Author Topic: please stop remixing this: the thread  (Read 513 times)

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
please stop remixing this: the thread
« on: August 20, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »
note to aspirant trance djs out there: the following songs do not need another remix.

motorcycle's "as the rush comes"
ian van dahl's "castles in the sky"

this has been a public service announcement from the DRINKY IS TRYING TO CODE HERE foundation
duc

jiji

Re: please stop remixing this: the thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »
To add:

Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings"
OTL

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 01:47:07 PM »
as a fan of electro and indie dance, i'd like to state i'm fucking sick to death of justice and justice remixes and that fucking awful sawtooth bassline.

also, baltimore club is awesome.  i know it's awesome, because i started partying in baltimore.  i'm glad though that some white people in new york heard a white guy from philly making it and spinning it and then made it the next big thing.

this was not an invitation to lazily combine pop songs or dance anthems with the doo doo beat you lazy fucking cunt producers.
Tonya

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »
also, stop remixing nirvana.  it was clever a decade ago when that teen spirit breaks white label made the rounds, but don't force your childhood top of the pops on my adult hood club going misery.

also, dub step.  more like dub stop.  i know pitchfork wasn't around when producers like Benny Ill were shitting up 2 Step and Bassline Garage with proto-dubstep so you didn't know what it was like compared to all the other wonderful stuff that was coming out, so your cultural embrace of this horrifically boring music is just tragic on so many levels.
Tonya

Tauntaun

• I'm cute, you should be too.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
[youtube=425,350]-xEzGIuY7kw[/youtube]

Is this you Prole?  :-*
:)

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »
The french blogs have discovered Kwiato it seems, so expect that to make its way to America within the next year.
Tonya

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »

also, dub step.  more like dub stop.  i know pitchfork wasn't around when producers like Benny Ill were shitting up 2 Step and Bassline Garage with proto-dubstep so you didn't know what it was like compared to all the other wonderful stuff that was coming out, so your cultural embrace of this horrifically boring music is just tragic on so many levels.

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart
duc

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »
note to aspirant trance djs out there: the following songs do not need another remix.

motorcycle's "as the rush comes"
ian van dahl's "castles in the sky"

this has been a public service announcement from the DRINKY IS TRYING TO CODE HERE foundation

Add these to the list:
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar
Veracocha - Carte Blanche

Seems like 90% of the trance songs nowadays are halfassed remixes of a turn-of-the-century trance classic, usually by either Richard Durand or Sean Tyas.

Dubstep's OK, not sure why everyone jumped on the bandwagon... 2step was much better.
^_^