Author Topic: I might quit playing WoW  (Read 2904 times)

whiteACID

• RAWR
I might quit playing WoW
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:45:55 PM »
I want to, but I don't know if I can. I'm pretty addicted.
boo

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
Re: I might quit playing WoW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:46:31 PM »
why would you want to stop playing it?

b/c you're pretty addicted to it?
dap

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
just play it LESS
duc

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:49:43 PM »
Just stop paying the monthly bill.
AMC

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 10:49:57 PM »
It's to much of a timesink, especially now when I want to focus more on my studies and work. At my level it's nearly impossible to play less if you actually want to get anywhere. To get the good gear you have to raid at least 3 nights a week, 4 hours a night.
boo

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 11:09:44 PM »
Well it is a really shit game.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »
The only way to give up an addiction, is to take up an equally addictive substitute.

DJ_Tet

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:48:37 PM »
Much harder to quit that than cigs.  I wish you luck.
TIT

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 11:50:56 PM »
Hey red, I'd have sex with you more often if you quit.

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 11:58:46 PM »
It's to much of a timesink, especially now when I want to focus more on my studies and work. At my level it's nearly impossible to play less if you actually want to get anywhere. To get the good gear you have to raid at least 3 nights a week, 4 hours a night.

You think that's being part of a timesink?   :lol
haa

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 01:42:15 AM »
wat server?
UNF

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 07:40:02 AM »
Lightning's Blade
boo

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 09:06:55 AM »
I played to 60 and then the fun got sucked out.

yay raids to hope to get better gear rinse/repeat.

the trip to 60 was fun, then it goes to shit.

Wii

Prost

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 09:07:47 AM »
Pssh, 4 hours three nights a week and you consider that addicted?

Here's how you think of WoW to drop it.  In a few months they'll just come out with another instance with more items, then that'll top your current gear you spent all that time working for..... so you'll just have to go work for it again.

This will continue forever.

But the one thing everyone is truly addicted to on WoW once they hit 60 is their community.  You get addicted to the people and the friendships on there.  Don't go say goodbyes or anything because then you'll feel bad.

Personally I can never see a girl actually doing this, they love attention so fucking much on there that it's disgusting.  Notice I say GIRL not WOMAN.
:-þ

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 09:15:20 AM »
I said you have to play at LEAST three nights a week if you want to be in a top guild, I didn't say that was how much I played. I average around 5 nights a week, 5 hours a night.

So I should just cancel my account and leave?
boo

Prost

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 09:23:02 AM »
I said you have to play at LEAST three nights a week if you want to be in a top guild, I didn't say that was how much I played. I average around 5 nights a week, 5 hours a night.

So I should just cancel my account and leave?
If you want to quit, yes...  but if you have nothing in mind to fill that huge void of time you open up, then you need to start looking quick.  The fix will come back, and you've got to be doing something else.  Working out is the best, or doing other things with friends that are healthy.  You don't want to just go and smoke weed more often because that will just make you more depressed.

If you aren't serious or dedicated to it, then you will go back in probably a few days.
:-þ

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 09:39:21 AM »
When you've worked on something for more than a year it's hard to just quit, maybe I'll try to sell my account.
boo

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:37 AM »
"yeah I'd love to play with you, but I'm in the middle of a raid" ::)

dap

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
When you've worked on something for more than a year it's hard to just quit, maybe I'll try to sell my account.

That doesn't always work either.  I've seen plenty of people in my old guild sell their accounts and 'quit', only to come back about a month later with a fresh toon, level it to 60, and start the purpz grind all over again.

Take Prost's advice and supplement the time you usually spend on WoW with something else.  Lately, I've been masturbating more, but also getting back into console games I never finished because (lawlz) I was raiding too much.  I've also been messing around with old art projects, testing out the warlock class bugs in the BC beta an hour a night, and taken up running.  If you don't actually do something with the time, you'll just go crawling back.

I still talk to my guildies too, via forums/IM and whatnot.  I doubt I could've just dicked people over that I've known for two years and just disappear.
haa

Zethca

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »
can't. quit. dkp. must earn dkp.

www.myspace.com/cthun

I may quit when he dies

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 12:13:09 PM »
Its not hard to stop playing WoW u crazies!

Casual all teh way!
o_0

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 12:17:55 PM »
You only say that because you never got into the endgame marijuana, also known as Molten Core.  You take a few puffs and you enjoy yourself while you're doing it so you keep doing it, then the next thing you know, you're snorting crushed up moonrocks off the asscrack of an eleven year old girl, also known as Naxxramas.

You just don't get it MAN

This isn't about the marines MAN

THIS ISN'T EVEN ABOUT UNCLE SAM MAN

This is about......Molten Core!
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 12:25:44 PM »
haha true, ive never run a raid.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »
It's for the best, MAF.  It sucks you in.  One minute you're helping out the guild with world bosses and when they need an extra lock on Garr and the next moment you're fighting with the guild/raid leader over Princess Huhuran strategies.

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
In retrospect, the game's easier to put down when you aren't all jittery and waiting for your raid fix.  Even the beta gets boring after an hour or two without that whole team player mindset bullshit.
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »
I just dont have time to do instances, which is why ive never tried. I mean between work, friends, 2 handhelds, 2 consoles, other pc games, books, movies, tv, booze, more booze, sleeping, I mean SRSLY
o_0

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »
WELL HELLO MR. FANCYPANTS
haa

cubicle47b

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 12:35:57 PM »
Yeah, the easiest way to quit WoW is to piss off all the leadership in your guild, then quit.  During the next week you won't be raiding and will be bored out of your mind so you'll have no choice but to quit.

edit: May not work if you're a girl.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 12:36:12 PM »
IM AWESOME AND A MAN ON THE TOWN DOIN THINGS WITH POPULAR PEOPLE.

The creepiest Guild ive been a member of wuz aaaaa, well it was in Dark Age of Camelot. The guild was run by Mama Bear and Papa Bear, and Mama Bear was always telling me how Papa Bear was pissed at me about something.

So I quit  >:(
o_0

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 12:37:43 PM »

AUTHENTIC FLAME INC LOL SRS BSNSS
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 12:39:28 PM »
haha little 5 year olds!
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »
The creepiest Guild ive been a member of wuz aaaaa, well it was in Dark Age of Camelot. The guild was run by Mama Bear and Papa Bear, and Mama Bear was always telling me how Papa Bear was pissed at me about something.

WTF?  Did they ever invite you to visit their ranch in Montana?

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 12:48:07 PM »
 :lol

That's another sure fire way to quit.  My buddy, who actually got me into the game in the first place, was the victim of this horrible obese 'Navy wife' that stalked him in the game.  She would always try to be with him, ask about his personal life, go over the top with flirting...it was a bad scene.  When she somehow got his home address and sent him Christmas gifts, he cancelled his account and uninstalled lol
haa

MrAngryFace

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 12:50:29 PM »
PAPA BEAR! MAMA BEAR! :(
o_0

Takuan

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »
Burning Crusade Beta :bow
Blood Elves :bow

I created a Blood Elf pally to check out the new Blood Elf zones. If you see a player named Lolbublhrth running around, that's me. Bubble has saved my ass on several occasions already. I also made a warlock named Dinkinflicka.

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2006, 06:54:13 PM »
I started to check out the new areas for the two new races, but then I realized that I just don't really care enough about either of them right now.  Since I was in the original WoW beta, playing a warlock, I figured I'd test as much as I possibly could with the class changes in the hopes that they don't turn out like a bunch of armless children that get bent over in 80% of the game's content and ignored in the other 20%.  They were so shitty at release  :-\

So if you see Nicaeonar (65), that's me.  I'm also messing around with a buddy's mage when I get bored, Goosegoose or Guseonar.
haa