Author Topic: Lost Planet MP Demo Thread  (Read 1630 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Lost Planet MP Demo Thread
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:07:38 PM »
I dled the LP Multi demo first thing this morning and of course, fired it up second thing this morning.

The gameplay is fun, I so far dislike the lack of any apparent lifebar, I just dont know WHEN/if mechs are going to go down any time soon. Demi was also correct about the text, its pretty small just like DEAD RISING so finding your nemesis on the field takes some squinting.

Again, the gameplay rocks, everyone was using their grappling hooks to sling around -- a mech showed up, we teamed up to take it down yadda yadda yadda, lots of fun. I did notice some sort of bug maybe near a weapon pick up, my character sorta hunched and sat there for a period of time which was inconvenient since I was being shot at.

On the technical side there is an obvious issue with connecting to games found with the quickmatch browser. Half the time you get a 'match was cancelled' message, and half the time you get in. Once youre in there aren't any problems UNTIL the match ends and they decide that for some reason a splash screen after a match is a good idea and you see COMING SOON and a giant bug.

Well anyway I was then kicked back not to the lobby but to the MODE SELECTION SCREEN. I tried to start another run but the game I selected had been cancelled.

Demi had said the demo 'sucked' having played the euro one, but he NEVER ELABORATED even under torture which is...annoying. Point being the demo cearly has some issues which could be frustrating for some. Luckily I just decided to stop playing till later today and see how all of you fare lol.

Also XBL is doing a poor job advertising their next big titles multiplayer demo releases, even on the page where you acess demos there's a picture of some idiot band ive never heard of thats supposed to be edgy or wtfever. Youd think MS was trying to get out of gaming and into MUSIC TELEVISION.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 12:11:16 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
Re: Lost Planet MP Demo Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 12:14:50 PM »
Japanese devs seem to have a hard time writing really stable client-server networking code, I've noticed.
duc

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
is the internet 'as big of a thing' over there?
o_0

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 01:32:32 PM »
In a way, yeah, but internet gaming hasn't caught on in the same way. Japanese social custom isn't terribly compatible with the "ad hoc" approach to network gaming fostered here in the West, where we scream YEE HAW HOWDY PARDNERS and join in a random game with a bunch of strangers and call them all [edited-- sorry Drinky, I got complaints]. Hence, it simply hasn't caught on as a selling point, and developers only dump in half-hearted support for Western gamers and their lack of observational propriety.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 04:17:29 AM by lyte edge »
duc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 01:33:31 PM »
i told you it sucks
fat

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »
you sucks!
duc

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 04:25:27 PM »
a big meh.

Wii

MrAngryFace

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »
Id be playing it a lot more if it didnt take 3 lucky tries to freakin connect to a game lol.
o_0

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »
Hopefully the demo is just a shitty build.

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 05:03:03 PM »
Capcom of America BLOWS.

Capcom of Japan is teh sex.
萌え~

MrAngryFace

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 09:26:54 PM »
Well its pretty clear a lot of work needs to be done.

First of all its a BITCH to see who's your enemy. Spawn points are set and easy to predict. When I mean set its down to the spot as far as I know.

Mechs you are fighting need some kind of lifebar or SOMETHING. Also I couldnt really figure out how the other team won, because aside from one good player on their side, we capped and held points longer so maybe kills win out in team games? boggle.
o_0

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
Needs better team indicators for sure. And much bigger text.

I turned up the aiming sensitive and made it so I don't have to use those shoulder buttons as often... and all was well.

I really hope you can play a match and then play a second one with the same people in the final version multi.
萌え~

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »
Holy crap that's horrendous. Do they test the game on 60" 1080p HDTVs or something?
AMC

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 05:54:05 PM »
Anyone know what the lost planet flag means?

I assumed the guy was apart of the dev team or someting, because everyone else had either a america,japan,england,and one brazil flag.
萌え~

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 06:07:07 PM »
IT AM MIDAS NETAL

REI OF ROM

PAPANGUSES LISTEN LOST PLANETE AM FUCK OWNED BY NINJA OF BRASIL
duc

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »
The multiplayer was a lot of fun and I didn't have any problems with the controls. Mechs are useless in most cases anyways because you're going for beacons and everybody shoots at you if you're in a mech. Best idea is to take one of the mech guns and walk around with it for one-hit kills.  Grapple is fun and pretty necessary to be able to move around fast enough and not get shot. The game was smooth once you were in but it would take two times to join sometimes.  I rarely had a problem seeing who was the enemy and mechs show smoke and damage so it didn't really matter in that demo whether or not you had a life bar.

Random fun parts:
-Can carry 16 grenades, can't do that in Halo (also you can carry more ammo in multiplayer than you can in singleplayer).
-If you blow up two mechs right next to each other (could be done because there's two spawned next to each other on each team's side) you make a super-explosion that lasts like 10 seconds and dwarfs all the other explosions in the singleplayer demo.
-Apparantly most people didn't really try to catch the beacons but that might change in the next few days.