Author Topic: "... with 'The Great Depression, Part II' in full bloom ..."  (Read 570 times)

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
"... with 'The Great Depression, Part II' in full bloom ..."
« on: October 03, 2008, 11:25:25 PM »
"Speaking of house parties, out of courtesy we can't print the address of the location of your CD release show.  Why celebrate the Dust & Stars release at a house show?

--- Because house shows are the best!  People are so much more relaxed at house shows and so much more likely to get into bands than at real rock clubs.  Plus we don't care about making any money off of it, and with 'The Great Depression, Part II' in full bloom, people will appreciate the freeness of it."

from an interview in the local alt-weekly with a local band (Reporter/Wet Confetti, pretty good) the party in question is TONIGHT in LESS THAN AN HOUR.  should I go and inform them of the REAL moniker?  Patel, what's your stance on licensing/cross-marketing deals?
QED

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Re: "... with 'The Great Depression, Part II' in full bloom ..."
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 11:30:33 PM »
USA

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »
a lot of help YOU were!  well, better to ask forgiveness than permission I always say!  if Patel sues I've got plenty of countersuit material.
QED

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »
Tell me why C++ is being gay and is forcing me to use "&&" and "||" instead of "and" and "or" for logical operators.  It kept coming back as a parse error when I compiled it at home but at school it worked fine, and it was the same compiler. 

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:27 PM »
"and" and "or" are not standard C++.  if they're ever accepted it's some wack compiler-specific thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C%2B%2B
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:45:12 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »

In the editor "and" and "or" have the same syntax highlight colouring as the other operators too!

It took my like two hours to figure out that was the problem.  I hope when everything dies in 2 great 2 depressing C++ dies too.   

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:59:56 PM »
You lie!

C++ operator synonyms

C++ defines keywords to act as aliases for a number of symbols that function as operators: and (&&), bitand (&), and_eq (&=), or (||), bitor (|), or_eq (|=), xor (^), xor_eq (^=), not (!), not_eq (!=), compl (~). These are parsed exactly like their symbolic equivalents, and can be used in place of the symbol they replace. It is the punctuation that is aliased, not the operators. For example, bitand can replace both the bitwise AND operator and the address-of operator.

The ANSI C specification makes allowance for these keywords as preprocessor macros in the header file iso646.h. For compatibility with C, C++ provides the header ciso646; inclusion of which has no effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C%2B%2B#C.2B.2B_operator_synonyms

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 03:52:11 PM »
pwned  :o

you still shouldn't use those though, it's an obscure and entirely redundant feature.
QED

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 04:04:23 PM »
well this thread sucks ass. *departs*
UNF

recursivelyenumerable

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »
Went to the show, the first half of their set was lame, second half pretty cool.  I did tell the singer about 2G2D, as dopily as you'd imagine, and in the expected tone of strained cordiality she said she'd mention it in the next interview.

also, I was like the only person there over 22 excepting the band members themselves and a couple token old men.  scenester girls  :heartbeat  being forever too old for scenester girls  :-\
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 04:24:20 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED