got this chick's phone number after talking about Objectivism and Jesus- it was basically just another night in my life) I drove by this shopping center that has a Target AND BB to see what was going on because it was on the way.  Well, there were maybe 15 people in line at BB and less than 10 at Target.  I asked both lines if they knew how many Wiis the stores were getting and the BB line said more than 50, the Target line said more than 40.

I could walk into either store whenever tomorrow and get one if I really wanted a Wii.  Thankfully, I don't.
yar

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2006, 04:14:02 AM »

Jesus I've never seen videogame fans as bad as this...it remidns me off all those people who get dressed up for Star Wars movies according to you guys haha.  I'm getting a mental picture of all the people who defend Nintendo endlessly on GAF now.

I think the Seattle area is a magnet for the most awful gaming fanboys on earth.  There's like this fat homeless kid that wanders around Capitol Hill dressed as Link, all year.  Can you back me up on that one, distantmantra?

Oh, Link is very very real. Link isn't homeless, he lives near the Dick's up on Capitol Hill with the old dude that's always seen with him. Link sightings are commonplace in The Stranger, and I've actually encountered him twice in the last year. Last time, he loudly growled at me. I think he's somewhere on the Autistic spectrum, possibly Asperger's syndrome, though, so we really shouldn't lump the poor soul in with the other Nintendo fanatics.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/link-alive-and-well-in-seattle-washington-180532.php
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:16:15 AM by distantmantra »
野球

TVC15

« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2006, 04:16:43 AM »

Oh, Link is very very real. Link isn't homeless, he lives near the Dick's up on Capitol Hill with the old dude that's always seen with him. Link sightings are commonplace in The Stranger, and I've actually encountered him twice in the last year. Last time, he loudly growled at me. I think he's somewhere on the Autistic spectrum, possibly Asperger's syndrome, though, so we really shouldn't lump the poor soul in with the other Nintendo fanatics.

Alright, but we could still make fun of the Nintendo fans that think it's really cool he's constantly dressed up as Link, right?

I wonder if there's a pic of him online.  He has a baseball bat strapped to his back instead of a sword.  God I love Seattle.
serge

Christopher

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2006, 04:17:23 AM »
god lord I don't know if I should laugh or be sad...

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2006, 04:34:12 AM »
I heard a hot rumor that there was an issue with Zelda's manufacturing, and the Wii hardware is shipping at a like 20:1 ratio with Twilight Princess.

TRUE? NOT TRUE?
乱学者

TVC15

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2006, 04:40:43 AM »
I heard a hot rumor that there was an issue with Zelda's manufacturing, and the Wii hardware is shipping at a like 20:1 ratio with Twilight Princess.

TRUE? NOT TRUE?

I've talked to maybe 5 people from across the US that got a Wii tonite, and they all got Zelda.  Either way, I think this rumor should prove itself true or false by tomorrow morning once the masses have either cheered or bitched on message boards.

Also remember that Nintendo is known for manufactured shortages.
serge

wave-E

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2006, 12:16:16 PM »
updating my wii...
but glad to hear drinky's joining the fun, wahaha.

And you'll have trouble finding a better review than TSA's of at thehylia.com

wave-E

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2006, 12:28:18 PM »
I'm shocked as to how fast accessories are selling.  No one around here has extra classic controllers or wiimotes, retailers are making a killing.  I hear eb is getting a shipment sometime this week, and wii shop is working right now, so no worries.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2006, 12:54:45 PM »
the last review i wanna read is one from an irrational zelda fanboy
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2006, 01:02:53 PM »
Yeah, fair and balanced doesnt seem to apply to the fanboys lol.
o_0

drozmight

« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »
I too went to the redmond gamestop, and viewed the staff there in their wii shirts looking really embarrassed while everyone waited quietly for their wii. Then some dude behind the counter asked me if I wanted to buy one and I said, "yeah OK sure." So after they asked me my name and rummaged through their bitchin' computer they asked, "wait, did you preorder?" I hadn't and they gave me this "uhh..." face. After that I thought about just buying an xbox 360 with GOW and leaving, only I didn't feel like it afterall, so I just left.
rub

wave-E

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2006, 02:05:05 PM »
the last review i wanna read is one from an irrational zelda fanboy
I know it's hard drinky, but read the review before jumping to conclussions.

Christopher

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2006, 02:48:35 PM »
Oh I agree 100% and then some.  People who take this hobby beyond what it should be make me sick to be a gamer sometimes.

ZELDA IS MAGICAL :rolleyes

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »
So are those classic controllers USB or what? , cause that would rock for emulators.
萌え~