Author Topic: WHAT THE CELL IS GOING ON?  (Read 11782 times)

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
WHAT THE CELL IS GOING ON?
« on: November 29, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
Re: WHAT THE CELL IS GOING ON?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »
lol at that kutaragi quote:

"Microsoft is trailing behind us, but they are not a threat. They are good at improving [on products], but we will be advancing to the next level with revolutionary technology...Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the sun."
萌え~

Diablos

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:31:20 PM »
Pretty dumb to be taking pics of games intended for more than one console. Sports games in particular are going to look exactly the same across 360 and PS3 I think. They're pretty simplistic in design.

What will determine how much better PS3 is supposed to look are the more exclusive games made to really take advantage of the CPU, GPU, and extra capacity of the BR-ROM.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Pretty dumb to be taking pics of games intended for more than one console. Sports games in particular are going to look exactly the same across 360 and PS3 I think. They're pretty simplistic in design.
What will determine how much better PS3 is supposed to look are the more exclusive games made to really take advantage of the CPU, GPU, and extra capacity of the BR-ROM.
Yeah that's the point, there's many things wrong with this article.

shedt

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:02:58 PM »

i doubt we will see this for a couple main reasons:

1-ps3 games cost more to make and are harder to make.
2-small userbase for a while due to many factors-(A)price (B)manufaturing problems/supply shortage

I'd also like to provide examples of games and developers that are going multi or even not even making a ps3 version.

what was that cancelled NBA game? GTA4 no longer a ps3 timed release? RE5? Fifa? Winning 11?

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »
how do we know this isn't just lazy developers?
UNF

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 11:22:19 PM »

i doubt we will see this for a couple main reasons:

1-ps3 games cost more to make and are harder to make.
2-small userbase for a while due to many factors-(A)price (B)manufaturing problems/supply shortage

I'd also like to provide examples of games and developers that are going multi or even not even making a ps3 version.

what was that cancelled NBA game? GTA4 no longer a ps3 timed release? RE5? Fifa? Winning 11?

you underestimate sony.
UNF

shedt

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 11:27:59 PM »
no i don't. and i sure as hell won't for $200 more either, esp when the games are going to look just as good if not better on the 360.

thank you xenos and edram

BlackMage

• The Panty-Peeler
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 01:54:53 AM »
no i don't. and i sure as hell won't for $200 more either, esp when the games are going to look just as good if not better on the 360.

ok, it's obvious you are an Xbot so I will debate this no further.
UNF

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 02:11:14 AM »
Fight Night PS3 has more sweat and and a 2d audience.
萌え~

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 02:15:30 AM »
All I'm waiting for is 1up to be censored on gaf.

Diablos

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:51:57 AM »

shedt

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:10:12 PM »
Fight Night PS3 has more sweat and and a 2d audience.

true it looks a bit better, being released like a year later and being on a system $200 more, i would think it would look wayyyy better then that.

shedt

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »

ok, it's obvious you are an Xbot so I will debate this no further.

i posted solid reasons, it seems you are the fanboy if you refuse to reply to them or debate them.

Diablos

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 12:19:50 PM »
Xbot lol

shedt

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »
immature spammer.

woah you guys are awesome at debating. you really make me want to waste $200 more on a inferior system.

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
I wouldn't say PS3 is inferior just in its infancy im. remember when PS2 was first released the graphics were poo. then after the first year better then look at RE4 fucking awesome almost as good as GC version which was at first thought to be impossible. As soon as user base rises and developers get use to the Cell and the RSX and the vertex such and such I think the PS3 has spot on the 60" mega 1080p tv for ten years down the road especially because of the BR drive .DVD9 on the 360 i think was a mistake because eventually they are going to run out of space on that little DVD look at GTA San Andreas took up a full 9 gigs so what happens on the next GTA two disks on 360 bull shit they will have to dumb it down or lose half the soundtrack or make you down load the other half on the maybe 5 gigs of HD space you have left on the 360. So my take on it is xbox 360 will own ps3 for the first couple years but after that storage is going to be a big issue for  M$ as the games get bigger and more advanced.
nin

Diablos

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 12:53:52 PM »
It already IS an issue for 360 devs. The Oblivion guys already said they needed to cut corners and use extra compression on textures so they could fit everything on a DVD9.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 12:55:08 PM »
Well to be honest it also comes down to lazy efforts in the field of compression. Blu Ray and HD DVD are two formats we just dont need right now.

Of course I think we're already seeing some sneaky business going on in the dvd market. For example Season 1 of bones was put on double sided dvds instead of dual layer dvds. I suspect i has less to do with cost and more to do with forcing the public to see 'advantages' to the new format.

I mean FFXII for example is well over 50 hours long, and its on one DVD. Still LOOKS great. Plenty of PC games have INSANE textures and still fit on one DVD.

PS3 is a hodgepodge of new tech that just isnt read to be brought to light but has been anyway. The Wii...well its the Wii and will excel at gimmick controller games that on a technical level exist a generation behind the competition.

Im not saying 360 is OMG awesome. Im just starting to think, that in general, 'next gen' wont be here for a couple years yet.
o_0

Diablos

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 01:00:39 PM »
Actually, FFXII really suffered from only being single-layer, IMO. Mega compressed voice samples and textures as well (Balfonheim anyone? Some of the textures there are hideous to give you one example). Anyway, there will be awesome looking games on both consoles. But I think PS3 will have more texture variety/higher detail on the textures. Especially since devs can use the hdd as a cache in addition to having at least 25GB to begin with. And I think over time, PS3 will prove to have a clear advantage over the 360 because of it. Doesn't mean 360 sucks.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 01:14:18 PM »
PS3 will just have more FMV lol
o_0

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »
i agree 3 years too early for Next gen. and Ms shut down original xbox too early. at least sony hasent killed its Ps2 considering its the only thing making them any money right now I dont think we will see anything significant until the dust settles with the 2 and a half behemoths battling it out 
japan is going to eat up the Wii but how long will the wand waving fun last untill some one pokes an eye out or they make a game that involves shoving the contrller up your Wii friends ass. The Ps3 is a rich kids paperweight for the next year or gangsters pimp my ride device for now untill cost of it comes down. and the 360 well has some good games but xbox live is its selling point right now most of the people i know all play Live arcade they dont give a shit about GoW or how awesome the graphics are we want some better games that dont play like shit or ill put down after 2 hours and give it away to one of my sap friend. Ill buy all three systems but not till some good games come out for them so fuck next gen till i see some next gen awesomeness. untill then i can buy a bottle of Tequillia and get wasted playing games on my Ps2 and Modded xbox and GC. ending comment Time will tell, these consoles are still babies.
nin

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »
PS2 Rocks
nin

MrAngryFace

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »
ps2 does rock :D

I loved the ps1 too.

PS3 just needs some time and games I wanna play. To be fair tho both the ps2 and ps1 had bleh launch games.
o_0

shedt

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
It already IS an issue for 360 devs. The Oblivion guys already said they needed to cut corners and use extra compression on textures so they could fit everything on a DVD9.

bullshit. over half the dvd was audio. WTF are YOU smoking?

shedt

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »
I wouldn't say PS3 is inferior just in its infancy im. remember when PS2 was first released the graphics were poo. then after the first year better then look at RE4 fucking awesome [almost as good as GC version which was at first thought to be impossible.

almost? when it was released the graphics were poo? newsflash, they still are.

As soon as user base rises and developers get use to the Cell and the RSX
and the vertex such and such I think the PS3 has spot on the 60" mega 1080p tv [/quote]

when will that be? i guess you are missing the point, the 360 already has a much bigger userbase, better tools and cheaper to make games on.

and the vertex such and such I think the PS3 has spot on the 60" mega 1080p tv
[/quote]

What are you also smoking? 360 had 1080p support BEFORE the ps3 launched, and it will prob. have better games in 1080p. why???? memory bottlenecks in the ps3 are worse then the 360.

for ten years down the road especially because of the BR drive .DVD9 on the 360 i think was a mistake because eventually they are going to run out of space on that little DVD look at GTA San Andreas took up a full 9 gigs so what happens on the next GTA two disks on 360 bull shit they will have to dumb it down or lose half the soundtrack or make you down load the other half on the maybe 5 gigs of HD space you have left on the 360. So my take on it is xbox 360 will own ps3 for the first couple years but after that storage is going to be a big issue for  M$ as the games get bigger and more advanced.

my god i don't even want to reply to this ignorant bullshit.

shedt

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 02:54:19 PM »
Actually, FFXII really suffered from only being single-layer, IMO. Mega compressed voice samples and textures as well (Balfonheim anyone? Some of the textures there are hideous to give you one example).

Oblivion sounds fine on one dvd, and it's more open-ended with like all of the 1000+ npc's having recorded dialogue. that's just one example. and for a RPG, i odn't mind 2 or 3 dvd's

But I think PS3 will have more texture variety/higher detail on the textures.

Gears of War has better textures then any game i've seen on ps3, and listen here sony fanboys, it has nothing to do with the dvd it's on.

it's called memory bandwidth, do you get that? you can fill your bluray disc full of shitty tetures all you want.

Especially since devs can use the hdd as a cache

you mean like they've been doing since Xbox 1?

hahahahahahahahahaha

in addition to having at least 25GB to begin with. And I think over time, PS3 will prove to have a clear advantage over the 360 because of it. Doesn't mean 360 sucks.

no it's only advantage is for cut-scenes and FMV and bluray movies. and guess what?

in-game Gears of War cut-scene shits on anything fmv on anything sony has.

and you odn't need to spend $200 + to play it

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 03:20:06 PM »
your the ignorant peice of shit read between the lines idiot "HELLO  MC FLY "you fucking tard the XBOX 360 is nice but u arent going to have enough space on those little DVD's for new games coming out in the future look at oblivion barely fit on DVD9 dumbass all's im saying is that 4 years down the road when a game comes out that is over 9 gigs you are going to have to play the other DVD with the other half of the game on your little cunt hair of a penis you fuck stain. Who gives a shit about a memory bottle neck thats what the 50 gigs are for on the Blue Ray disk. Im no fanboy im just stating facts all the systems have problems your the fuckin fanboy try reading up on some books you need to start with Strawberry Shortcake's Wet Dreams you stupid fuck

nin

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 03:23:23 PM »
no shit it has a bigger user base you donkey puncher its been out a year. Fuck .. Go fuck your pet donkey
nin

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »
LOL :lol
nin

Diablos

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 03:25:23 PM »
 :lol :lol

shedt

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 03:25:39 PM »
thanks for backing up my opinion that sony fans are ignorant immature children.

come back to me when you can reply with facts, not insults.

thanks

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 03:26:18 PM »
You cant have two or three DVD's for an open ended RPG like oblivion you fucking prat.
nin

Diablos

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

bullshit. over half the dvd was audio. WTF are YOU smoking?

Uhh, what are YOU smoking? You go find the interview yourself. I believe it was on IGN. One of the devs quite literally said that there was not enough space for all the textures so they had to really compress a lot of them.

Get your head out of your ass, holy shit.

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 03:27:14 PM »
shedt  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( fuckin lamer you started the insults so fuck off
nin

shedt

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »
Who gives a shit about a memory bottle neck thats what the 50 gigs are for on the Blue Ray disk. Im no fanboy

im just

a little kid.

stating facts all the systems have problems your the fuckin fanboy try reading up on some books you need to start with Strawberry Shortcake's Wet Dreams you stupid fuck

i prefer textures like in Gears over shit textures like this ps1 game. fill your 50 gig disc with shit textures all you want.

and again, the in-game engine cut-scenes in Gears rapes pretty much all of those high budget $$$$ fmv's that take up your disc.

ps3= shitty textures, over priced, smaller userbase( higher price) costs more to make games, over a established technically better system.

shedt

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »
You cant have two or three DVD's for an open ended RPG like oblivion you fucking prat.

why should i need 2 or 3? they did it with Oblivion, and guess what?

i have the extra content for the ps3 version, right now before the ps3 version is even released.

hahahahah

you kids are to easy.

shedt

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 03:32:02 PM »
shedt  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( fuckin lamer you started the insults so fuck off

sorry children, i did not throw any childish insults, i just posted facts.

come back and reply when you can do so in a civil manner.

shedt

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 03:36:26 PM »

so kid you are now and adult and a video game developer?

You want to go tell Beth what they can and cannot do?

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »
Strife is some random gaffot, the likes of which belong in gamefaqs. Drinky crow mentioned he is worth keeping, Ive disliked him since his first post.
萌え~

shedt

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »
i thought evilbore was NOT like Opa-ages. oh well, i'll buy a ps3 maybe in a year when it comes down in price. i don't like being forced to buy something ie bluray player that i don't want that i don't need.

and using textures as a example of why the bluray is awesome is the worst, lets not even get into loading times here.

Anyone who has played Gears, the rain level, or even the part where you look down some grub holes, the textures my god

MrAngryFace

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006, 04:07:35 PM »
Actually I know strife in real life, I get drinks with him. He's pretty cool.
o_0

shedt

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2006, 04:18:01 PM »
cool dude i'll take your word for it. but this is the internet. i just don't know, if i was talking with a regular person and they started screaming and acting like that. well, it would not be a good thing.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2006, 04:40:10 PM »
its just videogames lol
o_0

shedt

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2006, 04:41:15 PM »
yeah for sure, the worsts it's videogames on the internet. anyhow i've got to go

Diablos

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »
owned  :D

shedt

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2006, 06:17:47 PM »
you and that other dude? i know, he won't even reply back. and you, again, just useless spam.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2006, 06:35:44 PM »
where's futami?

shedt

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2006, 06:50:47 PM »
better question, where's the thread with tons of pics of hot woman Mupepe?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2006, 10:02:48 PM »
better question, where's the thread with tons of pics of hot woman Mupepe?
haha, there's been quite a few of them on this forum.  Give it a week and we'll have another.

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2006, 01:30:58 AM »
shedt your the person that called us ignorant pieces of shit in the first place so fuck off i dont give a fuck if i get banned your just a fuckin punk bitch that doesnt like to have his ass fed to him and admit you dont know what your even talking about and you actually dont have shit to back up your own words so you cockthirsty  junk slut go get your shit packed. and ps i wasnt screaming fuck head no caps. Fuck VIZ too you fuckin wanker i dont give a fuck who you are ban me i dont give shit the only cool cats are Drinky Cow and Mr Angry Face sorry for pissing your buddy off but the guy deserves it. Late
nin

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2006, 01:35:35 AM »
Strife, stop posting. You have a very annoying writing "style". If its all a joke quit being childish, maf mentioned you guys drink together so you cant be too fucking young, so stop posting barely coherent messages.
萌え~

Himu

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2006, 01:37:47 AM »
Is this guy Doombringer from gaf
IYKYK

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2006, 01:46:12 AM »
:bow Strife :bow
duc

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2006, 01:54:42 AM »
what ever you guys are just whinny little babies, that picked up on a conversation between me and shedt for him calling my and diablos posts as ignorant bullshit. So stay the fuck outta my business i was doing fine untill the words "IGNORANT AND BULLSHIT" came into play so fuck you guys. My thanks to Diablos for backing me up a couple times at least he knows where I was coming from. This is my last post untill I talk to Mr Angry Face at least he was keeping the posts civil until shedt started talking shit. "Gaffot" fuck you! VIZ
nin

Christopher

• Justin Timberlake's #1 Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2006, 01:56:02 AM »
:bow

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2006, 01:57:47 AM »
whats up drinky sorry for the mess man. :lol :lol :lol
nin

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2006, 01:58:31 AM »
Are you not from gaf? My mistake then. Either way, stop posting.
萌え~

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2006, 02:01:54 AM »
blah blah blah is that coherent enough for you asshole because thats what your posts look like to me
nin

Strife Doombringer

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2006, 02:03:06 AM »
 :lol
nin