Author Topic: OFFICIAL Warhammer Online Thread  (Read 8512 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
OFFICIAL Warhammer Online Thread
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:42:15 AM »

Made it to level 11 tonight. Its great being someone who plays the game late at night because I can grind influence in public quest areas alone without doing the public quests. I did do one public quest in troll country which was really hard. Thankfully the game rewards healers quite a bit, and I got 3rd contribution roll bonus and got #1 greater loot bag with a blue item. I also finally went to AH and bought some crap that isnt vendor n00b junk. I'm into chapter 5 now, with full influence in chapters 1-4. I have MOST of the quests done in chapters 1-4 save 2 of them im lazy about doing.

Ill probably dip back into some RvR when the time comes, but Troll Country is plenty challenging from the looks of it. The boss of the troll public quest right when you get there hits fucking HARD. I got my first tactic tonight too woo. Here's my Battle Priest:

Yeah, lookin awesome. Going to focus on protection spells talent wise I think.
o_0

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: OFFICIAL Warhammer Online Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »
im up to R13/RR9 and loving it. So much fun but I just wish there were a few more people on my server.
itm

MrAngryFace

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:17:37 AM »
I solo most of the time, on a Roleplaying server like im on people are weird anyway
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 02:09:43 PM by MrAngryFace »
o_0

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 01:55:35 PM »
I solo most of the time, on an Roleplaying server like im on people are weird anyway

:lol

MrAngryFace

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:09:20 PM »
there were these dwarf guys that kept talking like whaatshisface from lotr
o_0

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »
my continued schizo attitude towards war continues

i have a lvl 7 rune priest, a lvl 8 ironbreaker, a lvl 11 battle priest, and i still haven't decided what i want to focus on.  i love healing, but good lord, i hate soloing as a healer
Tonya

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:36:43 PM »
i have a lvl 4 swordmaster, but the game won't let me connect to ostermark now for some irritating reason
duc

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
i loved my swordmaster and thought about building one of those back up but everyone says the ironbreaker is a better tank so inono.
Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:48 PM »
Man the AH is a wasteland, I just want a helmet! or a cloak! Ended up buying a blue belt. blah, stupid trophy doesnt work in either trophy slot, what a shit trophy. Holy Suckdex
o_0

pilonv1

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 11:19:45 PM »
i got a helm as a drop the other night.

but yeah the AH sucks. the fact there's only one for each faction in the main city is probably why. i just vendor most things because it's quicker
itm

MrAngryFace

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 10:30:31 PM »

Troll Country, where shit starts gettin REAL YO WORD
o_0

FatalT

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 04:31:55 AM »
I still can't decide what class I want to play as. :(

pilonv1

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 01:57:05 AM »
Drama on darklands

The guild "Korean Netcafe Mafia" are AFKing in scenarios . People complained.

So now they're being creative about AFKing.

:rofl
itm

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 07:42:54 AM »
Is there a trial version that I can try or will the beta still work?
jon

MrAngryFace

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
The graphics sure look nice. I wish this game a better fate than Age of Conan's.

I'm pretty sure it will gather its own following, even if smaller. Conan felt way more broken than this does. In fact Warhammer isnt that broken at all.
o_0

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
http://thegreenskin.com/2008/09/27/mythic-can-you-please-fix/

1. Auction House: Needs work in terms of search criteria, especially in the crafting supplies department (e.g., I can’t search for apothecary-specific ingredients).
   2. Pet Control: My pet can sometimes be a nightmare to control. He’ll run off in random directions, ignore commands, get stuck, and he’s generally not very responsive.
   3. Combat Bugs: Sometimes I’ll get a message saying “target not visible” or “target out of range” when I’m trying to melee a mob, when it is obviously standing right in front of me within melee range. Strangely, I’m able to fire off my bow at point-blank range. Is this merely a display issue?
   4. Mob Pathing: Sometimes they lag or appear to freeze and then port directly in front of me. This may also be related to #3 above. They also like to visually stick to you when they’re snared or knocked down.
   5. Collision Detection: People will be pushing against me and then when they finally break through, they teleport 30 yards beyond me.
   6. General Performance: Lately, I’ve found the game to perform graphically worse than usual. I used to be able to record a FRAPS movie at 45+ frames per second and now my system drops into the 18-25 FPS range. The interface responsivess is also extremely sticky (moving inventory items, opening and deleting mail, etc.)
   7. Character Display Bugs: Sometimes my weapons will still be glowing even though I’m no longer buffed. Sometimes my avatar will have a giant beam of light protruding from his chest. These effects don’t disappear until I die or log off. Currently, my Squig Herder sppears to have a broken arm because it is sticking straight out and bent into a flexing pose. Animations aren’t set back when your spells are set back.
   8. Pets Unaffected by Root: This one is hard to admit because I actually benefit from it, but pets appear to be unaffected by PBAE roots.
   9. Target Nearest: Range should be increased. Sometimes tab-targeting doesn’t catch enemies from a long distance, even when they’re the only enemy on screen. This gives mouse-targeters a distinct advantage.
  10. Alt-tab: This is completely kills your game visually if done in fullscreen mode. I run it in Windowed mode to solve the issue, but I think this may be causing some of my system performance issues. Not sure why…
  11. Loading Screen Lockups - I haven’t encountered this much, but people are reporting getting hung up on the loading screens or booted back to their character selection screens from the loading screens at times.
  12. Item Links in Chat - Not a bug, but definitely one of the most missed features in our guild!
  13. Gear Graphics/Artwork - This is mostly an annoyance really… How come we can find a new weapon with 2x as much DPS and stats as our previous one, yet they look identical? I would appreciate a lot more visual variety! Even very special PQ rewards share the same graphics as the basics. It would be great to see your character visually evolve rather than just going up a number.
  14. Leveling Through RvR - This only works if you’re keeping pace with the curve. Once people out-level you, it becomes much more difficult to XP through scenarios or open-world RvR. Even a week after release, we’re already seeing this become an issue in T1. It will be starting in T2 shortly…
  15. Lowbie Dungeons - According to some of my guildies and Tobold, the drops in Sacellum are complete garbage compared to what you can get via public quests, normal quests, drops, or RvR. I can understand if you want the RvR gear to rule the day, but at least make it close to worth our while?
  16. Rare Item Loot Bags - Maybe you would consider increasing the drop rate on some of the better (than green) loot bags in public quests? Since I first got into beta (many months ago), I’ve completed dozens upon dozens of PQs and I only ever got one purple drop. It was in the chapter 1 Greenskin starting area at level 4 and I had replaced it by level 7 due to a better quest reward…
  17. Access our ToK Online - I’d actually read every word of my ToK if it were available online, through an official website. The only time I currently read it is when I’m waiting for the 30-seconds to expire before my scenario starts or as I’m auto-running to the next quest location.

Some of the technical problems may be tricky for Mythic. Most people don't know this, but they don't make their own engine. They use an off-the-shelf MMO engine and have since DAOC. It's obvious from the graphics, interface, controls, and animation that WAR is using an updated version of it.
CBG

MrAngryFace

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
I just want stupid trophies to work at this point.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 05:59:52 PM »
public quests sound fun. I prefer soloing but I love quests that rely on teamwork, and I love instances even more.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 09:55:51 PM »
i'm on as dorgadun my lvl 10 rp if anyone wants to join in on ostermark
Tonya

pilonv1

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 10:54:27 PM »
public quests sound fun. I prefer soloing but I love quests that rely on teamwork, and I love instances even more.

All I'm hearing is that this game is pure PvP in the endgame.

pretty much. there are some instanced dungeons but most of it is pvp
itm

FatalT

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 01:28:03 AM »

Behold, the destroyer of worlds.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 01:46:53 AM »
I like the spells for the high and dark elves. A lot of the ones ive seen while playing my battle priest makes it look like they have a staff for a reason, not just an int boost.
o_0

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
i just picked this up last night! 

pyh

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 06:12:55 PM »
i just picked this up last night! 

OSTERMARK ORDER SIDE!

in other news i hit lvl 12 reknown and rank 12 today on my Rune Priest.

Tonya

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 06:19:36 PM »
wow, how long did that take you?

pyh

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
i'm a total slacker and have spent more time just playing around w/ a ton of classes.  this is the char i launched with.

but i got the past 5 levels today and yesterday just from doing a scenarios with some people

Tonya

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 03:27:41 AM »
this game has gotten stale already. I'M DONE
UNF

FatalT

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 04:18:15 AM »
Hah, man BlackMage, you give up easily.

I hit rank 21, renown rank 17 tonight. I also participated in one of the coolest public quests ever in tier 3. It started out simple with just killing some bad guys, but the random people I met up with made it really fun. Basically we had one guy run around the area gathering up all the monsters and then he'd run back into us. I'd spam all my AoE attacks while the healer spammed heals on me and everyone else just picked off low health guys. It was pretty hilarious seeing a guy being chased by a huge angry mob. After that finished, we had to close some demonic gates or something that were guarded by champions...pretty meh.

Party member leading an angry mob into the circle of death: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Pull.jpg

Some of the bodies lying around from our massacre: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Bodies.jpg

The final part, however, was the best part. This huge 4 legged woman-looking monster came out and we had to fight her. Plus, she had like, 6 tits. SIX. Anyways, after we took down its health, it split into 2 smaller versions of the same monster, but still Hero class. After we took down the health of one of them, that hero monster split into 2 smaller versions of itself again, but this time 2 champion classes. It was pretty chaotic.

Side view of the beast: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Monsterside.jpg

Close up of its face: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Monsterclose.jpg

After she split into 2 versions: http://www.birdnest.org/hoodj3/War_Monstersplit.jpg

We managed to do this PQ 2 times in a row with no problems at all, mostly because we were all pretty awesome.

Check out my guy riding my raptor mount!

How awesome? SO awesome.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
Im playing more this weekend but ive been messing with Warriors Orochi 2 and NWN2 a lot this week
o_0

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
so i just bought this and I'm installing atm

what class/job/race type stuff do you guys recommend for a mmorpg noob
Ive only played a bit of ff11 which was meh after a while (plus I was playing it on x360 with slowdown), so im trying to give the genre another chance here
萌え~

MrAngryFace

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:29 PM »
destruction if you wanna hang round PUNKS, order if you wanna hang round NERDS

Any 'healing/melee' class is easy, ie battle priest
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 05:24:47 PM »
the easiest class is probably some sort of warrior.  

i would say swordmaster/black orc  or ironbreaker/chosen (depending on how you swing

sm/bo is more for damage per second, while ib/ch is more for defensive capabilities

these classes are designed to survive encounters, which is why they may be the easiest for you to get started with.

i would also say choose a roleplaying server, because they tend to scare off a certain class of mmorpg player which is frankly a bit of a douche.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Age_of_Reckoning#Tank

read up on the classes so you have a better feel for them.

Tonya

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 06:51:45 PM »
ok im installed and patched fully. what server is awesome ?

roleplaying is where I will get scared off is that what you are saying eric p? not sure I read that post correctly

I will encounter the creepy WELCOME STRANGER, WHAT ARE YA BUYIN? type people
萌え~

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »
rp generally scares of the jerks.

you'll occasionally someone stretching the limits of english "how art though?"  I have several characters on Ostermark for order and i tossed on some chaos onto the RP server which starts with an A (can't recall the name right now)
Tonya

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »
When do you usually play, Eric?  I joined stupid order just 2 b wit u
serge

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 07:42:28 PM »
i'm unemployed so usually until i get bored.

the problem is that i have so many characters that i could be playing with any one of a number of them

my two "mains" if you will are Dorgadun my lvl 14 RP who is a pain in the ass to solo with (no dps worth speaking of) and Torroina my lvl 12 Sword Master.

if you have characters lower level than that, let me know and i'll play with one that's in the same league as yours.

Tonya

TVC15

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 07:46:18 PM »
My Witch Hunter is level 8, I believe.  I have been playing other things lately.  We should team up.  I have a White Lion a few levels lower.
serge

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »
i'm free now.

what's your chras' names?
Tonya

TVC15

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »
My Witch Hunter is named Devendra (after Devendra Banhart <3).  I forget the name of the White Lion, but I was wasted and horny when I made it so it probably has Himumu in the name.
serge

FatalT

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 08:03:23 PM »
If you ever roll Destruction and want to play on an Open server (Core is for pussies) then roll on Wolfenburg. I've got a guild going with most of the people I work with and we play all the time.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:50 PM »
does Open have the chicken "buff"?
Tonya

FatalT

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 08:42:44 PM »
does Open have the chicken "buff"?

In open you can go one tier below you without the chicken buff. Say I'm level 31 and doing Tier 3 stuff, if I went to Tier 1 I would get chickened, but I could go to Tier 2 just fine. Also, there's PvP ALL THE TIME so you can go ganking noobs trying to do a Tier 1 PQ if you're Tier 2. The same can happen to you too, but keep in mind that there's 3 zones to go to. If it gets too bad, just go to a different race's zone. I haven't had any problems with high levels ganking lower levels in PQ though.

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »
ew

ganking sucks.
Tonya

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
hmm well i chose a core server and made a marauder who i think is pretty badass

arm mutations are cool yo

liking the game so far quite a bit
萌え~

MrAngryFace

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »
Yeah its pretty good. I think it will do well as an alternative to WoW for people who want something familiar.
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »
i love just queuing up for the pvp scenarios over and over.

it's fun in a TF2 way.

sadly the RvR is really erratic.  there's usually not enough people in it to make it worth doing.
Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 10:49:05 PM »
I really only play it once every few days or so, and even then I mostly solo
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 10:56:02 PM »
i think that soloing really misses out on a lot of what makes the game fun

well matched teams going at it in scenarios are great fun.  the issue is finding those well matched teams in pugs.  I've had groups where it's tanks and healers and that's it.  you'd think that's grand but w/o any DPS you don't really have a way to put down their "problem children" and if your scenarios are objective based like the phoenix gate "capture the flag" type thing, you really need a good mix

my preferred scenario group is

one main tank, one off tank (someone who can survive more than 5 seconds in a two on one match up, such as a battle priest), two DPS (pref one ranged, one melee), two healers (one rp and one archmage).  if your group is only BPs for healers, that can get ugly fast.
Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 11:03:16 PM »
I've solo'ed every mmorpg ive played from EQ, to DAoC, to WoW, to this, it works. I dont want to hang around with people. I just want to relax and do things when I want and how i want.
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 11:10:21 PM »
let me know if you figure out crafting

Tonya

MrAngryFace

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 11:13:04 PM »
im just entering chapter 7 empire right now, ill play more later this week
o_0

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2008, 02:28:07 AM »
TVC and i teamed up and rocked bitches in their ugly destruction faces

great fun.
Tonya

TVC15

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2008, 02:42:39 AM »
Yeah, I had a blast tonight.  I love that tehre's so many different things you can be doing at any given time, between PQs, RvR, scenarios, and just plain questing.  There's always something else to try out.  We gotta team up again tomorrow.

serge

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2008, 02:44:00 AM »
Were there a lot of people that wanted to kick TVC's ass?  His character looks like a total dick.

TVC15

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2008, 02:48:07 AM »
There's not a lot of visual variety in low level witch hunters, so we all look gay.  I just made my clothes that color before logging off.  They were brown/beige before.  I wanted fanciness.
serge

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2008, 02:49:05 AM »
good news, your characters get a last name, so you can totally take on your character's true namesake
Tonya

TVC15

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2008, 02:54:06 AM »
What level does that happen at?

I think I gained 3 renown ranks today.
serge

Eric P

• Icon
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2008, 02:54:48 AM »
i don't know when unfortunately

i hope you can randomize the last name, because all my first names are randomized
Tonya

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2008, 02:55:35 AM »
It's not that your character looks gay.  He just seem like an arrogant fuck.  

TVC15

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2008, 03:02:51 AM »
You don't like my Rollie Fingers mustache?  I think you aren't confident in your own sexuality.
serge