Author Topic: I think I've grown out of games, I hope someone can revolutionize the industry  (Read 1910 times)

Hollywood

Cause right now hardly a damn thing gets my interest. I guess when you've played games as long as me, since the NES days, then games come out that are not new, every genre has been done its just a matter if the new game adds more polish than the last one to be considered good. I've barely played any games about the past three years ... you can count them on two hands how many games I've actually played through.

I'dd like to play the new Zelda soon, even though I have about the shittiest TV possible, I'm probably going to get a GC again and play it since its my favorite franchise in the world. I'm excited for future potential of the Wii, even though right now its overpriced like everything else next gen, and really doesn't have anything out to seperate itself right now, but will in the future. Smash Brothers and Mario look really fun.

360 and PS3 have new pretty HD graphics and stuff, but those are the systems that look like outdated relics gamewise. Everything is a form of wartorn scifi first person shooter or adventure where you rise up to kill ultra aliens. I'm interested in the new GTA ... it still has a lot of potential cause its been on weak systems and this is one of the games that could use the graphics bump up more than anything else. Resident Evil 5's early old trailer looks like it could be damn scary too, I still need to play 4 though.

Anyway, I can't pretty much count on one hand the amount of future games I am interested in ... guess I've just grown out of playing so much stuff. Nothing really excites me like back in the N64 or earlier days.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Cause right now hardly a damn thing gets my interest. I guess when you've played games as long as me, since the NES days, then games come out that are not new, every genre has been done its just a matter if the new game adds more polish than the last one to be considered good. I've barely played any games about the past three years ... you can count them on two hands how many games I've actually played through.
"Since the NES days" isn't really that long. Even I've done that.  :P
AMC

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
I think it's more a matter of priorities.  I don't have the time to sink into games like I used to.  That's why I love the DS lite, because I can get my gaming fix on the go.

I will say the industry has definitely turned into a carbon copy of Hollywood in recent years, focusing on rehashes and sequels and bloated hype vehicles.  That said, like Hollywood, you'll get a gem that'll knock it out of the ballpark.  But the gap between new properties and sequels, remakes, spinoffs, etc. seems to be growing.
PSP

Prost

I think it's just because there are so many games now...  There's a whole shit ton for every new system, and only like 1 or 2 matter.  It's annoying to sift through all of the shit.
:-þ

The Miles Trahan Burger Experiment

• Can he only eat just one?
  • The Walking Dead
Gears of War is tempting me to pick up a 360 this holiday season... too bad I'm broke. :'(
BKO

Prost

Gears of War is tempting me to pick up a 360 this holiday season... too bad I'm broke. :'(
I HAVE a 360 and I don't care to pick up Gears... lol ;)
:-þ

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
I dunno, I've been playing games since the Vectrex and frankly games are more awesome now than ever. 

Maybe you were too young when you played NES games, because it wasn't as awesome as you remember. 
HOT

Himu

Games are as awesome as ever for me.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator

I'dd like to play the new Zelda soon, even though I have about the shittiest TV possible, I'm probably going to get a GC again and play it since its my favorite franchise in the world. I'm excited for future potential of the Wii, even though right now its overpriced like everything else next gen, and really doesn't have anything out to seperate itself right now, but will in the future. Smash Brothers and Mario look really fun.

360 and PS3 have new pretty HD graphics and stuff, but those are the systems that look like outdated relics gamewise. Everything is a form of wartorn scifi first person shooter or adventure where you rise up to kill ultra aliens. I'm interested in the new GTA ... it still has a lot of potential cause its been on weak systems and this is one of the games that could use the graphics bump up more than anything else. Resident Evil 5's early old trailer looks like it could be damn scary too, I still need to play 4 though.

Anyway, I can't pretty much count on one hand the amount of future games I am interested in ... guess I've just grown out of playing so much stuff. Nothing really excites me like back in the N64 or earlier days.

You're a loser.
fat

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
I HAVE a 360 and I don't care to pick up Gears... lol ;)
Thats too bad, because its awesome.
萌え~

Hollywood

You're a loser.

This from a guy who hacks peoples computers. Yeah, and IM a loser.

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
Yeah, Gears is amazing.  If you have a 360 you gotta play it.
HOT

Tigerriot

I've been gaming since the Atari Days, and I feel like things just keep getting better.  Now more than ever we have choices, and lots of them.  I've now come to the realization that there are certain genres that excite me, and I only allow myself to buy the those games that fit my very narrow requirements for purchase.

I am still excited about new hardware, and the new experiences they bring.  While I still value the joy of Super Mario Bros, I also find newer experience every bit as rewarding, and most of the best games i've ever played, have been released in the past 5 years.

Ten years ago who would have ever thought we'd see an arcade racer like Burnout Revenge, I know I didn't, and the excitement I felt the first time I played it was just awesome.  I was blown away by Gears of War just a couple weeks ago upon it's release.  Probably the best action/shooter experience i've ever had.  I still feel the desire to play the game now, and i've already beat it. 

Then I picked up a Wii this past Sunday, and I was amazed at how much fun I had with Wii Sports, Excite Truck, and Zelda.

Yeah, for me I think this really is the golden age of videogames.  Even for people who are into 2d gaming, the sprites are alive and well on systems like the GBA, DS, Xbox Live Arcade, Wii Virtual Console.  We just have it all right now, and i'm confused as to how people get to the point where they feel like nothing is good anymore. 

I suspect those people have devalued their gaming experience somehow.  Either with downloading old roms online or whatever.  They just aren't excited anymore by the new experience that are out there to be had.

Himu

There's nothing I hate about certain gamers who are all "I can't get into games the industry needs to cater to me!" when it's done nothing but evolve. Sorry, you've just been left behind. :-\
IYKYK

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
I've been on a gaming slup too until Zelda Hollywood I think it's the last "big game" i'll buy for awhile until Metal Gear Solid 4.