Author Topic: Wii sports was one of the best times I've had with videogames in a LONG time.  (Read 2838 times)

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
fucking amazing simple game that gets the job done, .for the people who are fucking bitching how it sucks... you need freinds if you wanna get the most out of it.  Tennis is so fun and simple.

Sorry guys I'm a PS3 whore but the Wii is fun as fuck.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Oh shit, if Chris is on board...I don't know what to think anymore...

One of my friends that has played it said it was fucking awesome though too

OH GOD OH GOD NINTENDO YOU BASTARDS
AMC

cubicle47b

Yeah, Wii Sports surprised me.  I wasn't exactly happy with the controls the first time I played it and I still have some problems with it (punches registering in boxing) but it is addictive and very fun.  I haven't even played Zelda yet.

Melissa

I took out an overhead light while pitching in Baseball :dur

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
I really liked the little time I spent playing ExciteTruck - the steering reminded me of a RC car
dap

Himu

A ps3 whore? You don't even have a ps3.
IYKYK

Christopher

um no, but I want a PS3 more than any of the current systems.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
wii sports is really really gay. i do not grok you guys.
duc

wave-E

Yeah, I hadn't expected to play it much at all, but it has definitely become a daily must, for the age thing if nothing else.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Ruzbeh banned from gaf, is gonna start posting here more instead!?

Oh noes.
萌え~

Himu

Okay, I'm more impressed with my Wii purchase now that I've finally gotten to play Wii sports multiplayer.

Talk about a blast. I'm telling you, it turned even my anti-Wii cousin into a believer. It is sooo fun. The Wii remote can make even the shittiest games fun. If Wii sports used normal controls it wouldn't be anything special, but with the Wii remote, it is a definite must play, especially with groups of people.

I still haven't tried the Wii on my parents or any non gamers.

I made me a Michael Jackson Mii and he's awesome. I need a wireless connection so I can send my Mii's to different people and invade their space with my messed up Mii people!

Here's our Wii Sports game rating:

Tennis - 8/10
Baseball - 5/10
Bowling - 9/10
Boxing - ? (because I don't have 2 nunchuck's we couldn't do it multiplayer)
Golf - 10/10

Golf is fun as hell!
IYKYK

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
0_o Wow

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
I'm officially sold on the Wii.

I made my friend brandonh83 wait while me and my friend Paul played Wii Sports in his dorm room... because I wanted a quick multiplayer experience. Sure, the games are FAR from complex, but they get the fucking job done.

Add this with Zelda and Virtual Console, and I don't see how Wii won't stay ahead for awhile in this gen over the PS3. They've got a good shot at getting out of that number three spot, if you ask me.
HLR

Himu

Okay I played boxing on single player and it's FUCKING AWESOME.

MAKE A NEW PUNCH OUT STAT
IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Im fucking horny as for my Wii. Only two weeks away now. I had a dream that I was playing Wii sports the other night    :o

Im hanging out for 'Wii Kitchen'.

Mad Wiimote Burger Flippin' action!

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
A ps3 whore? You don't even have a ps3.

OWWNZZORED lol

Himu

Wii kitchen? Cooking Mama is your friend.

IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Wii kitchen? Cooking Mama is your friend.

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah I was thinking of picking this up. But I already have too many DS games. I'll probably get it anyway :P

Just imagine how awesome wii kitchen will be.

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
My favorite games are

Bowling=Golf>Tennis>>Baseball>>>Boxing

TheOMan

I gotta say, when Nintendo announced what the Wii was going to be, I laughed my face off and figured they went off the deep end.  "WELP THAT ABOUT WRAPS IT UP FOR NINTY" I said.

Then I read impressions later on about how the control was this and that, blahblahblah, but I didn't really pay much attention as I wasn't interested in the Wii.  However, when the news came out that it would play GC games, SuperNES games, etc, that intrigued me.  Then when I found out TP probably wasn't gonna be coming out for the GC (in a resonable timeframe), I think that's what sold me.

So I bought one.  Dudes - Nintendo has got something big here.  They are converting people that I would have never in a million years get into gaming.  I think they have a decent shot at being number one, and I think Sony and Microsoft know it.  The only that bothers me is that the beautiful graphic improvements we have come to expect (and that I love) may go by the wayside because of this.  Not a good thing in my opinion - still, the Wii is the real deal. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:54:25 AM by TheOMan »
Ace

Christopher

Oh shit, if Chris is on board...I don't know what to think anymore...

One of my friends that has played it said it was fucking awesome though too

OH GOD OH GOD NINTENDO YOU BASTARDS

Dude I had to play Zelda...I thought I could let it slide till the cube came out but fucking hype, and I caved in.  Glad I did though.

And what the fuck a couple of my house brothers played the Wii and they were swinging hard as fuck and the strap never broke or remote flung out of their hands...I swear I kept waiting for it everytime in baseball...

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
Wait, so you bought it Chris? I thought it was one of your brothers.
AMC

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Wait what? Wii Golf is good? I had heard it was the worse of the bunch? Awesome if true, I'm thinking about getting a Wii when I get enough funds myself and the Wii Sports package interests me (at least, Baseball and Golf does)

I wish there was a football one :-/ at least taking on the roll of a Quarterback or something
:9

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
Cant wait for the Wii motor sports package.

Wii

Tigerriot

Cant wait for the Wii motor sports package.

Me too!!  I was so excited the first time I saw that airplane demo from E3 this year.  It was awesome, and I was dissapointed to see it wasn't out at launch.  I sure hope they don't let that game die.  I can't wait to play it.  :)