Author Topic: $433 of Pure Wii Shit  (Read 1749 times)

Tabasco

$433 of Pure Wii Shit
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
So my Mother wanted a Wii for Christmas b/c she keeps seeing Wii Fit Commercials and thinks it looks "fun".  And my Dad gave me and my brother the responsibility of finding it since we play games.  So I just bought a Wii, Wii Fit, and Wii Play.

I can't imagine a more humiliating experience than this.  I feel like Jeff Bridges from Arlington Road, just as he blows up.  A dupe caught in the machinations of those who outwardly appear to be simpletons.  At least I'm only on the hook for half.

Bright side is she'll only play this over Christmas, then get bored with it.  And I'll only have to look at it when I visit.

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
Re: $433 of Pure Wii Shit
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
tell your mother.....that you loved her.....

haw

HyperZoneWasAwesome

• HastilyChosenUsername
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
hey, it could be a gateway drug.  Wii Fit today, Wii Ski tomorrow, eventually she might get into real gaming.  As much as there can be on the Wii at least (cricket chirping, a cricket named Ghost Squad).

Eh, I'm just trying to look for the upside here.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »
As someone who continues to buy wii games but not play them I'm starting to think I'm part of the problem. I've become a shopping zombie for nintendo junk.

This is just in the past two months, still un opened.

Mario Kart
Wario Shake it
Harvest Moon
Animal Crossing
Boom Blox
Ghost Squad

and

4 wii points cards

thats like 250 bucks  :-\

And I just got Rockband on wii for my dad for Xmas.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I still spend more on Xbox 360, and the least amount on PS3
[close]

WrikaWrek

• Let your soul glow
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 01:44:26 PM »
Hey it's your mother.

Now you know why nintendo fegs are freaks.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 01:58:17 PM »
give me your mom's friend code
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »
i like mario kart, but i am in the minority here i think

all of the "light gun" games are pretty cheap now, most of them have multiplayer modes, and you can get the nyko perfect shots for $10 now

basically, though, you're going to be playing a lot of bowling, golf, and tennis
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »
it's a fun split-screen game that everyone can get the hang of easily

but you'll be fighting over the wheel unless you buy extras
sup

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »
Is Target Terror any good?
In the arcades, yes. On the Wii, not so much. You're better off playing this in the arcades- it's the pure definition of a guilty pleasure- and getting House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return instead. Or Ghost Squad. Or both.  :-*

drohne

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »
no, no, no, and no

but i second the ghost squad recommendation

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
one sentence reviews of what i own, in no order

MARIO KART WII - fun in multiplayer, unfair cheating bastard bitch fuck you just fuck you to death wario in single player

MoH Heroes 2 - great fps control, crap graphics, decent online multi, fun on-rails "shooter" mode

Brothers in Arms Double Time - how much do you like WWII

Wii Play - someone stole my ten dollars

Link's Crossbow Training - it's quick fun, up to four players, and you can get it for like $2 at gamestop now

House of the Dead 1 & 2 Return - fuck i forgot how hard these games are by yourself, better with 2 players

sup

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »
At the least, you'll have wii sports and the other party games to play with your family when you visit.

Anybody can like Mario Galaxy green man.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »
used to own:

Endless Ocean - Drown yourself in a sea of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Carnival Games Mini Golf -  Fucking Up Golf Games On Wii For Dummies

Mario Galaxy - I just didn't get it

Resident Evil 4 -  oh fuck aim at the ground aim at the sky aim at a tree killed by an old bitch
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »
Alright Green:

Endless Ocean - fantastic

Excite Truck - awesome

Kororinpa - excellent fun

Galaxy - amazing

No More Heroes - best game on Wii

RE4 - great port

Prime 3 - good if you liked the previous games

Crushed

• i am terrified by skellybones
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
Yeah, the only flight games out so far are supposed to be either mediocre or pretty cruddy. There is Sky Crawlers, which is supposed to be pretty good (made by the AC team) but it's only out in Japan.

If you're looking at WiiWare, then FFCC: My Life as a King is a really addicting little city-builder game.

Oh, and Zack & Wiki is a nice adventure title. It's not like old-school Sierra point-and-clicks, (you can die, and there is trial and error on some stages) but it's a pretty fun challenge. Also try looking at the Trauma Center games.
wtc

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »
One sentence reviews:

No More Heroes - waggle

GAlaxy - waggle

Zack - waggle

DQ swords - waggle

fire emblem - wag- wait no it uses regular control! gamecube.

boom blox - waggle

warioland - waggle
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
fat

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »
edit: is ssx blur any good? Ive never played an SSX game before so..

It's a good entry in the series, certainly a gazillion times better than On Tour which I pray every night to be erased from history.  It's not quite as good as SSX3 and Tricky, but it'll certainly give you most of the SSX experience.  Lack of character voices is really the only seriously glaring omission, but if you've never played SSX you won't miss them.

Tabasco

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »
I may get Tiger Woods for my Dad.  He likes golf, and when we had an NES years ago we would play that Golf game that had one course and red and white Mario.  Even in the mid-90s, we'd play that game.  We'd given it to my grandfolks for my cousin to play on visits, and I'd go through my annual ritual of playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out and losing to Super Macho Man.

And after all that goodwill, I hate Nintendo for killing my hobby.  Nice work Shiggy  :-\

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 10:16:18 PM »
I like Mario Kart Wii but the wheel is a piece of shit. Controls suck without a GameCube controller.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 06:02:41 AM »
I would suggest avoidin waggle games until m+ is released. Wait for next year's Tiger Woods and Boom Blox 2.  Endless Ocean is mesmerizing but Id say wait for the sequel as well. Excite Truck is crazy sloppy raw fun though.  PES08 is the best soccer game Ive ever played but again 09 should be even better.  I own:

Smash Brothers Brawl
Mario Galaxy
Williams Pinball Collection
Blast Works
City Folk
Resident Evil 4
Geometry Wars Galaxies.

I consider these really fun replayable games.  I also like Order Up! and We Love Golf but I feel like they couldve used m+ compatibility so I wouldnt recommend them.

And SSX blur has terrible controls. Avoid.
sad

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »
Mario Kart Wii is fine until you get to the 150cc and Extra cup races.  The cheap AI is in a league of its own.  While I didn't keep count, I'm sure that in one track alone, I got hit with at least a dozen blue shells.  I wound up getting all Gold Cups in every race but still, the cheap AI ruined what could have been a classic.  Owning 12 year olds online was fun though; I wound up getting a little over 9000 points.

Brief reviews:

Mario Galaxy - Probably the best game that will ever get released for the Wii.

No More Heroes - Feels half baked.  If they spent another six months on this game, it could have been good.  Sequel could very well be awesome.

Wario Ware - Total shit

Smash Brothers Brawl - Overpolished turd

Resident Evil 4 - I got bored with it pretty early.  Typical RE environments, which is why I look forward to RE5.

Metal Slug Anthology - Alright if you can get it for dirt cheap (under $20).  I got it for $25 and still felt a little cheated.

House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - Good if you've never played them before.  Find the Nyko Perfect Shot if you can.

🍆🍆

Tabasco

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 07:38:16 AM »
I was visiting relatives, and it really is amazing what Nintendo has done.  My cousin has 2 small children, and she wants a Wii for her kids and for Wii Fit.  Her husband has a PS2 and XBOX he plays Madden and GTA on, and he wants a PS3 or 360.  But he has no choice.  Not enough kid games on those, so he's got to buy her a Wii.  I could just see the defeat in his eyes.  Nintendo just has completely looked down the mommies and grandmas and kiddies market.

Still doesn't make the games good, or explain why people like crushed defend it with such zeal.  I don't see how anyone who's operated a standard controller in the past five years would want one of these things  ???

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »
move this out of the gaming forum pls
itm

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 07:51:18 AM »
oh finally i know what those words are really for  :lol

As for the wii I still need to see a bunch of games i would like to play/own before i buy it. Other from that i'm not that much against it and i play wii play with the relatives  :lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:54:19 AM by Purple Filth »

y2kev

• *your name here* annihilated...
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 11:51:37 AM »
demi do more wii reviews!
haw

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »
I'm not getting all the reviewer hate for Brothers in Arms Double Time on Wii.  All the reviews are 3s and 4s, talking about the framerate being choppy and shit, and I'm wondering if the reviewers ever played the Xbox or PS2 versions - because I have, and they were all pretty choppy (especially the PS2 version).  They also talked about the graphics being shitty, but they're better than the PS2 version, somewhere between that and the Xbox version.  The game never had the best graphics to begin with, to be honest.  I actually find it easier to play than the other console versions, as far as aiming goes.  Yeah, it's a straight-up portover of Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood with no added features and stripped-out multiplayer, and if I hadn't had a bunch of store credit I never would have dropped full price on it, but I don't think it's a bad game by any means.  When it hits $20 you'll get a lot of game for your money, even without multiplayer.
sup