Author Topic: Real Gamefly (not shitty Canadia version) is Awesome  (Read 346 times)

Tabasco

Real Gamefly (not shitty Canadia version) is Awesome
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »
I recently moved back to Houston after living in West Texas for 8 years.  I've been with Gamefly since they started.  It's always been awful b/c they took so long to ship games from LA to Nowhere, TX.  But it was really the only option for renting b/c the local Blockbuster took forever to get games, and even then got so few copies.

It was really annoying to watch as they opened more dist. centers across the country but ignored TX.  A few months ago, they finally opened one in Austin.  So it only took 3 days from "game shipped" email to actual receipt.

So I just got my first games since moving back to Houston.  ONE DAY!!  Tiger Woods 09 and FEAR both sitting in my mailbox after work, just ONE DAY after getting the "game shipped" emails.  If it's always that fast to Houston I'll never buy a game again.

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
Re: Real Gamefly (not shitty Canadia version) is Awesome
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »
If you're in NJ, Gamerang is the same.
wha

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »
I'm having a real problem with them right now. I've been a member since March 07 and have had zero issues. I have the three game out plan generally but I downgraded to two games out for the summer since very little was released. So this past July 31st I drop the two games I had out in the mailbox TOGETHER and they both never get to gamefly. 3 weeks go by. So I write to them and say this is kind of frustrating since the last game they sent me never made it TO me and I had to call them up and whine about that as well. I asked them if something is wrong with my account, they said no, no problem, sorry about the inconvenience and they will remove the games from my account, encourage me to file a complaint, etc.

Now, I've been a paying (more than average!) member for 19 months and have rented and successfully returned 50+ games. So when I go to upgrade my plan back to 3 games to get ready for September I find that GameFly has stripped the option away from me without telling me or even hinting there was a penalty for the lost games.

I'm currently in the process of battling with them over it but I'm going to cancel if they don't bend.
haw

Tabasco

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »
That sucks kev.  I had similar shipping problems in Lubbock.  Lost games, took forever for them to get games sent back.  It just got to the point where I'd lie and report a shipping problem and claim I mailed it in 10 days previous so they'd ship my next game.  They must have eventually got the games b/c I did it 20 times at least and they've never hassled me.  I think they know they have a shitty warehouse and just let it go.

I also usually take on their 3 month discount offer over the summer, and I've been a 4 game member since they started that as an option.  So it could also be they just put up with more crap from me b/c I pay more.

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »
Does anybody use gamerang? They good? They are WAY more expensive.
haw