Author Topic: Why do I have a feeling Nintendo is not gonna come through today?  (Read 4451 times)

Tigerriot

They claimed they were gonna update the Virtual Console lineup every Monday.  With as many small, stupid things they've fucked up with this launch so far, I am not gonna be suprised one bit if we don't even see an update today.  These assholes seem content milking these old games for every dime they can.  They figure the longer they draw out these releases the more they're gonna sell, and unfortunately I think they're right.  :(

I still cannot find Wiimotes, nunchuk attachments, and classic controllers.  The same goes for the point cards.  Impossible to find in an area with a ton of retail stores around me.

And while we're on the topic of stupid things Nintendo has done recently.  Who in the fuck thought it was a great idea to make people plug the classic controller into the Wiimote for it to work?  You know, why didn't they just make you plug the thing in your ass for it's power supply?  That would have made perfect sense too.  ::)

These asshats released the wavebird years ago, realizing that wireless controllers are what people want these days.  Now they release a new system with wireless controllers, but they make the fucking classic controller NOT WIRELESS!  I just wish we had a real gaming press that would just ask someone like Reggie "what the fuck were you guys thinking with that decision?".
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 10:11:37 AM by Tigerriot »

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
Re: Why do I have a feeling Nintendo is not gonna come through today?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:39:01 AM »
Why not sell the Wii, and be done with it, it's causing you (and now us) more grief than it seems worth.

Someone has an awfully sandy vagina....

Wii

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 11:42:56 AM »
You think that is bad? Take a look at the Live Arcade. Finally an ORIGINAL title and it's a pile of stank. I hope this week's is good.
fat

Tigerriot

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:48:12 AM »
Why not sell the Wii, and be done with it, it's causing you (and now us) more grief than it seems worth.

Someone has an awfully sandy vagina....

Dude, please.  I'm still enjoying my Wii plenty, and i'll tell anyone that the launch games I bought are great.  However, I also don't hold back when a company does stupid shit, and Nintendo not shipping almost any extra controllers, classic controllers, and points cards is just fucking distinguished mentally-challenged.  The most profitable items for them, and then under produce them like a motherfucker.  How the fuck can people not bitch about that?  I've got friends coming over, and they want to play multiplayer games with me, and yet i'm stuck not being able to show most of them because Nintendo simply did not make enough extra shit.  It's costing them potential customers who might be really impressed with this machine, if only they could play it too!

How about the fact that it takes about 3 tries to log onto their Wii Shop channel?  The servers are so fucked that they seem to be barely working at this point.  It's just stupid shit like that, that should be talked about.  This isn't mom and pop's videogame company.  This is Nintendo, and they should be smart enough to get things right at this point.  Even their simple Shopping channel is just a mess so far.  I honestly get on it about 1 out of every 5 times I try.  It's ridiculous.  

It's not like it's just one thing either.  There is a long list of just stupidity to talk about here.  One of these things would have been dumb.  15 things is fucking pathetic.  

I don't think anyone is gonna cry if they read my rants, but I think they're warranted.  Yeah, my vagina is sandy, and everyone else is gonna be just fine reading about it.  :lol

I've said this before, but not on this board.  Nintendo is like that hot girlfriend that you date because she's hot.  She has a smokin body, but the rest of her annoys the shit out of you so bad that you just want to dump her ass yesterday.  The truth is, this comapny drives me nuts sometimes, but I stick with them because I still love most of their games.  Who knows how long my patience will last though....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:54:50 AM by Tigerriot »

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:53:59 AM »
Give me some more fucking SNES games  or a new N64 game...something.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »
If Nintendo said monday it'll be up monday.

If perrin said monday then we are fucked.

And I have seen controllers all over the place around here, component is another matter.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:11:38 PM by Wobedraggled »
Wii

Tigerriot

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »
If Nintendo said monday it;ll be up monday.

And I have seen controllers all over the place around here, component is another matter.

I have heard Wiimotes are sorta, kinda available in certain parts of the country.  But classic controllers, and nunchuk attachments are nearly impossible to find everywhere.  The same goes for the Wii points cards. 

Yeah, and don't even get me going on the component cables!  :gun  I was lucky enough to get them from their website, but it was like pulling fucking teeth.  I ended up getting them the Monday after launch even though I paid for overnight shipping on Wednesday morning.  ::)

Like I said, one dumbfuck decisions by Nintendo would be one thing.  This launch has had like 15 that make no fucking sense to any reasonable person.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:02:34 PM by Tigerriot »

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 12:00:44 PM »
The classic I can't find, but everything else pretty much is avaliable when I went to NYC.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 12:12:04 PM »
If Nintendo said monday it;ll be up monday.

I have heard Wiimotes are sorta, kinda available in certain parts of the country.  But classic controllers, and nunchuk attachments are nearly impossible to find everywhere.  The same goes for the Wii points cards. 

Yeah, and don't even get me going on the component cables!  :gun  I was lucky enough to get them from their website, but it was like pulling fucking teeth.  I ended up getting them the Monday after launch even though I paid for overnight shipping on Wednesday morning.  ::)

Like I said, one dumbfuck decisions by Nintendo would be one thing.  This launch has had like 15 that make no fucking sense to any reasonable person.

It could be the ps3 launch.....

and use a cc on the wii shop, why buy a card?

Wii

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 12:16:19 PM »
Did I just witness a thread where Woebe accused someone of whining?

Tigerriot

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »

It could be the ps3 launch.....

and use a cc on the wii shop, why buy a card?

Dude, I just explained earlier in this thread that their online shop is fucked.  I can barely get on the thing if I try several times.  It seems to be working about 5 hours out of each day right now.  I'm just pointing out how under prepared they seemed for this launch with thieir accessories and stuff.  I've never seen a launch in my life where spare controllers were this hard to find.  NEVER.  What?  Did Nintendo not think people would want such things with their new "party machine"?  Please!  There is no reasonable excuse to be made. 

About the PS3 launch.  Oh, trust me.  I could do a fucking 1000 word essay on those fucknobs.  I think the only thing that needs to be said is this.  I had absolutely NO interest in buying one of those machines at launch, and i've bought every single console at launch in the past 10 years.  The good thing about Sony is that they fucked up so many things with their new system that i'm not qute sure i'll ever want one.  With the Wii i'm pissed off because I wanted a system at launch, but I then had to deal with all of Nintendo's bullshit afterwards.

Man, i'm really on a roll today.  :lol  I guess it's the unpleasant feeling of being back at work after a four day weekend.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:42:41 PM by Tigerriot »

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »

Keep that shit in OA

and I have only had issue with the shop the first day i tried to use it.

Wii

Tigerriot

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 12:43:21 PM »

Keep that shit in OA

Are you at home?  Try getting on it right now and see what happens. 

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 01:09:20 PM »

Keep that shit in OA

Are you at home?  Try getting on it right now and see what happens. 

working.

sorry you are having an issue with it, I've bought 2 games and browsed it like 4 or 5 times without incident.

Wii

APF

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 01:22:26 PM »
If someone's having problems finding some accessory or whatever, I could run down to the Nintendo World Store and pick you up something (compensation required, of course)...

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 01:32:40 PM »
If someone's having problems finding some accessory or whatever, I could run down to the Nintendo World Store and pick you up something (compensation required, of course)...

they have the component cables?

Wii

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 01:52:34 PM »
Title Platform
Altered Beast Sega Genesis
Baseball NES
Bomberman '93 TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure TurboGrafx-16
Columns Sega Genesis
Donkey Kong NES
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine Sega GenesisDungeon Explorer TurboGrafx-16Ecco the Dolphin Sega Genesis
F-Zero SNES
Golden Axe Sega GenesisGunstar Heroes Sega Genesis
Ice Hockey NES
Mario Bros. NES
Pinball NES
Ristar Sega Genesis
Sim City SNES
Soccer NES
Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Genesis
Solomon’s Key NES
Space Harrier II Sega Genesis
Super Mario 64 N64
Super Star Soldier TurboGrafx-16
The Legend of Zelda NES
Tennis NES
Toe Jam & Earl Sega Genesis
Urban Champion NES
Victory Run TurboGrafx-16
Wario’s Woods NES

Will be the lineup as of tonight, supposedly.
Wii

Tigerriot

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 02:06:04 PM »
Title Platform
Altered Beast Sega Genesis
Baseball NES
Bomberman '93 TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure TurboGrafx-16
Columns Sega Genesis
Donkey Kong NES
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine Sega GenesisDungeon Explorer TurboGrafx-16Ecco the Dolphin Sega Genesis
F-Zero SNES
Golden Axe Sega GenesisGunstar Heroes Sega Genesis
Ice Hockey NES
Mario Bros. NES
Pinball NES
Ristar Sega Genesis
Sim City SNES
Soccer NES
Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Genesis
Solomon’s Key NES
Space Harrier II Sega Genesis
Super Mario 64 N64
Super Star Soldier TurboGrafx-16
The Legend of Zelda NES
Tennis NES
Toe Jam & Earl Sega Genesis
Urban Champion NES
Victory Run TurboGrafx-16
Wario’s Woods NES

Will be the lineup as of tonight, supposedly.

Um, no.  Did you just picked that from that GAF thread?  Keep reading that thread.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 02:28:52 PM »
Just give me super star soldier then.

And Ristar.

Wii

APF

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »

I thought these were only sold online, but maybe I'll swing by and check

Tigerriot

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 03:10:21 PM »

I thought these were only sold online, but maybe I'll swing by and check
Nintendo has said they'll start selling them in certain stores sometimes in December.

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:06 PM »
People are still whining about the classic controller? Sad. Is it really that difficult to put the remote on your lap?

Tigerriot

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 04:33:21 PM »
People are still whining about the classic controller? Sad. Is it really that difficult to put the remote on your lap?
Instead of asking us the questions, why don't you ask Nintendo why the fuck a wired controller has to be plugged into a wireless controller to work? 

Who sounds the more ass backwards?  The consumer saying "Hey, WTF is this?".  Or Nintendo for saying "Yeah, plug this wired controller into your wirless controller and then it works, ok?".

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 04:54:26 PM »
Instead of asking us the questions, why don't you ask Nintendo why the fuck a wired controller has to be plugged into a wireless controller to work? 

Who sounds the more ass backwards?  The consumer saying "Hey, WTF is this?".  Or Nintendo for saying "Yeah, plug this wired controller into your wirless controller and then it works, ok?".

True but it probably cut the cost of the controller in half.

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 05:02:55 PM »

Erm, because then the controller would be $45 instead of $20. There's nothing "ass backwards" about it. Some people just love to complain. ::)

Tigerriot

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 06:28:28 PM »

Erm, because then the controller would be $45 instead of $20. There's nothing "ass backwards" about it. Some people just love to complain. ::)
$45 huh?  Why can't it be the same price as a wavebird?  I believe those are regularly going for $30 these days.  Seems to make sense to me.

Listen, some people love to just accept whatever pile of shit a company like Nintendo shovels out to them.  I prefer to take the educated consumer route, and when I see bullshit, I call it like I see it.  It's that simple.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 06:37:35 PM »

$45 huh?  Why can't it be the same price as a wavebird?  I believe those are regularly going for $30 these days.  Seems to make sense to me.

Listen, some people love to just accept whatever pile of shit a company like Nintendo shovels out to them.  I prefer to take the educated consumer route, and when I see bullshit, I call it like I see it.  It's that simple.

Wii

Fatghost28

• Finally got a tag
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 10:38:07 PM »
Classic controllers are abundant in the Greater Toronto Area.

HOT